PDA

View Full Version : Trust Me I Saw A CD

Amy Lynn3
11-11-2015, 07:22 PM
I was meeting a lady for the first time today, for lunch at Panera Bread. I had just said hello to my date and were about to take a seat. About that time I turned around and coming toward me was a tall, slim blonde. My first thought was this is a man. She was dressed nice in a black tennis type skirt and a white top. The sleeves were long, but the hands were large. As she passed me and walked away, I watched her. Another give away was she walked like she was behind a plow horse.. Nothing at all feminine about her walk. Her figure was...well not there. She had light make up on, but still looked like an average male.
She was sitting in a corner, with her back to it. She was by herself and had a Laptop Computer. She used her computer for the two hours I was there and she was there when I left. I thought that fit, because most of the time I see only men doing business on a computer out an about.
So, I say trust me, I saw a sister out today and I know it. Some I see I am not sure about. Had I been by myself I would have sit near her to see if I could pick up on more clues, to confirm it.
She might be a member here, so if you were in Panera Bread today in Greensboro, NC give me a shout.:o

kittie60
11-11-2015, 07:35 PM
It seems we all have a built in radar for that sort of thing. I've been read by others once in awhile and have looked up and seen it. Usually if its at coffee shop I'll smile and invite them over. Some will come and sit, others wont. It'not to often but I do enjoy the conversation when it happens.

ReineD
11-11-2015, 08:40 PM
She might be a member here, so if you were in Panera Bread today in Greensboro, NC give me a shout.:o

Oh dear. If she is a member here, I don't think she'll like reading that she was clocked and you thought she walked like she was behind a plow horse. :p

MelanieAnne
11-11-2015, 09:17 PM
Tsk..tsk. I've never been so insulted in my life. :eek:

Tracii G
11-11-2015, 09:20 PM
It is hard to get rid of the plow horse walk LOLOLOL.

Hell on Heels
11-11-2015, 09:35 PM
Hell-o Amy,
She's probably a regular customer.
If she is a member here, and wasn't scared away by your "plow horse" remark.
You may have to make a few more Panera Bread visits in the future.
Say hell-o to her for me!
Much Love,
Kristyn

heatherdress
11-11-2015, 09:37 PM
Could have been me:

"Dressed nice...the hands were large...walked like she was behind a plow horse...Nothing at all feminine about her walk. Her figure was...well not there...She had light make up on, but still looked like an average male."

That would be me on one of my good days, like today, but I wasn't in NC today.

Amy Lynn3
11-11-2015, 10:40 PM
Folks, don't take me serious about my plow horse walk comment. I just wanted to point out it is hard to hide the male walk and her walk really stood out. I think I was the only one to notice, but it was easy for me, because when I walk I look like I am dodging what the horse dropped on the ground.

Reine... Yes, she was clocked, but I got the impression she did not care and yes, the next time I am out that way I will stop in again, but by myself.

heatherdress. Dear, you and I are twins. The only way I can pass is to get in my car and drive past people.

Robin414
11-11-2015, 10:41 PM
I think I did as well but she's skilled in the art! I'm working on modifying a pair of night vision goggles to make them sensitive to the tell tale 'pink fog', anybody wanna croud fund the project? Just need to find some of that element the CIA uses for time travel machines...ya know... 'unobtanium' 😉

Princess Chantal
11-12-2015, 12:42 AM
Are you sure she was a cd? She may have been someone under the transgender umbrella that doesn't see her appearance as crossdressing.

Robin414
11-12-2015, 12:58 AM
I agree, being 'you' (whatever that is) is OK...right ☺

ChristinaK
11-12-2015, 01:02 AM
I've seen a couple of other girls around and I love it. May the force be with us.

Now, I'm gonna have to work on my walk, as I certainly don't want to walk like I'm plowing anything, male or female ;-/

JulieFL
11-12-2015, 08:29 AM
It seems we all have a built in radar for that sort of thing.

Remember Elementary School?

"Takes on to know one!" :tongueout

Krisi
11-12-2015, 09:16 AM
You were at Panera Bread for two hours? That's a long lunch. As for the computer part, I have seen women using computers in places like that. I don't think that made her a crossdresser.

