PDA

View Full Version : a wedding ring

pamela7
11-16-2015, 05:50 PM
From a CD perspective, I'm wondering:

1. if you wear a wedding ring all the time
2. if you wear one while out crossdressed but not while in male mode
3. you take off your wedding ring while out crossdressed

4. for MtF - do you wear a ring on the wedding-ring finger (if appropriate or if anyway)?

I wonder if it's a useful preventative defense mechanism in terms of avoiding advances, or whether that is actually no deterrent at all outside of polite company. I'm curious because I'm thinking of getting one for myself for when out dressed.

thanks

Pamela

Keely
11-16-2015, 05:54 PM
Always where my wedding ring. It hasn't been off but one time for surgery in 38 years.

Judith96a
11-16-2015, 05:55 PM
I wear my wedding ring 99% of the time, whether in male mode or female mode. It only comes off when operating machinery in which it might get caught. When in female mode it gets an "engagement ring" for company! The "engagement ring" is, unfortunately, "best imitation paste"!

biannne
11-16-2015, 06:00 PM
My wedding ring never comes off.

Tracii G
11-16-2015, 06:08 PM
I wear an engagement ring and a band in girl mode.
It has helped not getting hit on by guys.

Katey888
11-16-2015, 06:33 PM
1. I don't wear a wedding ring all the time in normal life - probably 50% of the time
2. I always wear a faux wedding ring (and sometimes engagement bling) while out as my femme aspect
3. I think Q2 answers this one... :)

4. You say MtF (aren't most of us...? :battingeyelashes: ) but I suspect in that curious and almost spooky way I have of interpreting others miscommunicated meanings, you mean MtF TS...? :thinking: But if not, where would you wear a wedding ring other than the wedding ring finger...? :confused: (And I don't mean rings that go through holes in the body... :eek:)

Katey x

Jacqueline StGermain
11-16-2015, 06:35 PM
I'm not married, but in a 25 year monogomous relationship, we don't have rings.
I wear a faux engagement and wedding ring , just to fend off advances. Works most of the time

2B Natasha
11-16-2015, 06:36 PM
Sometimes I wear my ring and sometimes not. At work and when out I try for the majority. Same goes for girlie mode. But. Don't wear it all the time. At home. It's almost the first thing I take off once I walk through the door. Don't get me wrong. I like my ring. Heck I designed it myself and had it costume made. It is VERY masculine. Still I'm just not much of a ring person.

As a defense mechanism. No not really. I don't need one of those.

pamela7
11-16-2015, 06:51 PM
@Katey, what an intuitive girl you are re m2f ts. :-)
I was indeed also thinking of an engagement ring (probably paste or cubic z)

Katey888
11-16-2015, 06:57 PM
@Katey, what an intuitive girl you are re m2f ts. :-)

I tell fortunes too if you have a PayPal account... :D

Silver engagement rings with CZ and matching wedding rings can be had on Amazon for about a tenner a piece - gold will be about 10x that (my wife has a fetish for gold CZ engagement rings... :facepalm:)

They do complete the ensemble but I doubt they will deter the impassioned and persistent admirer... perhaps you could find a kryptonite one...? ;)

Katey x

Stevann
11-16-2015, 07:01 PM
When dressed in drab, I wear my male wedding ring. When enfemme, I wear an inexpensive engagement/wedding set. Some years ago enfemme I tried to put someone off by saying I was married, and he looked at my hand and said "where's your ring". It became important to get the rings to support my claim.

Kandi Robbins
11-16-2015, 07:13 PM
Wear my wedding ring 100% of the time in male mode. I have a faux wedding ring that I wear when dressed. I always wear a wedding ring.

jenniferinsf
11-16-2015, 07:38 PM
For about 7 years I did not wear one as i lost it. Then my wife complained and she gave me a super simple gold ring...when she learned about my gender dispirited and dressing she gave me the engagement part. ..never take either of them off

RADER
11-16-2015, 07:45 PM
I still wear my wedding ring; Even though she died about 2 1/2 years ago.
Just can't seem to have the will to take it off.
Rader

franlee
11-16-2015, 07:57 PM
I'll answer these as of right now because before my physical decline it was a little different.
1-no but a few years ago yes
2-yes and in male mode not all the time due to occupational hazards
3-no
4-yes on the wedding-ring finger, a wedding set as a matter of fact

Not to ward off anything I just like and enjoy the rings and they are mine.

cdbrandi
11-16-2015, 09:15 PM

4. for MtF - do you wear a ring on the wedding-ring finger (if appropriate or if anyway)?

