PDA

View Full Version : This is how its done.

Tracii G
11-19-2015, 10:40 PM
Found this vid on YT and for you that don't go out or those wondering about going out. Amanda shows how its done.
Be friendly say hi when people speak to you don't be afraid.
Amanda is a real hoot and knows how to make a stressful outing more pleasant.
You notice the girls in the Dollar Tree know she is a guy but her being outgoing makes it easier for them.

https://youtu.be/nOeIwJSooKk

Robin414
11-19-2015, 10:58 PM
Thanks for sharing this Tracii, inspirational! Great video, she totally has the manerisms down! Amazing figure, especially for a chic buying a 24 of beer! 😲 LOL 😃

Laurana
11-19-2015, 11:08 PM
A little too nasally and flamboyant for my tastes. She reminds me of Janice from Friends.

Hell on Heels
11-19-2015, 11:17 PM
Hell-o Traci,
Great video, and Amanda does own it, and that is exactly how it's done!
Reminds me of something Robin once said.... Amanda knew that they knew that she knew they knew she knew they know.
So instead of hiding and walking out. She acted as if it was no big deal, had some fun, and nobody cared.
Also remember she had her friend along with her.
Much Love,
Kristyn

Tracii G
11-19-2015, 11:32 PM
I did figure the too flamboyant term would come out and yeah maybe she is but her method of dealing with the people is spot on.
Be friendly and own it and people usually respond to being treated in a friendly manner.

Rhonda Jean
11-19-2015, 11:49 PM
Fun to watch. Funny, too, remembering my early days when a miniskirt and heels seemed appropriate for everywhere! As has been said here many times, you don't attract a lot of attention because you're crossdressed, it's the extremes we tend to go to. I remember all too well when I was in my late teens and early 20's making the rounds of many convenience stores late at night Big hair, short skirts, high skinny heels, a ton of jewelry, red nails and blue eye shadow. Think anybody could tell?

Tracii G
11-20-2015, 12:00 AM
Oh Rhonda I do remember LOLOL.:)

The point here is she knows she doesn't totally pass and it doesn't really matter.
Doesn't seem to matter to the people she talks with either they seem to enjoy her.

IamWren
11-20-2015, 12:51 AM
Her flamboyant mannerisms don't bother me. In fact, I find it kinda fun. What bothers me is her shiny black mini dress with five inch heels at a Dollar Tree.

It's coincidental that you post this video because I thought posting one in the opposite direction but I didn't want to come across as a hater. I found several vids on youtube of crossdressers wearing completely inappropriate clothing for their age and/or location. They came across as creepers and perverts.

At times I've seen a thread or two where comments hint at CDing needing a positive representation so we can collectively let the public know this isn't a lifestyle for sexual deviants. I don't think a 60 year old man dressed as a little girl playing in the park or a 40 year old dressed as a sissy going into the grocery store (yes I saw that on video and no amount of bleach and scrubbing is going to take it away) is going to further the cause of showing CDing in a postive light.

~ Sayyidah

Tracii G
11-20-2015, 01:43 AM
Myself I dress pretty normal like all the women I see so you wouldn't see me dressed like that too often.
If I'm going to a club maybe because all the other girls are dress that way.
The really way out CD's do tend to cause a stir and look pretty ridiculous sometimes, so do some very wealthy GG's so I'm not one to judge too harshly.

Hell on Heels
11-20-2015, 01:56 AM
Yes Sayyidah,
The public sees the occasional CDer in a short skirt, and some tall heels.
But to call that person out, and say they're doing the community an injustice
is just not their problem, is it? It's more yours, and anyone else the may make some sort of assumption
about CDers without actually knowing anything about the CDer.
Getting out and worrying about passing 100% can really ruin the whole experience.

Tracii G
11-20-2015, 02:31 AM
I did post this to show you can have a good time CDing if you just don't take yourself too seriously.
Try to look the best you can and have a little fun.

Krististeph
11-20-2015, 03:22 AM
Great video- but there is one point not mentioned- the camera effect- when people know they are being taped the store clarks or otherwise, they are going to be on their better if not best behavior. This is why 'reality TV' is such a great lie (aside from misusing the abbreviation "tv"...) people act different in front of a camera.

