PDA

View Full Version : Shopping

TrishaTX
11-29-2015, 08:34 PM
Funny, I do my fair share of shopping and have little angst about it, today I bought some makeup and the women says wow you are good, you buy this for daughter or wife. Of course I said daughter...but ya think she knew and was giving herself an out? Funny, that is how I feel each time someone does that...my cover always includes throw the receipt in the bag!

:eek::eek::eek:

Angie G
11-29-2015, 09:08 PM
I do most of angies shopping.Only onecs did some one told me the things should look good on me. then said just joking.:hugs:
Angie

Chandlyr Ellis
11-29-2015, 09:21 PM
I was sifting thru the dresses at one of our local thrift stores on Black Friday (1/2 off sale), when a pleasant lady ask "are you shopping for yourself" she had the widest eyes of surprise when I said "well, yes, of course I am". After a short pause I added "No, not really, my wife hates shopping and has little time for it". I'm was not sure if she was going to be comfortable with my "yes" answer, so I thought it best to difuse the situation.

The lady then went about her business but did offer up a few suggestions of things that might look cute on my wife.
Her taste were not mine.

PaulaQ
11-29-2015, 09:21 PM
Why not tell the clerk they are for you, and see if she can help you match your skin tones and such, and otherwise earn her pay?

phoenix1105
11-30-2015, 06:14 AM
I have lurked on this board for some time, but I think I am coming out of my self imposed exile...lol.

I'm 35 now and have been buying women's clothes for at least 15 years. It has only been within the last 6 months I got the courage to say I was shopping for myself. One day I woke up and called one of the local Victoria's Secret stores and asked them if it was ok if I brought in my breastforms and got fitted. The lady said sure, and told me to ask for her when I came in. The drive was nerve racking, but I made it. When I approached the lady in person, she measured my band size and suggested several styles and sizes to start with. It took some trial and error, but she was very helpful. I tried on probably a dozen bras. I got the look of death from other women shopping, but the associates were totally cool with it. Since then I have gone back to the same store and have kinda gotten to know the ladies. They tell me about all the sales, and what is new. It is almost a given that I am going to try on the bras before I buy.

I recently went to a smaller store that sells club wear, corset, and just generally sexy clothes. I went in and when the lady asked if I needed help I just said I wasn't sure of my size, and might need some help. Once again, no judgement, and she was a great help. She even helped me get in and out of a few corsets, lacing and unlacing them while I tried them on.

I am still a little gun shy about going to stores in a mall and buying dresses or tops, but I hope to do it soon.

fionna
11-30-2015, 06:26 AM
I am still a little gun shy about going to stores in a mall and buying dresses or tops, but I hope to do it soon.

It's funny how you make the courage to go to a Victoria Secret that for me is almost the most difficult place to go ever. And quite the opposite I don't struggle at all on going to the mall and doing general shopping for me, as you kinda blend more easily in the rows and rows of clothes, then go to the till and that it as the cashier will never care less what are you buying. Were Victoria Secret is all eyes over you, and you get this personalized attention.

Just a comment as how different is the perception of "Danger" on each one.

mechamoose
11-30-2015, 06:35 AM
'fess up

'Yes, it is for me. What do you think of this? I really like prints like this.'

After all, what is the worst that could happen? They say no or make some disparaging remark. We have thicker skins than that, no?

Fear just means courage exists. You see the risk and do it anyway.

<3

- MM

larry
11-30-2015, 07:45 AM
This reminded me of last weeks shopping trip. I went to a Victorias Secret Pink shop. One of the young Ladies asked this old man if he needed help. I told her I was looking for boy shorts. She asked what size is she?. I said they are for me and need to be large. As I was leaving it was clear she had shared this with the other Girls cause I could see them running around smiling and checking me out. Actually I realized I was enjoying it rather than being nervous. As a matter of fact I think I will go back today. hehe

Sharon B.
11-30-2015, 11:15 AM
I have found that if you tell the SA's that the items are for you they seem to want to help more, I have tried on a a skirt and a top before buying them. Makes for another regular customer, of course you will find not all SA's are the same some think it is disgusting but my money can be spent somewhere else.

docrobbysherry
11-30-2015, 12:15 PM
No. Most SA's don't know or care. She probably was just making conversation.

