PDA

View Full Version : Where's the hidden camera ?

Teresa
11-18-2015, 11:38 AM
I haven't stopped laughing yet at what happened yesterday, I hope it makes a few others smile ! I mentioned recently that my gender counsellor sent me some of her clothes to encourage me to go out to a social evening, among them is an orange ASOS dress made from an elasticated cotton material, it does fit it made my eyes pop when I looked in the mirror but I'm determined to wear it for a night out.

Problem is suitable shoes, I found some chocolate brown snakeskin heels from NEXT , set off twelve miles to the shopping centre only to find they would have to be ordered. Unusually they do them in a wide fit, I sometimes struggle with normal fit so I asked for the wide ones. The text came through to say they had arrived, I picked them and was nearly out the door when I thought I'd better try them, they were huge so ask for normal fit replacements. Text came and off I went , a really pretty coloured girl sorted the order and suggested I should try them and thought I might need somewhere out of sight. I told her I was happy in the ladies shoe section and slipped them on. She couldn't see me from over the counter but still asked if they were OK, without answering I walked into her view , held up my trousers to reveal the heels in stocking feet and replied they're fine . She looked, cried " OH my God look at you " and started to giggle. She then called another SA over and had the same response, the first one then asked what was I going to wear with them, so I described the dress she said "no way !" the second SA then started to look around her , she genuinely thought it was a Candid Camera stunt and was looking for the camera, all she kept saying was when she looked at the shoes , " I don't get it !" The first SA then had to spell it out that I was a CDer. By this time a more senior SA came to see what all the fuss was about, she was the one who took the original order, she was so taken how they looked that she started to go off to fetch her smart phone to take a picture, I said no way ! I did promise them one when I got it all together. I couldn't help thanking all three for being such good sports , they were all amazed that I could walk in heels and as I left I heard one say, " I'd like to see my dad try that one !

Andrea2656
11-18-2015, 12:26 PM
Teresa,

Good story, it is really nice when there are supportive SAs. Others have posted that a SA only wants to make a sale. But that does not mean they are going to be supportive!

Carole
11-18-2015, 12:30 PM
Nice one Teresa, I'm sure you're looking forward to your Next visit. Also have a look at the New Look site.

Beverley Sims
11-18-2015, 12:42 PM
Teresa,
I see you slowly blossoming out.

All the best may the rest be easier for you.

Alice Torn
11-18-2015, 12:47 PM
Fun experience! That always makes a cd day! I do wonder if male SA's would be so fun, though!! If they want the store to make sales, they better.

Christie ann
11-18-2015, 05:54 PM
I figured you were talking about the ubiquitous cctv cameras. I was going to answer your question about where the camera was by saying they are everywhere.

Ally 2112
11-18-2015, 06:19 PM
No cameras just you getting out there and doing your thing Teresa good for you !

Rachelakld
11-18-2015, 10:15 PM
4 happy people, what a great way to experience life :)

Jilmac
11-18-2015, 10:35 PM
A great story Teresa. I too have been told by several GGs that I walk better in heels than they do. Perhaps it's because we have to try harder than the average GG.

Teresa
11-19-2015, 01:51 AM
Christie,
The UK had a program on TV called Candid Camera where they did set the public up. A more recent version actually had a set up where a guy was trying on heels in a store, maybe the SA remembered that program.
Tell you truth I'd forgotten about the instore CCTV so yes I'm poosibly on their Candid Camera

deebra
11-19-2015, 08:55 AM
I DISAGREE, the SA's should not have laughed and been professional; this could have been very embarrassing for any customer to be laughed at. Recently at Payless when trying on heels the first SA was very nice but within a minute she had told her assistant and she had to come over and take a look and just couldn't hold back a laugh. VERY Poor Taste. As all women wear men's clothes maybe we should make fun of them.

BLUE ORCHID
11-19-2015, 09:05 AM
Hi Teresa :hugs: , That was a great story, The SA's at my Payless all know me it's great.

It sounds like your life has kind of settled down a bit, Have a great day.~~...:daydreaming:...

Teresa
11-19-2015, 10:56 AM
Deebra,
I didn't have a problem with their reaction the real humour was between the first SA and me trying to convince the second SA that it wasn't a Candid Camera wind up ! I wasn't embarrassed or offended in any way, yes there were customers about at the time most went about their business but it did put a smile on their faces.
I didn't intentionally create the situation but I chose not to back off from it either , I'd like to think I may have helped a CDers cause and they will treat the next one with the same accepting attitude, especially if he struggles with his first time buying shoes.

Carmen
11-19-2015, 01:52 PM
I had bought 3 dresses and on my way out the theft alarm was triggered. I returned to the counter and the SA said she missed an inside tag and we proceeded to pull out my dresses for all to see!
I had absolutely no problem with this 'exposure' and we eventually found the hidden tag. People in line were observing all this and I was oblivious to their stares, namely because I was in a hurry.
The SA was courteous and friendly.

Chriscrossed
11-19-2015, 05:21 PM
I couldn't help thanking all three for being such good sports , they were all amazed that I could walk in heels and as I left I heard one say, " I'd like to see my dad try that one !

You wrote a brilliant story Teresa and it has a great kicker at the end for all us "dads".

Thanks for sharing & please post pics with the dress. :)
Chris Crossed.