PDA

View Full Version : I sometimes wish we lived in the same town

Meghan4now
11-12-2015, 08:54 AM
I've been on this board for a few months, and lurked on and off for a very long time before. I enjoy a lot of the banter and comradery that goes on here, and feel real empathy for many of my compatriots. But the written word takes so long, and I would love to have a sit down conversation, or a good game of pool or darts with many members here. I would love to be able to help support some of those Nervous Nellies to get out in a safe environment, and just let their hair down (updos are hard for girls like me!).

Just wishing for a day we were living in TGtown. Fantasy? Yes, but that seems to be a popular topic here anyway!

All my love to you!

michelleddg
11-12-2015, 08:56 AM
Yeah, Mama, but sometimes even when you're in the same town it's hard to connect :-( Hugs, Michelle

Cheryl_Layton
11-12-2015, 09:39 AM
But Cincinnati to New York is only a couple of inches on the map. W-what? It’s HOW FAR????? Yikes!

I realise how lucky I am that my TG town (Manchester) is a mere 40 minutes drive from me where I’ll be meeting up with some folks from this very forum next week, all en-femme (we’ll let you know how we get on).

Meeting others really is something I would heartily recommend, if you can. It not only makes you feel more at ease with your dressing but simply relating your experiences of dressing with each other is great fun. And usually, at support group meetings you get to meet people in different stages of dressing, transitioning, transexualising (both women and men) so it’s a really interesting experience.

It also, and this is probably the best thing about meeting others, gives you a reason to dress. Dressing at home alone can only go so far before it becomes easier not to dress; it would be a shame if all that stuff hanging in your wardrobe went to waste.

Helen_Highwater
11-12-2015, 11:08 AM
"Meeting others really is something I would heartily recommend, if you can. It not only makes you feel more at ease with your dressing but simply relating your experiences of dressing with each other is great fun.*"

Ditto that: actually meeting other CD'ers moved my CD'ing forward hugely. It grew my own self confidence and willingness to push the envelope of what I was prepared to do.

M'mm, a town of CD's. Sounds like a made for tv series. Sort of Zombie apocalypse meets Stepford Wives with heels.

pamela7
11-12-2015, 12:00 PM
definitely find friends to meet locally. i'm meeting MichelleDevon tomorrow evening at the SouthWest Girls gathering near Exeter. I've already had a long soak and leg shave and having a nail pedi polish by my SO, for perfect nails. And we get to chat with the other T-girls there over a few cups of tea. Some then go onto a local club and dance the night away. There will be others in your city/town/state.

Gabby6790
11-12-2015, 12:06 PM
I agree. I am not a very social person so going to an event or support group without already knowing someone is tough for me. But after speaking with all the wonderful people on here it was be much less anxious for me meeting a board member.

Alright, so it is cold and rainy by me, who wants to start planning the CD.Com cruise for next summer??? :cheers:

Cheryl James
11-12-2015, 12:18 PM
My outings have always been solo. That isn't by choice. It is just that I don't know anyone else who has the same interest in dressing that I do. I've thought about this quite a bit and feel that there is so much to learn from others who have walked this same path. My not knowing anyone on a personal basis is a loss for me.

AngelaYVR
11-12-2015, 12:32 PM
Sounds like fun for a weekend or so. Can you imagine all the squabbling after that? Pitched battles between the blenders versus the overt. Fisticuffs in the clearance sections. Someone telling everybody that their tiny hips/huge boobs/clompy walk/failure to sit while going to the bathroom is sending "invade me" signals to aliens....

Beverley Sims
11-12-2015, 02:28 PM
Meghan,
All I can say is look for a common interest group, maybe it is far away but the travel will be worth it.

It is great therapy being able to just sit and talk about life with like minded people.

MissDanielle
11-12-2015, 02:39 PM
Once I master makeup, it would be great to meet fellow CDers after I move to Chicago next summer (and can be free to be me without getting caught at home).

Meghan4now
11-12-2015, 04:50 PM
Well I do get out, and am a member of a CD/TG group locally, and have met other forum members from out of town. All of which is great, I really enjoy and encourage others. But I don't get out or meet others quite as often as I would like. And there are some very cool people here that (very surprisingly) don't get the chance. Some are very far away.

I was just daydreaming of how cool it would be to hang out and talk with them one on one, because I much prefer real life to cyber life.

