PDA

View Full Version : What is it about you? And, what isn't?

CarlaWestin
11-14-2015, 07:31 AM
What do you have going for you that lends itself to your feminine side?

With me, it's a comfortable size. 5' 10" at 150 lbs. Size 12 dresses and size 11 shoes.
Add makeup, wig and jewelry and, I blend in pretty good.

On the down side, big man hands at the end of long arms and broad shoulders.
Sometimes I look like a lobster in disguise.
Aging face that requires masonry skill to apply makeup.

But, I do have legs to die for. My Daughter told me that.

So, what's your plus and minus?

Contessa
11-14-2015, 07:58 AM
I might have to say that I am pretty much the same as yourself. I can fit into size 10 shoes, some confidence is one thing though that will help any one blend in. A big smile means a lot too.

Contessa

cdinmd206
11-14-2015, 08:31 AM
Carla,
You are one of the hottest women on the board and I love your postings. You have such a narrative ways of describing something.

Teresa
11-14-2015, 08:46 AM
Carla,
If I wasn't a CDer I wouldn't have the same problems you list !

I just tell myself age has been kind to me then have a good laugh when I look in the mirror !

My legs are getting quite a following especially among the GGs and also a guy in my painting group who commented on my sexy knees !

taylormercedes
11-14-2015, 09:12 AM
At 5'4" on a good day my height definitely has its advantages and shoes are easier to find. I just wish I had a better butt and hips. My sister has a big butt and I'm left wondering how come I didn't get those genes lol!

MichelleDevon
11-14-2015, 09:26 AM
I am reliably advised by many GG friends - legs, butt and smile complete with dimples - in no particular order.

On the downside - hairy arms (that's the one area I don't shave, just bleach), fingernails that I can't seem to grow beyond about 2mm before they break or split, muscular masculine shoulders (about strappy tops and sleeveless dresses), being very tall (at 6'4" in my stockinged (usually) feet I always stand out!), deep voice which I have not really tried to train.

Michelle
xxx

Dana L
11-14-2015, 09:41 AM
For me the up-sides are definitely my legs, although since hormones my butt, thighs and hips are looking really good and my waist has gotten smaller. My breasts are getting there. They are on both sides good because they are there(38B) but bad because I wish they were bigger(at least a C cup). On the down-side I also have big man hands, size 14 women's feet, broad shoulders and at 6'2" and 185lb I stand out. Being almost 50 can be up or down because older women aren't held to as high of a standard as younger women, but make-up can be a bit of a challenge.

sometimes_miss
11-14-2015, 10:02 AM
B almost C cup breasts (leftovers from being fat, then skinny, then fat, repeat ad infinitum), slowly growing fair colored facial & body hair (none in the ears and none coming out of the shnozola), pretty blue eyes, rather small genitals which makes wearing female underwear pretty easy, and, of course the most important, a brain the can remain delusional for long periods of time.

Julie Denier
11-14-2015, 10:14 AM
Well, I'm told that I have a nice smile. Other than that ... :D

Ally 2112
11-14-2015, 10:19 AM
Thankful for my long hair decent legs and small feet .On the other side of the coin i have no butt and hips

JenniferR771
11-14-2015, 10:23 AM
Good question, Carla!
Size 10 shoes; five feet seven inches(170 cm) and 144 lbs(65 Kg); no butt at all; slightly broad shoulders. Size 10 dresses. Wrinkles around my eyes and face. Passable on a good day. (From a suitable distance.)

IamWren
11-14-2015, 10:30 AM
I almost hate to say this because I know so many here are self conscious about their height. Like Taylor, I'm very short and I would bet I am one of the shortest girls on the forum, including the GGs! I come in at a towering 5'2". :(
Pretty much everything that I am terribly self conscious about in male mode is what helps me me as a CDer... my height, I'm more of a grower than a shower so my dangly bits are quite small, I'm somewhat overweight and getting to an age where I have small man-boobs, I have very small feet (a women's 7.5 - 8) and skinny calves.

On the down side I have man-shaped hands that i think are completely gross for a female look and frankly not very nice for a male for that matter because they're small and stubby. I have no hair on the top of my head so fake hair for me en femme yet I have hair everywhere else in places I really wish it wasn't.

