PDA

View Full Version : Treated differently

Lyla
11-14-2015, 10:53 PM
Any girls here that look good enough to notice that they are treated differently then when in drab? I'm referring to people going out of their way to be nice to you or even hit on you, when this happens do you feel different?

lingerieLiz
11-15-2015, 12:05 AM
I think you are asking if you pass as a girl do people treat you differently than when you appear as a guy.
Yes when I passed with ease people treated me as girl and as I was perceived. Dressed in male attire I was treated as a guy. Except, being slight and sometimes having fem movements some people figured I was gay. That goes on today if you act fem as a guy people will think you are gay and act different toward you.

Sophie Yang
11-15-2015, 09:15 AM
Lyla,

Every Sunday, my 83 year old mother and I go out for lunch. Lets just say that she is not swift on her feet. It is more that she is my wing gal that both men and women patiently wait holding doors for us. While in San Francisco and Rochester and by my self, I would get the occasional cat calls, offers to buy me drinks and/or dinner, and a couple requests for my phone number. None of that has ever happened in guy mode.

In guy mode, I get the occasional yes mam.

pamela7
11-15-2015, 09:41 AM
for years out walking my dog there's been one particular very timid lady who would not make eye contact, never spoke, and her dog also would not say hello. Today, out walking my mum's dog (in drag) I met first her dog, who trots a long way ahead. The dog said hello to mine - very rare - and i decided to move about 15-20 yards off the path line in the field to let the lady pass, and she initialted contact, calling out "hello" directly to me, face to face. Now she's not even said hello to my wife before when out walking. That is a result!

Teresa
11-15-2015, 10:07 AM
Lyla,
The question is are you treated differently because you act differently ?
I'm thinking in terms of being out shopping, we all know the first time when we want to run when a SA approaches you !
It does get easier the more you do it, as your confidence grows people pick up on it, the more you smile and interact the more you get in return.
I openly talk about what I'd like a certain pair of shoes to go with ,the biggest ice breaker is getting a SA to open up on sizing, every single woman will tell you a story about the sizing nightmare women go through ! I often make the joke about if they can't get it right what chance has a CDing guy got .
The funniest hit on story recently was during a conversation with the seamstress who does some alterations for me. I was talking about being able to dress and go out for the evening , as she related to not doing it recently she inadvertently asked me out on a date ! I asked her to repeat what she'd said, she then turned much redder realising she'd asked a CDer to accompany her out for the evening !!

ChristinaK
11-15-2015, 10:25 AM
Great story Teresa! I'm sure that made your day.

Definitely, there is the secret woman to woman smile I get when passing at the supermarket.
I've had women converse with me in line or packing up my groceries or even in the bathroom, which never happens in guy mode.

I've had numerous men open the door or say something in passing. Several times I've had male employees ask me how I'm doing or if I need anything. Never as a dude.

Once had a convenience store clerk come over and ask me lots of questions, followed me out to my car, the whole time flirting. Super creepy, but had to be polite and remember that I was a woman and as so would be the object of some extremely myopic man's desire.

Such behavior confirms that sometimes I pass well enough that I can just be another woman, which makes me feel wonderful.

kittie60
11-15-2015, 12:24 PM
Yes Lyla I have. I bought a bunch of flowers,shrubs and things along with several bags of mulch. Had it all on two of them carts at Lowes. This young man I'd say early twenties came up to me and said " excuse me ma'am, I'll help you with that " . And he did, loaded the car up for me and held my door open to. Simply amazing. I was going to give him a tip but he declined saying " it was my pleasure ma'am " I thanked him very much and went home. Unfortunately I had to unload everything myself. But that was incredible.very polite young man

carhill2mn
11-15-2015, 02:12 PM
Yes, I am often treated better. When presenting as a woman,many more store personnel ask me if I need any assistance.

Tracii G
11-15-2015, 07:15 PM
I do find that to be the case most of the time.

Krisi
11-16-2015, 08:11 AM
I've had men hold a door for me and step off a narrow sidewalk for me but I live in part of the country where politeness is the norm.

Beverley Sims
11-16-2015, 12:19 PM
Lyla,
You don't have to be that good either, and yes, I do feel the difference.

Ceera
11-16-2015, 05:11 PM
Oh, quite definitely! In male mode, I hardly ever get complemented by strangers regarding my appearance or clothing. As Ceera, complements about how pretty I am or how great my clothes, shoes, nails, etc look are common. As a male, it's been a long time since anyone flirted with me or made a pass at me. As Ceera, I often get admiring glances, flirtation from both genders, and people offering to buy me drinks and wanting to chat me up or dance with me. As a male, I can't recall the last time someone I didn't know well touched me in an even vaguely intimate way in public, while dancing or while sitting an chatting or standing near each other. As Ceera, it's common for others to touch me or want me to touch them. Personally, I love the attention. And if someone goes too far, I simply tell them that they have, and ask them to cool it, and it's all good.

biannne
11-16-2015, 05:57 PM
I know I am treated differently when I am dressed up as Anna by both men and women. It feel good inside to know that someone find you attractive and sexy.

Anna

susan54
11-16-2015, 06:28 PM
I think there is more to this than passing. Though I try to look as womanly as possible when I go out, the people I interact with are the usual suspects, who know I am male. Boutique owners tend to be much more comfortable interacting with me when I am Susan and smile much more. They also flirt with ,me ,ore when I am dressed as a woman! I get LOTS more compliments about how I am dressed when I wear a skirt or dress, but then I am probably better dressed as a woman than a man.I have had women (I repeat - they know I am male) say they are jealous of my height, my figure, my legs, and my wardrobe.

StevieTV
11-17-2015, 04:22 PM
I've been frequenting the same thrift shop regularly for over year now. I dress to blend and sometimes no make up, etc. The clerks see me as a regular and I usually purchase at least one item of female clothing each trip and sometime use the fitting rooms. They have never asked me if it's for me and we most always talk about my purchase at the cash, so I'm pretty sure they know. I take that as a compliment.

Stephanie Julianna
11-17-2015, 07:46 PM
Without a doubt. I'm invisible in male mode with little interaction with retail SA's while shopping in any kind of store. In girl mode SA's are always helpful and commenting on my shoes or outfits. When grocery shopping I have often had cashiers chat me up and have had carriage guys in the parking lot help me empty my groceries into the car. That never happens in guy mode. I know some might be thinking that all this attention is to get closer to see if I'm a girl or a guy but I know that kind of attention from some of my earlier efforts out in public years ago. The current interaction I have is very genuine and I have never seen anyone trying to steal a second glance. We all just go back to what we were doing. And I love that.

Acastina
11-17-2015, 08:05 PM
Absolutely. Happened just the other day. I ventured out to Payless Shoes to replace some aging flats that are starting to look a bit tatty. Jeans and a sweater over a sleeveless top, said tatty flats; nothing glam at all. As I headed toward the door, a big thirty-something guy came from the other direction. We were going to arrive at the door at the same time. He picked up his pace a bit and got there first, held the door open, and smiled. I said, "Thank you", made eye contact, and walked in. He never blinked, nor did the two young guys behind the counter, That wouldn't have happened in guy mode.

SAs are paid to be nice to everyone, but other customers aren't.