Go back alone and see if she is there again. Maybe you can study her some more and figure it out. Just don't be obvious about it.

Stephanie47
11-12-2015, 11:10 AM
My first thought when reading this was how inconsiderate she was because she was taking up space for two hours. My wife and I run into this all the time at a local Starbucks located in our local Barnes and Nobles. The place is full of college men and women using the free Internet access. We old people cannot find a table to sit at and enjoy a brew and share a slice of cheese cake. Now, they're taking over Panera Bread which is across the parking lot. Darn, what's this world coming to. Hey, I did see a cross dressing male once at Barnes & Noble. But, it was OK. She was looking for a book and not hogging a table. Maybe I'll stay at McDonald's any enjoy a large black coffee for a buck!

Krisi
11-12-2015, 11:35 AM
I'm a bit surprised they don't run these people off so they can service new customers. They are not making any money on folks just taking up tables. I used to work in a bar and some folks would try to buy one beer and stay all night listening to the band. No way - drink or get out.

AmyVanessa
11-12-2015, 01:07 PM
I like Panera, mostly I like their iced tea. If I'm there using one of the outlets, and I see peeps waiting to use one, I'm pretty quick. I stay longer if nobody's waiting and there's empty tables where the outlets are.
But yes, the fem walk does take some practice.

Dana44
11-12-2015, 01:24 PM
Stephenie, A McDonald's I know of has a bunch of old people sitting and using the free internet. Makes it hard for us to have a brew and a cheeseburger. LOL and at the local library there are older people there at every seat on their laptops. So, if you see people at starbucks. Say Hi and sit with em. Never know you might find friend. We did at that Mcdonalds.

AllieSF
11-12-2015, 02:40 PM
If McDonald's and Starbuck's were worried about their bottom line and what some of you say about hogging tables, then the easy solution would be to stop the wi-fi internet connection service they provide free of charge. Nope, folks, they let people sit around and do that because those sitting, hogging customers actually do buy stuff and also fill in the stores' quiet low business hours and are a part of their planned and sought after income stream. They also become regular customers. As Dana says, they can and have become good acquaintances during my regular Starbuck's visits. Yes, it may be tough sometimes when looking for a table during rush hours.

Amy, we trust your identification. I do hope you get the chance to actually meet and talk with her.

Karren H
11-12-2015, 04:18 PM
It is hard to get rid of the plow horse walk LOLOLOL.

Even years after I sold my horse I'm still haunted by that damn walk!

MelanieAnne
11-12-2015, 10:46 PM
Folks, don't take me serious about my plow horse walk comment.

Once it's out there, it's out there. Well, I never..........Sniff :eek:

franlee
11-12-2015, 11:28 PM
Amy Lynn, You are about as diplomatic and easy on the ears to the subject as I am in my speech. And that is ruff. Damn glad you aint seen me, this whole forum would be in stitches with your description of me. LOL When we can't laugh at our self we all have a problem. Not that it cures but it does lighten the drama.

Nancy Sue
11-13-2015, 02:39 AM
I was meeting a lady for the first time today, for lunch at Panera Bread. I had just said hello to my date and were about to take a seat. About that time I turned around and coming toward me was a tall, slim blonde. My first thought was this is a man. She was dressed nice in a black tennis type skirt and a white top. The sleeves were long, but the hands were large. As she passed me and walked away, I watched her. Another give away was she walked like she was behind a plow horse.. Nothing at all feminine about her walk. Her figure was...well not there. She had light make up on, but still looked like an average male.