Quite a catch for the GGs huh. :D

sometimes_miss
11-14-2015, 10:47 AM
On the down side I have man-shaped hands that i think are completely gross for a female look and frankly not very nice for a male for that matter because they're small and stubby.
However you can wear those pretty elbow length gloves that I can't even get my hands into!

Lily Catherine
11-14-2015, 12:11 PM
Plus:
Thin frame that fits US size 2 dresses nicely (last measured: 34-24-28 @ 168cm)
Small feet that make shoes very accessible (EU38)
Full lips
Youthful facial features

Minus:
Shoulders are rather broad
Eyes don't take very kindly to makeup
Insufficient butt
Body hair grows unusually fast

TrishaTX
11-14-2015, 12:32 PM
Good side = butt somewhat survey figure not allot of muscle and smile
Bad side = 5 o'clock shadow, belly....hair in general

Debra Russell
11-14-2015, 01:22 PM
On the plus side, 5'8", 157 lb, size 9 shoes. down side, no butt, barrel chest, larger hands and old age.............................Debra

Allisa
11-14-2015, 01:34 PM
My plus-5'-7',long natural hair,138lbs,size 9 shoes, size 8/10 clothes.
Minus- skinny bowed legs, stubbly wide hands, and not so girly voice, old man face.
I don't know how I get by when out and about.

Robin414
11-14-2015, 04:27 PM
On the plus side, I'd say everthing from the neck down. Negative, everything from the neck up, OMG I'm a hot mess 😢

Alice Torn
11-14-2015, 04:29 PM
I am six foot six, and clothes hang on me quite like a mannequin or model, very long slender legs, face looks ok with a wig, and makeup. Size 20W, but have huge feet and huge hands, and protruding forehead, and jutting chin, and non female voice.

JocelynJames
11-14-2015, 05:13 PM
Plus - 5'8" size 9 shoe and am always told I look very young (male mode) . I have smaller hands( wedding ring finger is smaller than an 8) and I have lesser common hazel eyes. I'm very toned and have super muscular legs and can shimmy into a 10 skirt
Negs- typical male upper arm tattoos, daily hair removal is needed and the 5 o'clock shadow shows up 4 hours post shaving. My brow bone is slightly prominent, and I have a good 10 lbs around the middle
Is what it is

Jaylyn
11-14-2015, 05:32 PM
I really have more isn'ts. My broad shoulders, aging face, and big feet. I have to also use masonry skills apply base to cover the flaws. My broad shoulders are not as bad because I am 6'2". My big size 14 wide feet look like duck feet. The plus sides are I can wear shorter skirts, I have long legs that are somewhat muscled. I can wear my wife's tops that are baggy on her and they fit me almost perfect. Very thin hair is a isn't in male mode but in feminine it makes wearing my wigs easier to wear. Every one tells me my eyes are my strongest point and they melt girls hearts. They are very blue and lashes are fairly long naturally. A minus is my slender butt not at all feminine. Why I usually wear a corset under neath. I suppose these are my faults for being feminine and my pros for the same. This is an interesting thread. Bet we all have varying but similar plus n minuses.

NANNETTE
11-14-2015, 05:38 PM
Nice legs which is essential for me as I am mad about tights/pantyhose. I have fair skin and don't have much hair on my legs as a result I very rarely shave them. I am blessed with naturally curly hair. I can't believe that I only began to appreciate this in recent years. Many women have remarked about how pretty my hair is and many women would die to have hair like mine. I have now embraced this as when my hair gets really curly it saves me having to buy a wig. On the minus side my hands are a little large although not huge, that's a real bone of contention for me.

MissDanielle
11-14-2015, 06:34 PM
I'm 5'7" so I've got that going for me.

SHINY-J
11-14-2015, 09:01 PM
D
What do you have going for you that lends itself to your feminine side?

With me, it's a comfortable size. 5' 10" at 150 lbs. Size 12 dresses and size 11 shoes.
Add makeup, wig and jewelry and, I blend in pretty good.

On the down side, big man hands at the end of long arms and broad shoulders.
Sometimes I look like a lobster in disguise.
Aging face that requires masonry skill to apply makeup.

But, I do have legs to die for. My Daughter told me that.

So, what's your plus and minus?