But that does not take anything away from what you said- crossdressing can be a lot of fun- like many if not most things- you get out of it what you put into it.

Marcelle
11-20-2015, 04:03 AM
Hi Tracii,

Interesting video for certain. However, you are right that should someone be ready to go out the only way forward is to own it and understand that people know. There may be a minutia percentage who truly pass but even they will have some tell tale sign which identifies them as male. Many will blend on first blush but will never survive first contact and some will always be evident. In my experience the key ingredient is to accept you will be made/read and get comfortable with that. Only then can you truly give up caring and just go about your day doing what you need to do.

Even though I am full time and may blend, I never pass and by the end of the day after close to 10 hours in make-up, goatee shadow is peeking through (even with powder touch ups), face is tired and voice is wobbly after an entire day of trying to sound female. If I have to stop for something or run errands on the way home . . . goodness the presentation is definitely not there and the kid ain't pretty by that time. Still, I just get out and accept the fact I am a woman albeit with male physiology so if you don't like it . . . tough.

Cheers

Marcelle

Katey888
11-20-2015, 05:34 AM
Tracii, I think you have definitely found a flamboyant example of 'CD in the Wild' there... :)

I am not sure that the declarative: "This is how it's done" I could fully concur with, but I think it is true that it represents how one part of our community presents itself. I think there's a lot of truth in the views already presented here, even though they may appear contradictory...

My first feeling was probably close to Sue's - clubwear to shop for a shower curtain and two-dozen Michelob...? :eek: Not for me, but then Kristi's point that this was, after all, staged and videoed, does have a bearing on both responses and the performance of the star (because it is a performance - Amanda is definitely going for radar reflective rather than absorptive here...;)). On the other hand, you do occasionally see GGs out shopping like this... it's just a choice of style, but we can't all be like Amanda... the behaviour is all a bit 'DQ goes shopping' which is something of a parody of CDers... Just confirms again what a broad miscellany of styles, motivations and behaviours we are...

I wonder if she was bathing in Michelob... :daydreaming:

Katey x

Princess Chantal
11-20-2015, 07:11 AM
Seems like so many people are focused on what she is wearing, pay more attention to her more natural interaction. Perhaps this video may get people to pay more attention https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1VkhWJsGun8

Cheryl_Layton
11-20-2015, 09:25 AM
I don't think she's a crossdresser who wishes to be regarded as a woman but an entertainer in the same vein as a drag queen/female impersonator.
She seems to like getting attention (posting on Youtube confirms this) and doesn't worry about the reaction she gets.

If you wish to blend in (like most of us here do) then I don't think this is the way to go about it. If you wish to give people a 'show' then perhaps this is the way.

Tracii G
11-20-2015, 10:29 AM
Again some here seem to be missing the point I was trying to make.
Why so many CD's have to critique every tiny little thing and bring negativity into the picture is beyond me.
The second video shows her dressed nicely and interacting with people, and from my experience most people I come in contact with act the same way and I don't film videos like this so the "they are being filmed so they act nicer" concept really doesn't wash.
She may be a gay CD you don't know and that could very well be natural mannerisms for her we just don't know.
I try to bring a positive light on things here and seem to get shot down for it so I give up.

Rachael Leigh
11-20-2015, 10:37 AM
That was fun, however in some ways I felt she was a bit over the top. Her interaction was good though

IamWren
11-20-2015, 10:53 AM
I apologize Tracii. I didn’t mean to kill your joy or disparage the CD sister in the video. I think she’s awesome. And I think it’s pretty damn amazing that she had the stones (forgive the pun) to get out and be herself. I really do. I kinda agree with Cheryl in that she comes across more as a performer or entertainer and not someone who just wants to be.

But to answer HoH’s question… I remember a few years back when basketball hall of famer Charles Barkley caused a little stir when he stated he isn’t a role model. Maybe he didn’t claim or want the designation of role model but he was. It can’t be argued. I’ll get back to this in a second.
I know of four of five girls here on the forum, who like me, are from Houston. I’m sure there are CDers here in Houston who are not members of the forum… lots. Let’s go big. Let’s say there are 5000… no, 50,000 crossdressers in Houston. That is one percent of the approximately 5 million people in the surrounding area. One percent.

