PDA

View Full Version : First Time Wearing High Heels?

Diedre
11-18-2015, 02:18 PM
Just curious. I have read and seen pictures of guys wearing heels for the first time and the troubles they have adjusting so as not to stumble.

What was your first experience? When I first started dressing in my early teens I took to wearing 2" and up like a duck to water.

Was anyone else a natural?

MissDanielle
11-18-2015, 02:28 PM
All I ever wore were 2 inch pumps but I don't recall struggling to walk in them.

RADER
11-18-2015, 02:29 PM
I have tried many times; I even borrowed my wife's walker to help me.
Just no luck at all. My ankle just does not want to bend so much, But I
do have a pair of flats and a pair of 1 1/2"
I can walk in those for a short time.
Rader

Maria in heels
11-18-2015, 02:37 PM
When I was little, my stepmother had these beautiful pair of platform black pumps with a 4 inch block heel....thats where it all began

Karren H
11-18-2015, 02:43 PM
Think I was like 3. Lol. At least that's what mom told me. Apparently I didn't have any problems because later on in life when I started buying my own, I took off running and never looked back. I attribute it to decades of playing ice hockey building up my ankle muscles.

Tara Rushing
11-18-2015, 03:07 PM
Although I am no graceful swan in heels, I didn't really bobble or fall. I guess it helps that I've worn Cowboy boots for so long (of course they have a heel but not 4" LOL) and had the basic heel to toe motion down beforehand.

Cheryl T
11-18-2015, 03:24 PM
I first wore my mom's (about 3") when I was like 9 and looked like all the videos you see of little girls dressing in their mom's clothes. I tottered and teetered all over. Then in my teens I bought my own first pair of 3" pumps and they felt like flats to me. It was riding a bike, I just never forgot how...

kittie60
11-18-2015, 03:50 PM
Never had a problem when I first started. I bought a pair of 3" strappy sandals and that was.it

AnnaMarie
11-18-2015, 04:00 PM
Never have a problem and I like high ones (see my profile pic). Found the easiest way to balance is to sway the hips when you walk - it does help!

~Joanne~
11-18-2015, 04:01 PM
I would say wearing heels came natural to me, almost borderline scary natural lol. I may not be totally graceful in them due to hip movement differs between the male and female body but i never really wobble in them and I have never fallen in them.

Crissy Kay
11-18-2015, 04:04 PM
I picked up a pair, I think they were 2 inches, at a thrift store. This was when I first started dressing. I had no problems at all. Being used, may have made them easier to get used to.

Jaylyn
11-18-2015, 04:29 PM
Use to wobble around in moms when I was a child. I have never had a problem wearing them. I also grew up in tall heeled bronc riding boots. I now have a pair of Six inch, and Four inch heels. I really think it's all about getting the calves in shape and the ankles stretching a bit. I do the elliptical almost daily and have begun to do it on the balls of my feet. I've found this strengthens the calf, heel and ankle. I can almost run in my heels like "Charlie's Angels" used to... Well maybe not as graceful....

SHINY-J
11-18-2015, 04:44 PM
I took to wearing heels very quickly. I didn't start low and work my way up either... I started with platform heels and boots right away! I don't own any ladies footwear that aren't high heeled platforms and never have.

Tina_gm
11-18-2015, 04:47 PM
I think that a lot of guys who wear heels and are not CDers, For a joke, dare, hh race and look like it is the hardest thing to do, are acting out on this a bit. Not saying I was really good at it when I 1st wore them, but I do not remember being so awkward that I had a hard time standing up.

Tara Rushing
11-18-2015, 04:50 PM
Perhaps part of our "natural ability" (as it seems the theme of the thread) has to do with the fact that we had all probably rehearsed/envisioned/fantasized about it well before we did it and probably many times at that. In sports visualization is a powerful performance technique so it probably applies on some level here.

Allison_CD
11-18-2015, 05:00 PM
Have had my sexy Red 5.25 for about 2 months and can barely walk across the room.
Gals make it look so easy. OK in my 2 inch heels.

Julie Denier
11-18-2015, 05:21 PM
I started clomping around in my mom's shoes as a tot. When I started crossdressing seriously decades later (about 5 years ago), I took to heels pretty well and have no problems walking in heels up to about 3 inches, maybe 4 if the shoe is well constructed and well balanced.

