PDA

View Full Version : Innocuous car

kelseygal
11-17-2015, 07:56 PM
ok so it's not working for me to be out dressed in my truck lol, gets way too much attention!! I about died... It is my first time in public, went to the bank and got to gender therapist early and sitting in truck parked outside, when I start hearing chit chatter about my setup... It is a cool offroad rig, and manly as all get out. Needless to say I ended up talking to the guys about my rooftop tent setup from the window... What sucked is when the one dude said by he said 'thanks man'. Ugh!!!!

Acastina
11-17-2015, 08:20 PM
Not a lot of us think about things like that until it happens. Especially if you're in a smaller community or drive something really over the top. If I could afford it, I'd keep a stealth car for outings, a plain-vanilla Corolla or something that looks like countless other cars (and like something a woman would drive). The burdens we bear...

Eryn
11-17-2015, 09:52 PM
Yes, it happens to me too. My daily driver is a very recognizable 44-year-old classic, the only one in my town. Not much opportunity to hide, either, as those older cars put the driver in what is essentially a tall glass display case! I still take it once a week to therapy, but other than that we drive Mimi's more modern car.

TrishaTX
11-17-2015, 10:07 PM
I find you just need to be you!

Hell on Heels
11-17-2015, 10:10 PM
Hell-o Rockhyde,
I drive a pretty recognizable truck myself, and am always a bit worried
when out driving. I'm sure I've passed a neighbor, or someone I know, on the road before.
So far no one has asked "who was that driving your truck the other day?"
Another drawback is finding a parking spot that it will fit into. They are usually
A lot further away from wherever I'm wanting to go. Which means a lot longer of a walk across that
parking lot, or down a sidewalk.
Oh well.... When your out there, ya gotta own it! No one really cares anyway.

That "thanks man" remark sucks, lucky for you, you were on your way to the therapist!
Much Love,
Kristyn

kelseygal
11-17-2015, 10:37 PM
I figured there would be more in the same boat... Well, car. Once I have the talk with my wife, i will try and borrow her mazdaspeed3 since it looks pretty benign. Kristyn, looks like you are local :wave: I'm in the South Bay.

Robin414
11-17-2015, 11:09 PM
Ahh, the old out(ed) in the car dilemma! I drive a pretty noticeable sports car in the summer but it has run flats on it, at least if I get a flat I can always play my favorite tune while out "locking the doors... rolling up the windows... driving away at break neck speed!" 😛

I could totally rock a jacked up 4x4 with dual stacks and lift kit though...I'd just tape up the oh so classy 'truck nuts' under the bumper so they don't show, stick some 'eye lashes' on the head lights, and stick on some big rear fenders to widen the rear end (it works for me 😉 )

Dana L
11-18-2015, 01:31 AM
Have the same problem here. I've got my 1 ton diesel truck, although it's pretty inconspicuous, but not very girly. I also have two other cars that everyone in town know it's me. So if I go out it's either in my wife's cuv or my daughter's car when she's away at school. Got to have a generic girls night out car!

Krisi
11-18-2015, 09:25 AM
That is something you might consider the next time you buy a vehicle. Unique vehicles (or personalized tags) don't go well with crossdressing on the sly. Buy a generic Toyota or Chevy. Beige.

Karen RHT
11-18-2015, 10:14 AM
Funny how important things in our lives can inadvertently conflict. When I bought a new car this spring, I didn't really think about how few of that particular model, in that particular colour, exist in these parts. The car might draw the attention of the odd person due to those facts, but it's not a particularly sexy, sporty, unique, or macho model. I really like the car, so if it becomes an "identifier" guess I'll just have to "own it."

Gotta agree with Krisi about the personalized plates though, no sense in advertising unless you want attention. Well either that, or simply don't give a damn. :devil:

Karen

Beverley Sims
11-18-2015, 10:23 AM
I have both a 4x4 and a wagon.

Both could present as all male but this chick drives them too. :-)

JoanAz
11-18-2015, 10:30 AM
SO ! riding on my Honda Goldwing is a stand out thing,, I am just Glad it is not a Harley ....

Lorileah
11-18-2015, 10:40 AM
Bumper sticker here in Colorado "Silly boys, trucks are for girls." You would be amazed how many ranch wives or wives/GFs of offroaders there are here. Maybe not in El Lay but I bet there are many in Dallas

Karren H
11-18-2015, 10:48 AM
Personally I love my 03 Ford Ranger FX4/Level II. I can rock it enfemme! Some states women with 4wd trucked are revered and highly sought after. . Maybe so much so as to overlook the fact they aren't genetic women! Lol

vicky_cd99_2
11-18-2015, 11:26 AM
I drive a 3/4 ton diesel. It is not the most girlish vehicle but I see a lot of girls driving pickups here.

