PDA

View Full Version : Feeling Girly and Femme

MissDanielle
11-17-2015, 11:57 AM
This one is more for those that are single, living on their own, and without children. Outside of your wardrobe, have you decorated your place with posters and such to make it feel girly and feminine?

LydiaL
11-17-2015, 12:27 PM
No posters. But I do have a collection of Barbie dolls. :doll:

Tracii G
11-17-2015, 01:18 PM
Not really.
Its pretty much the same as it was when my ex lived here.
You will find sale adds and flyers from womens clothing shops or a random nail polish bottle here and there.
My kitchen is on the girly side and my heating and air repair guy noticed a bag on the kitchen table with make up,nail polish,hair ribbons etc.
He said I guess your wife or girlfriend has been shopping LOL.
He asked to use the bathroom one time and its always spic and span and girly hair products,make up remover on the counter. Oh and a pink tooth brush.
I figure he thinks I live with a woman.

reb.femme
11-17-2015, 05:41 PM
...I figure he thinks I live with a woman.

I suppose you do really! :heehee:

I have a separate room where I sleep when my wife works weird shifts. That has a very girly look and smell. I give the pillows a little hint of perfume, the little baskets on the dressing table hold various sprays, nail polishes, nail maintenance set and false nails.

The walls are painted in a light jade and there are a few Parisian arty scenes on the walls, plus my dressing gown and nightie hanging on the back of the door.

I love it, as it is my little Palace. :battingeyelashes:

Becky

Laurana
11-17-2015, 07:10 PM
I live with my daughter. Neither one of us are really into decorating. We have some family photos up and some Disney stuff here and there. But I don't really feel like I have to have a "girly" house to be who I am.

Allison_CD
11-17-2015, 07:20 PM
My bachelor flat even when in girly mode is still a cess pit of squalor.

kittie60
11-17-2015, 08:21 PM
No. However I do buy flowers every couple of weeks.

Ally 2112
11-17-2015, 08:38 PM
As much as i would like my place to be girly i just keep it kinda plain and clean .My girly stuff is in the closet

Allisa
11-17-2015, 09:15 PM
To old for posters and such, but my house is clean(dusted, vacuumed, clean windows, etc...) I've gotten comments on how clean it is for a mans home. Some what a mess at times. Don't look under the bathroom sink or in the towel closet, you'd swear a woman lives here, with all the "products" on the shelves, lets not talk about the closets or the drawers. I try to keep things color coordinated as much as possible in pastel shades and some kind of fragrance in the air, also fresh flowers in the spring and summer. I do need some new curtains come spring maybe with a more delicate valance. Maybe a more femme make over next year? Oh yeah I do have a lot of colored glass items(small jars, vials, paper weights, etc..)on my window sills and on shelves. I've gotten the "you would make someone a good wife" comment more times than I can count.

donnalee
11-18-2015, 09:20 AM
No posters; art, mostly abstract, along with some line drawings and some old maps. Only sort of girly thing is a large Georgia O'Keefe photo.

Beverley Sims
11-18-2015, 10:28 AM
When I was single my room got decorated by my housemates.

They were all girls and I sub let the house to three of them.

They also made sure my wardrobe and drawers had a feminine appearance.

It was hard sometimes finding clothes to wear out as a guy.

Karren H
11-18-2015, 11:36 AM
I figure he thinks I live with a woman.

And you do!!

Ally 2112
11-18-2015, 06:04 PM
Have to agree with Karen

Ceera
11-18-2015, 11:05 PM
I have a life sized stuffed Bernese Mountain Dog plush toy on my bed, and I usually have a half a dozen or more other plush toys decorating my bedroom.

Robin414
11-18-2015, 11:33 PM
I had a "The Fonz" poster in my bedroom as a kid!

JoannaCD
11-19-2015, 12:15 AM
This thread struck a chord with me. My wife was the decorator and I've changed almost nothing other than appliances and TV's since she died. The decor is very feminine. I did replace the bed spread in my profile pic with a rose comforter. We chose that wall color together and I still have the pink sheets she bought. My crossdressing, while always present to a small degree really evolved after her death. Memories....

sometimes_miss
11-19-2015, 08:03 AM
My bachelor flat even when in girly mode is still a cess pit of squalor.
^this. I don't vacuum nearly as much as I should, and don't dust until I see spider/cob webs in the corners of the ceilings. Decorations? Early train station. The picture I have in frames are of locomotives, cars, and one very old poster of Linda Ronstadt. Nope, nothing girly about my home.

StevieTV
11-21-2015, 03:04 PM
I'm single and live alone. THE best compliment I have ever received was from a GG friend that told me my place looked like a woman lived there. I just laughed and told her I like to be surrounded by nice things. I made no mention of the Vogue and In Style magazines in the bathroom.

mikayla1964
11-21-2015, 03:32 PM
hmmm I have been told that my house is a little on the fem side with mauve curtains and things..