PDA

View Full Version : Do you think there's something that would make you stop dressing?

Laurana
11-28-2015, 10:57 PM
Not someone but something.

For me, there are three things that would make me stop:

1: I lose too much hair. Either just on top or going completely bald. I won't wear a wig.

2: I become fat. If my gut starts to hang so low or gets so large I can't see my feet.

3: I can't dress myself the way I like. If I have to trade in my short shorts and mini skirts for slacks and pant suits I might as well wear jorts.

It may sound vain but that's the way it is.

So what about you?

Robin414
11-28-2015, 11:30 PM
I'd say if I stopped looking (and subsequently feeling) like a woman I'd probably purge - been there, done that over 20 yrs ago 😕

JoanAz
11-28-2015, 11:30 PM
YES ! If I woke up tomorrow as a WOMEN I would never wear MEN'S clothing again,,,
(((( HUGGS ))))

MissDanielle
11-28-2015, 11:40 PM
I'm with Joan. The moment I move, I am never wearing men's clothing ever again. Well, I may wear my sports shirts until I get the women's versions of them. But yeah, never wearing men's underwear or boxers ever again.

Edie Palmer
11-29-2015, 12:14 AM
I haven't dressed in years, given that I have to pretend to be the ultra-male at my job.

2B Natasha
11-29-2015, 12:38 AM
Probably the only thing would be a transition or death. I can control the rest of the outside influences. Fat? Exercise. Bald? Scarf. No ability to dress inappropriately? Don't care.

Jacqueline StGermain
11-29-2015, 01:47 AM
Hmmmmm. Death , or move to a nudist colony, which ever comes first.

Carol P
11-29-2015, 05:04 AM
Getting caught and humiliated, stopped me for a while

Jenniferpl
11-29-2015, 05:34 AM
There is no stopping it. If there was, I would have stopped by now.

Jaclyn
11-29-2015, 05:52 AM
I could never stop completely. Being transgender has always been a roller-coaster for me. Sometime I have temporarily stopped but it's always short lived.
Jackie

Steph22
11-29-2015, 05:55 AM
I don't think I'll ever completely stop.

Teresa
11-29-2015, 07:22 AM
Laurana,
Only one thing , if my wife purged all my things !

I accept a wig, my hair just refuses to grow where I want it, it's no use on my back, legs and chest !
I will admit not being able to go to the stores and pick a size 12 would be upsetting, no way will I let a gut form !
I have one pair of female trousers , sent to me by counsellor, they fit great and are definitely female because they have three buttons and side zip and no fly !

Adriana Moretti
11-29-2015, 09:36 AM
being broke..........its my biggest fear.......its happened before....lost my car...it died, then my job cause I lost my car, then my apt cause I lost my job...still havent fully recovered....but made enough progress to get back in the game .....thats the only thing......

sometimes_miss
11-29-2015, 09:38 AM
Let's see; a massive stroke might do it. Or maybe losing both arms. But that's about it. Of course, like Louis CK, if you told me that the next time I wore female clothing I would be executed, that would do it too. We do what we have to, to survive.

SandraInHose
11-29-2015, 09:53 AM
There is no stopping it. If there was, I would have stopped by now.

Yep, that sums it up for me, too.

If it were possible for me to stop, I know my life would be simpler and my marriage would be better. But as hard as might try to stop, that usually makes the urge even stronger

Chandlyr Ellis
11-29-2015, 12:12 PM
Death may stop my dressing, though my SO says she is going to bury me in a Versace gown she spied at a shop in Las Vegas. For now, however, there is no stopping. And like most, I have tried and tried and tried. My girth and hairline are hereditary, requiring me to bypass the Juniors section in favor of Plus sizes… and wigs are now required (which has some advantages). I’ve gotten use to it.

Beverley Sims
11-29-2015, 01:15 PM
Only the day I turn up my toes.

kittie60
11-29-2015, 01:48 PM
The only thing that would stop me is death. I even have my outfit and lingerie and shoes picked out. Sounds morbid but thats the way it is

AllieSF
11-29-2015, 02:44 PM
Maybe some serious medical issues that would the actual act of dressing as a woman very difficult if not impossible without third party support. I hope that day never comes, because it would also affect my male life too.