Gypsy Sam
11-18-2015, 05:40 PM
Just the fact that they look so sexy, and when trying them on the heightened sexuality of wearing them triggers a arousal. Navigating in heels becomes a blend of desire to sexy, and liking what the reflection in the mirror does for a female presentation. Still learning how to descend stairs in 3" mules, but sure do enjoy strutting across a room.

Christie ann
11-18-2015, 05:51 PM
I remember slipping on the tile floor in the grocery store. So much for being subtle.

Erica Marie
11-18-2015, 06:22 PM
Odd, I commented to a friend just the other day how natural it is for me to walk in heels. 2", 3", 4" honestly doesnt matter. Almost like a sign from above.

Allison2006
11-18-2015, 06:56 PM
The first heels I ever wore were a pair of my sisters wedge sandals, when i was about 16. I think they were 3-4 inches and never had trouble walking in them, although wedges aren't as difficult as other heels. Never had trouble with other heels either though, and its rare that I buy a pair with less than 4 inches.

Lily Catherine
11-18-2015, 08:02 PM
I was in secondary school at the time, and still presenting as a boy in a dress. The heels were my mother's, and I could still somewhat fit into them. I walked much slower than I usually do, and it was more awkward than anything.

Fast forward to after graduating high school. A pair of unwanted stilettos from the storeroom were the highest I ever went. Still a little daunting wearing them, but posing in them (and stockings, and a mini skirt) was beyond sexy. Walking in them was still okay at least.

marshalynn
11-18-2015, 08:02 PM
I think walking in heels was easy for me, I remember wearing my mothers heels at about six years old, have been doing it for the past 66 years, heel heights are so different, heels with no platform are the hardest to walk in as the heel gets higher, 3 inch and under are very easy for most people to walk in, above that, it takes practice. the practice is just wearing the heels, not for 30 minutes, but for 8 hours or longer. Your calf has to a just to the new angle of your foot and this takes some time (practice) to get use to with out calf hurting. Platforms, subtract the height of platform from heel and you will get the real heel height. You have to wear heels very regularly to keep leg muscles from not hurting after a long night out. Marshalynn

BLUE ORCHID
11-18-2015, 09:16 PM
Hi Diedre:hugs:, At around age 4 I would get into my moms heels, and the rest is history.
Just like the GG's I learned at a very early age and after 69yrs. of walking in heels it's
just second nature to me, Dressing everyday and wearing 4" or 5" heels just seams so natural.~~...:daydreaming:...

Diane Smith
11-19-2015, 12:14 AM
I think the exaggerated tripping and stumbling when men first wear heels is largely a media trope, like the overused bullet ricochet sound or cars bursting into a ball of flames after they crash. People have seen it on screen every time a man tries on a pair of spikes ever since "Some Like It Hot," maybe before, and so film and TV directors (and often the subjects themselves) repeat it endlessly because it's just part of the cliche now. Actually, most people (male or female) do reasonably well in heels the first few minutes, after maybe a few awkward steps to get the feeling of them -- it's only after they've worn the shoes awhile and covered some distance in them that the long term aches and pains begin to affect the speed and grace of movement.

- Diane

Allison_CD
11-19-2015, 12:27 AM
Quote: "Actually, most people (male or female) do reasonably well in heels the first few minutes, after maybe a few awkward steps to get the feeling of them "

Oh really. Not me.

Kevyn53
11-19-2015, 01:22 AM
I haven't had trouble in heels, EXCEPT I found a pair in a second hand store that screamed take me home. I tried them on and the spike heels were off center just enough that nobody would ever stand in them and walk more than one step without twisting an ankle. They stayed in the store.

Jazzy Jaz
11-19-2015, 01:53 AM
I have been natural in heels since I first started wearing them at 11. I stole a few of my sisters pairs plus inherited several pairs over my younger years that were just kicking around. I've only ever worn heels that were 4-6 inches and now all of my heels I have bought.

