PDA

View Full Version : Treating yourself once in a while.

Charlotte Haynes
11-20-2015, 12:53 PM
Today I went shopping for some hosiery. I bought several pairs of tights/pantyhose for between £4.50 - £6.00 a pair, but I then also decided to treat myself to a £17.00 pair of Wolford's. Y'know, just because I'd been good. I will only wear these sparingly, as if set aside for best occasions (even though I only dress in the home:))

Does anybody else do the same sort of thing with clothing, make-up etc, where you have stuff which is just for best, even though you never go out?

Amy Lynn3
11-20-2015, 01:00 PM
Charlotte, I do much the same way as you, but many/most time I buy things or treat myself to makeovers, pedicures and such, just because. I try to do different things or switch up in ways so it tops what I did last. I want the best bang for the buck so to speak. It is all good and if it makes us happy....we deserve it, because we are not a favored lot of people.:2c:

Beverley Sims
11-20-2015, 01:09 PM
I treat myself to luxury items now and then, it always gets worn eventually, even if it does take a year.

docrobbysherry
11-20-2015, 01:13 PM
In the old days when I only wore things for 15 minutes at home for pics, I could buy any old crappy thing. Pin it up if it didn't fit. Hide the spots. Cover the tear with my arm. Etc, etc. :heehee:

Now that I wear things out, everything has changed. I have to buy things that actually fit and have no visible defects!:doh:

However, I still rarely wear things more than once. That gets expensive if u don't shop carefully!:straightface:

Michelle 78
11-20-2015, 01:34 PM
Hi C, I've never spent more then £5 on tights before, I bet those Wolford ones are lovely, but I know what you mean, I've got a few dresses that would never be worn outside and are for best. Enjoy yourself, we all deserve it!!:)

Charlotte Haynes
11-20-2015, 02:22 PM
Hello Michelle,

They are worth the money, because my legs look AMAZING in them. Still gonna wear in moderation, though.

Get some!

- - - Updated - - -

Charlotte, I do much the same way as you, but many/most time I buy things or treat myself to makeovers, pedicures and such, just because. I try to do different things or switch up in ways so it tops what I did last. I want the best bang for the buck so to speak. It is all good and if it makes us happy....we deserve it, because we are not a favored lot of people.:2c:
I hear what you're saying Amy.

Michelle 78
11-20-2015, 02:25 PM
Don't tempt me C, you know what I'm like for shopping!!:eek:

Karren H
11-20-2015, 02:51 PM
I bought a new garter belt and girdle. Along with a new hockey stick! Love playing a game who's gear has feminine lingerie names! Lol.

BLUE ORCHID
11-20-2015, 03:08 PM
Hi Charlotte :hugs:, We all deserve a little special treatment sometimes. ~~...:daydreaming:...

Jilmac
11-20-2015, 08:34 PM
I'm not sure what the ratio is between pounds and dollars but I have been known (by myself), to splurge on new wigs, accessories, lingerie, a dress or skirt, or a different shade of makeup. Most of my splurges can run anywhere from $10.00 to fifty or sixty dollars.

CynthiaD
11-20-2015, 08:44 PM
I usually stick to sales and lower priced items. But every once in a while I'll treat myself to a dress or an outfit in the $75-100 range, just because a girl's got to have some nice new clothes once in a while. I always buy my clothes with the intention of wearing them outside the house. In my mind, I can't justify buying an expensive outfit just to wear around the house.

Maria 60
11-20-2015, 09:22 PM
I usally have cheaper pairs I wear underpants, but for some reason I have special pairs I wear when I feel like dressing classy.

kittie60
11-20-2015, 10:00 PM
We all have need to treat ourselves and I did just that the other day.I was watching evine and bought a real nice morganite necklace. That's going to go good with my studs I treated myself last year. We all need to treat are selves once in awhile.

Yinlingyen
11-22-2015, 09:07 PM
Well like all girls.
We got to treat ourselves every now and then.
For my birthday, I went and bought myself a pair of Jimmy Choo high heel sandals. Heaven to look at.
But to be honest, it was just as uncomfortable to wear like my other cheap high heels after 1 hour.
I have a shoe fetish, can't stop buying them.

bonni
11-29-2015, 10:00 AM
I treat myself every week. Now that I'm getting divorced and have a lot more money left over

Beverley Sims
11-29-2015, 01:45 PM
I have overindulged many times and the better quality merchandise does last longer.