JocelynJames
11-18-2015, 11:29 AM
No worries here, a little slouching in my v6 RAV4 and I could maybe be just another soccer mom

Danielle_cder
11-18-2015, 11:40 AM
Bumper sticker here in Colorado "Silly boys, trucks are for girls." You would be amazed how many ranch wives or wives/GFs of offroaders there are here. Maybe not in El Lay but I bet there are many in Dallas

Bingo there are tons of rock crawler girls here! My jeep sits on 1 tons n 40's :daydreaming:

Eryn
11-18-2015, 01:44 PM
Maybe not in El Lay but I bet there are many in Dallas

No, there are quite a few people driving around the mean streets of L.A. in jacked-up 4x4s and Hummers. It's almost a cliche that an H2 will be driven by a blonde soccer mom.

Now if those folks driving condos could just learn to park! :brolleyes:

JillSierra
11-18-2015, 02:07 PM
I luv my Ford FX4 but I admit I was more comfortable out in my old Accord when dressed. Maybe I'll feel more comfortable in my '66 Chevelle???? vrroomm

Meghan4now
11-18-2015, 02:24 PM
I love being a blonde in a red truck. As long as I obey traffic laws and practice courteous and defensive driving, my truck is quit innocuous. The fact that there are at least a few of the same model and color about, and I removed the company name from the windshield, it is now even fairly Inconspicuous too, which keeps my secret one day longer!

Sharon B.
11-18-2015, 04:12 PM
I'm in the same boat so to speak, my primary vehicle is a super cab 3/4 ton pickup truck. That is the main reason I don't go out as much as I would like to. It is the reason I don't don't go to support meeting as it is hard to find a parking space.

SHINY-J
11-18-2015, 04:50 PM
Tinted windows anyone? Obviously, it doesn't completely disguise you, especially if it's sunny and they're next to you at a stoplight... But even on the brightest day, nobody could really see you clearly if you were more than 20 feet away. And at night, you'll be almost completely indistguishable to everyone.

maggiepat
11-18-2015, 07:16 PM
Lol! Love your sense of humor Karren!

Jacqueline StGermain
11-18-2015, 07:28 PM
My work truck has a custom rack so it is hard to mistake for another, I drive all over and not uncommon to see someone I know,
Few years ago I was living @ 4 hours from my SO, and picked up a little 2 seater from my neighbor to " commute ", my SO thought it was such a girl car, she got me a "Chicks Rule" key fob.

Dee Baker
11-18-2015, 08:16 PM
Please tell me we don't need a special vehicle in addition to the clothes. This hobby is getting so expensive!

BLUE ORCHID
11-18-2015, 09:11 PM
Hi Rockhyde:hugs:, How about a white van with orange ladders on the top rack...:daydreaming:...

AprilMayy<3
11-18-2015, 09:55 PM
My old Honda Del Sol had a big ol exhaust on it, very loud and very recognizable haha. Once that Del Sol was lost, I got another one. Now, I'm the "drives a red Del Sol" guy in my area(doesn't help I go to car meets). So driving and dressing isn't an option for me! :tongueout

Lily Catherine
11-18-2015, 10:00 PM
A generic vehicle would be in the best interests of the so-called 'tactical crossdresser', as it'd form part of the camouflage. I've only given thought to this, way after owning the 3rd most generic car (a Nissan) in this city. Driving and dressing is also a massive no go for me mostly because of police issues.

Taragirl427
11-18-2015, 10:31 PM
Unfortunately I have a very distinct and attention attracting car. For some reason it never occurred to me that it would attract so much attention when I bought it. So if anyone saw a chick driving it, and knew me, the jig would definitely be up. That said, I have still driven it while dressed. I didn't really care. I have been thinking about getting another, less conspicuous, car to commute with and I have definitely had my eye on some more common female models to solve this problem.

lingerieLiz
11-18-2015, 10:47 PM
Trucks aren't a problem in many parts of the country.

Many years ago I had a very splashy sports car that was lower than most domestic cars. It was summer time and hot so I flipped off my wig between towns. As I was driving through the next town I didn't put it back on. Being hot I had pulled my dark skirt up and my pretty yellow lace slip was sticking out. As I was making a curve on the inside I noticed that all the occupants in the car to the right were straining to look at me. It took me a split second to yank the skirt down and drop back so they were not next to me. After I did that I realized no one in that town had any idea who I was, but I bet they talked about it for awhile.

Robin414
11-18-2015, 11:11 PM
As I think about it, if you're way over the top (like Bently, Ferrari, or ridiculously jacked up 4x4) and you're seen driving it en femme you might be taken for 'his' mistress? Yikes, awkward...