Georgina
11-19-2015, 04:24 AM
Never had a problem walking in heels but I don't go any higher than 3 1/2".

sometimes_miss
11-19-2015, 07:17 AM
I guess it helps that I've worn Cowboy boots for so long (of course they have a heel but not 4" LOL) and had the basic heel to toe motion down beforehand.
^this. I also had boots with about a 2" heel, so going up a bit wasn't a problem. What was, was those spike heels. In high school years, the girl shoes styles were big chunky heels. Later on in life when they finally made heels in huge sizes, I wasn't ready for the stilleto heels. took a bit of getting used to.

deebra
11-19-2015, 08:12 AM
Men are no different than women when it comes to learning how to walk in heels, they both have feet, balance and brains and you train them by practice and walking in different types/heights of heels. Like sports the more you do it the better you get and then the brain, balance and feet all become one and it becomes very fluid and natural. YouTube has a video on how to walk in heels, one foot in front of the other and this gets the hips moving in that feminine gate. Once you get it you instantly adjust to 2, 3 or 4 inch heels or pumps and even with spiked heels. For me once you have worn 4 inch spikes it's hard to come down, they just feel so right and they give you that womanly feeling when walking in them. They push your butt out and look so good when wearing tight boot cut girl jeans with hose and bikini's under. As I've said before I enjoy going to the shoe stores, trying on heels and walking in them in the store, I get some smiles, nice comments on how well I walk in them and I love the reaction when the helpful SA looks down and sees me wearing hose, she then knows that I'm just one of the girls. Just wish wearing them in public would become accepted including our clothes. I do wear them in public under long boot cut jeans to conceal but from the waist down it's all female and I Like It !!

larry
11-19-2015, 08:22 AM
deebra,
I sure wish people would not teach me these things. I will now be thinking about trying this all the time. ( heels under jeans ) hehehe

Beverley Sims
11-19-2015, 08:36 AM
Most girls practice from about three to five and I am sure boys don't start wearing heels till they are six or seven.

Depends on whether mum wanted a girl or a boy I think. :-)

Michele14
11-19-2015, 08:40 AM
The first pair of heels I put on was 5 but looked like a new born calf walking for the first time, then I found 3 and that did the trick and so I brought them.

Krisi
11-19-2015, 08:44 AM
There are heels and there are HEELS. Some are much harder to walk in than others. I can walk OK in 3" pumps. Anything less than that or with a wider heel, I don't notice that I am wearing heels at all. I wear my 3" pumps much of the time at home and find that after a few minutes, it's not difficult. The key is to wear them until they feel natural. Kind of like with boobs.

Rhandi Spencer
11-19-2015, 01:55 PM
I bought my first pair of heels almost 3 months ago they are 3" pumps and I must say that I have to really think about how I walk in them.
I am afraid that I might fall and break an ankle. The issue I have is I do not get to wear them very often.

I have a photo somewhere in the forum of me wearing them.

Good luck

Randi

Scarlett Viktoria
11-19-2015, 01:55 PM
I first tried to walk in my wife's 3" heels. I'm very lucky I was a natural. I probably needed to fine tune the look of the walk, but I could stand up, balance, and walk just fine. I still get scared going down stairs though, lol.

Michelle 78
11-19-2015, 04:52 PM
I don't have a lot of natural talents, but walking in heels has been one of them as I took to them like a duck to water! Just as well because I love wearing them!!

Heelios
11-19-2015, 05:27 PM
I can't remember exactly but I don't remember struggling with them. I just remember thinking wow this is awesome and I want to do it forever!!

Ally 2112
11-19-2015, 05:36 PM
I have never had a problem with heels .I guess i am a natural ?

Charlyne
11-19-2015, 05:40 PM
Bought my first high heels at age maybe 55. Had no trouble. However I pretended to be awkward, dressing up for a girlfriend; the first person I came out to.

Lisa85
11-19-2015, 07:43 PM
I think the only ones who have difficulty are those with weak ankles. Walking has never been an issue, finally finding some that fit ok, that's a whole other thread

Angie G
11-19-2015, 08:18 PM
I'm a natural I alway walked like I was born with heels on.:hugs:
Angie

LydiaL
11-19-2015, 08:26 PM
Height of the heels is not so much a problem for me as the room available for my toes. Open toe heels/sandals work fine for me. Closed toes? I am dying in just a few minutes!

