PDA

View Full Version : What do you do when dressed?

Katie83
11-20-2015, 05:18 AM
I am quite fortunate that with my new employment I often have a day off in the week, to myself. So I am spending most of these days as Katie, which I love. I am not able to go out anywhere dressed up, which is a real shame. So I have to find things to do at home. These things include paperwork for my job, housework (vacuuming etc) and occasionally popping into the garden for a cigarette.
This got me wondering what you other girls do when you are all dressed up with nowhere to go?

Cheryl_Layton
11-20-2015, 05:48 AM
Hi, Katie.

Come round to my house - I'll find plenty for you to do!

I take photos and videos of myself to help me improve my appearance. I also generally potter about. However, I got fed up of being dressed up with nowhere to go which culminated in me going to group meetings.

It seems that there is an inner force that drives us onwards and upwards. We eventually feel the need to meet and talk to others; something nearly everyone on this forum would love to do if they had the opportunity. Joining the forum seems to be a small, but significant step in coming out.

The home counties are waiting for you!

Cheryl x

Katey888
11-20-2015, 06:06 AM
Hey Katie...

I can empathise on the one hand of being partially closeted and feeling that need to just 'be' at home... I never vacuum or do chores when dressed - that would get in the way of messing with makeup and taking photos... (said only slightly tongue in cheek...;)) Occasionally just lounging in the garden... but you know what I'm going to say eventually... :devil:

Darn it Katie - you're probably within a 40 minute drive of Bletchley... home of the Enigma code-crackers but also that semi-famous LGBT venue Pink Punters... You know where this is going... :) You present really well and would feel the joy of being out - spend an evening - winter is great because of dark nights - no-one would see you driving... I'd find a way to be there every month if I was that close...

I realise it may not be quite what you meant - but I suppose that supports two perspectives of this thing we share: we do it to feel comfortable in and of ourselves (which we can get at home, hotel rooms, storage units! - in privacy) but we also seek and desire affirmation from others when we express who we are inside - whether that's the true self for those who identify as female, or the 'other facet' for those of us who are flexigendered, and need and want to always have the two aspects to turn to...

If you ever want a trip to PPs, Becks and myself are looking for a new chauffeur... (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?233792-When-Katey-Met-Becky-and-Sarah-Temporarily) :D

Katey x

Andrea Renea
11-20-2015, 06:16 AM
I do the same things as in boy mode.

Run my errands, Post Office, ATM, Gas station, the drive thru at McD's.

I keep my human contact to a minimum.

colleen ps
11-20-2015, 06:22 AM
Do I detect a thread consisting of only UK members up to this point?

First one i think i have seen!

I have only ventured out for a smoke late in the evening whilst on holiday this year, but When dressed at home, i just carry on as normal, Cook the dinner, watch a film with my wife and general other household duties. It just feels right! I don't go out of my way to try to do girly stuff, I just do what needs doing.

Katey888, Looks like i should have met up with you while Down your way in the summer for a chat and maybe a pint. Even though it rained hard for a few days, we just stayed in the cottage and again, just did the usual stuff plus a bit of make up practice of course.

Colleen.

Katie83
11-20-2015, 06:44 AM
Hi Katey
I do live fairly close to Pink Punters, it's somewhere that I have wanted to go for a long time. Unfortunately, at the moment I am not able to go there for lots of reasons, including an unaccepting wife. It certainly looks like you had fun there when you last went. Hopefully, I will be able to go one day.
Katie

Angela Marie
11-20-2015, 07:09 AM
I go shopping, dining, etc. Basically anything I want. Problem is the more I go out the stronger my inner girl gets. Pretty soon my male side will be the inner lol.

Julie1123
11-20-2015, 07:15 AM
I do the typical things I usually do when not dressed. Read, video games, TV, talk to friends online, housework. It is peculiar though, there seems to be a heightened feeling of some sort doing these things dressed vs not dressed.

Lily Catherine
11-20-2015, 08:19 AM
Business as usual at home. Maybe a few selfies or photos if I especially like the outfit. Nothing - absolutely nothing - with headphones on. I need a higher state of alertness when dressed, however.