Alytv
11-29-2015, 09:16 PM
In short, no, not really. I've had patches between dressing up and not being able to but I've always come back to it. Its part of who I am.

Aly

LydiaL
11-29-2015, 09:28 PM
My Dad kind of jolted me during my last visit... stating I need to get a will put together sooner than later.

He is probably right, even though he has no idea that I dress.

Perhaps I will be able to wander off into the Tundra or step off a cliff in the US Southwest when I so choose.... dressed to the max, of course!

ossian
11-29-2015, 11:27 PM
I guess death. Everything else has failed. Jeez all the useless purges. I just want to focus on positive aspects of this before my time on this earth is done. I only have one chance at this life.

docrobbysherry
11-30-2015, 12:35 AM
I'm 70+ yet Sherry has a figure to die for!:devil:

So, eventually I probably will!:tongueout

Jazzy Jaz
11-30-2015, 02:09 AM
Not as long as there's sexy dresses, skirts, heels, bras, panties, garters/stockings, lingerie, makeup etc.

Cheryl T
11-30-2015, 04:02 PM
My vote is for Death. That will definitely end it for me.
Other than that maybe ending up in a wheel chair and unable to dress myself. That part depends on who is dressing me of course and how understanding they are.
the last I can come up with is Alzheimer's. I might not be able to remember where my male clothes are....

Crissy Kay
11-30-2015, 04:41 PM
World War three, or another civil war would do it for me.

Acastina
12-02-2015, 09:55 PM
Only things that would put it beyond my control. Death, long-term incarceration, dementia. I'm so far beyond the urge to purge that it's not even in my visible universe. Wigs are tolerable (I get by with a clip-in topper hairpiece over my thin top; the rest is coming up on six years' growth with only two minor trims for split ends). I've never had issues with controlling my weight. Aging happens, but one can slow its effects with more attention to detail with moisturizers and grooming, not to mention simply accepting that it's a part of a normal life that none of us can change.

I suppose something like a fascist overthrow of the current legal and social environment could put an end to public appearance (or private, if they come after memberships like ours here), but, absent that kind of drastic upheaval, nothing.

Stephj
12-02-2015, 10:05 PM
I have tried to stop so many times I finally come to the cold hard truth I can't with out going crazy so only when I pass on

TrishaTX
12-02-2015, 10:30 PM
impossible

Tracii G
12-02-2015, 11:31 PM
If WWIII started I would saddle up lock and load oh and be sure to take my make up bag with me.
So the answer is no why would I stop?

Patty Phose
12-03-2015, 10:35 AM
I dressed a lot in college. After college I gradually threw out or donated most of my clothes. My party girl days were over. I got married, bought a house, had kids and worked my ass off. Years later I'm clicking around on the TV and came upon a drag queen show. My wife commented, "remember when you used to do that?" Was I doing "drag"? Cross dressing? I don't know. Never thought it through that much. I just wanted to show off my legs in pantyhose and party.

I went out and bought a couple of dresses, a few pairs of shoes, a few wigs, some makeup and dressed up for her. The makeup attempt was a disaster just like it used to be. I was surprised at how I could slip on the heels and walk in them like I never stopped wearing them. It felt really good to be dressed again. She got a kick out of it. So I began dressing again.

What made me stop is life went in different directions where dressing was not a priority or possibility. I might stop again if circumstances change again but for now, I'm looking to step it up and have fun with it.

Angie G
12-03-2015, 10:58 AM
Yes there is it called DEATH.:hugs:

Lily Catherine
12-03-2015, 11:05 AM
Thus far I have only ever considered myself to have paused at my own command - to say "I decide not to dress". As for stopping proper - never revisiting dressing ever - nope. Not at all. Can't stop won't stop.

vickyybluee
12-03-2015, 06:53 PM
I honestly think that if I had a wife that I loved I would quit. Not saying that having a wife and CDing is bad but I dont think that I would be able to do it being the type of person that I am.

gokatiegirl
12-03-2015, 07:13 PM
my death

- - - Updated - - -

I dressed a lot in college. After college I gradually threw out or donated most of my clothes. My party girl days were over. I got married, bought a house, had kids and worked my ass off. Years later I'm clicking around on the TV and came upon a drag queen show. My wife commented, "remember when you used to do that?" Was I doing "drag"? Cross dressing? I don't know. Never thought it through that much. I just wanted to show off my legs in pantyhose and party.