The other issue, stilettos. I slip and slide on the floor tile in my home and have put small dents in the wood floor. :sad:

suchacutie
11-19-2015, 08:43 PM
My first time was Halloween. So how was I dressed?

Darth Vadar!

So why did I need heels? Darth is tall!!!!

Payless had 3" heels for $5 and I wore them for 10 hours that day (2 parties). I thought I was just a natural, until I realized I was walking as Darth, not as a feminine being. When I got my first 6" heels I realized that if I continued to walk as a guy in those heels I was going to destroy my legs. That's when I did the research and understood the differences in gait and body movement. I paid attention to women in heels and then morphed to Tina, put on the heels, and it was great!!!

I've said in other threads that I quickly found that the motion of feminine walking is very effective therapy for my back. Now I wear heels every morning (5.5 in.) and I can watch myself start out as barely able to walk. Within an hour of my getting ready for work I have changed to a completely feminine walk as my body limbers. I soon realized that tight abs is a large help to walking properly in heels!

So, from Darth Vadar to an every-morning experience, walking in heels has become a part of everyday life.

alwayshave
11-20-2015, 05:58 AM
First time was probably my mother's or sister's shoes when I was 5 or 6. However, I bought my own about three years ago and have never turned back.

Krisi
11-20-2015, 08:59 AM
Hint: Video yourself walking in heels. Several times. Now look at the video and see if you are just walking in heels or walking like a woman in heels. There's a big difference.

samantha42
11-20-2015, 10:44 AM
I find anything under 3 inches is no problem. $ inch heels generally look very good and I can't spend all day. I once tried 5 inch platforms and fell flat on my face

Lexi Moralas
11-20-2015, 02:51 PM
My first real attempt at wearing heels if I remember was my high school girlfriends 4" heeled granny style ankle booties that were popular back in the 80's took to it right away ( I'm not saying I could " walk like a girl" just yet , that took a ton of practice ) but I had no issues with balance. I went out and bought my own under the pretense that they were an mass present. On time in heels and I was hooked btw

larry
11-20-2015, 03:42 PM
interesting --I just came back upstairs for a short break. I am downstairs doing dishes and laundry--in my heels and loving it. hehe

Dana44
11-20-2015, 03:50 PM
I was younger wearing heels. But my first time out and about with my SO. Yep had to wear my six inch heels and she walked beside me teaching my how to walk and approach curbs and how to step down, etc. By the time the evening was over I thought that I was walking like a woman. Little steps and proper stepping is the key to do it right.

Brandy Mathews
11-21-2015, 12:27 PM
Diedre,
Yes, I was a natural too from the first time I ever put heels on. Love my heels and a good comfortable pair with at least a 4'' heel is very hard to beat.Saw a woman wearing a pair of boots with a heel of about 2 inches....so pretty. I have got to find me a pair. Shopping......yay! lol
Hugs,
Bree :)

elnkay
11-22-2015, 11:20 PM
For me, high heeled pumps started me on this adventure. I tried on a pair of mom's black patent stilettos and loved walking or was it strutting! The 3" heels were so natural and easy..... then why not everything girly?

dominique
11-23-2015, 04:37 AM
First time was in my mum's theses were about 2" so no problem. Fast forward 30 yrs later bought my own heels, 3" and I found no problems walking in them for long periods of time.

CD Tammy
11-23-2015, 06:03 AM
When I put on my first pair of high heels they were black pumps with four inch heels. I took to them right away and was doing very well, until I walked into the ceiling fan in the spare bedroom. This had never been an issue before but add four or more inches to my 6'1" and a low ceiling fan, ouch.

JosieH
11-29-2015, 02:38 AM
I just purchased some amazing red patent 5" heels.
My first pair.
I'll let you ladies know how I make out. ;)
Josie.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh dear.
I may have been too ambitious.
Difficult to stand.
Nearly impossible to walk. Lol.
I hope this gets easier before "date night".

Allison_CD
11-29-2015, 03:54 AM
"amazing red patent 5" heels."