Wife: OMG, the neighbors told me your a cross dresser, that's like sooo icky! 😠
You: Heck no, that was just my girlfriend borrowing my truck! 😉
Wife: Phew, that's a relief! ☺

SHINY-J
11-18-2015, 11:14 PM
Is anyone else here like me in that you've actually owned a conversion van? I know many hear that and "free candy and hugs" comes to mind! Lol

When I went out for my femme walks, it was always stressful for me to try to find a way to sneak from my front door to my car without neighbors seeing me dressed. I could only do that if it was around 3am on a weekday... That didn't mix well with a regular 9-5 work schedule. The alternative was being partially underdressed and wearing baggy hoodies and sweatpants with my femme clothes underneath and having a duffle bag packed full with my forms, wig, boots, etc in it getting smashed together, scratched, etc... Doing that got me from my house to my car no problem, but then I was always trying to finish getting dressed within the confines of my cramped car and trying to put makeup and a wig on and styling it using only the dome light and the vanity mirror in the pull down visor. My other car at the time was a 2 seat sports car. Very cramped, very tight, not pleasant for getting dressed in.

I don't have the it anymore, but I actually bought a nice used conversion van for 3000 dollars awhile back as a 2nd vehicle. Of course, I used it for camping, tailgating, etc. But, after seeing the interior, the very first thing that popped into my head was how fantastic it would be for when I dressed! It was cheap... It didn't stand out.... There was an incredible amount of room on the inside! Yes, conversion vans have lots of windows, but they all have actual blinds or curtains that close completely and block all visibility! I found a place online that made pull curtains for the front windshields of RVs that slid around to cover the windshield and the driver and passenger side windows. Once those were closed, not only were there are countless dome and reading lights that you could turn on, but there was also mood lighting along the footwells, floorboard, and all across the ceiling all around! When they were all on, it was lit up like Times Square! I could also turn on the custom stereo set up in the back and play music while I got ready. It even had a small tv. I could've watched a movie while I was getting ready, but it was a VHS lol. It was an old van- what can I say?

It's not like I could stand up or anything, but it was significantly easier to dress and style myself. With all of the extra space, I was able to bring along a nice sized mirror and much more makeup, shoes, wigs, etc. In fact, I ended up using it as the place I kept many of my femme clothes and supplies most of the time. Especially if I was going to have company in town. It had 2 captains chairs and a large bench seat in the back that also folded down flat into a bed or it could be taken out completely. Regardless, I felt like I was in the center of a football stadium compared to getting dressed and ready in my little sports car.

I ended up moving with work and the place I was moving to only had a 1 car garage. I was fine parking it outside as it was just a second car for fun, but there was a rash of car break-ins that happened steadily for a few weeks and I got tired of not being able to store my clothes in it the way I used to for fear of it getting stolen. I ended up having to take them to and from the car each and every time I wanted to go out. I could just imagine the police calling me to tell me they found my car only to find panties, bras, heels, etc.. Strewn about all over.

I kept it for a few more months, as the lack of storage wasn't a deal breaker, but then it started to have some engine trouble so I ended up selling it. Still, I had it for well over 2 years and I can tell you that it was some of the best money I've ever spent. Obviously, on here, I've focused on how much easier and more fun it made my dressing, but it was also a blast when I used it to go camping, fishing, hiking, skiing, tailgating,etc... When you've car camped as long as I have, trying to fit everything you'll need and a couple of dogs inside a small car, the space in that van was amazing. It was great to beagle to take 5 or 6 of us to a football game and still have mouth room to easily pack a couple of coolers filled with beer, a grill, and plenty of food for tailgating.

At any rate, if anyone here has the extra cash and space for one and gets the chance to pick a nice used one up, I highly recommend it.

leannejacobs
11-19-2015, 06:05 AM
I dive a VW camper van and regularly do a 400mile round trip, it's fantastic for getting dressed in, I've had it for 5 years and it's a keeper for sure

Nikki A.
11-19-2015, 11:32 PM
A generic beige Malibu for me.

Bria
11-20-2015, 11:57 AM
I have looked at other car going down the road and at stops, I can't see most of the drivers to tell if the are m or f. Tinted window these days make it almost impossible. My normal every day driver is an Alfa sedan, the only other one in my town is my wife's. I figure that most people don't know who owns that car that we don't know the name of.

Hugs, Bria

rachellegsep
11-20-2015, 03:37 PM
2 instantly recognisable bikes and a Toyota panel van. For Rachelle mode I use my wifes merc station wagon.

Dana44
11-20-2015, 04:08 PM
I and my SO only have pickups. Mine is a dodge ram 4x4 diesel and a totota highlux 4x4 pickup. She has a gmc and we usually go out in that or the ram. My ram has a pipe carrier over the bed and the pipes are quite noticeable. But so what. The windows are dark and the truck is high so they only see you when you get out.

LydiaL
11-21-2015, 04:30 AM
Use to have a 2 seat Mazda Miata. Suitable for both guy and gal expressions. Needed more room, so currently drive an Infinity Coupe AWD. Think that it works for both guys and gals, as well. My other ride is a Jeep Cherokee 4x4, lifted, bigger tires, HD accessories. Do not drive that one dressed. Would be afraid to tear my stockings, plus no way to climb in gracefully while wearing a mini skirt! :o

Stephj
11-21-2015, 04:48 AM
Mine is a 2009 yellow Mini Cooper the other one is a2015 HD soft tail slim