You sound like my kind of gurl! I did the same thing in college and had blast doing it.

Krisi
12-04-2015, 10:09 AM
If it came to a choice between my marriage and dressing, I would stop. Other things would be; loosing interest, a serious illness or health problem, (as someone mentioned) incarceration, having my children move in with me (not likely, they are doing well and have their own families), and other unforeseen circumstances. Never say never.

I am fortunate enough to be in a position to occasionally take long trips away from home. Usually a month or even two. I do not take female stuff with me (except for my panties) and do not "dress" the entire time. I have other tings to do. Crossdressing does not control my life, I do.

Stephanie47
12-04-2015, 01:40 PM
I have seen women who are bald due to cancer/chemo treatments.

I have seen many very attractive women who are a little overweight.

I have seen many women who are "mature" wearing mini skirts and generally have a look that is better suited for teenagers and young adults.

With advancing age also comes wisdom, hopefully. Are you vain? No, you just have to accept the fact that some things are within your control. Others are not.

Is there something that would stop me dead in my tracks from dressing? Not yet. Yes, there have been short term breaks as in military service. No boutiques in the jungles of Southeast Asia. I cannot predict the future. Maybe there is. Time will tell.

Confucius
12-04-2015, 03:15 PM
Technically, I don't think its possible to completely stop.

When I was about 5 years old I was dressed and humiliated terribly. It made me stop for a little while, and then continue in secret.

When I became a born-again Christian, it make me stop for about a year.

When I started having children, I tried to stop permanently, and I did a good job of that for years. However it still creeps back in.

BTW: I am growning bald, overweight, and cannot pass as a female, but that doesn't stop me.

Claire Cook
12-05-2015, 08:58 AM
Ummm ... I think it would be called comatosis....

mikayla1964
12-05-2015, 09:12 AM
OK I'm not perfect and I'm not the prettiest as for that I may not even be in the pretty category but I can say this. Dressing once you have found it and have dressed often and enjoy yourself you can never quit .Well not in the sense of the brain you will always have that in the back of your mind. you may pause it for a time but it never truly leaves you .As for world war 3 you will find me in a dress and combat boots packing a weapon and I don't mean the one in my panties either.. lol be more like a lora croft from tomb raiders..lol just embrace it and live your life the best you can. I will never beable to stop and believe me I have tried..

suchacutie
12-05-2015, 09:12 AM
There is nothing that could put the mental genie back into the bottle. Tina exists permanently as a part of who I am.

On the other side, how much of my life is spent transformed to Tina can be affect by life. We are in a bit of a drought of Tina time at the moment because of current life conditions, but that won't last forever.

So, Tina is with me every day, and only a completely debilitating illness would keep her from surfacing permanently.

CarlaWestin
12-05-2015, 09:54 AM
Either death or an evil mistress that kept me chained up naked in the garage.

margararet
12-07-2015, 12:38 AM
I agree with many previous statements Only when I am no longer breathing. Margaret is the part of me that makes me feel whole. I am only
truly happy when I am Margaret which is more and more often these days

Just4me
12-07-2015, 01:15 AM
No I dont think there is I have put it off for so long watching my children grow 2 marriages and a longterm girlfriend now I get to dress at will its mine its here and its here to stay my next relationship will accept me dressed or I will die alone dressed as sexy as can be

natcrys
12-07-2015, 08:35 AM
Like many have said.. only extremely serious catastrophic situations could stop me: death, war, living in a country where they execute you for being LGBTQ, asteroids in a world without Bruce Willis, gamma ray bursts close to Earth, locally created black holes, etc. :p

All the other things... relationships, friends or family who are crashing at my place for more than a couple of weeks: I will not stop doing what I do. I will tell them.. and then it's up to them. :whistling: