PDA

View Full Version : Your Female Name part 2

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Shelly Preston
11-17-2015, 01:15 PM
Hi

This thread is for letting everyone know the origins of your female name.

After looking at names and a few options. I finally decided Shelly was the right name for me.

AmyX
11-18-2015, 05:17 PM
I chose a female name for the forum, but it doesn't feel 'me' yet. Maybe give it some time, but I still feel myself when I dress - same person - so it feels a bit odd to have a different name.

I do like the name Amy - it suits both the girl next door (Amy Adams) and bad girl (Amy Winehouse) who I both love...

And the X bit: my surname is a little bit unusual so it's a disguise. And AmyX is an anagram of 'am XY' so technically I'm telling the truth ;)

margararet
11-19-2015, 12:37 AM
I selected my name due some unexpected events. I have dressed fem for most of my life. Until my mother caught me dressed during a vacation to college the only other person who knew was my sister. My mothers first reaction was shock and how could you do this. Fortunately for me my sister came to visit mom at a very good moment. She calmed mom down and the three of us chatted about my dressing. After my sis left my mom and i talked for a long time. During that conversation
she told me that when she was PG with me she was sure I would be a female. At my birth the only names my parents were considering were girls names. She told me that if I had been a girl my name would have been Margaret Anne. After a time mom accepted my dressing - or at least she said she did. I never had a second thought about what my name would be Margaret Anne of course.

Amysatin
11-19-2015, 07:44 AM
Great choice Amy, I also choose Amy it is a lovely female name, very cute but can also be a very hot girls name. I'm very new to dressing but looking forward to being her whenever i can!

Debi
11-19-2015, 09:07 PM
Quite simply - if I had been born a girl, I would have been called Deborah.
Debi seems less formal

Heidi Stevens
11-19-2015, 09:34 PM
Heidi is a play on my legal last name. Plus I've always loved the name. Stevens is a sir name based on my legal first name, Steven. And the Chicago columnist of the same name had nothing to do with it.

Sometimes Steffi
11-19-2015, 09:40 PM
It is one of the many feminine forms of my real first name. I love my name.

MissDanielle
11-19-2015, 10:54 PM
It's the feminine version of my name. Had I been born a girl, I would have been named Danielle.

alwayshave
11-20-2015, 05:44 AM
My name below is the feminine version of my name.

Sarah Doepner
11-21-2015, 10:23 AM
It was on a road trip, one of those I used to take so I could dress for a couple of days under the pretense of camping or business. I had recently discovered a web page that discussed how to develop a feminine voice so I was spending my time talking to myself as I attempted to work out something convincing. In one experiment I started speaking with my version of a British accent (my apologies to anyone with the real thing). Somewhere between Ely and Pioche Nevada on U.S. 93, the name Sarah seemed to flow right out of "jolly old across the pond" and it stuck. Charles is my given middle name and seemed to settle in quite well as a last name. A few years later I remembered a conversation with my mother where she told me that she had picked out Marie as a name for the girl they thought was coming instead of their second boy child. So I took that as my middle name because I knew my wife would get mad at me some day and would need the extra name as she called me to task. "Sarah MARIE Charles! What did I tell you to do before I left?"

I've often thought I would have liked a name that could be the source of shorter "pet" names and leaned toward Katherine. As it is I'm stuck with nicknames like "Hey You!" and occasionally "Sir". Ahh well, as long as we're all happy.

Chandlyr Ellis
11-21-2015, 06:11 PM
Many years ago, the accounting dept. (large national co.) had a number of checks to send for reimbursements to some staff members. There were 4 checks issued in our department, 3 of which came made out with the correct names. But I did not get one. There was, however, a check made out to Chandlyr Ellis, which "Human Resources" said there was no such person working for the company. Hummmmm....

DING DING DING... Someone in accounting had attempted to decipher my real name signature (even though my name was clearly printed at the top of my reimbursement request). Thank you!

My signature has been a dead-on Chandlyr Ellis for over 30 years now.

KateSpade83
11-24-2015, 09:53 AM
Lucky me... My real name is Jesse and it goes both ways as a guy and girl... Hence when I dress as a woman and go shopping and use my credit card, the cashier doesn't give me a funny look as if my name was Joe or Michael...

But for here, I chose Katespade83 because at the moment it was a nice purse that I had...

Judith96a
11-24-2015, 04:37 PM
'Judith' is what my parents had picked out for me had I been born a girl. I only discovered this after I adopted the name. It's also what my cousin named her daughter - at my father's suggestion! So I have a second-cousin who is (unknowingly) named after me!

EllieMayxxx
11-25-2015, 07:10 AM
I choose the name Charlotte because i have always loved the name. I posted a thread earlier about my name and i apologise to Shelly. Im still new to the forum and how it works.

Rhandi Spencer
11-25-2015, 08:46 AM
Randi is the female version of Randy so it was easy.
Only issue I have is sometimes I forget what I am doing and type the wrong name.

Randi

Robin777
11-25-2015, 01:29 PM
My female name is the same as my male name. I was told by my parents they wanted a girl,so I was named Robin. Little do they know.............................

Rosie1989
11-25-2015, 06:51 PM
Hi I'm not sure why but the name Rosie always appealed to me!

Vivian Best
11-25-2015, 10:53 PM
For a major part of my life I didn't have a feminine name. With the increase use of the Internet in the early 1990's I needed a screen name and I chose my mother in laws name as she was in a nursing home and wasn't using it.

I wasn't particularly fond of the name but used it almost exclusively as my screen name and ID. Over time I used it so much that the name seemed to attach itself to me and before I knew it my feminine name was Vivian whether I liked it or not.

Alytv
11-26-2015, 03:52 AM
For me there was no one particular reason but it did take a lot of time to settle on it! It just sounds nice and feminine and I've known a few girls with this name throughout my life so it has now stuck.

Irish_Katrina
11-26-2015, 05:10 PM
I love it

- - - Updated - - -

Hi, I'm new on here. It took my a while to land on my name. I wanted something soft and innocent, which is how I chose Katrina.

Ember
11-28-2015, 09:26 PM
When my mom was pregnant her friend was also pregnant and they made a deal that if one of them had a boy then they would be called Jacob and if they had a girl then they would name her Annabelle so I decided to take the name that my mom would have given me if I was born a girl.

Jonni Lin
12-01-2015, 06:43 PM
For years before I fully understood " ourselves " I would use Randi just drop the Y and a I when writing or talking to my other part. Then just a few weeks ago, I wanted my own name and always liked a double name so out of the blue when I was talking to Randy I said, Jonni Lin it is. JO nne not Johny and not Joanie, have a last name too, Zweigeist. Weird right, I find it easier to know myself that way by talking to myself and the other part of me answers, kind of neat because I feel I free up some mind space.
Peace and Love,
Jonni Lin

MischaSummers
12-02-2015, 12:28 AM
When I was a teen, even before I got into crossdressing, I used to be really into the teen drama 'The OC', and I admired the beauty and style of the two female leads, Marissa (played by Mischa Barton) and Summer, so I just combined the two names! :)

AlleyKat
12-03-2015, 04:31 AM
I'm really new to this (as in still bearded until I can get my razor back) and had been considering two different names, they just happened to fit together.

Allie is a slightly feminized version of my already neutral name... But if I'm changing all this about myself, why not my name too right?

Kat... as I'm working on getting f the pieces together to do this, my two main friends in the know (a gg and a long time cd) keep referring to me as a kitten.

I'm thinking as I debate between the two of adopting Allie as my official, and Kat as a nick.

Patty Phose
12-03-2015, 08:16 AM
When I began dressing in college for parties, I wanted to wear the sexiest attire I could get. That was the nicest and shiniest sheer to waist pantyhose I could find to be worn with a really short dress and sexy shoes. I wanted my legs to get noticed.

Girls told me I had great legs and wanted to know what pantyhose I was wearing. They told me I always wore such sexy pantyhose. My name sort of became Sexy Pantyhose. Then it became Panty Hose. From there it morphed into Patty Phose. Then eventually Patty. It was others who gave me the name but I kind of like it.