1. Other than taking it off to clean it my ring stays on my finger all the time.
2. See #1, I recently picked up a cheap engagement style ring for when out dressed just for the look.
3. See #1
4. they go on my left hand ring finger.

S. Lisa Smith
11-16-2015, 10:01 PM
I have never worn a wedding ring in male mode. We had a single ring ceremony. When dressed as Lisa I have both a wedding ring and engagement ring which I wear.

Victoria Demeanor
11-16-2015, 10:15 PM
As far as my wedding ring in drab, yes I wear it all the time. Back when I worked out at sea with wire rope, rigging equipment and such things that could catch it and do damage, I would remove it, but as soon as we hit port it would go back on.
When I first went out en fem I did take it off as it's a big mans ring and I didn't think it fit the look, but I felt weird and didn't like the idea so like many here I bought a pretty engagement/wedding set. It's really pretty and I'll often swap them out when I get home at night.
As far as wearing it to warn off advances.....LOL have you seen me.... no one that's desperate.

bridget thronton
11-17-2015, 02:19 AM
I do not wear my rings when working in the yard. I do wear the wedding ring and diamond engagement ring my wife bought me all other times.

Samantha_Smile
11-17-2015, 03:02 AM
I'm actually shopping for a nice matching set (wedding and engagement) for while I am dressed because my male ring doesn't really suit Samantha :D

marshalynn
11-17-2015, 04:09 AM
I wear a wedding ring and engagement ring 24/7, never had any one ask about it. Marshalynn

Nikkilovesdresses
11-17-2015, 06:47 AM
I'm thinking of getting one for myself for when out dressed.

Good heavens, can't you get Welshgirl to buy you one?? What are wives for?

Sarah Beth
11-17-2015, 07:57 AM
I wore my wedding ring the first couple of weeks after we got married then developed a rash on my ring finger. I had never been able to wear a wristwatch without one of those leather bands to go under it because it would make a rash on my arm so for years before I got a cell phone I carried a pocket watch. I would on occasions wear my wedding ring for short periods of time. My wife has been understanding about this, now married for 41 years.

I don't go out dressed and if I did I wouldn't have to worry about being hit on or anything anyway and honestly until I read this post I had never even though about that.

Krisi
11-17-2015, 07:57 AM
I used to work with power tools and electricity so I didn't wear any jewelry. Once that stopped, my wife bought me a wedding ring and I wear it nearly all the time. I add a cheap engagement ring when I go out as Krisi. I don't bother around the house.

Kate Simmons
11-17-2015, 10:32 AM
I have a matching wedding ring set. I wear the engagement ring on my left hand and the wedding band on my right hand. Folks can come to whatever conclusion they want. :)

marsha leanne
11-17-2015, 10:56 AM
i worked high voltage and telco wiring. I did not wear a ring while working. once i retired, the wife bought me a nice simple single stone wedding ring i was glad to wear. It got caught in a sliding minivan door, thanks to one of the grand kids, and was cracked. (probably saved my finger from amputation) so at present, i don't have a ring. Marsha does have some nice faux jewelry when she come out in full strenth!

Beverley Sims
11-17-2015, 11:16 AM
My wedding ring stays on and a CZ enggement ring goes over the top when in girl mode.

Sometimes they are both on an guy mode also.

Barbara B
11-17-2015, 01:23 PM
I wear my male wedding ring all the time and add in a CZ engagement ring when dressed.

Cheryl T
11-17-2015, 02:00 PM
Yes, I wear my wedding ring and while out dressed I have a wedding band set that I wear instead of the typical male band.
I'm proud to be married and want others to know that I am.

AngelaYVR
11-17-2015, 02:32 PM
I wonder how some of you girls know that your wedding rings are "working" and are stopping you from getting hit on?

I wear a band and cheapo engagement ring on the left and another ring on my right ring finger because they seem to soften the effect of man hands.

pamela7
11-17-2015, 03:26 PM
if they work for us, that's enough.