It is safe to assume that if we’re clocked, we are the only representation the general public gets of what a crossdresser is like. It’s not like there are a bunch of us around so we’re it.

So is it her problem? To quote my favorite cartoon character Phineus of Phineus and Ferb fame… Yes. Yes it is. I bet the trans ladies would agree and here’s why.

Here in Houston, we had an ordinance get soundly defeated that would have allowed trans ladies the ability to go into the restroom that parallels the gender they are expressing. It got defeated because of a campaign against it that focused on the bathroom issue making statements about deviant men in skirts going in to the women’s restroom. That’s what they think of us. And until we (individually and collectively) change that perception that’s what the muggles will continue to think of us. So like Barkley, whether she likes it or not, she is a representative of the larger community and it has real ramifications.

Today is Transgender Day of Rememberance… it honors women and men who were murdered because of the gender they choose to express. Yes, it is her problem. Whether she likes it or not, she is a representative of the larger community (we all are) and it has real ramifications.

Hey if you like to dress in a maid's outfit with a dozen petticoats... more power to ya. If you get off on the sissy/sub side of CDing... go on witcha bad self girl. Get some. But be aware, that like it or not, our actions do affect others.

Much love and hugs to you all.
S.

Pat
11-20-2015, 11:10 AM
Fun videos! I like her gestures. But I wish the cameraman would get ahead of her sometimes rather than have half the video being of her back. And I admire the level of interaction she's comfortable with - I'd be exhausted if I did that. :) Krististeph mentioned the camera effect -- that cuts both ways, not only does it make the SAs be on their best behavior, it probably puts Amanda on her best and most interactive behavior because the film would be boring if she just walked around and didn't talk to anyone, right?

On representing crossdressers as a class, I'm torn -- I understand the criticism, but if you feel that the sissies, the micro-skirts with sky-high heels are damaging public perceptions, then get out there yourself with your representation that you feel reflects credit on us and show the public what your "average" crossdresser looks like / behaves like. There will always be a fringe element and if they're the only ones who go out, then I don't think it's THEM that are poisoning perceptions, I think it's the silent stay-at-homes.

Lauri K
11-20-2015, 11:23 AM
Thanks for posting Tracii, I thought it was a bit much at times too, but let's say if this was shot on a Friday or Saturday night I can go with it no problem, 9:00 PM it's time to go out and let your hair down.

But in retrospect if Amanda was going out during normal daytime hours maybe, consider a few more inches on the skirt and and a inch or so down on the heels she could fit right in.

The point here is to be friendly no matter what your style of dress is and it will be a good experience for everyone, people are attracted to confidence.

AngelaYVR
11-20-2015, 11:31 AM
Thanks for posting that, Tracii. I completely understand what you are trying to say.
YouTube is all about getting noticed and this girl is trying to do just that. I found her annoying but, yes, Tracii was highlighting the positive angles. Sue, you are also right on the money. It does seem, though, that the types of dressers you describe seem to keep it behind closed doors. I have talked about this issue with friends and have stated that I hope that if John Q Public does take away anything from my being out it is that CDs are just regular people.

eire emma
11-20-2015, 11:36 AM
Don't give up TraciI ! So what if she was a bit flamboyant. She seems happy ,she's loving and owning it. Good for her. Thanks Tracii.

Tracii G
11-20-2015, 11:51 AM
When I make a post like this it is meant to help those that want to represent but just don't know how or are afraid to make contact with others if and when they do go out.
What does irk me is the stay at homes that pass judgement on those of us that do get out.
Tell us how to dress,how to act when interacting with the general public as not to shed a bad light on the trans community and yet they do nothing to further the cause.
Personally I am not as flamboyant as Amanda which is just the way I do it but I'm not going to disparage Amanda for her style.
We all know a 50 year old guy should not go out in full sissy mode or in a diaper and a bonnet, that stuff should stay at home if that is what you are into.
Am I passing judgement on the sissy dresser no. All I am saying is use some decorum.