Leeanne2015
12-03-2015, 09:55 AM
I chose LeeAnne because the name fits and I have always loved this name. I just feel like a LeeAnne. I have yet to go out in public as LeeAnne, but the day will come and soon hopefully.

Curious Mike
12-03-2015, 01:39 PM
Hi Everyone! I am new to this site and very appreciative I was allowed to join. I don't have my female name and was looking for suggestions. My name is Michael so my first thought is Michelle. Thanks again.

sbay06
12-04-2015, 08:32 PM
I suppose my username doesn't show my female name, but I chose the name Kate originally because I thought I looked like a Kate. Recently I had a conversation with my mom though and to my surprise, she told me that she was contemplating the name Katie as a name for me if I were to have been born a female! Guess I picked the right one!

Just4me
12-05-2015, 07:50 PM
Hello the name I choose is Miranda I an recently discovered by my SO and never choose a name until she asked me if I had one

gokatiegirl
12-06-2015, 08:38 AM
I changed my name to Kate back in 97 after watching Kate Winslet play Rose on the titanic.

Skirtgirl
12-07-2015, 02:09 PM
I chose Lesley because it seemed right and I remember as a young, very basic (wearing mums skirts and dresses in secret) crosddresser that this would be my name if I were a girl.

crobeson96
12-07-2015, 05:08 PM
I spent a day searching the web for female names. I remember I had a million rules about what it would not be and no clue what I was looking for. Finally, I stumbled over the name I chose. It seemed right immediately. So, here's Camilla. I've never known anyone by that name so I had no negative connotations. Thanks!

JessieA
12-08-2015, 10:47 PM
I'm not sure where Jessica came from but started using online and was part of me when I started dressing my last name comes from short version of my first name and middle name.

CathyWallace
12-08-2015, 11:06 PM
I originally chose Tisiphone with a short version of Tis, until I resolved some of my underlying anger and realized that I was not actually an avenging fury. After some thought I chose Cathy because it would have been my name had I been DFAB, and I like the name.

JessiFoxx
12-10-2015, 07:03 AM
Hi everyone, I chose to go with Jessica because it sounds so sweet and also because it's in close resemblance to my male name. When I shorten Jessica I like to go with Jessi :)

Sonny
12-14-2015, 08:01 PM
I go by Sonny both as a man and Lady. My Mamma nick named me Sonny when I was a baby cause I was playing with the sun beams in my crib. Awe isn't that cute. :o Been Sonny for 49 years and it's a non gender specific name.

Greta Goldfarb
12-18-2015, 07:30 PM
Greta Garbo is probably my favorite film actress of all time, so I took my first name from her. I chose "Goldfarb" for the alliteration and because it accurately reflects my Jewish heritage (which I cannot hide without or without makeup -- gotta rock this nose of mine while in both genders!).

Gretchen_To_Be
12-18-2015, 07:56 PM
Here is what I posted back in Oct, when I decided to take a step forward:

Gretchen was a girl in sixth grade. She was a tomboy beauty that became my best neighborhood friend. A whiz at climbing trees and fences, with hair like dark spun gold with sun-bleached streaks, and amazingly white and straight teeth and perfect lips, she had a lively, teasing way about her. I was smitten. One day I saw her in a dreamy dress, hose and heels about to leave for a wedding, and I was just paralyzed by the sight. My heart was on the verge of leaping from my chest. I couldn't get the image out of my head. As I analyzed my thoughts over the weeks to come I realized I had a real problem. I was no normal 11 year old boy crushing on his first puppy love. I didn't just want to be with her, I actually wanted to BE her...and especially be able to wear what she was wearing. It was seared into my psyche, a truly formative moment. I have loved the name ever since, and if or when I become a woman, that’s who I will be.

Tammysborn
12-19-2015, 05:03 PM
My search for a name started about 4-5 weeks ago. Until then picking a name was never that important to me. I didn't realize how wrong I was. Until then I was just a guy that put on women's clothing. Then a conversation with another CD made me realize that I desired and needed to become a woman not just dress as one. Then the search for a name started. I searched many sites for feminine names and came up with a list of 15 or so names. Each day I'd look at each name and close my eyes while thinking of that name. One by one I'd delete the names. That took about 3 weeks until I was down to two or three. None of the other names made me feel quite as feminine as my true name Tammy does. To this day I still get a rush when I close my eyes and say Tammy. I'm sorry it took me so long to find you Tammy but now we'll be together forever!

wendy447
12-23-2015, 08:20 PM
My name is Wendy. It has a nice bubbly feel to it.

Samantha Scott
12-24-2015, 06:10 PM
Samantha comes from Bewitched, the 60's TV show. She was beautiful and I loved her character.

LindaAnne
12-25-2015, 05:51 PM
I've always had "Linda" in the back of my mind for many years. One thing that was important to me was having an age-appropriate name. I'm in my mid-50s so some of the newer names that are currently in vogue wouldn't fit me as they wouldn't have been used when I was born. I recently added the "Anne" as I'm from the south and many women use two names and I thought "Linda Anne" was both age-appropriate and was reflective of my southern roots. Plus I just like the sound of it. It sounds right for the woman that I know I am.

jeni
12-26-2015, 12:38 AM
My name was chosen by my transsexuals friend. You know what it's fitting. Thanks to her she show a young confused boy, how sexy he is as a young female. :)

alison1977
12-27-2015, 09:07 AM
Alison was a friend I had in high school. I always loved the name and thought it was very feminine. She was also very feminine, how she moved, spoke and dressed. The name has stuck with me since thend.

KassyRene
12-30-2015, 06:02 PM
My wife picked my name. She said had we had girls instead of boys, Kassy and Rene would have been the names she'd have chosen. So, I'm Kassy 😆

Tonya Fox
12-30-2015, 10:18 PM
My girlfriend named me Tonya, after Tony Stark. She got inspiration from an Iron man poster. I liked it, had a dear childhood friend by that name and I just stuck with it.

1958Candi
12-31-2015, 08:42 AM
I wish I had a cool story but the name Candi just popped into my head when I was deciding on what my female name should be. I wanted a sexy name and Candi was perfect!

Mandy_K
12-31-2015, 02:05 PM
My names beginning feels quite dumb but a few years back my wife said, "Im gonna call you Mandy", Puzzled by that particular choice, I said' "why" she said, "Well you are a MAN but look what you're wearing to bed". So Mandy was born :heehee:

Angie G
12-31-2015, 09:24 PM
I always had a thing for Angie Dickinson. And after the stones song Angie I had to have that name.:hugs:
Angie

Heatherose
01-01-2016, 11:41 AM
I would have been named Heather had I been born female... But what really sold it was the redhead that lived down the street as a kid. What a fox! I wanted to be her lol

Gina Torres
01-01-2016, 10:27 PM
Gina is an actress in my favorite show. In the show she is courageous, and extremely loyal, and will never back down from protecting her crew. Plus I like the name. ☺

Helena J
01-03-2016, 10:17 AM
Hi i used to have a different female name but I changed it to my mothers name Helena after she passed away 2 months ago - to always remember her its only a user name so far

Rachel Sanders
01-03-2016, 06:39 PM
Always liked the name Rachel and in keeping with the same initials as my man name Sanders came to mind. I have been Rachel Sanders for at least 10 years now.

CarolBrown
01-03-2016, 06:57 PM
It is easier to remember names that have the same starting letter as your name... So Carol became my female alter ego...

Tina Davis
01-04-2016, 03:14 PM
I would have been named Christine if I had been a girl. We named my daughter that, and so I wanted to use something similar but not exactly the same. Tina rolled off my tongue easily. I use the last name Davis as a nod to my real name.

Riley57
01-04-2016, 07:58 PM
just used my last name as my first name, no last name yet perhaps I did not think this through....

Niele
01-06-2016, 07:07 AM
My female name comes from a wizard crazy elf from a brazilian comic book, Nieledorane was a princess untill her kingdom was atacked and occupied by orc forces, her family needed to flee to human kingdons, and there, rebuild new life, she carries the Eye of Zzazz on her staff, unknown to her that this artifact have inteligence and bring some things with the god of intrigue.