Krisi
11-20-2015, 08:51 AM
If you are "popping into the garden for a cigarette", you may well be out to your neighbors.

What do I do as Krisi? Obviously, I spend too much time on the computer. Other than that, it's the same things I would do as Homer with the exception of going outside or using power tools. Or doing things that might get me dirty or sweaty.

Occasionally, I will get out in public but a lot of things have to mesh together for that to happen. Even then, it's walking through the mall, the park, or the business or tourist part of a nearby city.

kittie60
11-20-2015, 08:55 AM
Usually everything. Depends on what I have going. Generally go to work,household chores and the like.

Stephanie47
11-20-2015, 09:51 AM
As an in-home crossdresser and a retiree with a still working wife I have a lot of time to let Stephanie out. I usually dress after I drop my wife off at work....no surprises of her returning home unexpected. I usually spend some time on the site. After breakfast and reading the morning newspaper it is household chores....laundry, ironing, vacuuming, general cleaning, baking, meal preparation. When the weather is nice I'll spend some time in the backyard which is fairly secluded and offers privacy.

carrie001
11-20-2015, 11:07 AM
I do housework and such. If I'm feeling really brave, I'll hop in the car and drive to the ATM. :)

2B Natasha
11-20-2015, 11:07 AM
Honestly I don't get all dressed up with nowhere to go. Left that behind me long ago thankfully.

I think your question, considering that you don't go out was supposed to be. What do you do when your all dressed up but don't/can't go anywhere?

The answer to that is I don't normally get dressed up and not go out. But when I do. It's to paint the inside of the house.

AnnaMarie
11-20-2015, 11:08 AM
I work from home in my studio and when dressed just carry on working as long as I'm not expecting visitors. Hang on, what am I saying, 'working'. Browsing on here, watching youtube vids about makeup is more like it. I take photos of myself (easy in the studio) to see how my makeup is improving and how my look is improving!

AngelaYVR
11-20-2015, 11:54 AM
On the rare occasion that I stay home while dressed, I like to bake things. Things that should be baked, that is, not just randomly.

Beverley Sims
11-20-2015, 11:58 AM
These days dressing in drab and having to go out seems more weird to me.

There is nothing weird about putting on a dress and going out, just seems natural.

Tracii G
11-20-2015, 12:03 PM
Just do what needs to be done just like normal people.

Teresa
11-20-2015, 12:03 PM
Katie83,
My wife has a list as long as your arm of things to do ! The simple way of getting round that one is to dress as Teresa she only does domestic stuff, the man just ******* off to the pub !
I will admit the pawing through the Screwfix catalogue disappeared long ago, dealing with all that sort of thing means one thing , broken nails !

I love my painting and combine it with the enjoyment of CDing, some of my best work has resulted with that combination.
I'm with Katie888 on the garden thing sitting in a secluded spot with a denim mini skirt and Tshirt is pure heaven!

Molly James
11-20-2015, 12:33 PM
Sadly I don't drive & I'm still one of the TGurls at home crowd but I'm in the process of sorting my first makeover & dressing trip so who knows what the future holds - maybe a trip to PPs ....

As for time dressed at home - photos of make-up attempts & to see how new outfits work as well as household chores sometimes - hey CD'ing is meant to be fun!.
Hey Katie...

I can empathise on the one hand of being partially closeted and feeling that need to just 'be' at home... I never vacuum or do chores when dressed - that would get in the way of messing with makeup and taking photos... (said only slightly tongue in cheek...;)) Occasionally just lounging in the garden... but you know what I'm going to say eventually... :devil:

Darn it Katie - you're probably within a 40 minute drive of Bletchley... home of the Enigma code-crackers but also that semi-famous LGBT venue Pink Punters... You know where this is going... :) You present really well and would feel the joy of being out - spend an evening - winter is great because of dark nights - no-one would see you driving... I'd find a way to be there every month if I was that close...