Cheryl_Layton
11-20-2015, 12:10 PM
Tracii, no one is shooting you down in flames. I think most people here appreciate your posting of the video.
The issue seems to be our reaction to how Amanda is behaving. Yes, she is at liberty to dress and behave how she likes (within reason) but I guess a lot of CDers who wish to 'come out' must groan when they see videos posted like this; it just seems to reinforce the stereotypical image most people carry in their heads about us and hence their reluctance to accept it - especially SOs.
Yes, you have a point in that instead of complaining we should get out more and show everyone what ordinary CDers are like. However, it's not easy for people to simply don a dress and hit the malls.
It would be interesting to see what reaction Amanda would receive if she simply walked past a primary/elementary school when the kids are being picked up (something we've all done at some time or other) or to go into a redneck bar. I'm sure that she would wish she'd dressed down a bit.

Btw, as they say, "You cannot please all the people all the time. You can only please some of the people some of the time". It's one of the reasons I've never run for president!

Beverley Sims
11-20-2015, 12:10 PM
It may be too outgoing and a little over the top, but it does work, smile be happy and keep others at ease.

Tracii G
11-20-2015, 01:10 PM
i think most of the disgust here with Amanda is she sounds/acts gay. There I said it.

Katey888
11-20-2015, 01:47 PM
Wind it in Tracii... :) There isn't anyone here who has mentioned the word or expressed disgust at what Amanda is doing or how she's behaving... :confused:

You've presented this as a model of behaviour and attitude and no-one is knocking her outgoing, friendly approach - simply saying that this isn't necessarily an absolute model is not being negative: it's being pragmatic. If I have any issue with your post it's the position you take with this statement:

..for you that don't go out or those wondering about going out. Amanda shows how its done.

I wouldn't be encouraged to go out if I thought that this was the only way to present in behaviour, attitude or dress - and what's good for Amanda in her home town is clearly not the same everywhere and for everybody. If you're trying to make the point that confidence, friendliness, a big smile and positive engagement is a good way to get out, then that comes across - but it's not the only way, and it's not necessarily the best way for everyone or every environment.

Nobody's knocking you for posting the video - it's not you and it's not your video. The opinions that others have regarding the stereotyping are perfectly valid and do have an impact on public perception - and let's not forget we are different and something of an unusual niche on this forum. I really like the idea of a body-hugging mini-dress for me... until I have to go out... :eek: Then my level of comfort is about trying to be a little classy... and maybe sexy too... ;) But most of the T-girls at clubs make Amanda look quite conservative... Realistically the proportion of 'fetish/sexy' T-girls versus 'blendy CD/TG' types is not likely to change radically and so public perception will be determined very much by the former... (that heavily outweighs the latter, I believe) I suspect we'll be fighting that one for decades... :thinking:

Katey x

ReineD
11-20-2015, 02:01 PM
Tracii, I didn't get a gay vibe from her. But, I think she would do much better if she stopped all the forced feminine mannerisms: the overly animated arms and exaggerated body movements, wiggle, constant pointing, little jumps and bending knees, little running motions, vocal intonation and expression, brushing her hair back, etc. Women just don't act or speak like that, if you compare her to the women she interacted with in the video. Effeminate gay men don't act like that either. All these things (plus the high heels & short skirts at her age) make her stand out as a CDer more than anything else in my opinion.

I'm glad that she is enjoying herself though. Service personnel are very tolerant with CDers, although they might giggle a bit over the exaggerated mannerisms. She will come to no harm. And she does have great legs! :)

Tracii G
11-20-2015, 03:01 PM
OK OK I get it.
We all have seen effeminate gay men that act that way and I know a few personally that do.
All you guys want to do is pick apart every little aspect of her actions and the way she dresses, that wasn't my point from the very beginning.Holy freaking moly!!
I wasn't saying it was perfection y'all stop beating a dead horse here.
I never said act like her did I? All I suggested was be friendly, interact and don't be afraid to just be yourself.
I'm done trying to make my point........................and people wonder why members leave here?

ReineD
11-20-2015, 03:10 PM
Well, she does have a lot of self confidence and she clearly enjoys interacting with others, and this is a good thing. :)

MichelleDevon
11-20-2015, 03:53 PM
I haven't watched the whole thing but what comes across to me is what I try to do when I go out. We are, in essence, acting. We are being someone different from our usual persona. So you think yourself into the role and you just go out there and be natural. I go out wearing clothes appropriate to my age and to where I am going and what I am doing. I might criticise Amanda's choice of clothes but that is personal choice. But I applaud the way she deals with real life. Tomorrow is going to be a Michelle day for me...I will go out to the shops late morning and I will be Michelle - I will be acting that role. I will not feel self-conscious, I will not be apologetic. I am 6'4" and I'll be wearing shoes or botts that make me even taller but hey that's me, that's Michelle. The world can take or leave me; I look people in the eye, I talk to them (in my deepish north of England accent), I don't try to hide. Imagine being on stage in a production - that is what you need to do; that is what Amanda does, and does it well. Doesn't matter if she sounds gay, who gives a flying f***? She is acting the part that she has identified and she carries it off so well. And that is what to do - THAT is the message to take from this vid clip. Decide what part you are playing and just go and do it...hell, it's actually incredibly easy after the first time.

I would happily take each and every one of you out on the streets of any of my local towns and show you how easy it is - the world doesn't care. No-one is going to slag you off. Much more likely you will get complimented because that is how people are. I've been up to London on the train (3 hour journey), I've been to York and travelled back from there by train (5 hours) and I have walked around as Michelle and nowhere in 8 years have I experienced any antagonism. Look at Amanda - she is HERSELF, she doesn't care what anyone else is thinking. The angst is in your head - it's the same nervous excitement that you get when you are appearing on stage or in front of other people - it's all in YOUR head not theirs.

As the strap-line for a famous brand of sports wear says "Just do it"

I promise you it's easy and you will enjoy it soooo much

Michelle
xxxx

P.S. And I'm still only on the first glass of wine!!!!!

Adriana Moretti
11-20-2015, 04:09 PM
at least she left her closet right?? I give her credit for that....LOL XOXO

Lorileah
11-20-2015, 04:29 PM
I did post this to show you can have a good time CDing if you just don't take yourself too seriously.
Try to look the best you can and have a little fun.

that she did. I may never go out in public again. Was she trying to get someone to out her? The airplane directing hand motions were...well over the top

reb.femme
11-20-2015, 06:23 PM
I did post this to show you can have a good time CDing if you just don't take yourself too seriously...

I think this is the whole point of the video. Whether you like her style or not, she is out there...the [-]batch[/-], [-]botch[/-], [-]betch[/-], [-]butch[/-], oh damn her! :heehee:

...Amanda knew that they knew that she knew they knew she knew they know...

So let me get this right, you're saying that she knew, that they knew...as above ad infinitum. :devil:

It really is that easy but for whatever reason, it's our own ghosts that haunt us. I know that fear, but I do get out now and then to exercise those ghosts and love it when I do.

...All you guys want to do is pick apart every little aspect of her actions and the way she dresses, that wasn't my point from the very beginning.Holy freaking moly!!
...I'm done trying to make my point........................and people wonder why members leave here?

I made mention of this problem just last week in another post, reference people completely missing the point of what the OP is actually saying. It's more the spirit of the vid than the actualities. Keep on going Tracii, some of us love you. But only in a not too gay and effeminate way of course! :heehee: Oh and seeing as it wasn't asked for and totally off topic, I'm wearing mauve girl undies today.

Becky

Allisa
11-20-2015, 07:02 PM
Well I've watched and read the comments and I think things got out of hand there for a while. I see your point about the video, and your take on it. She is certainly not my style but to each their own. I'm not a YT watcher and am wondering if there are any vids of CDers going about their daily routine like so many of us do just blending in with the populace in the light of day and in a larger congregation of people. I know I go about my business being friendly, smiling and open to others and if they are not accepting of me than so be it, I have a life and don't have to live up to anyone else's standard of what a man should look like and act. As long as I'm not hurting anyone and, most important, they are not hurting me, I know I'm happy and stress free, the point I believe you were trying to make. Maybe I'm way off base here and misinterpreted you, sorry if that's the case, but you have a happy life and do what you feel you must do.