Well, I would say most of mine that are minuses are pretty obvious! Lol

I'm 6'3" and 215 lbs... I do have muscles and broad shoulders as I'm a guy who just loves to dress in trashy lingerie - I don't identify as a woman. Plus, my dressing style is completely trashy and over-the-top and almost all of the clothes I have are for bedroom only- if I wore them out in public sight, I would quickly be arrested. I shave completely and I'm smooth all over, but I never tuck and all of my footwear is platform heels and boots- when I'm dressed, I'm about 7 feet tall. I say those as minuses because I know many on here want to be passable and feminine. While I understand that, I'm mainly trying to look as what I find sexual and arousing. I know it's kinky, loud, wild, and over the top, but I absolutely love it! I know I don't look like a woman when I'm fully dressed, but there have been many that have told me they were attracted to me and express their desire to be with me.

In terms of things that could pass as feminine, My face when completely done up is almost 90% passable. I still think the fact that it's attached to a 6'3" athletic body is the only reason why I'm not 100% passable. If it was head shots only and great makeup, I'm very passable. I also think my ass and legs look great when I'm fully dressed. Being that I am usually wearing very elaborate outfits and lingerie, while my body is tall and strong being a man, the curves are all in the right places when I have my corset, breast forms, hip and thigh padding, etc. on and I'm wearing a latex catsuit or gown. So i can dress like a woman and pass, but if I'm standing next to a guy, it's pretty obvious that I'm not. Still, I've learned the things to wear and where to stuff and where to tighten things to appear as femme as passible.:heehee:

kittie60
11-14-2015, 10:02 PM
Well listening to everybody I have to agree on my size 13w feet,even though I wear the same in women's. Huge hands that with nice nails,Polish and a few rings disguises them better. Also to much body hair that I keep removing every week.
On the plus side I'm 6'2" plus size 22w. Most people I know like that cause their is alot more leg area which I'vebeen told I have great legs for a 60yr old, and my smile and personality. Of course I'm bald on top so I wear a wig, which is nice if I have a bad hair dayi justchange my wig lol

Taragirl427
11-15-2015, 06:05 AM
Plusses- none at all. I guess just a strong desire to work at it...
Minuses- pretty much everything that makes me look like a manly man works against me as a girl.

Angela Marie
11-15-2015, 08:46 AM
5ft 6-7 145-150. I have a petite build and very nice legs as the result of daily exercise. I have been told I have nice feminine features; high cheekbones, small mouth, smallish hands. Bad side. Very thin and getting thinner hair. Wish it were plush and I could grow it out so i could dispense with the wig.

Raychel
11-15-2015, 09:37 AM
5'4", 200lbs, looking much like a guy,
Nothing really going for me. Hard to find nice clothes
to big for regular womens clothes, to short for most everything.
Although size 10 shoes are not all that hard to find, but with my WIDE feet
that can be an issue,

So on the plus side, I think the 42dd's aren't all that bad
on the minus side, just about everything else.

CarlaWestin
11-15-2015, 09:51 AM
Carla,
You are one of the hottest women on the board and I love your postings. You have such a narrative ways of describing something.

Why, thank you so much!

BillieAnneJean
11-15-2015, 10:45 AM
My plusses are my friends in The Grand Illusions Crossdresser Group.

My minuses are too many too list.

Regardless I am having fun with this as well as and as long as I can.

Courtneigh
11-15-2015, 10:56 AM
I'm 5'7 and a 135/140 lbs. I'm skinny, size 6 shoe and small clitty but my shoulders and arms put me off. I need HRT....I need to look the way I feel....feminine. I'm not out yet....it's an issue to me, life will become more complicated but the other side of the coin, more normalised and relaxed.

Karren H
11-15-2015, 11:23 AM
Seems to me like everything I have naturally works against me. And I have to work really hard to pull off this look. As far as blending in. I don't and I don't really care either.

Stephanie47
11-15-2015, 11:28 AM
My "up side" is my man side which is pretty much my feminine "down side."