One of the things I decided when I joined this forum was to meet some girls in this group, ones who said they are here to learn, and also to share what they have learned with others. It took a few years actually, but earlier this year I was able to finally do that, and had a few outings with girls in the LA area I had become friends with. I was regularly bombarded (in a good way) with suggestions, and demonstrations. What to do, and not do. How to walk, and not walk. How to go through doors like a lady, carry a purse, that women just smile, instead of nod, when passing people, or greeting them, and much more. If you see her again, and are able to meet and talk, perhaps you will become friends and can share some of the things you have learned here with her. I know many GGs who plod, too, but usually ones who are not especially caring to "present" as women. (A couple quick suggestions for those readers who want to know a little more: Keep your head up (instead of looking down at the ground). Walk with your steps in a line (instead of shoulder width like men do) which helps that derriere swing. And walk slower, and more deliberate, than you probably do when presenting as male. I have taken to trying to walk the same way all the time, even when in male mode, as it helps me when I have crossed into the fog.

MelanieAnne
11-13-2015, 11:27 PM
Actually, I've seen GGs walk like a plow horse in heels. Usually at weddings and dressup events, it's women who never wear heels otherwise. Contrary to popular belief, walking in heels does not come naturally to women. Most of them just have more practice than men.

Jacqueline StGermain
11-14-2015, 08:06 AM
I was doing a little shopping at the local thrift department store ( in drab, just got off work ) I saw a tall slender girl in the shoe section with a gg, attractive, but had the signs of a cd.
The walk, facial features, voice etc, decided not to saw anything, as not to draw attention to her.
I didn't notice any other customers paying attention to her, with that being said, even while shopping the women's section in drab mode, nobody seems to care.
I did get some nice shoes.

jenniferinsf
11-14-2015, 09:34 AM
i find i now consciously walk en femme.....confidently - leading with the hips whether i am behind a plow horse or not

the horse actually turned around and gave me a wink...

Sheila11
11-14-2015, 12:48 PM
I thought I had special cd vision. One day I was enjoying a meal in a Mexican restaurant and noticed a cd at another table across the room. All the tell-tale signs. Large hands and ankles, ill fitting wig, oversized facial features, not this best coordinated outfit. But sitting at an angle that did not allow a good look. Almost got up and asked if she would like to share a meal. She walked right by me when she got up to leave and was obviously GG. Made me feel better about myself.

I. need to have my cd vision adjusted.

Acastina
11-14-2015, 02:28 PM
Folks, don't take me serious about my plow horse walk comment. I just wanted to point out it is hard to hide the male walk and her walk really stood out. I think I was the only one to notice, but it was easy for me, because when I walk I look like I am dodging what the horse dropped on the ground.

:lol2:

Seriously, though, walking and talking are crucial skills to acquire if ya wanna pass (at least most of the time).

For the former, think of the old slur "light in the loafers" and soften how you put your feet down. More on a centerline (think runway model but not so extreme), shorter steps, and put the heel and toe down together to avoid that slapping thing. A long stride, toes-out (10&2), and a rigid body will start the clock every time.

For talking, pick an actress with a voice on the husky side (Lauren Bacall comes to mind) and parrot her every line in a movie. If you can sing at all, think of that pitch control, go up a few notes, and add that characteristic questioning inflection to the ends of your sentences.

Laura912
11-15-2015, 09:55 AM
Our Paneras has a hitching post outside...thank goodness!

Amy Lynn3
11-15-2015, 01:24 PM
Laura, I know how to get your goat........I'll watch where you tie it and your horse too. Laura, if anyone should know this, it is you.....I am an old nag myself.:2c:

CindySTJ
11-15-2015, 11:36 PM
I was driving the other day all dressed up and had a car pull up next to me and the male passenger looked right at me and I pulled up a little farther and the car pulled up so the female driver could see me. I looked right at her and smiled and I could see her lips go "I don't know". Her make up was worse then mine but I am almost positive she was a GG, I wish we could just say something like hi sister or something. I love the responses that say we need a secret hand shake. LOL

Amy Lynn3
11-16-2015, 09:49 AM
CindySTJ, One never knows for sure who we meet out and about, but allowing them to know who we are is a greater problem. Some years back, the members all (most) agreed to wear a rubber band on our wrist, so anyone seeing it would know for sure we a member of this site. I wore my rubber band, but not a person ask me anything about it and I never saw anyone else with one on either.

Guess I will stick to my old way of meeting members here. If they live near me I PM them and hope we can meet for lunch some place.