Rachael Leigh
11-20-2015, 07:14 PM
I think it's been said here many times if you are going out dressed you should just be yourself with just a hint of feminity,
I think that's how I try to be and honestly don't know how often I pull it off but I try

STACY B
11-20-2015, 08:20 PM
Bah,,Haa,,,Haa,,,, There you Go Shorty,,, Try and Try and Try,, I Really Commend you for the effert I really do,, But there is always a But,,, You have to understand that the Most common element of Gender Dysphoria is DENIAL !!!! An nothing in this world will ever get these folks to agree on the going out thing,,lol,,

We are all different and have different reason why we do what we do,, I understand what your doing but I don't understand is WHY someone that is Dead Set on not going out would even reply to this thread? If you don't want to go out just STAY HOME ,, This thread is for the ONES that Want to go out an don't have the courage YET!! GET IT ?

Tracii G
11-20-2015, 09:31 PM
Thank you StacyB you totally get it.
Now go make me some biscuits beotch.LOLOLOL.

ReineD
11-21-2015, 12:53 AM
You have to understand that the Most common element of Gender Dysphoria is DENIAL !!!! An nothing in this world will ever get these folks to agree on the going out thing,,lol

On the Gender Dysphoria, I agree with you. There are TSs who were in denial over being TS for many years (thinking they were CDers). But are you suggesting that the CDer in the video has Gender Dysphoria and she is a TS in denial?

She may be, or she may not be. But I don't think we can take it for granted that she is. No one here can possibly know what relationship she has with her male self.

STACY B
11-21-2015, 05:29 AM
Denial is one of the most common symptoms of Gender Dysphoria,,, And no ,, Not the girl in the video,, Members,,,

Katey888
11-21-2015, 05:56 AM
Don't really see what GD denial has to do with Amanda's style, or CDs here who don't go out and aren't TS (or don't identify as TG)... :confused:

Stacy - are you able to expand on what you mean...? :)

Katey x

STACY B
11-21-2015, 06:13 AM
Geezzzzzzzzzzz,,,, Talking about the ones who HATE on Tracy's threads about going out,,,Not about the Chic in the video,,,, That just goes to show how people take things out of context ,,,

Princess Chantal
11-21-2015, 08:58 AM
I believe that many of the naysayers have the mindset that you have to dress in certain way (blending in) and act like in a way where people are not gonna clock you in order to be respected as a person. If you watch her videos all the people chatted and treated her with respect. When she first entered the Dollarama, she was greeted nicely just like anyone else before the camera person entered. She does have a knack for small chat that I so wished I could have. She doesn't always dress over the top and do her wanderings at night https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=unha5kwemUE
It seems like she has an aurora about her that attracts kindness from those around her

Tracii G
11-21-2015, 12:16 PM
Thats the point be yourself,be friendly and open.
You don't have to pass 100% just do the best you can.
People are going to know you are a CDer no matter how well you try to hide the male in you and thats OK ladies it really is.
Recently I went to Kohl's with a GG friend and an SA asked if I needed help so I said I think I have it under control. She noticed the GG with me and she asked her the same thing to which she replied I'm fine I have my shopping guru with me.
The SA said you ladies have fun and if you need anything or a dressing room I'll be right over there.
We both picked out things to try on so we waited in line for a dressing room and the SA talked our legs off the whole time we waited.

Sky
11-22-2015, 01:06 AM
Watching girls fight is fun. :heehee:

(yes it is!)

ReineD
11-22-2015, 04:19 AM
Geezzzzzzzzzzz,,,, Talking about the ones who HATE on Tracy's threads about going out,,,Not about the Chic in the video,,,, That just goes to show how people take things out of context ,,,

I don't mean to upset you, but you were the one who brought up the Gender Dysphoria and I'm trying to understand your context. I see now we both agree that it is unlikely the CD in the video has Gender Dysphoria, although we can't say for sure because obviously no one here knows her (or him).