I realise it may not be quite what you meant - but I suppose that supports two perspectives of this thing we share: we do it to feel comfortable in and of ourselves (which we can get at home, hotel rooms, storage units! - in privacy) but we also seek and desire affirmation from others when we express who we are inside - whether that's the true self for those who identify as female, or the 'other facet' for those of us who are flexigendered, and need and want to always have the two aspects to turn to...

If you ever want a trip to PPs, Becks and myself are looking for a new chauffeur... (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?233792-When-Katey-Met-Becky-and-Sarah-Temporarily) :D

Katey x

docrobbysherry
11-20-2015, 01:04 PM
These days? I'm going out a lot with other T girls. Take photos there and after I get home.

In the old days when I just dressed at home. I tried out various outfits and took photos. Then took everything off.

Charlotte Haynes
11-20-2015, 01:15 PM
I tend to do nothing, and then rue the fact afterwards. I've tried doing the ironing (which I normally love!) and other household chores, but I just can't get into a routine, other than that which includes picking my wig hairs up and making sure a car hasn't just pulled up on the driveway.

They can be days well spent, yet at the same time wasted.

Acastina
11-20-2015, 01:36 PM
Hey Katie...

You present really well and would feel the joy of being out - spend an evening - winter is great because of dark nights - no-one would see you driving...

Katey x

This is the well-known syndrome of daylight dysphoria...:heehee:

Cheryl T
11-20-2015, 02:03 PM
I do the usual house things...cleaning, laundry, pay bills, watch some tv.
Otherwise I run errands and shop.

Adriana Moretti
11-20-2015, 04:03 PM
If I am not going anywhere for the day I may either skype with some friends, work on my blog, but sitting home alone gets to me so by 6 pm i usually text and see which one of my admirer or cd friends are around to hang out with, even if its just to come over and watch the game, or have dinner together....I cant sit home for too long alone...xoxo

Ceera
11-20-2015, 04:49 PM
For nearly a year now, I've been going out freely en-femme. I don't care any more if my neighbors see me as a girl, and I am comfortable interacting with strangers while en-femme.

More often than not, l get dressed up because I definitely do have someplace to go. To a club to dance, or to a bar or club to listen to live music, or to simply go out and shop, or enjoy dining out. All of the friends I have made as Ceera only know me as a girl, and accept me as such, even if some of them do realize I am trans. Most of my new friends tend to be lesbians, with some gay or bi folk of both genders. And a few straight friends too.

Less often I may dress up and stay at home, while I work from home. Do all the usual at-home activities, such as doing laundry, fixing meals, and sharing meal times with my daughter. But I find that less rewarding than getting out and being sociable as a lady.

AllieBellema
11-20-2015, 05:07 PM
Mostly just sit online or watching things while en femme.

pamela7
11-20-2015, 05:15 PM
everyday activities, except happier while doing them.

Gerrijerry
11-20-2015, 07:45 PM
the only time you may not be dressed is taking a shower or bath. Maybe a few sleep naked.
Therefore I find the question strange. Really, normally I am dressed, and do whatever I need to do to move through the day and evening.

Jilmac
11-20-2015, 08:01 PM
I'm retired but still work part time so most of my dressing is evenings and weekends. However there are still many options available to me. I go out every chance I get, but when I'm home and dressed there are plenty of household chores, but I can also watch some of my favorite programs on TV, enjoy oldies music from my cd collection, or just sit by my computer and log onto crossdressers.com

sometimes_miss
11-20-2015, 08:22 PM
Normal 'at home' things; laundry, cleaning, pick up after the pets, bills, watch TV, online stuff, but most of all, just sit and read, while listening to music. Lots of fiction, some technical material for work, documentary stuff (as more expose stuff on the Kennedy assassination came out, there was lots more to study); other historical material which well, sorts of shows that what they teach us in public schools and college is mostly baloney. One other thing was learning about airplanes and how to fly, I like flight simulators. Space, too. Cars, motorcycles, boats. I just read....a lot.

WandaRae2009
11-20-2015, 08:23 PM
A lot like you, but My adult children are still at home and they do not know about Wanda, so I don't get too many opportunities. But like you, I do work from home occasionally, and when I have the house to myself, I will work dressed. I also will do housework dressed, dishes, cooking laundry etc.