She's beautifull, full of life, always smiling, always have a good point of view of whatever bad situation, and a good character for otakus hahahaha

renae.lake
01-07-2016, 12:02 AM
Hi all, fist time poster here.

I started crossdessing in earnest back in June, and I kind of picked the first names that came into my head and ended up with Renae Lake. After living with that name for a few months, I decided it didn't feel right and set out to pick a name more purposefully. I hit the internets and gathered lists of unique first names and popular names from the 80s, and whittled down a list of a few hundred down to 3 (yay spreadsheets): Summer, Ivy & Quinn.

I decided to keep Renae as a middle name because I think it is a pretty name, just not right for my first name.

For a last name, I looked for the most popular surnames for ethnicities I could plausibly be, and used the "pairwise comparison" method to narrow it down to a list of 10 (yes, I am a dork). Then I looked at all the combinations and narrowed those down to the ones that sounded best together.

I ended up with Summer Renae Wilson - Summer because I've always thought it was a fun name, and ... I started crossdressing in the summer (too on the nose?), and Wilson because it sounded good :battingeyelashes:.

The selection process took weeks, but I'm happy with the result. This is officially the first time I have disclosed my full femme name to anyone anywhere, so I hope you like it as much as I do!

Cheers!

Summer Renae

Belladdresser
01-09-2016, 01:57 PM
I've been dressing for years but never thought to give myself a name. I still can't think of a good one. I really like old Disney cartoons so maybe Wendy or Alice.

gabyklein
01-09-2016, 06:26 PM
Hi there,
I always wanted to be named Gabby Gabriela indeed, since I have memory of dressing in femme clothes. Since I were 12. My fantasy was to be Gabby.
So when I had so introduce myself for the first time in a crossdressing group in fb the first name that came to my mind was that only one. And Klein is a tribute to Back to the Future.

Nine
01-10-2016, 09:14 AM
I asked me if i have to choose specially a female name.
According to me Nine (pronounce Neene not 9 !) is a cute name and very short. It looks like the sound of two glasses of "Champagne"

I've asked my mother my name if i have been a woman... she didn't aswer me...

Why Nine... because it's not well known and discreet, one of my favorite quality i get and what i like in people i meet.

In others forum (french T forum !), i'm also known as MAllory, the name of my grand father (irish root...sorry not so french !!!)... like this name too because in France this name is given for a woman, and so ambiguous...

CallmeAlice
01-10-2016, 09:16 PM
I chose the name Alice. It was a tough choice because I was stuck between Lucy and Alice, both the names from cartoon characters. Peanuts and Alice in Wonderland. I also thing both named are very pretty. I was debating this for about a year or two. It wasn't until a conversation with some friends at a party, none of which knew that I crossed, talking about what our names would be if we were the opposite gender. One of my friends said I kinda would look like an Alice, and a few others agreed. It was then when I decided that my female name would be Alice.

Jenny22
01-11-2016, 12:14 PM
I love girl's names with the letter 'n'. N has such a nice sound when spoken. "Jenny" has two and rings prettily when said. Since "Jennifertahome" (This lady is tops in my book) was already taken, I settled on plain, old Jenny, and love it!

Kiersten
01-12-2016, 03:55 PM
I knew a girl named Kiersten, always loved her fashion sense and the way she carried herself.

paintmepink
01-12-2016, 08:42 PM
Kaylee valentine. I was so stoned one time i was convinced she had come from the aquarius constellation to play the (mouth)harp via myself, like ziggy stardust-like.

she's a bad girl and a bit of a cake face.

TaraGrace
01-12-2016, 09:24 PM
Ok lets see.. this was something I wanted to get perfect for me in every possible way.. so I gave it a lot of thought.

As a lot of traditional (and many of my favorites) girls names and on an 'a' in europe, that was a must for me.

Having the first letter identical to my birthname was a must too, so that was a 'T'.

And a little voice kept saying max 5 letters.. and then Tara popped up, which rings Australian to me.. so a small Kylie ode there too, nice :)

As for Grace, that was hard to find.. it looks simple but it's complicated :)

My family name is Harris, which surprisingly enough in the Netherlands is also a rare name soley used for boys first names (both Harris and Haris).

Haris in the Balkan however is solely used as a girl name.. and that contradiction made me very interested in doing a bit more research.. and tying my highly mixed roots (around UK and Balkan).. The origin of Haris appeared to be Greek mythology, meaning Grace :)

AmyB
01-12-2016, 10:33 PM
Since my male name starts with an A, I always thought that if I had of been born a girl, my name would have been amy.

Rosemary+
01-14-2016, 11:02 PM
I love plants and I love the ocean
And the name Rosemary , translated from Latin means "dew of the sea"
Most importantly I like the the name

nikkiwindsor
01-16-2016, 10:25 AM
I've just always liked the nickname "Nikki." I feel like a Nikki and I also love the name Nicole, as my more formal name.

Juanita O
01-16-2016, 11:07 AM
i ask my mother what my name would have been if i was born females, she told me that my name would have been Juanita, female for john

Kathi-Anne
01-17-2016, 12:07 PM
I was living in these apartments. There were 2 girls that I enjoyed being with, as well as dating one of them.
One was Rebecca Anne and Kathi Lynn. That's how Kathi-Anne came to fruition.

Julia1984
01-17-2016, 02:36 PM
Ok. Time to fess up. Julia is the nearest equivalent to my given name. 1984 was the last time, before this Christmas, that I acknowledged her. It is also a rather good book, with a character of the same name, who does not behave as she ought. But she (the character, that is) is human and fallible, unlike Winston Smith. I cannot aspire to his strength of character, so for me, at any rate, Julia is the more realistic human.
Too literary?

Julia xx

Nadine Robles
01-18-2016, 08:57 AM
"Nadine Robles" is actually an anagram of my boy name. (no you cant sort it out!)

Emily W
01-19-2016, 09:28 AM
I first adopted the name Emily when I was about 14. Emily was the name of my first serious girlfriend. She was very feminine in her looks, mannerisms and the clothes she wore, more so than most of the other girls. I always thought her name was very pretty and matched her looks. Now that I much older I realise that I was probably more in love of her femininity then her.

Cd_scarlett
01-19-2016, 05:01 PM
My name is Scarlett Sierra. I have gone by both names. I love the beauty associated with Sierra. It just seems to evoke natural beauty. Scarlett calls passion to mind. I could not pick between the two so I go by one or the other but lean heavily towards Scarlett for the passion I feel when en femme.

gabriella1964
01-19-2016, 05:53 PM
I guess that id have to say that my wife named me Gabriella we had an online master that was in control of us sexually , as he had me wearing light make up and bra and panties in my everyday life, his choice name was Glenna, but my wife didn't like that name and told him it was to be Gabriella, needless to say, he lost and thus it was chosen. We went to a Wendys to eat and made our order and when she was finished the waiter asked for a name on the slip , I spoke up plain and clear.....its Gabriella. I love the name and everyone that knows me dressed loves it....it fits me and i feel very sexy when people call me Gabriella

Jamie85
01-21-2016, 01:20 PM
I'm Jamie (bet you'll never guess my real name). I was registering for an account at a CD boutique and was asked for my "girl's name." I was a bit taken aback and came up with Jamie on the spot. It works well enough.

Violet Remplier
01-21-2016, 10:38 PM
I'm Violet - because I love the color and Remplier comes from the french word for affection.

Dee-anna
01-22-2016, 11:23 AM
Mine came in my teens i liked the name Dee and knew a cool girl Anna that i admired. so i became Dee-Anna in my own mind.

BettyMorgan
01-24-2016, 10:59 AM
I'm in my early 50s. I gave myself a name only a year ago. When I was 18 my favourite Aunt passed away at a young age from breast cancer. I have never forgotten how cool she was to me. She was sexy and loud and always spoke her mind.

TracyUK
01-25-2016, 04:46 AM
My name Tracy only came to mind when joining this site, before that I had gone through 53 years of dressing without an identity.
This site is so liberating, Tracy was born in this forum and I thank the site and all of you girls for that.