So did you mean instead that CDers who say they don't want to go out may be in denial about wanting to go out? If so, why did you call this "Gender Dysphoria", since CDers in denial about wanting to go out are entirely different from MtF TSs who do not feel they are men?

I picked up on this because the term "Gender Dysphoria" is thrown around a lot in this section, often when it is not warranted, and it may confuse newcomers ... and their wives who are potentially reading this because this section is open to the public.

STACY B
11-22-2015, 08:14 AM
Everyone on these boards member or guest have Gender Dysphoria in some way or the other,, There are different levels. Not only Trans people have this, Denial is one of the most common effects of it so how could you ever get the right measurement? Crossdressers and trans people alike all suffer from some version of it, But you will never know because of the pressure that comes from family and friends and employers to conform to the norm. Why do you think it takes so Long for most to come out,, Kinda like a Hobby for some of the stronger ones that don't have it as bad and can deny it all the way to the end , Some can let it out and put it back up when the heat gets to HOT.

There are some that actually do it for a period of time and something will happen to where they will have to put it away and tend to more important things at the moment,, But it always comes back to the surface after awhile. But some have it more severe than others and can't cope with it. Alot of different reasons for it and all are personal for sure. Most people would rather be thought of as normal whatever that is than out of the norm. So they live a false life and tend to justifie there action accordingly . So there is no right or wrong in this,, It's just how you make it ,, Just like going out if you feel fine with staying home and indulging in you Hobby and and never leaving home that's fine. But what I don't get is WHY would someone that is happy staying home want to defend it so much? Just stay home and enjoy, TRacy's thread is about showing the ones that Wish to venture out and not to Push anyone out. She is just showing a different way to go,, If it's not denial than whats there to defend? And RenieD I am not upset,,lol,,, Just making a point.

ReineD
11-22-2015, 02:42 PM
Everyone on these boards member or guest have Gender Dysphoria in some way or the other,, There are different levels.

Ah. Here's where we disagree. I understand that you hold this point of view because you are TS, but a majority of CDers do identify as male and they have no desire to change this. And they are not in denial.

"CD - TS" is not a spectrum. There is, however, a "CD <--> CD" (male identified) spectrum where one end does it strictly for sexual gratification and the other end does not do it for sexual gratification. There is also a "TS <--> TS" (female identified for MtFs) spectrum, where one end wishes no body modifications while the other end goes for full body modifications, and this is where you will find the Gender Dysphoria spectrum. There is also a third element, the people who do consider themselves gender fluid (having both male and female characteristics) and I suppose some of these people experience a degree of GD, while others don't. But you will not find a full "CD <--> TS" spectrum for Gender Dysphoria.

If you like, Stacy, we can continue this discussion in private so as to not further detract from the thread topic of encouraging shy or fearful CDers to go out in public.

Tracii G
11-22-2015, 02:52 PM
Here we go again dissecting minutia and trying to put labels on everything.

ReineD
11-22-2015, 03:08 PM
Tracii.

I agree, I don't understand why the topic of GD keeps coming up in threads where questions of gender identification are not even brought up. But, when GD is brought up under these circumstances, I think it needs to be addressed because the idea that everyone in this community has a form of Gender Dysphoria is false.

I did invite Stacy to continue the discussion with me in private.

Tracii G
11-22-2015, 03:43 PM
If they didn't have some form of GD they wouldn't be on this site would they? Some have more than others but its still there.
A lot ARE in denial and have the fear of being labeled as gay if their secret is revealed to general public and friends.
Those are usually the ones that are the stay at home dressers that feel a post like mine was a critique of them personally when in all honesty was not directed towards them but the ones on the fence.
They also are the first to bash what that person is wearing because they don't like the outfit or deem it unacceptable and bash me for posting it.

karynspanties
11-22-2015, 06:48 PM
Flambouyant to the extreme and who goes shopping in a sparkly dress and heels? Really? I would like to have seen the comments after they left the stores. I for one am not impressed.

Tracii G
11-22-2015, 08:08 PM
See another one that has missed the point of this thread.