PDA

View Full Version : Baby steps

vickyybluee
11-12-2015, 12:43 PM
Hey all! I'm still new here so I feel like I shouldnt post too much but I just have to share something with you all because I have no one else to share it with!

So, last night I made huge progress. This may not seem like much to you all but for me it is, I bought my first pair of yoga pants last night at the store! :D Now this isnt really a huge feat but for me it is because I am such a shy person and tend to over think things and get cold feet and chicken out at the last moment but last night I broke through that. It really wasnt that hard! All I did was walk in, look at all the leggings and decided which one i wanted then bought them. No one looked at me weird, I didnt catch any unwanted attention and it was great. I feel like new. I'm wearing my leggings now and are wishing you all a great day!! Have fun and for you out there that can't get the confidence to get the clothes that you want... Just do it! It takes baby steps but I feel like I'm a lot more comfortable now! plus the leggings ad some really needed comfort ;)

AmyVanessa
11-12-2015, 12:53 PM
That is an awesome start. Once you see that the people at the store really don't care, it gets easier.

cg2002bolt
11-12-2015, 12:54 PM
Good for you. Havent acquired any leggings yet but deff on the list. Hope to read more post from you on here.

Pat
11-12-2015, 01:24 PM
Congratulations! There are no small steps, all steps on the journey are equally important. I remember my anxiety when I took that same step and it's a true act of bravery on your part.

Beverley Sims
11-12-2015, 02:14 PM
See how easy it is?

Now on to the next step. :-)

CynthiaD
11-12-2015, 05:06 PM
Congratulations! Many happy returns!

Allisa
11-12-2015, 08:44 PM
I'm sure almost all of us here have felt your angst about buying female clothing for the first time. Now clothes shopping is a part of our lives we never thought we would do. Take your time and find your own pace and keep on posting and sharing that's why we're here. If you think it feels good now just wait, it gets so much better.

Lizzy Straite
11-12-2015, 08:48 PM
Good for you!! I have some much fun shopping now that I took that step by myself. At first it was only with my SO

TrishaTX
11-12-2015, 09:07 PM
Good for you , you will find most sales associates really do not care, so you can do your thing.

BLUE ORCHID
11-12-2015, 09:25 PM
Hi Vickyy,:hugs: One thing that may help you is not to make eye contact with other shoppers. ...:daydreaming:...

kittie60
11-12-2015, 09:43 PM
That's awesome. Now every step you take from now on will get easier for you and it'll be so much more fun for you. Good luck.

Hell on Heels
11-12-2015, 10:34 PM
Hell-o Vicky,
That first time brick and mortar shopping purchase experience can be quite
exhilarating, can't it!
We get all paranoid of the possible questioning at checkout time.... And then...
Nothin', nada, have a nice day!
And we're left thinking... WTF ? You mean I'm free to go? With these leggings?
HELL---OOOOOO ! Is anyone paying attention here? It's me, I'm a dude, and I'm
buying leggings! ANYONE???

Nice to hear you conquered those fears.
Now how about getting those heels you've had your eye on!
Much Love,
Kristyn

Shads_Firehawk
11-13-2015, 05:58 AM
Aww bless your heart. That's wonderful that you were able to buy the leggings. I hope you felt on top of the world :)