Alexann
01-27-2016, 01:46 PM
Alexann Elliott. Alexann is my name shortened. Don't know why but I've always been a fan of Elloitt. I did consider Holly Ann. Holly Ann was the prettiest girl in elementary school

Judy-Somthing
01-27-2016, 11:02 PM
I picked Judy because it was my 1st 8th grade kissey face girl freind.

iTz Janet
01-27-2016, 11:34 PM
I am a BIG fan of Michael Jackson. I was also in love other his sister Janet Jackson. I like the way it rolls off the lips.

Janet

Hannah1975
01-30-2016, 03:33 PM
I chose Hannah as it is a palindrome
For me that means it is comfortable in both ways if that makes sense (as I am male in one direction and female in the other both equal)

wanda66
01-31-2016, 07:07 AM
Wanda just seems to fit.she has been hideing inside of me for 64 years . Ifound her when i found this site
THANKS

vickydutch
01-31-2016, 05:09 PM
I Always liked the name Vicky.

first i wanted to call myself Vicky-b , but that name is already taken by a fotomodel :tongueout

Vicky-dutch fits better with me , because i am a dutch guy/cd

christylee_sf
02-03-2016, 12:49 PM
my female name just happened to be a derivative of my male name...but i'm guess that would be the most common to do. I picked it so it sounds similar to my given name, yet with a fem touch. Chris is so nuetural I just wanted to make sure it had that fem touch..

Sallee
02-03-2016, 12:59 PM
I like the spelling of Sallee vs ly, I guess I could go with Lee too. BUt the origin is from a line in a LOu Reed tune. "Sallee has eyebrows on her knees" damned if I know what it means but I liked it and it is a great tune by a great artist

Samantha981
02-04-2016, 12:26 AM
For years it didn't occur to me to have a name. I just dressed and stayed home, or underdressed a bit once in a while. No need for one, I suppose. When I started exploring various crossdressing sites and blogs last year, I noticed that several crossdressing and transgender online stores would have a pop up asking me to sign in / sign up with my femme name. Hmmm. thought about it a bit but not too much.

A few months later I am pondering making my first appointment for a makeover at Sephora :battingeyelashes: . One thing I do when I go out to a store is play ahead in my mind what conversations might go like, what questions, etc; then what my responses might be. That way I'm not nervous and looking like I'm making something up. Being natural and confident!

Well, as I am playing in my mind how the phone call for an appointment might go (yea even a phone call) it occurred to me they will need to know who the appointment is for i.e. a name :doh:

Sat back and started running through names. I wanted a pretty name, and something different. Thought of women I know (hmm, maybe not), my male name might have variations, but didn't like them. What other names? Started thinking about entertainment characters from movies or TV shows. After 20 minutes of racking my brain, a name popped in and I quickly had two TV references that I absolutely loved. Of course I picked Samantha. One reference was to Bewitched one of my favorite comedies. I have the whole series on DVD. Samantha Stevens. She was pretty, smart, strong, a good role model (and always had cute cat eye makeup). The second reference was from Stargate-SG1. Have to be a Sci Fi geek to know that series. And yes, I have the entire series on DVD. Whole family was into it. Major then later Colonel Samantha Carter. Smart - astrophysicist, and the one they usually looked for to get the team out of trouble. Attractive. Strong - Air Force special forces. A great role model too. So that is the story of my name, kinda long. :chatterbox: . I have to work on shorter answers :blah:

NorthernExplorer
02-04-2016, 02:01 AM
I am still in the process of choosing my name. Is it usually something that jumps out at you?

Scarlett Viktoria
02-04-2016, 10:54 AM
I don't think mine jumped out. I thought about it long and hard and when I thought about Scarlett I just felt it met all my criteria.

atlflygirl
02-04-2016, 07:39 PM
My name is Simone Reese. I've always liked the name Simone, and Reese is one of those Canadian names that is hard to forget.

Andreaxxx420
02-04-2016, 09:01 PM
A little while after I started sneaking into my sisters room to wear her clothes, I met a girl who i liked and we even dated for a while, But her name is what lasted. After dressing for a while. I realized I wanted to be with her, or BE HER LOOK LIKE HER everything about her my girly self wanted to be.

So thats how I got my name!!! Its can be a "Party Girl" name or a "reserved and refined name"

Samantha981
02-05-2016, 01:14 AM
Mine jumped out at me. And ever since it has really felt right and feels like me. I feel like a Samantha, if that makes sense? SAs or makeup artists sometimes ask my name, good sales strategy, and then call me by my femme name it feels very natural.

Just4me
02-05-2016, 01:50 AM
I didn't have a name till my SO caught me dressed and she said I had been lieing to her by me not telling her it went bad so I choose Miranda rights I have the right to remain silent if I so choose so I'm Miranda

Amber83
02-06-2016, 11:00 AM
I decided to name my femme side Amber. I feel Amber is a very cute name. I also didn't want to have the same name as anyone I know.

Ashley Nicole
02-07-2016, 06:21 AM
My parents decided not to find out what gender I was while they were pregnant. They had decided on Ashley Nicole if I was a girl. I always felt like Ashley was a part of me even though I ended up male.

BrynP
02-09-2016, 02:55 PM
Hi everyone, first post here and I think that it's perfect that it be my name. For a long time I didn't have a name besides my guy name so I looked and looked and wanted it to be perfect so I chose Bryn. I think it's playful, sexy and just sits well with me :)

mechamoose
02-09-2016, 06:10 PM
My wife calls my girl self 'Kitty' (Claws?? No these are just well kept nails)

Fingers & toes... /slash

<MRowr>

- MM

AbigailSinclaire
02-11-2016, 05:09 AM
My female name is Abigail. She has been with me for many years, I have only very recently started to dress. The first time I put on womens clothes, it felt like I had broke out of my own man made prison. I kept her surpressed for years. That wasnt right to do to her. Abigail is a pretty, old school name. Its a very fitting name for her.

Lana.M
02-11-2016, 02:56 PM
I have been using Lana since the age of 20. Always loved that name.

Sin
02-11-2016, 03:30 PM
I've used few names so far and I don't use Sin so much outside of a certain group that I can not mention becouse of forum rules. But I have also become a bit found of Sin for the same reasons as they have made they'r effort of making my female side seem bad. Now I'm sometimes like, sure, I'll be Sin.
I also have an admirer that calls me by a whole other name that I am very found of, just as found of it as I am of him.
I have also been crossdressing in "semy-public" places and often used few other names.
But I am going to use the name Sin here and I hope you girls dont mind.

Mandy Faye
02-13-2016, 11:41 PM
These are all great answers... Very interesting ! ... I feel like I have been Mandy 4 ever .. Just never said it out loud till recently .. That name has been a part of my inside 4 a long, long time ! ... Nice 2 finally connect with the name :-)

Dannibelle Jo
02-16-2016, 07:36 AM
My legal name is Daniel Joseph. I started out as simply Danielle. I then decided on a middle name, Joy. When I told my SO about adding Joy, she hated it. Apparently she knew a Joy and didn't care for her so she suggested Danielle Belle. I liked it fine but one day, not long ago, I said it aloud as Danibelle and it worked perfectly for me. I added Jo for Joseph and now that's me. I have a feeling it will be me for the duration.

JennB
02-16-2016, 10:39 AM
It is probably something a psychologist would have fun with, but I went with Jenn because I had dated a number of Jenn/Jen/Jennifers previously (all previous deriviations of the name proved not the best dating choices)...so my SO and I figured why not just adopt the name I had dated so many times!

RylieM
02-16-2016, 08:24 PM
I chose Rylie because I love the way it rolls off my tongue if I was a female and had a chance to choose my name that would probably be it. I am also a very avid gamer mostly with rpgs and some mmo rpgs and the 2 most commonly used names by me is Rylie and Kylie. I tend to sometimes take things quite far in those games and design the character how I hope I would look.

~Katelyn~
02-16-2016, 11:29 PM
Mine would have been Katelyn!