My red heels are 5.25 had them 2 months and still cant walk. Girls make it look so easy and sexy.

lostinmyworldcd
11-29-2015, 11:49 AM
I have always walked on my toes, so 3 inch heels were natural . i had some problems with higher ones till i took a deep breath and smiled . once relaxed it felt like heaven .

larry
11-29-2015, 01:53 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6RjDCApTTA&feature=player_detailpage

hehe on the side links there is one about walking in heels

gokatiegirl
11-29-2015, 02:27 PM
The only place I wear heels is in bed :)
I lived in them at one time but starter wearing flats and went back.

JosieH
11-29-2015, 03:12 PM
Lol. Thanks. I feel better now. 😜

Alytv
11-29-2015, 08:11 PM
First pair was one of my Mums. 3 inch black patterned stiletto. Very fond memories of strutting around in those. Have never looked back.

Aly

MischaSummers
12-03-2015, 02:40 AM
My first time was a little over a year ago. I walked around the house in a roommate's 2 sizes too small Jessica Simpson heels. I wasn't great, but I would take small steps and walk in an X shape, and I learned pretty quickly. Now I have 5 pairs of heels, and I can walk (sometimes run) on just about any surface. The key is not to take long strides!

xoxo Mischa

xNicolex
12-03-2015, 04:21 AM
First time wearing heels was hard I bought 5'' heels that was ambitious to start with :heehee:

mary simpson
12-03-2015, 05:01 AM
my first time was around 9 year's old my mom had 2 pairs i wore black 4.5 inch block heeled pumps & white 5 inch block heeled pumps, both with round toe, wore them every chance i got,got caught too many times,fell down my stairs once in the black pair

Patty Phose
12-03-2015, 07:52 AM
I bought my first heels at 18 when dressing up for a Halloween party at college. Of course I had to have the sexiest shoes I could find with something like a 5" heel. That was all good until I put them on. Not only couldn't I walk in them, I could barely stand. Just taking a few steps without falling or twisting my ankle was extremely difficult. I had like 2 weeks before the party. I thought I might have to get some flatter shoes if I was going to do this.

I walked around the house every day in those heels. After a few days I was walking better. In about a week, I was able to slip them on and go walk around without a problem. Then at night I went outside and began walking around the neighborhood. Each day I did more walking. They became very natural and comfortable feeling. In fact when I was back in flats, I missed the experience of the heels and looked forward to putting them on as soon as I could.

Msbehave
12-03-2015, 11:37 AM
Hello, I am new to the forums. I saw this thread and figured I would put my two cents in. My first heels were just purchased for me and received yesterday. I tried them on out of excitment and took a few steps. I have the feeling that I am gonna have to start wearing them around the house to get use to walking in them as I wobbled as I walked. Let the fun begin!

Patty Phose
12-03-2015, 11:42 AM
I remember that awkward first time well. Just practice. You'll get used to them and soon you will be fine. It's definitely a different step you have to get used to. Once you get used to them, if you like showing your legs you will wear heels all the time. Your legs will never look better.

Adrienne Heels
12-03-2015, 09:42 PM
My earliest memories of this is being like 5 years old and wearing mom's black 3" heel pumps at home and also going directly into Auntie's closet when we used to go visit and putting on her heels and wearing them the whole time we would be there. She had a great selection!! The ladies thought it was so cute and I don't think my dad or uncle cared at all!

deirdre travesty
12-04-2015, 07:35 AM
Think I was like 3. Lol. At least that's what mom told me. Apparently I didn't have any problems because later on in life when I started buying my own, I took off running and never looked back. I attribute it to decades of playing ice hockey building up my ankle muscles.

High heeled skates?

Hutton that sounds like fun

Julia B
12-04-2015, 07:59 AM
Always love walking in heels. No problems. Just got tallest stilletos yet... 5 inches, yay!

denisepascali
12-05-2015, 11:38 AM
I purchase a pair of red heels a long time ago and immediately took to them

jenniferinsf
12-05-2015, 12:17 PM
never problem from day one254192

Alytv
12-05-2015, 08:39 PM
Beautiful shoes Jen.

Aly

JosieH
12-08-2015, 10:03 PM
5 inch stilettos take practice.
Just sayin.
Lol.