CynthiaD
11-20-2015, 09:09 PM
I can go anywhere I want en femme, so I'm not often stuck in the house. But when I don't feel like going out, I do the same stuff I do while in drab mode: read, watch TV, counted cross stitch embroidery, write articles, write computer programs, etc.

heatherdress
11-20-2015, 10:28 PM
When dressed, I am just me.

krissy
11-20-2015, 11:17 PM
I love to clean house when dressed . And just sit in my yard sipping some wine and just enjoy me

Robin414
11-21-2015, 12:39 AM
I like sitting on my fence creeping on people walking their dog down the lane at night, going to the car wash is a fun and 'low impact' exercise as well! Hanging out at a park during the day is a blast too, chatting with people walking the dog kinda freaks me the f out but builds confidence! 😆

Stephanie Julianna
11-21-2015, 11:44 AM
Shopping, grocery or clothes and eating. Occasionally meeting up with a friend from here.

EllieMayxxx
11-24-2015, 06:18 PM
I do the typical things I usually do when not dressed. Read, video games, TV, talk to friends online, housework. It is peculiar though, there seems to be a heightened feeling of some sort doing these things dressed vs not dressed.

Im exactly the same!

- - - Updated - - -

I do my normal day to day things, but i have very limited time because i still live with my parents.

BLUE ORCHID
11-24-2015, 06:28 PM
Hi Katie,:hugs:Setting here in front of this computer spending time with the ladies of this form,
watching TV, Baking, housework & just reading . ~~...:daydreaming:...

Jacqueline StGermain
11-24-2015, 07:01 PM
I'm with Robin414 about going to the car wash.
Go to a DIY car wash in Boulder or Denver every week.
Tape up some cleavage, low cut top, O.K. I like the attention.
And a clean car.

Loni
11-26-2015, 01:26 AM
easer to say what i do not do.
work..very anti.
ride my motorbike. helmets and wigs/makeup do not mix.
time with my mom.

i am dressed for most of my non working hrs.
but living in this little town i do keep to my self. work hrs help big time there.

Vala
11-26-2015, 01:44 AM
I do almost everything I normally do in and around the house wig the exception of power tools. I don't feel like operating a circular saw or anything while dressed :)

faltenrock
11-26-2015, 05:17 AM
I really can't think of much that I have not done while dressed yet. I've on airplanes, at the movies, dinner, lunch, shopping (very much shopping actually), camping, been on ferries, trains, buses, major shopping malls and much more. Just do what you like to do, be yourself.

Jacqueline StGermain
11-26-2015, 05:23 AM
When I lived in Aspen, I had my season ski pass en femme.
Getting on the gondola the first time with a bunch of people was a little tense, but worked out fine.
Had this one lift op keep hitting on me. :)

Eryn
11-26-2015, 04:44 PM
This thread is about at-home dressing so...

After I started to go out I used to dress only when I was going out the door. As I moved further along the TG spectrum I found that I felt increasingly uncomfortable in male clothing at home. I found that I was happier dressed in casual female clothing so that is what I do now. Loungewear, jeans, leggings and femme T-shirts, etc. suit me fine. No dresses or hose usually. Think of what a GG would wear! :)

Allison_CD
11-26-2015, 05:46 PM
I tell myself I will get dressed and do womens work.
But never do.
The house is a tip.

Jessicaa
11-26-2015, 06:10 PM
I work ALOT during the week so my house is always a wreck by the weekend. I spend my time sleeping in, getting dressed, and listening to music while cleaning up after the busy week. I haven't picked up the courage yet to do my weekly grocery shopping or other chores that bring me outside of the house while in girl mode, but maybe one day soon.... :daydreaming:

ashleyjane15
11-26-2015, 08:55 PM
Normally I just lounge around my house fully dressed. I haven't mustered the courage to venture out in public. I really want to but with my anxiety, I'm scared about getting looks, laughs, or worse.