At six foot even and 195 pounds in the AM I would appear to be an overly large woman. As a man my height and frame are still attractive to women. That's not obese. But, the height is something that does make me very self conscious about going out in the day light. Yep, at my age my face is that of a senior, which is not necessarily bad. It's just part of the natural process of life. One of my grandmothers needed to shave her upper lip but never did.....terrible when she tried to kiss me on the lips and not the cheeks....yike,, dog germs! Hands are large to go along with the body, but, I have masked them by putting them inside jacket/coat pockets when out in the evening. Feet? Size 12 wide or a 13 medium depending on the style. I cannot hide my feet, but, when I do go for a stroll I wear a low heel or flat with a rubber sole and heel to minimize the noise. Clicking heels on a concrete sidewalk during the cool evenings will draw attention to the wearer.

I would have a lot more fun and would be a lot more adventurous if I was five foot six or seven. It would also make for a better selection of dresses.

Acastina
11-15-2015, 04:13 PM
My plus-5'-7',long natural hair,138lbs,size 9 shoes, size 8/10 clothes.
Minus- skinny bowed legs, stubbly wide hands, and not so girly voice, old man face.
I don't know how I get by when out and about.

You get by when out and about because a great many people are not all that attractive, whether by the luck of the genes or neglect of what they have. Just look around, listen, observe (but no staring). People like us tend to hold ourselves to extreme standards of appearance because we're trying to become (whether permanently or a half-hour at a time) something we are not naturally, trying to pass (more or less) as one who has different chromosomes and secondary sex characteristics. I suppose it's effortless and totally persuasive for a lucky few, but, as the OP queried, whatcha got and whaddya lack? From your avatar, I'd say you cut a winsome figure. Enjoy aging (like we have a choice).

Anneliese
11-15-2015, 04:19 PM
My legs and b-natural breasts are pretty nice, but I have a FINE ass. (and every other male in my family has a flat ass which barely holds up their pants) I was blessed. I wish my face was a little younger, or perhaps I just need a professional make-over to learn how to properly apply make-up.

Acastina
11-15-2015, 04:36 PM
Plusses: Smooth skin (I love sleeveless and spaghetti straps), very little body hair (long-gone to the razor), light arm hair that responds to bleaching and thinning (waft a Norelco shaver over it gingerly from time to time), slender (6-1, 173), nice (slender) legs, VERY little facial hair (plucked out of existence daily), androgynous facial features (for the most part; see minuses), narrow feet (see below, however), slender fingers (ditto), nice nails, still have most of my brunette color at 67 (and the grey is a nice tone; my wife says lots of women would love to have that color), well-trained alternate voice, not-too-broad shoulders and torso, small hormone boobs that look good in a bra but can be flattened in boy mode.

Minuses: Too tall (6-1), somewhat prominent Adam's apple, moderate male-pattern thin hair on top, broad shoulders, slim hips, the search for my butt goes on, large hooves (12A male on Brannock device), large hands (men's large gloves), my father's nose (ugh!), deep "radio" voice, legs getting veiny with age, age.

Regarding the voice, I was talking with a nice guy in a San Francisco T bar years ago, and he said he liked that I didn't have a put-on voice like so many other CDs. I dropped down to my usual baritone and said "Oh really? That's nice of you to say." He about fell off his stool, and I went right back up. I recently went to a Halloween event as Little Red Riding Hood (my wife was the wolf), and I told her I had to be careful not to shift into my other voice around our straight friends. It's all but automatic for me, so I guess that's a really big plus.

BLUE ORCHID
11-15-2015, 09:17 PM
Hi Carla:hugs:, I will be 73 in three weeks, At 6'0" #218 I feel that I am so lucky to have the BEST of both worlds. ...:daydreaming:...

irene9999
11-15-2015, 11:13 PM
My biggest plus is my frame, I have a small frame and can fit into most female dresses sized medium-large, I also have size 10 shoes so finding shoes is not too hard. I've been gone out into the vanilla world and have managed to blend in fairly well. My minuses would be my dark facial hair (harder to hide) and adam's apple

Katey888
11-16-2015, 06:41 AM
Hmmmm... Nice thoughts Carla... You had me at the thought of you blending in your French Maid look... ;) But it's Vegas, right!

Feminine plus points:
- Super manageable hair - a quick spray and brush and it comes out of the bag perfect every time...
- Long, perfectly symmetrical lashes - providing they stay stuck...
- I can touch the end of my nose with the tip of my tongue...

:eek:

That isn't what you meant, is it..?