CathyWallace
12-09-2015, 12:47 AM
I wear heels all the time. Short ones (3.5") for all day comfort, and taller ones for partying. Many heels look nice, but either are uncomfortable, or have a weird weight thrust which leaves you off balance. My two favorite pairs of shoes are Calvin Klein Ellison wedges and Calvin Klein Louhana sandals. I suggest you buy some cheap heels at GoodWill and experiment until you find a brand and style that are comfortable and easy to walk in.
I've had good luck buying shoes at Goodwill, Payless, Ross, and Amazon. They make high heels for men too, They call them cowboy boots.
Basically, female shoe size = male shoe size+2.

Michelle Girl
12-09-2015, 02:22 AM
I only wear 5 or 6" heels indoors. I find them easy to wear and guide around the house. Instantly feel fantastic when I put them on. Might be a different story out in the street!

Just bought 4" winter boots and planning to use them on my first trip out. They're so low compared with the stilettos I feel I could run a race in them.

Usulsjourney
12-09-2015, 06:55 AM
Dressing for me has always been more of a fetsih issue than a passing one so my time in heels has been in 5" pumps. I have never ventured out but I have spent a fair amount of time wearing around the house with what seems like fair success. The first time was much like the first time I put on stockings. Not something I will forget nor cease to enjoy I hope. The mixture of how they look and feel is what has held my attention for many years.

JosieH
12-09-2015, 07:48 PM
The 5" heels are not terribly easy to get around in and, frankly, I'm more than a bit concerned about my, um, "mobility" when I'm on a date. Or even entertaining at home.
We shall see.

Laura28
12-09-2015, 09:52 PM
I love heels 5 to 6 inch are my favorite, i was lucky i guess took them right away and have no issue walking in them or wearing them for extened periods of time. My Wife hates that i can wear them so easily as she struggle with 3 or 4 inch and they kill her feet, LOL

Kelly63
12-21-2015, 12:23 PM
I was probably about 13 when I first tried my moms heels. I remember they were about 3 inch T strap!

Amanda Monica
12-21-2015, 05:52 PM
First time was as a child, around 10 or 11, wearing mom's only pair. I don't remember exactly what they looked like, but that I did't like them. (She was not into heels and didn't have much of a fashion sense.) Upon puberty, my feet grew quickly to a Men's 11. So no heels for years, until I bought my first two pairs after coming out to my wife. They didn't fit too well, but enough to get by indoors. Not easy to find decent Women's 13. Of the two pairs I finally found this year from Payless online, I have a favorite -- Mary Jane heels. First 15-20 minutes are a bit wobbly and uneven. But then once I get my stride it goes pretty well.

Sarasometimes
12-22-2015, 08:19 AM
I too have to say what Karren said, having played ice hockey made high heel wearing pretty easy for me. Now maybe if when you wear heels it allowed others to check you, that would make it a bit harder. Karren, I'm sure you remember the street hockey craze, then roller hockey then rollerblade hockey, maybe we could start a league from this group, High heel hockey?? Maybe start out as no checking?
The tough part still for me are finding ones that fit well and the sore feet from being in them ALL day (when the opportunity arises).

Eryn
12-22-2015, 04:15 PM
The first time I went out in heels it was a bit scary. Dealing with different and uneven surfaces kept me off balance, but I managed to stay upright.

Now I'm very careful to select shoes for the occasion. Pointy heels when the only walking I'm doing is from the valet to a restaurant seat. Chunkier heels if more walking or standing is involved, like a couple of blocks between restaurant and theater. Flats or low wedges if I'm walking great distances, such as at a fair. Horses for courses...

...Karren, I'm sure you remember the street hockey craze, then roller hockey then rollerblade hockey, maybe we could start a league from this group, High heel hockey??

ReineD
12-22-2015, 04:29 PM
When I first started dressing in my early teens I took to wearing 2" and up like a duck to water.

Was anyone else a natural?

Some of us have better natural balance than others. You see this all the time when people learn how to ski or roller blade for the first time, men or women. Some of us can stand on one leg without losing balance, for longer than others.

Congratulations on being agile. :)

I have good balance and so walking in high heels is not difficult. But, I have weak ankles, which made it difficult to ice skate when I was little. My ankles would buckle outward like this (https://bobsegarini.files.wordpress.com/2015/06/splayed-ice-skates.png).