Alytv
11-26-2015, 10:48 PM
Work! Being in an office lets me work while dressed up, especially out of hours. And when other people are away I can easily put on a dress and heels and work away at the computer - as I am right now!

Tiffany Jane
11-26-2015, 11:00 PM
From watching tv to doing housework, my favorite is talking to a female friend of mine on the phone, fully dressed. Just talking, filing my nails, but she doesn't know about this part of me.

SHINY-J
11-26-2015, 11:53 PM
For me, dressing is just for sexual gratification. Aside from that, about the only other thing I do when dressed is shopping for more femme clothes online.

Joanne108
11-27-2015, 01:37 AM
I live my life and enjoy dressing as well as the other aspects of my life.

sara.rafaela
11-27-2015, 10:58 AM
I typically go out shopping, bar, wine bar, or club.

SandraInHose
11-30-2015, 05:47 PM
Responding to the OP, who I understood it as referring to those of us who don't venture out dressed...

I unfortunately just waste the day while dressed. Oh, I might do a little housework, or small tasks, but mostly it's just sitting around enjoying the clothes and how they make me feel. Maybe take a few pictures, and I spend way too much time on forums like this one, and almost always at the end of the day I wish I had done or accomplished something. Kind of wasting the day, so to speak, as not much gets done, but I'm dressed, and that always counts as a positive.

MischaSummers
12-03-2015, 03:37 AM
I usually do my laundry and the dishes (which I normally hate) when dressed at home. I must have my heels on though!

Krististeph
12-03-2015, 03:53 AM
Grade papers, write papers, clean, do laundry, fold clothes, cook (big portions- to use as lunches & such for the rest of the week. Also home improvement (mostly inside, obviously... mostly), fixing tools or equipment, even work on or clean the not-to-be-mentionable subject. Sewing- repairs or hemming for the family, modifications and playing around for me. If the pooch needs bath (shower), I'll turn the heat up a few degrees and switch into a bikini or one piece..., and of course play on the computer. Occasionally, if a telemarketer calls and i get a human, I'll give a female name and see if I can pull off a decent female voice... funny how the connection always seems to get cut off right before I'm giving out any real money or info... :heehee:

Oh yes- also: Take a nap. There is something quite wonderful about taking a nap when dressed up- perhaps a nap before an exciting evening, or a rest after an event but before the ball.

Doing things while dressed makes them more fun, I'm less likely to put them off (I have a Master's degree on Procrastination... :sad: )

xNicolex
12-03-2015, 04:07 AM
I like to relax and unwind, I am a more of a lady of luxury as I don't really like doing house work en-femme I hate the thought of getting my clothes messy :heehee:

steffigirl37
12-03-2015, 05:18 AM
I agree with you Nicole. I like to sit and relax with some wine and a fashion magazine.

Patty Phose
12-03-2015, 09:33 AM
Sometimes I get out to parties and socials. Not as often as I would like but it's something. The rest of the time I enjoy dressing at home just because I like how it makes me feel and I enjoy the look. It's fun.

gokatiegirl
12-03-2015, 09:59 AM
I like to walk the streets in LGBT neighborhoods, go to gay bars or any place cd friendly. I don't care if I pass, i just do it and always have fun.

Curious Mike
12-03-2015, 08:08 PM
I am with you Nicole. Love to be luxurious and really dress up provocatively.

skirt_guy
12-03-2015, 09:52 PM
The mundane house cleaning and chores. This is what I think brought my wife around, I would clean the bathrooms and do the ironing dressed up and that means she wouldn't have to. She wouldn't anyway but this saves an arguement about spending money on a maid.

denisepascali
12-05-2015, 11:14 AM
I enjoy reading and watching tv

Just4me
12-05-2015, 05:01 PM
I really enjoy strutting around dressed I am a master mechanic and at times despite the risk I will in full dress mini skirt thigh highs and boots get down and dirty and go to work when I know no one else will be there and fix customers cars I get so much done if they only knew and I guess the thought of being caught is a bit exciting I dont know who would be more uncomfortable me or them seeing me all, sexy as can be