PDA

View Full Version : mirror,mirror everywhere

Allisa
11-26-2015, 07:36 PM
Why is it that when I get dressed and going thru the motions that feel so real to me, that my style is more of a younger person (40's maybe a little older), I've got my body to a size that I feel good at and I think is more suited to my femme self so I can wear smaller sizes to suit my height and not have to pad so much or bind too much. Yet in the mirror I see an older person that no amount of make-up is going to fix. When I try on clothes and look in the mirror I see a fairly nice girly figure than I see the face and an old "wo-man" shows up, quite unnerving for a short time in the woman's department and dressing area. I've tried to dress the part to fit the face but it just doesn't fit the mind and I feel incomplete as myself. I know looks aren't everything and attitude is but my attitude is diminished some by my unmatched face. Luckily my femme self is so engrained I can go on being me. I can't help but to look in the mirror often to make sure my hair is still in place (style wise that is, not wigged).I guess I'm just in a funk lately with the weather changing and less sunlight during the day hours. Just venting on a holiday evening, days off during the week throws everything haywire. Good-bye all

Maria 60
11-26-2015, 08:16 PM
Vent away, there's no better place to do it. I to sometimes think iam dressed and looking great and then I'll take some pictures and it doesn't look pretty at all. My wife always says I look great, I just don't see it.

Gabby6790
11-26-2015, 09:23 PM
I quiet often see a good looking body/dressed (read younger) lady that I take a second look at and then realize they are older. A lot of times I think good for you, you look great.

Dorit
11-27-2015, 02:06 AM
My SO and I can completely relate to what you wrote. Because of our exercise and diet routine we both have slim. fairly youthful figures and love to dress in clothes that are considered more appropriate for younger women. But like you, our faces give away our true age! Maybe because we share this, we take it easier, plus most of the time we are dressed at home and rarely go out. I guess it just means learning to accept ourselves and aging, and that we are still beautiful women. Jane Fonda also helps, knowing she is 77, dresses young, and is greatly admired!

pamela7
11-27-2015, 06:01 AM
i try to avoid the mirror; i'm dressing for myself, tho' i have to take into consideration that I look presentable enough for my SO to let me out the front door. The majority of older women don't necessarily look like they did in their youth, so we get slack cut by others for sure. Today out walking my mother's dog I passed a few ladies from young to elderly, they all smiled at me, some said hello, and trust me it does not happen when i'm in drab, so even tho' i was unshaven for 3 days, no make-up, the skirt was enough to be part of the ladies' tribe.

kittie60
11-27-2015, 06:37 AM
I have found this to be true also. I chalk it up to the age thing. I dress for my age and had little problems in the facial depth. Alas the age thing. Facial muscles deteriorate and so on. I was watching one of the home shopping networks and am going to try some of the new creams and cosmetics they have for us " mature women ". We have to work harder now to good to ourselves

BLUE ORCHID
11-27-2015, 08:08 AM
Hi Lisa:hugs:, I really don't like to look in the mirror till my wig is on. ~~...:daydreaming:...

paulaprimo
11-27-2015, 01:12 PM
i have those days myself... i look into the mirror and it suddenly shatters.
if its 7 years bad luck every time one breaks, i'm doomed to the year 4868! :D

bobbimo
11-28-2015, 07:40 AM
you really owe it to yourself to have a makeover.
Your not far from True colors in New Hope, PA, or Glamour Boutique.
Give your self a Christmas present and have a pro give you some tips and get polished up.
Dump the funk and SMILE
Hugs
Bobbi