:D

Pluses: I'm only 5' 8" but fairly slender, with a waist(!), decent legs, small hands, minimal body hair, good teeth, average feet, small facial features, not a low register voice... (Jeez - that sounds like a Craigslist ad for a white slave trader... :facepalm:)

Minuses: :daydreaming:

:tongueout:

Katey x

mechamoose
11-16-2015, 07:06 AM
I have a lot more in the 'against' column than in the 'for'. I'm 6'2", 245#, and I'm shaped like a big V. I *do* have super long eyelashes (They touch my glasses) and floofy, wavy hair. I guess my biggest feature 'for' is that I have a female personality to draw from. I have super strong mothering instincts.

That is just me, regardless of what I look like. I just happen to enjoy wearing pretty things and I don't have a masculinity chip on my shoulder to defend.

I'm quite happy with that.

<3

- MM

Krisi
11-16-2015, 07:27 AM
Relatively small size for a male and I look a bit younger than my actual age.

Mayo
11-16-2015, 11:39 AM
C-cup boobs. Nothing else. :(

Rachel PT
11-16-2015, 03:13 PM
Plus .....no doubt --legs (long, lean and nicely shaped)
Minuses .... no doubt -- everything else! [6"2" 209, aging poorly, face that's best when lights are out!, thinning, graying hair, overall hairy (did just shave legs again for third straight winter), size 12/13 women's shoes and my shape deteriorates even as I type]

Tara Rushing
11-16-2015, 03:36 PM
Plus- Eyes, smaller bone structure, smile
Negatives - fast stubble growth, 6'1", 205# athletic but not feminine (no hips), aging

edited to add age as a negative....

Jacqueline StGermain
11-16-2015, 09:06 PM
Hmmmm.... Pluses. 5-8
My own long hair
Size 10/11 shoes
Get compliments on my blue eyes
Neutral. A few pounds too much, but makes for some decent cleavage, Got some attention this weekend ;)
Minuses. Weight ,voice, working hands,

Sky
11-16-2015, 09:42 PM
Most of us have hot legs -we are typically taller than gg's and we store fat in other places (beer belly!!! :eek:)

I'm reasonably happy with my body (size 6, courtesy of waist cinchers and shapewear) and my face. It's not as feminine as I would want to but it could be worse.

Negatives? A lot! Body hair. :eek: Lots of it. :Angry3: Short, thick fingers, forcing me to either wear long fake nails (guaranteed to make a mess) or keep my hands on my lap if I don't want everybody to notice. Wrinkles under my eyes, on the corners, well, everywhere.

JillSierra
11-16-2015, 10:08 PM
the good - legs, trim tummy, ok heiney, shoes size 10
the bad - guys shoulders and arms
the ugly - voice, getting old (Wrinkles - ughh!)

Tracii G
11-16-2015, 11:45 PM
Pluses I guess would be I'm short,have small feet.
Minuses no butt sort of wide shoulders,bit of a muffin top and a stern face.
Oh and the dreaded crows feet.

Dorit
11-17-2015, 03:27 AM
On the plus side I am 6' (183 cm) and 156 lb (71 k). I have a nice figure as a result of a disciplined exercise routine. As my frame is small, I don't look too skinny, and I have small hands and feet for my size.

On the negative side I have a big nose, and aging face that does not let me appear exactly as the 40 year old tall fashion model I feel like! :brolleyes:

Jackie7
11-17-2015, 07:56 AM
Plus: good legs. White whiskers so makeup has got a lot easier, a close shave, lips and eyes, and out the door. Like most other middle-aged ladies. Size 10-1/2 or 11 shoes not so hard to find anymore. Hands not so huge. Old enough and wise enough to shut up and keep quiet when younger me would have advanced a forceful opinion.

minus: 5'8" and 175 lbs, belly and chest like a fire hydrant with a razor ass but usually can wear size 16 dresses. Basso voice. Errant old-guy hairs in nostrils and ears. And dammit I stand like a man, walk like a man, sit like a man. Practice practice practice but it slips away when my attention shifts elsewhere.