Maria Blackwood
12-23-2015, 11:35 AM
For me, high heeled pumps started me on this adventure. I tried on a pair of mom's black patent stilettos and loved walking or was it strutting! The 3" heels were so natural and easy..... then why not everything girly?

I felt an electric charge when I first stood up in a pair of heels. 2.5" I think. I eventually worked my way up to a pair of 6" domina style shoes. Unlike other pieces of feminine attire, heels never stopped being highly sexually charging for me, so I only wear them in certain situations.

Sandie70
12-23-2015, 12:26 PM
I spent a lot of money ordering 4 or 5 pairs of heels on line when I first started (wearing heels). Anyway, I did what the forums and size charts said I should do - order a size larger to fit my man sized foot.

Wrong!

What I got were heels that fit comfortably, but allowed my foot to wobble inside of them. I could barely handle a 2 inch heel, but nothing higher.

Then, I went to Payless and bought a pair of 2 1/2 inch heels in a woman's size and medium width (measure your foot from the toes to your heel and that will give you your size for a woman's shoe. Most women's shoes are sold in a medium width, so how they will fit in that respect is arbitrary). They were tight at the toes, but I could walk in them quite well. What a surprise.

Then I bought a pair of 4 inch heels in a woman's size for my foot and, low and behold, I could walk in them beautifully (to be honest, those shoes had a 1/2 inch platform, so they weren't a real 4 inch heel).

So, what did I do about the tight toes? Well, I bought some shoe stretchers and stretched the toes on each pair. Now the toes fit comfortably.

Oh, and I have a pair of 3 1/2 inch heels (actual height) with an ankle strap that gives me even more support. I couldn't believe how easy it was to walk in them.

The bottom line for me was that I needed a snug fit to walk on the higher heels without a wobble. I don't know if that would apply to any of you, but the next time you have trouble walking on higher heels... check the fit. That may be part of the problem.

Angie G
12-23-2015, 04:55 PM
I and high heels always gotalong great even 4& 5 inch heels.:hugs:
Angie

Tina_gm
12-23-2015, 04:56 PM
You can youtube girls trying to walk in heels and stuff like that, or 1st time in heels. I am almost amazed at how bad some of them are. Or guys trying on heels. I would imagine many of them (guys) are on purpose walking so awkward as to prove how manly they are and have never worn them.... not suspecting they have. I am just saying that walking in them at 1st is awkward no doubt. But I don't see how it can be that hard to where you can barely put one foot in front of the other without falling. It was never so hard for me that I could barely stand and walk. Just awkward.

Mandy_K
01-02-2016, 03:56 AM
I feel so natural in heels, not only have i used them since childhood my mother has always accidentally given me tips on how to use them, when we would be at a store shed mention how she could not walk as fast cause of her heels and thaat she required shorter shorter steps, also i noticed as a child her walk looked very different when in heels, she said to wear those right, she had to do a little ''strut'' while walking. i saw her in them so much with such a memorable presence, all i did was imagine her strut and mine comes so naturally

dana digs sweaters
01-02-2016, 05:35 PM
Age 7 for me.
First time dressing up for Halloween.
Came home from school in my Halloween "costume" with my sisters.
Tried on a pair of my Mom's black pumps with my 2 younger sisters.
Plenty of laughs as the 3 of us stumbled around.
Obviously our feet were too small to wear them properly.
Went out Trick-or-Treating with them wearing the flats that I had on during the school day.

Judy-Somthing
01-02-2016, 09:11 PM
I just got a new pair 4" , I love them!

I don't go out and only wear them for two hours at a time. My toes do go numb.

Helena J
01-03-2016, 10:27 AM
I love your shoes ☺
I love wearing high heels i only wear them for a short time at home could only find a size 9 and I'm a size 12 takes a lot to squeeze my feet in there only hurts after a while but still love wearing them

Diedre
01-11-2016, 08:44 AM
Some of us have better natural balance than others. You see this all the time when people learn how to ski or roller blade for the first time, men or women. Some of us can stand on one leg without losing balance, for longer than others.

Congratulations on being agile. :)

I have good balance and so walking in high heels is not difficult. But, I have weak ankles, which made it difficult to ice skate when I was little. My ankles would buckle outward like this (https://bobsegarini.files.wordpress.com/2015/06/splayed-ice-skates.png).