AllieSF
11-12-2015, 06:07 PM
I understand how you feel Meghan. I decided that I wanted to go out from the start, and wanted to go with someone who had "been there and done that". I used this forum to connect with others and eventually, it worked out very well for me. I mostly met travelers who would come to the San Francisco Bay area on business or pleasure. Those meet ups generally were few and far between. Though a few friends seemed to regularly get to this area. I still occasionally see the first person with whom I went out into the real world. It is nice to be able to talk about this site and people we know here. But, eventually and quickly we just get on to other life issues with only an occasional relapse to our TG?CD sides. Since SF is so accommodating and accepting, I branched out from TG friends and venues to mainstream theaters, museums, bars and restaurants. I now feel very comfortable going into town to places I enjoy and just talking with strangers. I now know most of the wait staff at the bars and restaurants that I frequent the most and most of the owners too. So, I now really do enjoy flying solo once in awhile.

Cincinnati has to be a big enough city that attracts fellow members here for business and pleasure. Just let them know that you would love to meet them when they visit, and you never know when that will happen. It is well worth the effort and time and patience. Good luck.

Jane G
11-12-2015, 06:17 PM
Great idea Meghan. :daydreaming:

Karren H
11-12-2015, 07:04 PM
I understand how you feel Meghan. I decided that I wanted to go out from the start, and wanted to go with someone who had "been there and done that". I used this forum to connect with others and eventually, it worked out very well for me. I mostly met travelers who would come to the San Francisco Bay area on business or pleasure. Those meet ups generally were few and far between. Though a few friends seemed to regularly get to this area. I still occasionally see the first person with whom I went out into the real world. It is nice to be able to talk about this site and people we know here. But, eventually and quickly we just get on to other life issues with only an occasional relapse to our TG?CD sides. Since SF is so accommodating and accepting, I branched out from TG friends and venues to mainstream theaters, museums, bars and restaurants. I now feel very comfortable going into town to places I enjoy and just talking with strangers. I now know most of the wait staff at the bars and restaurants that I frequent the most and most of the owners too. .

You sold Allie!! Let's just all move to San Francisco... Put flowers in out hair. You can show us around!!!

steftoday
11-12-2015, 07:07 PM
I'll be there in a couple of weeks... I just PM'd Allie to see if I can meet some of the ladies from here...the only thing is, I have to be in boy mode... :(

mykell
11-12-2015, 07:11 PM
hi meghan, i have started to put together a local meet-up like this one

http://www.meetup.com/Mid-Atlantic-Trans-perienceCommunity/

its all registered just have to sell it to my wife for the financial blessing....once it gets rolling will just charge a small fee to join to cover costs, lots of jersey girls id like to meet here.. asbury park is very LGBT friendly......maybe you can get one going in your parts......make it and they will come....

CourtneyBme
11-12-2015, 09:02 PM
I agree with you too Meghan. I too would love to go out and meet others like ourselves and have a good time.

Like Journey says "Don't Stop Believing"

TrishaTX
11-12-2015, 09:05 PM
I wish this were true too, there are a few girls here in DFW area, but in Long Island there were many more events...dressed or not.

Sometimes Steffi
11-12-2015, 09:09 PM
'll be there in a couple of weeks... I just PM'd Allie to see if I can meet some of the ladies from here...the only thing is, I have to be in boy mode... :(

As Captain Louis Renault (in the movie Casablanca) said, "I'm shocked, shocked to find that" you're going out in San Francisco in boy mode.

steftoday
11-12-2015, 10:11 PM
Lol. Check your PM inbox, Steffi.

Victoria Demeanor
11-12-2015, 10:16 PM
Hey Meghan, I get what you're saying. I have met so many cool people here and enjoyed getting to know them, but the cyber interaction is limited. I could get out where I live and meet people, but I do kind of feel like family here and it would be so great to be able to sit down with many on here and actually talk, over a cup of coffee or glass of wine.
I'm not sure about TGtown, but I have often fantasized about a long weekend beach house get together with several of us here (yes you have a room reserved). Mythical, mystical creatures all crammed into one house, Wow that could really be dangerous.

{"Sort of Zombie apocalypse meets Stepford Wives with heels."} LOL thanks Helen not sure I'm going to get that image out of my head now.

flatlander_48
11-12-2015, 10:27 PM
M4:

I'm originally from Toledo and left there in '90. I also spent a year and a half in the early 90's working near Lexington, KY. However, both were long before I started dressing.

Anyway, keep searching Baby Girl...

DeeAnn