Judith96a
11-17-2015, 12:12 PM
Mmmmmm, let's see...
Pluses - good complexion (despite years of practiced indifference), barely a wrinkle to speak of (despite being the wrong side of 50), legs to die for (so I've been told - both in male mode and female mode - go figure :o )
Minuses - height (6' 0.5"), built like a rugby forward (which when I played rugby was useful - now not so much), too much tummy, baritone voice (I've quit caring about that), feet that are just 1.5 UK sizes too big

Tina_gm
11-17-2015, 01:28 PM
I know I have never shown pics, so this is just my words here.... Let's see, start with what is not.... Balding. So I shave my head to not look like the 3 stooges. Large somewhat man like nose. Larger palms than most women. Bony knees, usually men have larger bony knees.

What is-

Not overly tall. 5'9", so with modest 3 or 4 inch heels. not crazy tall. You see a lot more women my height wearing heels than you used to. Nice legs (except for the knees) small hands overall, size 8 wedding ring finger. I wear 10-101/2 in women's shoes, so not a real standout there. Kinda close in shoe size to women who are my height anyway. Eh, maybe I have them beat by a number. But not an omg look at her gigantic feet/shoes kinda thing. Fairly slim. Very very small boned. many women who wear watches probably have the strap setting as small as mine or possibly not as small. I can easily fit into size 8 pants. Attribute that to the small bone structure, but also another neg would be narrow hips. Another somewhat neg- while not large, still more muscle mass and tone than women in my arms and shoulders. When I was trying on witch dresses for Halloween I felt like an Amazon, yet in men's clothes, mediums and sometimes even small will fit me. GG's really are a lot smaller in their arms and shoulders than I used to realize.

SamanthaSometimes
11-21-2015, 04:23 PM
Great thread starter Carla!
Positives: Thick and generous hair I've let grow out to nipple length - black with some 'salt' that have received several GG compliments. Very long eyelashes (now made even thicker with some cosmetic magic) that sometimes touch my glasses surrounding hazel eyes. I really used to dislike my hazel eyes since they are neither green or brown but I've really come to appreciate them since I can pretty much change the color of my eyes from brown to green and visa versa by simply wearing different shadow and highlighting. Gaining a little extra weight, and some other things, has really helped my cleavage. Thick lips that I now greatly appreciate which was often ridiculed by other kids when I was a child/teenager. The attitude that I'm happy to be the person that I am. I can glide with good sway in 4 inch heels. GG's giving me a pedicure or massage often compliment my smooth skin.
Negatives: I wish I could keep my boobs and lose some of the extra weight. I'm 5' 10'' and 185 pounds. I used to fit into a size 12 but 14 feels more comfortable these days. My size 11 (women's) feet don't fit into many of the cutest shoes. Fat around my eye lids (an aging issue) encroaches upon ample eye shadow area. However, my most recent makeover artist said I still had plenty of 'real estate' (and she did a marvelous job of making me look and feel good). Somewhat large facial pores requiring special care in giving any semblance of a porcelain complexion. No support or acceptance at home can sometimes get me 'out of the mood'.

Sophie Yang
11-26-2015, 09:01 AM
IS
- Very little facial and body hair - in a pinch can go with a little lotion, maybe some powder, and a touch of lip stick
- Slightly crooked smile with big dimples
- 5' 7", 155-160 lbs, size 7-1/2 - 8-1/2 shoe allows me to shop anywhere.
- Great legs ; 3 or 4 hours a week on the elliptical averaging 10 miles/hour.
- Flat stomach; 3 or 4 hours of abs per week
IS NOT
- Bald on top loosing more every day
- Big blood vessels running through my hands;
- Small butt and hips -- hard to get the padding just right to achieve the desired curves.

steftoday
11-26-2015, 09:16 AM
on the plus side-
5'7"
size 10 women's shoe
full head of thick hair that looks to be sticking around for a long time
nice legs
size 10-12 skirt
good complexion - I moisturize, stay out of the sun, don't smoke, etc. so my face doesn't look my age
i don't have a large brow ridge
I have a slightly upturned "button" nose
cute ass (I've been told)

on the negative side-
wider shoulders, so I have to wear a large or xl top
man hands - I wish my thumbs in particular were smaller
weight doesn't come off as easily as it used to
deep male voice
no hips

I work with what I have, and I try to look as good as I can. I don't do "trashy" looks. I try for sophisticated or timeless classic.