PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding male v female dressing

AnnaMarie
11-24-2015, 09:41 AM
I spend a serious amount of time getting myself right when dressed femme and nowhere near as much time when I dress male.
So, do you spend more time when you dress femme than male and if so would your SO notice if you spent as much time dressing when male as you do femme?
Also, if that's the case, are we not quite selfish for not spending that amount of time for our loved ones?

alwayshave
11-24-2015, 09:47 AM
I don'the think it's selfish. Makeup and clothing accessories take a lot more time than shaving and putting on a suit and tie. The later I do every day so it's second nature as apposed to making myself pretty, that takes some work.

Krisi
11-24-2015, 09:57 AM
How much time and effort I put into dressing (either male or female) depends on what I will be doing and where I will be going once I'm dressed. I spend a lot more time if I'm taking my wife out to a nice restaurant than if I'm going to mow the lawn.

Crossdressing itself can be considered selfish if it takes time away from your family or friends.

Beverley Sims
11-24-2015, 10:00 AM
As a man, shower shampoo and shave, quick comb of the hair an I am done.
Jump into a pair of trousers, choice of four, shirt, choice of five and shoes... Then out the door.

For women, shower shampoo and shave the legs, blow dry the wet hair, apply makeup to hide the defects and otherwise accentuate the beauty, dress in foundation garments and other underclothing, then find a dress, choice of about fifty in the wardrobe to wear, shoes, probably a choice of hundreds.

Appropriate perfume, false eyelashes, jewellery, well it's about midnight now, we may as well stay at home. :-)

carhill2mn
11-24-2015, 01:17 PM
Of course I spend more time getting ready when presenting as a female. There are so many more things to do (grin).

KittyD
11-24-2015, 01:23 PM
Interesting question or thought :)
I'm mainly dressed in dull work wear most of the time because I work most of the time :sad:
But I would say I try to spend an equal amount of time dressing to look nice as male and female :D
As for my partner she is very happy with both of me and we spend a great deal of time looking after one and another :hugs:

Kate :D

Nadine Spirit
11-24-2015, 02:00 PM
Time has nothing to do with it. I try and look nice regardless of how I dress. When I am dressed as a male, I can get as fancy as I would like and it would never take as long as it would for me to dress as a woman. Do you know why? Not because I care more about myself when I dress as a woman, it is because the starting point for me is male. Take off all my clothes and standing there nude, I look very clearly like a male. It is quite obviously a male body. So for me to dress as a male and then look like a male is pretty easy stuff. Even if I am going the whole suit and tie route. But to make my obvious male body look female takes quite a bit of smoke and mirrors. I am better than when I first began, but it still takes more time and effort to be able to pull it off.

Make sense?

Teresa
11-24-2015, 02:24 PM
AnneMarie,
Sometimes you can work miracles ! I had to take some clothes in for alteration and did the drab to femme change in about five minutes ! OK I was mostly underdressed but still had to get out of drab, pop in my forms slip my heels on and present myself in the first outfit for the seamstress to work on ! I nearly thought about going in full makeup and wig but didn't know how close I could park !
I will admit that everyday it takes me about half an hour in the bathroom to have a facial shave, shave my chest and legs and then shower, maybe a little longer if I have my back and arms to shave as well. Makeup usually takes me about twenty minutes depending on how many times i poke myself in my eye and have to clean up !

Angie G
11-24-2015, 02:50 PM
Way longer dressing girly then boy mode.:hugs:
Angie

Kate Simmons
11-24-2015, 04:16 PM
I think I spend about the same amount of time in both modes from shower to out the door, about half an hour. It helps to have the outfits we will be wearing ready of course.:battingeyelashes::)

BLUE ORCHID
11-24-2015, 06:52 PM
Hi Anna Marie:hugs:, If I'm going to WAL*MART I just throw a robe over my pajamas and leave my hair up in crullers
and a pair of flip flops, Total time getting ready 00:00:45 . ~~...:daydreaming:...

Jaylyn
11-24-2015, 07:20 PM
I don't think I'm selfish not spending as much time getting dressed for my male side as my female side. It takes at least twice to three times as long to finish off enfemme as my normal male self. My makeup takes the longest, followed by hose heels and such.

Sky
11-25-2015, 10:42 AM
I spend a serious amount of time getting myself right when dressed femme and nowhere near as much time when I dress male.
So, do you spend more time when you dress femme than male and if so would your SO notice if you spent as much time dressing when male as you do femme?
Also, if that's the case, are we not quite selfish for not spending that amount of time for our loved ones?

If you just throw some t-shirt and baggy jeans as a guy, but get all dolled up as a girl, then yes I agree that's selfish to our loved ones.

Myself I'm a rather fussy dresser both as a man and as a woman, so I don't feel guilty. But indeed it takes more time to become a girl -at least until eyeliner becomes fashionable for men. :D

Lily Catherine
11-25-2015, 11:41 AM
I would contend that it's inevitable that a typical MTF CD would spend more time preparing to cross-dress all the way to full female presentaion, than preparing to dress as their male self. There are indeed more steps in the former process (starting from the naked body up) to begin with, especially when you try to make a woman out of an obviously male body.

When I spend time with my family (my parents), I'm for all purposes and intents their son and thus I dress that way - hopefully in their best interests. It's selfish enough to insist on dressing in their presence, but just as selfish to hide it from them. That said, I rarely get to dress and am in a glass closet, so I occupy a narrower spectrum of dressing up/down than as my male self.

sometimes_miss
11-26-2015, 06:34 PM
I don't compare how I dress as a male vs how I dress as a female. I compare how I do each to how my ex wife does; she spent a whole lot of her casual dressed time in clothes that were very similar to what guys do: Jeans, T shirt, sox & Sneakers, and that's it. Underwear was just basic. Even up a level, to nicer slacks/top/sweater or jacket, didn't really change how much work she had to put into it. She had a number of set accessories for each 'look' so it wasn't as if she had to pick and choose every time she got dressed. She kept her legs/armpits, privates shaved or trimmed all the time so that wasn't included in whatever level of dressing she did. And it worked out to about the same amount of time, unless she and I were getting dressed up really nice. She was one of the lucky women who had good hair, only needed a little brushing to look very nice, and good skin, mediterranean olive so she didn't need a whole lot of make up.
As I don't go out dressed as a girl, I don't know exactly how much time it would take to prepare. But seeing as there's no way that I could ever pass, it probably wouldn't be an attempt to fool anyone, so it wouldn't take an absurdly long time.

Brandy Mathews
11-26-2015, 06:47 PM
I agree, not selfish at all. It does take alot more time to do makeup, I need false lashes too, doing my nails, and I really enjoy doing it, always have. It is just a part of all of us on here I think.
Hugs,
Bree :)

pamela7
11-27-2015, 04:06 AM
the problem lies with "what goes with what else" - all that time working out what to wear, and whether i have enough things to go with the main piece
the making-up process is taking less and less time the more i do it, and so is choosing clothing combinations, i reckon i can get it down to 10 extra minutes
doing nails, adding make-up are additional work for going out in drag compared to drab, that's legit imo.