AmandaM
02-17-2016, 12:01 AM
There was a transsexual who was young, hot, looked like a real girl. She said on her website she was in a bar with her friends one day and a guy tried picking her up. She said, "I'm a man, duh". And he said, "Hi, Amanda!". So, I named myself after her. But, I am sometimes tired of it, but don't have a better name. I used to go by Barbara.

ashley_addams76
02-17-2016, 11:43 PM
Ashley always reminded me of a hot sorority woman and Addams just for alliteration.

MidwayNH
02-18-2016, 12:35 AM
It was Kaylee the moment I heard it on the TV show Firefly. Something about it just rang true. My heart and my mind just seem to scream out at the same time. I am not sure why that was but who am I to argue with myself? :tongueout

Milly1410
02-18-2016, 02:52 PM
Hi everybody.

I picked up the name Milena because somehow i felt like it was perfect for me, i felt it "mine", to express my female self.

Kimmiestarr85
02-20-2016, 04:01 PM
Hello everyone my name is Kimmie. I love that name I am a CD everyone I say it makes me want to get dressed. Thought I would let everyone no. I am 22 looking for people to play with and stuff in Phoenix az kik me at kimmiestarr85

ilianar17
02-24-2016, 02:37 PM
I once met a girl named Iliana about the same time I started crossdressing. She was so stunning, the first time I ever laid eyes on her I thought "I so want to be in your shoes right now" (literally and figuratively). She is a role model for my female self.

Besides, in Greek, Iliana is a combination of two names: Ilias (Ηλίας) which is a boy's name, and Anna (Άννα) which is a girl's name (and the predominant female name in my entire family)

Alice_2014_B
02-24-2016, 03:06 PM
I wanted a name that sounded like one of my real names.
And "Alice" just always sounded like a real pretty name to me.
:)

Gingerpriss
02-25-2016, 01:36 PM
I asked my mother what I would have been called if i were born a girl, and she said Erica. Since they named me Eric anyway, I just used that and made it a bit more feminine and modern with Ayrica. I love signing my name as Ayrica, and practice it daily. My given middle name starts with an R as well, and one of the first girls to ever help me look and feel more "girly" as a young boy was my older neighbor, Renee. My middle name is a tribute to her for helping me, without judgement so long ago. EDIT: I have recently found that the name "Renee" means "rebirth" so I do think I picked a very fitting name indeed. :)

lainey
02-26-2016, 01:44 PM
My mom & older sister's middle name is Elaine. So I adopted that name at first and soon after it morphed into Lainey which I found more fitting for me.

LashingKarma
02-26-2016, 03:19 PM
Mine is Azelyn i picked it from a list of names it stuck out more when i was looking

LacieMarie
02-29-2016, 08:45 AM
Lacie is super close to my male name and it just sticks. I love how it feel saying it and hear my SO call me by it.

CandyGirl
02-29-2016, 04:58 PM
Candy as a reference to how some cute legs look in some cute stockings :o

msannacd
02-29-2016, 09:08 PM
Anna. I went for a name with soft consonants. Thought it would be more feminine that way.

- - - Updated - - -

I love your logic! Very accurate:)

rebecca_ns
03-02-2016, 09:07 AM
Mom always said if I'd have been a girl I would have been called Rebecca. So Rebecca it is.

Justina
03-04-2016, 04:13 PM
Feminine version of my middle name.

BustyOlivia
03-06-2016, 04:45 AM
I have always just felt like an Olivia, I feel like me when I am Olivia=)

melissalynn
03-06-2016, 09:58 PM
Melissa was the name of a girl that I admired in my pre-teen years. Lynn is short for Linda, a very interesting girl I met in my teen years. I like the way the two names blend together.

PattiMichaels
03-07-2016, 09:46 PM
Patti is a variation of my male name, Michaels is an extension of my male middle name. If I had to pick a female middle name, it'd be Ann as in "Patricia Ann Michaels" or Patti Ann...kinda sounds fun & flirty...

Samantha Clark
03-08-2016, 02:55 PM
I've changed my name from Brenda to Samantha. Samantha aligns with my childhood nickname and I like that. It also sounds softer and I like that too.

uwho1976
03-08-2016, 05:43 PM
My name is Jami (goes along with James)

Sonyla
03-08-2016, 10:11 PM
I realy love latin names :lovestruck:
I searched the internet for names and found Sonyla.
There are more names that I liked, for example Serena, but this me :)

Cristy2
03-09-2016, 05:47 AM
I think I have posted on this thread before, but if not, I chose Cristy2 at the time I signed up here to honor my best friend Christinac and forum member who had recently passed away at the time. I've decided to use Christina as my first name if I decided to transition over.

Beauty Parlor Bev
03-09-2016, 08:16 AM
I was always told that if I had been born a girl, my name would have been Beverly. Someone else :sad: already had that name here, so I added the "Beauty Parlor" part because it is my favorite place to be and the place I first started experiencing "Bev" when I was young!

Andrea2000
03-09-2016, 09:31 AM
I chose my name out of two reasons, first it closest resembles my male name and thus would be easy to remember, and second I find it to be a sexy name. I just think Andrea sounds hot.

Danielle t
03-09-2016, 09:43 AM
I went with Danielle due to my birth name is Daniel it's just feminine version of my name

wyomingwaine
03-14-2016, 06:31 PM
i like the name nicole cause it just sounds sexy.

- - - Updated - - -

cool name

Mykaa
03-15-2016, 01:53 AM
Im starting to think I like Mykaa.

Rhonda 347
03-15-2016, 07:28 AM
Just like the name, plus I was a Beachboys fan lol

rachel-h
03-15-2016, 11:58 AM
Just loved the name Rachel

Love Dove
03-16-2016, 04:29 AM
Up until now i didnt give it much thought about my girl name but recently i had a talk with my gf and she suggested i use Camille as my first name and my real boy name as a middle or last name.
I kinda like it though, Camille T.
Sounds nice and looks nice to. I kinda want to take this a bit further and if possible make my girl name official.
And just use it for my girl self. It can be done under some conditions.

BeccaClark
03-16-2016, 06:12 AM
I chose the name Rebecca Clark without putting alot of thought into it. There's a name that would be a perfect name for me, because it's literally my male name with the last two letters swapped around, but I wanted to come up with a different name, so that if someone were to recognize me on here, my name wouldn't be a dead giveaway.
"Becca" was my ex girlfriend's roommate, and "Clark" is the last name of a friend at work.
I'm not crazy about this name, I don't really feel like it fits me :( there's a woman at work with a unique name I've never heard before, and im thinking about stealing and using hehe... Alina. Pronounced "Uh-Lee-Nuh". Pretty, isn't it??

kesmund
03-16-2016, 12:15 PM
im been been given a slighty female name anyway so why change .Hi i;m Kerry

Miss_Lela
03-16-2016, 06:12 PM
I've gone through a few trying to find one that fits. Lela is the first two syllables of my middle name and seems to work. Back in the semi-early days of the internet (mid-late 90s) I used to use "Seductra" on mIRC. That nick let me be a little naughty when needed.

josie_S
03-16-2016, 10:43 PM
this might seem weird but i like how the letter J looks either in script or in cursive...it looks curvy to me and sounds soft, so i chose a J name. I also like the French sound of Jocelyn...but the "cute" of Josie :)

MissVirginia-Mae
03-17-2016, 07:58 AM
I wanted something classy-sounding and lady-like...
So by including the "Ms" on it and with it hyphenated, it sounds very very formal
I am a true lady....

kayegirl
03-17-2016, 11:30 AM
Kaye is the initial letter of my given name, makes it easy when presenting credit card or bank card when dressed!

Samanthag
03-17-2016, 02:37 PM
I use Samantha as well. I not only loved the name, but at work my assistant for some strange reason started calling me Sammy. My male name is Scott, so I've only kept the "S"

Geraldine1947
03-20-2016, 01:12 AM
Hello... I just feminised my forename Gerald to Geraldine. It suits my age and personality, and I more easily answer to it. Xxxx

1263kimberly
03-20-2016, 04:19 PM
I chose the name Kimberly because it close to my male name Kenneth

lesli
03-22-2016, 10:02 AM
my female name was easy, my given name is Leslie and all of my life everyone has been expecting a girl to show up--made a big hit at sport camps when Leslie would show up assigned to the girls dorms: apparently they don't look at that little gender checkbox. Well, any way, I just dropped the last "e" so it is definitely a feminine form now--lesli

phili
03-23-2016, 04:27 PM
I signed in as phili since Phil was not available, and it is a nickname- but I'd rather be called by my given name Phil. My thinking is to be known by all as Phil, a man who likes to wear feminine clothes, and stands up for gender freedom.

itsnormy
04-02-2016, 09:36 AM
Mine was easy....don't use it yet, but in secret for years has been Norma Jean....not to steal anything, but is a play on my sisters name.

