PDA

View Full Version : Ears pierced

s.e.al
11-17-2015, 06:57 PM
Just coam back from getting my ears pierced. I know thats not a big thing for some of u but it was for me, and I know I'll catch a lot of crap at work tomorrow but I don't really care Ilike it and my wife was with me and she likes ti too.

Lauri K
11-17-2015, 07:32 PM
Congratulations on reaching the ear piercing milestone on this long journey with a supportive wife, I have this same thing on my agenda to get my ears pierced over the holiday break.

You may be surprised at how few people at work will even notice or if they do will not comment. I have no idea what type of work environment you are in, so let us know any comments you get.

For me I am trying to dodge all the endless comments from family members over turkey day so that is my excuse for the delay, as for co-workers they are no better than I am and had better keep their opinions to a minimum or else the big guns from behind the double glass doors could get called upon

s.e.al
11-17-2015, 07:39 PM
Thank You

heatherdress
11-17-2015, 08:06 PM
You like them pierced. You wife does too. That is all that matters. Congratulations.

Acastina
11-17-2015, 08:15 PM
You will love it. It not only opens up the whole world of styles beyond clip-on, but it's one of those little signifiers that helps tilt the pass/blend balance. I had mine done 30 years ago. A couple of tips:

If the little stent stud they put in starts to get inflamed, just remove it, dip it in Neosporin/Polysporin or similar antibacterial ointment and put it right back in. This also works wonders anytime a little infection gets going there.

To minimize the somewhat obvious hole in your earlobes for boy mode after having earrings in, just squeeze the lobe a bit to close it back down a bit.

Now, get to shopping for dangly things.

kittie60
11-17-2015, 08:16 PM
Good..for you. My wife suggested.I should get mine done and even helped.pick them out. Have to ho back and get a second set done sometime

chelyann
11-17-2015, 08:32 PM
way to go :) , you wont have as much grief as you think .

BLUE ORCHID
11-17-2015, 08:50 PM
Hi S.E.A.l L :hugs:, I Pierced my ears on 03/14/15 I put double studs in each ear then on 05/12/15 I put a third stud in each ear.
I now wear three Diamonds in each ear 3/16" top, 7/32" middle & 1/4" Bottom , No one really seams to cares or has an opinion
one way or the other, Most comments are always positive.

If someone says something about them I just look them in the eye and say, "Is this going to be a problem for you ?? "
that really takes all the wind out of their sails.

I am now in the progress of converting all of the pierced earrings that I made clip-ons back to pierced.

I may not be done yet, I have some thoughts about nipple piercing, I don't know how that's going to go over with my:love:wife. ...:daydreaming:...

Anne K
11-17-2015, 09:27 PM
If anyone says anything about my pierced ears, I just point out that I'm a musician. That ends the discussion! It's all about attitude. 😎 Waiting for a couple pearl studs.

Eryn
11-17-2015, 10:42 PM
Congratulations! Give them time to heal and you'll love the results!

If anyone gives you flak, just tell them "my wife loves them, nudge, nudge!"

rachel_rachel
11-18-2015, 12:53 AM
I'm getting my doubles re done. Then I'll put diamonds in there when they've healed.

Tracii G
11-18-2015, 01:37 AM
Lots of guys do it don't worry about the guys at work.

Persephone
11-18-2015, 02:12 AM
Congratulations! That is a big step and you have ever reason to be pleased.

Hugs,
Persephone.

KiwiKate
11-18-2015, 03:17 AM
Good for you! It is an important milestone, a few months ago I would have been too worried about what people might say, so I know how much of a big step it can be .I love having my ears peirced.No one at work has said much and at the moment I have to large hoops and a smiley face stud in each ear.I went without them one day and I was surprised how much I missed them.And just think of all the lovely earrings you can wear once they have healed!

Cheryl_Layton
11-18-2015, 04:57 AM
Well done. I certainly feel more feminine when wearing my earrings.

Let us know what, if any, crap you did receive. It will be interesting to know if your your fears were justified or not. Plus it may help others who may be considering having their ears pierced.

Claire Cook
11-18-2015, 05:42 AM
Congratulations and .. well .. for me it WAS a big thing. Like the rest of us who have had it done, you're gonna love it ... especially when you start wearing dangly earrings. I wear studs often en drab and rarely get a negative comment -- sometimes compliments!

Candice June Lee
11-18-2015, 07:30 AM
Congratulations, Got mine in August. Thought i would catch flack too. Not a word had been said. Don't fret. And be sure to wait about 2 months or so before wearing any dangling ones.

pamela7
11-18-2015, 08:09 AM
congratulations, i've not been brave enough yet, but the idea is growing on me.

Krisi
11-18-2015, 09:10 AM
Well, I got a lot of flack. Kidding, nothing mean. I told them they were not earrings, they were cell phone antennas and they work really well. One of my friends mad a big deal of taking pictures of them at a birthday dinner in a restaurant so when it came tome for his birthday dinner, I made up a (fake) gift certificate for him to get his pierced in the mall and gave it to him in front of everyone.

BillieAnneJean
11-18-2015, 09:21 AM
I would LOVE to have pierced ears so I could just hang my earrings on them.

But my SO would probably blow up.

Since I care for her more than anything, I have developed a work around.

She is worth it.

SuzanneS
11-18-2015, 08:21 PM
I amazed at the ratio of posts that say they do not get flack for pierced ears compared to the posts that say they get flack for shaving legs.....

I would LOVE to have my ears pierced, but I wouldn't hear the end of it, I believe....and mostly from my family and friends. The girlfriend would wonder, but would probably let it go.

Suzanne

Rosalinda
11-18-2015, 08:48 PM
I got my ears pierced just before Halloween this year and if anyone asked I just told them that I threatened my granddaughter that if she got a tattoo that I would get my ears pierced. She forgot to cover her tattoo when I visited her, so I had to make good and keep my word. Still have the studs in, can't wait to get some nice hoops.:)
Rosalind

Genny B
11-18-2015, 09:40 PM
Waiting to hear how it went at work...
Congratulations!

Genny B

leannejacobs
11-19-2015, 05:44 AM
I'm fortunate enough to have had my ears pierced since I was 15, 3 in left and 2 in right, it was the norm when I was that age, they never healed over, never wore earrings for years and can still use them all if I like

Denise1951
11-19-2015, 06:07 AM
I had mine done about a year ago. In that year only ONE person has commented on it. So be happy !!! ... Wish I had done it years ago.

Barbara Jo
11-19-2015, 01:16 PM
Pierced ears for a male has become mainstream and a non issue..
Even the most manly men pierce their ears these days.
Yes, a very few might possibly question you about it but, you should just answer that you pierced then simply because you wanted to and, move on about it.

Personally, when I got mine pieced about 10 years ago, I just got two questions, both from co workers in a blue collar environment.
One was from a good friend who simply asked if it hurt to have ears pierced. I told him no.... even little children get their ears pierced and that was the end of it
The other question was a from a lady friend who very playfully asked if there was anything else that i got pierced. :)

BTW, I would recommend that you just wear small studs when in male mode. I wear 3mm CZ studs.
I haves seen some (masculine ) males wear small hoops in male mode and it just looks "funny"... for lack of a better term.

Cheryl T
11-19-2015, 02:04 PM
You might be surprised at how little "crap" you get at work.
Even if someone says something it'll be for a day or two and then they will find someone/something else to make fun of.

s.e.al
11-19-2015, 05:17 PM
Jus want to thank eveyone of u for youf comments and to let ya'll know that to my surprise only 1 person said anything and he did did not say anything out of the way.