Acastina
11-17-2015, 04:41 PM
My wedding ring is slim and has a row of diamonds, so it's pretty unisex. My wife insisted that I have some sparkle too when we married in our mid-late 50s 12 years ago. We met through CD (she holding onto an increasingly loveless marriage to a selfish late-blooming CD who was using it as cover for finally admitting that he was gay; he would have boyfriends over while she was working and call her to tell her how much fun he had, among other amazingly selfish things), via a Yahoo affinity group that liked to get together for nights out. She fell in love with the girl first, then got the boy as a bonus, as she puts it. So when we tied the knot two years after she left him and moved 200 miles to live with me, she insisted that a plain band was not girly enough for me.

I do take it off for certain purposes. To clean it, obviously, but also when I play golf (because it pinches and builds a callus), or work (I have a part-time manual-labor job), or any other time where I might fear losing or damaging it. It goes on the usual finger, although I move it to the right hand when I play guitar. It's also off during makeup sessions and similar things like applying hair mousse, to keep it clean.

I have a number of other rings, including a large cornflower (Kashmir) sapphire (my birthstone) set in a circle of small diamonds that was my grandmother's and fits my left pinky perfectly. I usually wear the wedding ring, the sapphire next to it, and an 18k gold ring with a small ruby on my right ring finger. I have a very cheap (as in Cracker Jacks prize) "engagement" solitaire that I've tried covering the wedding ring, but the contrast between faux and real just doesn't work for me. I have some smaller rings that I used to wear on my right pinky, but I've developed ganglion cysts on that finger and they don't fit any more. I have a nice lost-wax gold band from my first marriage that I wear there now.

reb.femme
11-17-2015, 04:52 PM
I wear my wedding ring in all modes, but I do add an engagement ring when dressed femme. For me, it just seems to fit, if you're married, you'd have an engagement ring too?

Becky

Stephanie Julianna
11-17-2015, 07:28 PM
I always wear my wedding ring. It's an Irish Cladagh ring and works well whether in Glam or drab. I only take it off to clean it.

Jillian Faith
11-17-2015, 07:46 PM
My wedding ring never comes off (a promise I made to my wife) unless I'm dressed enfemme. When enfemme I have a costume feminine band and engagement ring that I wear in place of my wedding ring.

Michelle (Oz)
11-17-2015, 10:08 PM
I always wear a wedding band and engagement ring on my left ring finger, and transfer my male wedding ring which has some diamonds so not suited as a wedding band on my right ring finger.

Not so much to scare men off but as an expression of being happily married. They also add to my femme appearance.

Charona
11-17-2015, 10:26 PM
I spent too many years in electronic maintenance in the Air Force. I wear no jewelry at all, except a wrist watch. If I didn't care about the time, I wouldn't wear that.

Robin414
11-17-2015, 11:15 PM
I wear mine 100% of the time but a Wal Mart cheapie girly one when en femme though (love your nails hon but that chunk of steel pipe on your finger is sooo...dude 😳 )

kelseygal
11-18-2015, 12:00 AM
I have only been outside the house once while dressed... today! Anyways, I took it off for pretty much the first time ever because it felt awkward in girl mode, i.e. big chunk of steel. I'd like to do something like what Robin did ^
Nothing fancy. Although if my wife leaves me after I talk with her next week, it might be a moot point... :rollseyes:

stacycoral
11-18-2015, 12:06 AM
I wear mind on weekends, it is a major safety problem, for my trade so, my SO know i love her, and it been that from day one, i do have a matching CZ set while in female mode. So if i am off on vacation or holiday or weekends my real one is on and proud of it. hugs.

Nadine Spirit
11-18-2015, 12:30 AM
Well pretty much all of the time. My wife and I both take off all of our rings at home.

No.

No.

Are you asking about if people who are single do this?

Hmm.... interesting. Oh yeah, and it has nothing to do with shooing away all of the male admirers I have flocking to me. It is because I am proud that I am married.

I actually have two wedding rings. One is my male ring which I received some time ago, and I love it. It is nice and smooth and practically indestructible. But a few years back my wife gave my the best gift ever! A diamond and sapphire female wedding ring. So I normally just wear the diamond ring all of the time now. I mean come on, we are talking about diamonds here!

pamela7
11-18-2015, 04:43 AM
this might get interesting. my body rejected rings, watches, anything metal (of a male form) touching my skin. I am wondering if, as if by magic, the ladies' rings and jewels will not be rejected ... fun times ahead!