TeartheFallenAngel
04-05-2016, 10:45 AM
Mine is Teara, or Tear for short. Originally it was a name i used for a character on an mmo. i became well know and the name kind of stuck. later i found out that had i been born a girl, teara would have actually been what i would have been named. It's a special name to me.

NewBrendaLee
04-09-2016, 02:18 AM
I choose Brenda Lee because that is the name my mom was going to name me if I had been born a girl

Juliana817
04-10-2016, 07:35 AM
I'm Juliana...just a fav girls name of mine!

Ressie
04-15-2016, 05:08 PM
My name was Dee when I joined this forum. Years later I noticed there were many other Dees and Deedees. I've gone by resserd other places which is dresser backwards. Doing a little research, I found Ressie actually is a female name (although it's rare to find anyone with that name). Unusual is what I was looking for so I changed my username here to Ressie and go by that name when en femme. But I don't mind if anyone calls me Dee - it's kind of my nickname :)

Joanna447
04-15-2016, 09:36 PM
I love the name Joanna.

Melody A
04-17-2016, 09:04 PM
Not only did I find the name Melody cute and feminine, I also liked the musical aspect of the name because music has always been a big part of my life. Also, it is a twist on the name Melanie which was the name of a girl (my first crush) from my preschool days. She always wore the prettiest dresses.

Mel :)

Alyssa
04-18-2016, 03:14 PM
I chose Alyssa because when I was very young my mother was pregnant with a girl, I think I was 1 year old or something like that and she was gonna be named Alyssa but due to severe health complications my mom had to abort her. So I chose the name Alyssa so I can dress for me and for her.

prabha
04-20-2016, 05:37 AM
Hi friends

My name is 'prabha'
It's a Sanskrit word for Aura
But one of my CD friend renamed once but still I go for 'prabha'

Raychel
04-20-2016, 06:00 AM
I went thru a few different name before landing on this one.
Rachel was already taken on the forum, so Raychel it is,
Actually fits better anyways, An extension of my male name, just like Raychel is an extension
of my male self. :thinking:

Fiona123
04-20-2016, 07:30 AM
I've tried out many names. Fiona is my favorite. It sounds womanly.

FrancescaDienes
04-20-2016, 12:57 PM
I chose Francesca after a character I played in the Mass Effect series, it's a classical name (I love those sorts, sounds kind of sophisticated) and seemed to fit the strong female character. Deines (I tragically misspelt it in my username) comes from Sky Marshall Deines, a minor character from one of my favourite novels, Starship Troopers, it just seemed to fit with the first name.

Ineke Vashon
04-20-2016, 02:31 PM
Originally I wanted to use Ellie. Then I found Ellies all over the place. I had a girlfriend named Ineke and found only one Ineke anywhere (a perfume place in CA, I think). So, it's Ineke which nobody know how to pronounce here :devil:. Vashon is an island in WA state.

Ineke
EE! - as in EEk, a mouse! :eek:, nuh, kuh. Now you know.

almalove
04-22-2016, 01:40 AM
For me its Alma it means soul, in Spanish I've used some others before but this is the one I like best,

Erin67
04-23-2016, 07:56 AM
I chose Erin Elezabeth .. Why ? I have no idea ha ha .. Of course just Erin for short! 😘

Jamieann
04-23-2016, 11:24 AM
Iam a very simple person I like that name it sounds very fem. to me. My wants are great and my needs are few. On the road for weeks at a time going back and forth across this great country don't have time to actually sit down and meet people but i really love the chance, but bills have to be paid Life Goes On, maybe someday when I have a little extra time ,everybody have a nice day

NikkiHunter
04-26-2016, 03:56 PM
I knew a girl named Nikki...

Virginia1983
04-28-2016, 04:22 PM
I've called myself Virginia since my early teens. The real Virgina is my mother's best friend, who is the most beautifully feminine woman I know. She's always immaculately dressed with perfect hair, makeup and gorgeously manicured, long nails. She's the woman I've always strived to emmulate!

shisara
04-30-2016, 01:41 AM
I chose Sara Roberts because I always liked the name Sara and Robert is my middle name. Im thinking to maybe use Sara Jean Roberts but Im still debating that :)

OnlyRed
04-30-2016, 02:36 PM
I like the name Skyler. And yeah it is inspired from the Breaking Bad series. She is very womanly. I love the way she dresses.

Mindy Fey
05-04-2016, 07:22 PM
Mine is Mindy Fey, a combination of two totally awesome women: Mindy Kaling and Tina Fey!

jenniferinsf
05-06-2016, 09:46 AM
jennifer it is for me....must have been in my subconscious because one day at starbucks....they asked for name and i blurted out "jennifer". my wife and sons shorten it to jenn or jenny

thinking now after reading everybody's reasons i should reconsider.....mmmmmmm dilema coming on

Kelly Whelan
05-07-2016, 07:36 AM
I asked my mother when I was about 8 or 9 what she would have named me had I been born a girl. She liked the name Kelly and had that in mind at the time. When I developed my TVCD side, I immediately took on that name. My mother is very supportive of me and taking her choice of name gives it a certain basis in truth.

Lana Mae
05-09-2016, 07:18 PM
Hi

This thread is for letting everyone know the origins of your female name.

After looking at names and a few options. I finally decided Shelly was the right name for me.

Lana was a girl I went to elementary school with and lived down the block so we played together. She was my first close encounter with a female that I realized the difference! lol Anyway, Mae was my mother's middle name. Just needed a name and this is what I chose and why but now it just seems to fit! Good to be here. Thanks for letting me join! Love to all! Lana Mae

_Eliza_
05-13-2016, 09:17 AM
I've had a ton of different names, but the one I eventually settled on is Eliza... I always liked the name Elizabeth, but was never keen on Liz or Beth. I am a huge Buffy fan and so when Eliza Dushku appeared, it seemed to be the natural choice. I came out years ago and my family were pretty accepting for the most part. I haven't dressed in years though, but I am starting to do it again.

Anjana
05-14-2016, 12:39 AM
I am called Honey in my TG circle

BLUE ORCHID
05-14-2016, 06:01 AM
Hi Shelly :hugs: , (Blue Orchid) , When I joined this wonderful forum I needed a name I thought long and hard and
I didn't want any thing associated with anything or anyone in my life past or present, So I thought long and hard.

Blue is my favorite color and Orchids are my favorite flowers, and then it just hit me, I will now be

Blue Orchid, Just call me Orchid...:daydreaming:...

TiffanyMN
05-15-2016, 04:43 PM
My name is taken from the 80's pop sensation Tiffany. I always thought she was really beautiful and since I am a natural red head I would love to look like her. Since I'll never actually look like Tiffany I figured I could at least make a connection by taking her name. After using it for a while I came to realize that it fit me well so I embraced it and made it my own. I would still love to look like her though!

MelanieW
05-16-2016, 02:15 PM
I have always liked the name Melanie so chose it...or did it choose me?

ClosetED
05-16-2016, 02:26 PM
Ellen was the name of a popular and fairly pretty girl in elementary school (one of twins) so I wanted to be popular and pretty like her and also my sister's middle name, so I knew my mother liked it. It is not an ambiguous gender name like Pat, so it helped distinguish that set of needs for me.
Hugs, Ellen

Alexa CD
05-16-2016, 02:55 PM
Well my first name is Alex, so I felt something like Alexa would be nice. I think it suits me, Alex is kind of a girls name too so I don't really mind either of them.

marlacd
05-17-2016, 08:58 PM
I never really considered a female name until I started online and setting up a profile. I had chosen another name, it was just by chance that an old Roseanne episode was on the tube as I did it. A guest star, Morgan Fairchild was on, and her character name was Marla. I think Morgan Fairchild is one of the most attractive women I've ever seen in show business. Since I thought the name Marla fit her so well. It's different, so I decided to use it.

