PDA

View Full Version : Driver Liscense / Photo ID

Lauri K
11-15-2015, 04:14 PM
I had a question about driver license photos, how many of you wear your hair, makeup and nice blouse for the renewal of your driver license photo.

Part II, If you did wear your make up, hair and nice blouse for the renewal how did it go.

My DL is up for renewal 1st Qtr of 2016 and I am trying to find out from others what they done and if they had any issues with how they presented and more specifically if you are a TX resident any issues to be aware of.

I am sure this has surfaced before, if so direct me to thread so I can read up.

Not sure if this thread belongs somewhere else or not, if so mods please move it accordingly.

Would love to hear from others your experiences with ID's / Photos

Jaylyn
11-15-2015, 04:29 PM
I would believe that the gender you are at the time of your photo might be the one you need to represent at DL renewal time. I say this because it might save you a hassle later on if you have to present your license to an officer or even at a store to purchase an item. Maybe the way you present yourself the majority of the time. You might just call the DL Bureau and ask this question. I myself would like to know just for the sake of knowing.

AllieSF
11-15-2015, 05:58 PM
Every State is different and your state DMV probably has some guidelines about photo requirements. Call them or go to their website. In California it does not really matter and you can have a male photo on your Drivers License and a female photo on your spate State issued ID card. The only problem would be that the State here only saves the latest picture so when they send out your new License it may have the female photo is that was the last picture on their file for you.

Kate Simmons
11-15-2015, 06:49 PM
I personally don't understand why some find the need to do that. Unless, of course. you transition and become a female more or less.

lingerieLiz
11-15-2015, 11:22 PM
I posted a short time ago about my new license picture. For about 15 or 20 years all my photos are of me wearing a blouse. It didn't really mater since about all that shows is the collar up. This last time I wore a black blouse the DL was fine but I also had to renew a professional ID that included the upper torso. The flash caught the reflection of the bra material and does show slightly. I've never, including this time, had any problems with the clerks. As for makeup and hair, I wouldn't go overboard. The problem is how you dress normally. If you live fem full time then I would go for that. On the other end if you are in drab mostly I would go with the drab look. If you work somewhere and have to show your license then go with how you present.

It isn't the police that you have to worry about. People change looks on a regular basis, women especially, police are used to bad license pictures and hair not matching. If you are going to wear makeup make it subtle so that you look your best. A face looking like a football fan with blue on one half and red on the other is not a good idea.

Krisi
11-16-2015, 07:53 AM
If you normally present as a male and have "male" on your driver's license, it makes the most sense to present as a male for your photo. Wearing a disguise for your identification card is not a good idea.

CarlaWestin
11-16-2015, 08:04 AM
For many years, I always wore large forms and a bra for my DL photo. Although it's just a facial shot, I know what I had on every time I had to present the card for ID. I'm not sure what the laws are in TX but, I wouldn't try it wearing a burka.

bridget thronton
11-16-2015, 11:42 AM
I tried to do passport photo that would match my likely presentation - fem glasses and pony tail. I now wear my hair in a short bob all the time - sure enough I got comments that I looked differently (so I smiled and pulled my hair back)

Lauri K
11-16-2015, 12:26 PM
Thanks for the informative responses, I will probably wear light makeup with my natural hair styled feminine and since it is winter I may can pull off a turtleneck sweater.

But I saw this intersting story today about a Pastafarian lady in MA that has gotten approval to wear a coleander strainer on her head for her DL photo, she belongs to Flying Spaghetti Monsters Church

Maybe we claim our wigs are part of our CD religion and we can get approval too .....LOL

See link for a laugh

http://abc13.com/religion/woman-wears-colander-for-drivers-license-photo/1086189/

Rhonda Jean
11-16-2015, 03:53 PM
I posted about this a long time ago, but to summarize... I did it. Flat iron and curled under my collar bone length hair, neutral makeup, large hoop earrings, black knit scooped neck top. No problem when I got it done, but when I decided that was a bad idea it was a big problem to get them to re-take the photo. I won't do it again.

CynthiaD
11-16-2015, 11:07 PM
My DL photo is male, and I've presented it many times in female mode with no problems.

lingerieLiz
11-16-2015, 11:45 PM
By the way. In most states religious head gear is legal, but in all states you can not cover your face. Their was a complaint in one state because a clerk wouldn't let a Sikh wear his turban. When he complained the state restated that religious head gear could be worn but not cover the face.