Claire Cook
11-18-2015, 05:51 AM
A number years ago my wife received a pretty ring with blue stones as a Christmas gift from a cousin. She didn't really like it and asked if I wanted it. (:battingeyelashes:) So now I wear it as a wedding ring all of the time. In drab I've had comments about how pretty it is. When dressed, I've been addressed as Mrs. Cook. Once when I was flying pretty a guy asked me if my husband was flying with me. (I did say no...) It was the last empty seat in the section so he took it.

Sophie Yang
11-18-2015, 08:58 AM
I wear my wedding ring in both modes all the time except when my wife cleans it or when I went in for surgery. My wedding ring is a woman's ring. It has six small diamonds in the center with three rubies on each side. My wife's ring has a big ruby in the center surrounded by diamonds.

I have found flashing my ring when getting hit an effective deterrent.

Meghan4now
11-19-2015, 03:53 PM
Fist of all, yes, I wear my wedding ring all the time (unless working with spinning machinery or very high voltage), Male or female. My wife and I got matching rings, so mine is fine either mode.

I would like to get a CZ engagement ring to add. I tried my wifes, and it fits but tight. I would never dare wear it outside. Of course it doesn't fit her anymore, so that diamond now sits in a cup by the kitchen sink. She wears no ring at all anymore.

When I was younger, my single friend would get me out to the strip club occasionally. Girls would spend time with me and not him. I told him the ring was a magnet because married guy are either safe or descrete. I'm pretty sure it was actually that I liked talking with them......hmm Girl empathy?

Now if I take my ring off, you can see the mark clear as day. This would be an advertisement of being on the make ESPECIALLY for women. So that's a BAD idea.

Sometimes Steffi
11-19-2015, 07:32 PM
1. if you wear a wedding ring all the time - Yes
2. if you wear one while out crossdressed but not while in male mode No
3. you take off your wedding ring while out crossdressed No

4. for MtF - do you wear a ring on the wedding-ring finger (if appropriate or if anyway)? Yes

Also, when out as a girl, I wear a faux (CZ) engagement ring,

I wonder if it's a useful preventative defense mechanism in terms of avoiding advances, or whether that is actually no deterrent at all outside of polite company. I'm curious because I'm thinking of getting one for myself for when out dressed.

thanks

Pamela[/QUOTE]

BLUE ORCHID
11-19-2015, 09:47 PM
Hi Pam:hugs:, Come February second this ring will have been on my third finger of my left hand for 52years,
and has never been off !!

I have another ring that I put next to it when I'm dressed.~~...:daydreaming:...

suchacutie
11-19-2015, 11:20 PM
No matter how I'm presenting, I'm still married, so the ring stays on. I do take it off if I'm working with machinery, and I switch hands when I perform (violin). It makes sense to me that anyone who sees Tina should know that she is married, as complicated as that may be! :) I've not added an engagement ring, only because the issue has never come up.

Edie Palmer
11-20-2015, 01:06 AM
I've never been married but I had to start wearing a wedding ring because when I went to our local group meetings "admirers" were hitting on me like crazy and it stopped once I started wearing the ring. Besides, I always liked the look of the wedding and engagement rings combined, I think it's pretty, and in my little fantasy world I'm married with three kids. Plus, I always felt the only reason I wasn't married in real life was because I am transgender so I thought I might as well do something nice for myself since I couldn't do it for someone else and got the rings.

Amymonroe
11-20-2015, 11:07 PM
My last wedding ring had to get cut off so now i do not wear one. my SO has it somewhere

Amy

binair10
11-26-2015, 07:55 AM
I do not wear my wedding ring at all now as it is one of those wide ones, and I hate it. As I have small hands anyway, I was thinking about getting an eternity ring, engagement ring and a wedding ring all in silver.
The other day I was out lurking in Marks and Spencers and passed a cabinet with various rings on display. Having a good look around the cabinet, I noticed that they had just what I was looking for. I will also have a look in BHS as well just to see what they have to offer. But for around £36 for the three rings cannot be bad.
Just have to wait for my `winter fuel allowance`to come through sometime this week and I shall be out spending.

Julie.

AnnaMarie
11-26-2015, 09:20 AM
I promised my wife I would never take my ring off and I haven't and won't do. When I dress it stays on don't see any need to take it off. I'm not on the market, just a dude in a dress trying to blend in