Natasha_Lovegood
05-20-2016, 08:09 AM
I chose Natasha, so elegant and sexy. Plus I have Russian roots so it sounds perfect for me :D

Jennie2
05-20-2016, 11:37 AM
I'd always liked the name Jennifer from an early age, so when I had to choose one I shortened it to Jennie, not sure if it suits me though.

Tabitha_Sinn
05-23-2016, 05:54 PM
When I was 18 (when I first started cross dressing), I use to just go by my male name (introducing myself as such). Shortly thereafter, I decided that just didn't suit me presenting myself as a female. So I chose the name Tabitha. Simply because I liked the name.

A few years later, I met a drag queen who went by the name "Samantha Sinn". She took me under her wing, and taught me the ropes and gave me her last name. She died a few years later, but I have gone by the name Tabitha Sinn ever since.

rhondacdma
05-24-2016, 08:46 AM
my name is the female version of my male name

Mylie Taylor
05-24-2016, 08:22 PM
Mine is based on being semi-obnoxious, Mylie Cyrus and Taylor Swift, it's the punk rocker in me. Men seem to love it, some sort of jailbait bimbo fantasy probably.

JessieRoxxx
05-24-2016, 09:40 PM
I plucked my alias Jessie out of thin air when I was making an online account and was in a rush to name myself. It was the first thing that came to mind and, I must say, I have no regrets. I'm definitely a Jessie.

SamanthaLouiseScott
05-25-2016, 04:28 PM
Samantha is the female version of my real name. Louise Scott I think sounds nice but is also a tribute to the sexiest girl I ever went out with who is a role model for Sam.

ChloeCleveland
05-26-2016, 01:35 PM
Being of English descent, I chose the name Chloe because it sounded proper, but still sweet, fun and approachable!

Amanda7
05-29-2016, 09:49 PM
Not sure how my name came to me, but Amanda seemed just perfect.

Just-Lucy
05-30-2016, 03:20 AM
Originally as a joke I used Lucy fitt (loosely fit) then dropped the fitt for my real surname. I got more serious I suppose:)

amylibertarian
05-30-2016, 05:46 AM
I always liked the name Amy, it's simple and feminine.

stormy_skyxx
05-30-2016, 08:36 AM
Hello everyone, and glad to be here...
I choose the name Gilda...well due, to the movie, and the character interpreted by Rita Haywort...
actually my full feminine name is Gilda Victoria Byron...
Gilda as stated before
Victoria as its a victory for my female self to realize it exists and its alive
Byron as the name of the famous romantic poet..

Mindy Fey
05-30-2016, 09:10 AM
What a great name, I love it! I also was a fan of Buffy the Vampire Slayer and my wife got me into Dollhouse ( another good show with Eliza Dushku.) There's also a good character named Eliza in the Hamilton musical.

Andrea Evadne
06-02-2016, 03:17 PM
I have always felt myself to be an Andrea. even as a kid, I was drawn to that name :)

Lala
06-02-2016, 06:06 PM
Lala is an aunt's name, from my early years. I loved her; her nylons and garter that would show... unintentionally on her part am sure. But the way she dressed, she smelled, her hands, so classy... I practice crossing my legs the way she would, swaying slide motion. What a lady.

ShyAngie
06-04-2016, 12:45 PM
What a lovely memory - I too have olde matriarchal figures in my family whose lace and silky undergarments captured my attention

almalove
06-05-2016, 06:03 AM
As for me after goinh througth some othersin the past, "Alma" seems to the perfect one its short, nice, very feminine and it means soul in spanish, so it fits me so nice.

Elizabeth G
06-10-2016, 02:39 PM
I've always thought Elizabeth was a pretty name and I like the diminutive Beth too.

BrendaPDX
06-10-2016, 04:14 PM
A lot of people here have given a lot of thought to their name. I have always liked the names Brenda and Heather, then I met a girl named Heather and she was very mean to me and others, so I chose Brenda. Possibly because my name starts with a B.

ChristaB
06-14-2016, 04:31 PM
I simply went with a femme version of my male name, Chris. I suppose I could have chosen Christine, Chrissy, Kristin, but I knew a Christa years ago and I kind of liked the name.

Martha G
06-16-2016, 06:56 AM
I took the name Martha from Martha Stewart "The Domestic Diva" who dressed very well.

kendracd
06-16-2016, 10:29 AM
I just feminized my male name Ken to Kendra, lol guess im no rocket scientist :battingeyelashes:

DearestAlice
06-23-2016, 03:33 AM
I chose Alice because when I was young my mother read me the books by Lewis Carroll. Books about a beautiful young woman who travels to another world. Alice IS my wonderland. She is what I see through gh looking glass. Something gorgeous and wonderous and just out of reach.

Leila.R.Galicia
06-23-2016, 12:38 PM
I chose Leila. R. Galicia...because Leila is a loosely based anagram of my mothers name. R is for Rosario, a symbolism of my Catholic upbringing, and initial of my real name, and Galicia is a variation of my last name, the region of my origins.

respectfully,

Leila.R.Galicia

Jules73
06-23-2016, 03:36 PM
I tried several different ones before I settled on mine. I tried feminizing my first name and later my middle. I've always liked the way Julia sounded so I went with Jules since it works for both halves of my nature and brings it together and that make me smile. To some I'm Julia. To others I'm Julian. But to myself and those that know the real me I'm always Jules.

rockerreds
06-24-2016, 09:39 AM
Krista, suggested by Kristas Tippett and Tesreau.

cdveronica27
06-26-2016, 09:27 AM
I actually got my name from an episode of Boy Meets World. Veronica Wasboyski is the name that Shawn uses when he dresses as a girl.

Sissy_in_pink
07-06-2016, 06:54 PM
While I was young my mother took my brother and I to a movie called Thomasina, during the school holidays, it was about a cat.
On returning to school my teacher get each pupil up to tell the class what they had done during the break, when it was my turn I told them about the movie my mother had taken us to see.
What a mistake, as my real 1st and 2nd name is Ronald Thomas, I got called Rhonda Thomasina from that day on.

Ps; The movie was actually called "The Three Lives of Thomasina" a Walt Disney Production.

newtimenow
07-06-2016, 07:58 PM
Joannie is my name hi everyone

Lori_Lyn
07-11-2016, 07:26 AM
Hi I chose my name from a friend of my sisters while I was growing up who lived just across the street from us.

jenifere
07-11-2016, 12:59 PM
I chose Jennifer because I thought it sounded classy....Tend to smile when some Lady beside me answers to Jennifer...if they only new ....

Laurana
07-12-2016, 09:35 PM
Laurana is the short version of my daughters middle name. I've always liked that name so I adopted it as my own.

Samantha54
07-13-2016, 08:12 PM
I chose Samantha, because that was the name of a girl I worked with years and years ago and had a secret crush on her. I thought the fact that she was called Sam for short was so cool for casual reasons, Samantha sounded very sensuous to me.

Emma or Darren
07-14-2016, 07:39 AM
Ive met a few Emma's over the years and all were kind beautiful girls I also love the name has a sweet cute ring to it
Emma xx

realdesired
07-17-2016, 03:49 AM
Simmy (dolly)

Joan58
07-17-2016, 04:50 AM
Joan a one letter change from my male name. And the girls I know named Joan are smart and sexy , easy choice for me

ClaudineD
07-17-2016, 09:20 AM
Fun thread......named after my Aunt who was first one to embrace my female side, pushed me to the limits and not look back, took me on first teenage shoppping trip dressed at 16 to NYC and still a robust wonan at 89yrs....

Michelle1972
07-19-2016, 10:52 AM
Mike went to Michelle soooo...