Good point Reine. I never thought of that aspect. But, I too, have very good balance. Even after being "over served"

Thanks for your input.

Kiersten
01-11-2016, 05:34 PM
I was around 11 when I wore my mom's 3" slingbacks, I don't remember really having issues walking in them.

AmyB
01-11-2016, 07:20 PM
I was lucky, from about 7 - 12 I had a female friend in the same street who used to let me wear her shoes when we would play together & then my mother & grandmother both did Physical Culture, so when I was young, I would spend time & my grandparents house with ballet shoes on, during the school holidays.

I am also an ice/inline hockey player, so I have good balance & find it easy walking in heels.

Diversity
01-12-2016, 03:04 PM
I ever had a problem with 2-4" heels. But the 6" heels took a but of practice to get used to them. Stairs are the biggest challenge, I find.
Di

Sandie70
01-12-2016, 04:10 PM
Jenn, the gold heels are darling. I want them.

Now, I thought I would give my two cents worth about my first time walking in heels, plus some advice... so here you go.

My first heels were 3 1/2 inches high and I almost fell through my patio door when I first put them on.

I was getting nowhere until I realized the fit was wrong. Like many of the posts here and on other sites, I bought shoes a size bigger than my male sized shoes (I noticed someone here said you should get 2 sizes bigger - which I also had done). But the problem with that is you might get a "wobble" problem because your feet move around in the shoe if it's too big. That's a good way to break an ankle.

You need shoes that are comfortable, but at the same time are rather snug... with no "wobble." So, you first need to measure your feet. You can do this by putting down a sheet of paper and tracing around your foot and measuring what you traced... or by simply putting a tape measure on the floor and standing on it. The main measurement you want is the length of your feet... from the outermost toe front to the heel. For me, both my feet are exactly 10 inches long. Also, when you measure both feet, take the larger measurement if one foot is slightly bigger. If your feet don't come out in an even number, you will have to find shoes that come in half sizes.

Anyway, this gave me the women's shoe size I should wear... and that was size 10 - women's shoe sizes mirror the length of a woman's foot. The shoes I had bought previously were size 11 and 12 like everyone was telling me, but I ended up taking them all to the thrift store - they were worthless. Then I bought some shoes in size 10 and, incredibly, I wasn't wobbling anymore. Luckily, the average width of most women's shoes fit me after I put my shoe stretcher in them to widen the toe width a bit. If you have an especially wide foot, you need to search for the same shoe size, but in a wide width. Not too wide mind you... that can be as bad as having a shoe that is too long for your foot.

So there you go... I was finally walking quite well in all the heels I bought.

Then I found that heels with straps (Mary Janes, for instance) gave me even more support. So, last month I found some really sexy stilettos with 4 1/2 inch heels and straps and... I could walk on them the first try.

Ladies, I don't know if any of this will work for you, but you might consider what I've written.

Again, snug fit and straps (if you like that particular style). Then...

Practice, practice, practice.

In fact, I once asked a drag queen in 6 inch stilettos how she could walk in them and she replied:
"Honey, whenever I get new shoes, I put them on in the morning and vacuum my apartment in them. Then I do the laundry, wash the dishes, watch TV and even have sex in them. In other words, I spend the whole day in them and when all is said and done... I never have a problem walking in them after that."

Brandie.n
01-13-2016, 10:54 PM
i took heels like a rubberduck to water never had a problem

lavenderblues
01-14-2016, 10:17 PM
Can I just say I'm jealous of all of you?! I'm a gg and I can do.. um... 1" heels... I'm uncoordinated in sneakers, add that to having wide feet and being overweight? UGH, kill me. Heels are SO UNCOMFORTABLE!! It takes forever to find ones that even fit my wide feet, and then the larger the heel, the more uncomfortable they are to wear... I'll do a 1" heel for a wedding, other than that, I'm in sneakers... props to ALL of you! I'd be in the hospital with a broken neck! But yeah, ankle strength has a lot to do with it I'm sure!!

brandigirl
01-14-2016, 11:38 PM
I love wearing 3-4" heels but really only get to wear them around the house cause if I wear them out it seems like to many watching me since I'm already 6 foot tall and adding another 3-4 inches makes me stand out to much and I rather just blend in.