Melissa McLachlan
07-19-2016, 05:33 PM
Nice to see I'm not the only one named after an aunt :)

Jeanettew
07-21-2016, 07:42 AM
Jeanette I chose as she is the wife of a good friend that I think is amazing so attractive ands has some lovely cloths

NickyCD
07-21-2016, 07:55 PM
I just went with my childhood name of "Nicky" just for this forum. Funny story, we got a new wifi router and I could not remember the password so I called my wife and she said it was still the default password which was "DynamicUnicorn" which I immediately informed her was my new drag queen name.

Terrafora
07-26-2016, 01:53 PM
I've been thinking about this for a while and decided to go with Amy.
Its apparently what I was going to be named if I were born a girl. ^^

Louise DK
07-26-2016, 03:10 PM
Untill recently I didnt have a name for my girly side. Actually that side of me has been in hiatus for 9 years until about 7 months ago. And it was only after comming out to my wife, that she suggested that I gave me a name, so we can use that when we talk about it.
So I thought about it for a couple of days, and I remembered this one girl from my class in school. There was really nothing special about her, other than she was always nice to everyone, I never heard a mean word escape her mouth. She was just a genuine sweet person. And her name was Louise. Hence the name Louise.

Louise.

Lillybear
07-27-2016, 01:47 PM
I went with Lilly because I think they're beautiful innocent and soft as I try to be I love my sissy name and dressing pretty although make-up is not my strong suit

Lana Mae
07-27-2016, 01:55 PM
Lily,
That is a pretty name!! As everyone here will tell you, practice, practice, practice!!! It is the answer for make up!! Hugs Lana Mae

Lillybear
07-27-2016, 02:16 PM
Thanks Lana is a pretty name as well:) And I've been watching YouTube videos I just have to find out what shades are right for me.

Desiree2bababe
07-27-2016, 03:00 PM
I debated between Loni and Desiree as I was a big fan of Loni Anderson and all those wonderful dresses she wore on WKRP. I went with Desiree mainly due to it literally has Desire in it and had a feminine quality to it.........my wife absolutely hates it.

Lillybear
07-27-2016, 03:44 PM
I think as long as you like it nobody else should matter on the subject I am single for a reason though I guess lol For me I feel tiny and more delicate and vulnerable when I'm called Lilly but not many people know about my feminine side...

rhonda-d
08-02-2016, 12:00 PM
I chose my female name in the late 1970s. I was in the library reading a book about crossdressing. It was written by a reporter and was like a book-long newspaper story. At one point the writer mentioned that the crossdressers she studied had all chosen female names. Up to that point it had never occurred to me to have a female name. Without any time to think about it the first name that came to my mind was Rhonda. I'm not sure why that name came to mind. I had met a girl named Rhonda a couple of years before, whom I thought was cute, but I never saw her again after the evening we met. Other than that I have no idea why that name came to mind. I decided that since genetic girls don't usually get to choose their names I would stick with it. Now I love it when I get a chance to say "my name is Rhonda."

blackstkngs
08-02-2016, 12:08 PM
My name is Alison... with one "L". lol

brenda girl
08-02-2016, 12:40 PM
my name is brenda, i just liked the name

- - - Updated - - -

Hi i am brenda

kendracd
08-02-2016, 12:48 PM
well my name is Ken so I just feminized to Kendra,lol I even thought up a gurly last name of Lace, Kendra Lace..yea sounds like a porn name but I like it:o

brenda girl
08-02-2016, 12:52 PM
as long as you like the name

Curiouser&Curiouser
08-02-2016, 01:31 PM
... the default password which was "DynamicUnicorn" which I immediately informed her was my new drag queen name.

:rofl2:

For me, I am a gamer, and when Fallout 4 came out my wife and I created a fem character together. It was someone we both liked - the way she looked, anyway, and the name we came up with was Sandra. I've always liked names that end in "dra" - it is soft and feminine to me - approachable. Creating that character was such an interesting and affirming experience that as soon as I started down this path it was the first name that came to mind.

Ashleyashes
08-04-2016, 04:56 AM
Ashley :) It has always been a favorite name for me. I always remembered Ashleys to be really pretty. Also it was the name of my first GF so it is sort of a tribute to her lol.

xdawnxo
08-09-2016, 02:33 PM
For me well... My first name is pretty boring so I looked at my middle name and came up with Alexa and I fell in love with it! And I also love the meaning of the name :D

MartineCD
08-10-2016, 07:59 AM
My story is not a happy one so please feel free to skip. As a young boy I was the tallest in my class. I was also very quiet and softly spoken. This brought me a certain amount of abuse. When I wouldn't be goaded into a fight I was laughed at and called Martine.

Now that I'm older and stronger I've decided to keep the name and move forward more positively.

Apologies for bringing the mood down but it has been very cathartic for me.

M x

shellybme
08-10-2016, 02:49 PM
I choose Shelly because it is very feminine. Also, there was this beautiful girlfriend of mine named Michelle and everyone called her Shelly. I thought it was so cute and wanted that for myself.

CassandraRae
08-10-2016, 03:00 PM
Cassandra was cursed with the ability to tell the future but nobody would believe her. I think of her when I want to say 'I told you so', again, to my kids.
Rae is the middle name of an old girlfriend who's figure I admired for more than one reason.

Ms.Julie
08-13-2016, 06:18 PM
I've always liked the name Julie. Plus, my first major crush was in high school on a girl named Julie.

Bye,
Juile

jen_ross
08-15-2016, 09:54 PM
I guess I just like the name Jennifer. It's feminine enough but not over the top, and I can be more formal and be Jennifer or less formal and be just Jen. Actually quite a lot like my other name, in the sense that the formal version went on my diplomas, resume, etc. but anyone who knows me calls me the short version. I like chatting online with the sales people on department stores when I am buying makeup, and most of them ask for a name. Sort of spontaneously entered Jen, and when I decided to sign up here I stuck with it. I tend to overthink things, but not this time.

Jamie Erikson
08-16-2016, 01:38 PM
I used my two male middle names to make my female name.

SamanthaDarling120
08-17-2016, 12:09 AM
My name is Samantha. I just always thought it was such a pretty name. My girlfriends name is Samantha but I used this as my female name before I met her. I used to use the name Ashley. I don't remember why or it when I changed it. I really like the name Arianna though. I don't want to keep changing names but I'm considering Arianna as my name.

Amanda Katharine
08-19-2016, 12:09 AM
My original name was inspired by Miss Elizabeth Hulette who was a wrestling manager in the 80's and 90's. She was most famous for being the manager and real life wife of Macho Man Randy Savage.

I'm going to change my name on the site as well but my new name is Amanda because I really like the name. It's very femme sounding and I've known a couple of Amanda's that were sweet.

michiganjenn
08-19-2016, 12:49 PM
glad i am not the only one that likes Jenn/Jennifer :)

Wierd Matty Makinen
08-19-2016, 10:24 PM
When I was very young I used to dislike the name I was born with, "Matt," but as time went on and I watched cartoons with cool and interesting characters with the same name, I grew to like it very much. And though it is quite common [I've had a hell of a time sorting out myself and the two dozen other "Matts" at my college to the personnel], I also see it as one that is very androgynous, encompassing both masculine and feminine powers. Matt is Matty, and Matty is Matt; it might not be extraordinarily imaginative, to have both of my Selves named virtually identically, but it just feels right to me, and it makes me happy.

tvmelissa
08-23-2016, 10:41 AM
No particular reason why I went with Melissa Anne.

TaniaR
08-23-2016, 03:58 PM
Tania just feels right to me.

The final R is the first letter of my surname yet when I explore my feelings about why Tania is right, images of a Tatiana arise; pictures of an old Russian winter where I'm all dressed up from the cold. I feel that my dressing is keeping out the cold of the life I don't want whilst wearing the clothes which retain the warmth of my personally preferred better lifestyle of dressing as a woman.

Tania

DIANEF
08-25-2016, 04:58 AM
I use the name DIANE and have a rarely used surname of Fischer (hence DIANEF) The name comes mainly from a girl I used to know, who I thought was really nice looking, and also from a sitcom actress I admired greatly in my youth. also gorgeous, (Diane Keen, probably unknown in the US but UK members of a certain age may know her...)