Folks that suggest u tell them it's for u r those that like drawing attention to themselves or stirring things up!:brolleyes:

When I'm shopping I don't know or care about the SA's any more than they do about me. They r just there to do a job. And, I'm just there to buy what I need and go on my way!:straightface:

Beverley Sims
11-30-2015, 12:15 PM
I 'fess up almost instantly.

I have had some wonderful interactions trying on clothes and a couple of makeup sessions where I literally got dragged to the chair by the demonstrators as I chose quiet times to ask them questions.

LindaAnne
12-25-2015, 05:41 PM
I had a similar experience as larry did at Victoria Secrets earlier this month. They had one of their wonderful 5 panties for $27 sale (it's just too good to pass up!). I went to the panty area and a SA came up to me and was asking me what I was looking for. I told her I was looking for bikinis and she was very helpful in showing me exactly where to look. Then she asked "what size does she wear?" I responded very politely (but quietly as there were many others nearby) that these panties were for me. She paused for just a split-second, and then seemed to go out of her way to help me! I was so nervous as this was the first time I've ever told a SA they were for me specifically. She was so nice! After looking around a few minutes with the other women (I love sorting through them standing besides them, makes me feel so natural), she had another customer to help out with. To my surprise, she had asked a junior SA to come over and continue helping me. She came up and touched my elbow and said she had been asked to give me some "special help" as she grinned. I smiled back, we chatted about the panties, and eventually I purchased well more than the 5 i came in to purchase! It was such a wonderful experience.

Brandy Mathews
12-25-2015, 06:11 PM
I don't think that I would have the guts to tell them that the things are for me. I do the same thing and tell them that the stuff is for my girlfriend. Maybe some day though.
Hugs,
Bree :)

jeni
12-26-2015, 01:09 AM
Same as Bree I would say there for my wife and ask for a gift box.

Eryn
12-26-2015, 03:35 AM
I used to have contingency plans that involved saying that something was for my wife, etc. Never used them.

Then I started shopping dressed and the need for those plans went away. Of course it was for me!

One time I was waiting in a Dress Barn for my wife to try something on. I was in boy mode, but holding something for her. The salesgirl came up to me and asked "Are you shopping for yourself today?" I replied "Not today, I'm holding it for her" (pointing at the dressing room). She didn't bat an eye, just smiled and went on with her business.

flatlander_48
12-26-2015, 09:36 AM
I'm 35 now and have been buying women's clothes for at least 15 years. It has only been within the last 6 months I got the courage to say I was shopping for myself. One day I woke up and called one of the local Victoria's Secret stores and asked them if it was ok if I brought in my breastforms and got fitted. The lady said sure, and told me to ask for her when I came in.

=======

It's funny how you make the courage to go to a Victoria Secret that for me is almost the most difficult place to go ever. And quite the opposite I don't struggle at all on going to the mall and doing general shopping for me, as you kinda blend more easily in the rows and rows of clothes, then go to the till and that it as the cashier will never care less what are you buying. Were Victoria Secret is all eyes over you, and you get this personalized attention.

Just a comment as how different is the perception of "Danger" on each one.

To me, this is a fascinating contrast in human nature: perceiving the same situation in very different ways. I don't have an explanation for it, but I suspect somewhere along that line there were very different sets of experiences.

I'm a big motorsports fans and every now and then you'll see a news item where a race driver is invited to an air base for a ride in a fighter plane. They'll do loops, inverted flying, barrel rolls, climb straight up from take-off, etc. The driver reciprocates by taking the pilot for a ride in a race car set up with 2 seats at a place like Daytona or Indianapolis.

Invariably you'll get the following reactions: "That was REALLY scary!! I think I'll stick to what I do.". The thing is, you'll see very similar comments from both parties. You would think that Danger IS Danger, but the reality is that it is very context and perception sensitive.

Those Hu-Mans are full of surprises...

DeeAnn

SANDRA MICHELLE
12-29-2015, 03:00 PM
Fionna, I love the personal attention at Victoria Secret, they are always nice and couldn't care less about you being a man trying on bra's. They are there to sell you as much as they can, just like any store should do. I also have shopped at many malls and always try on the clothes that I pick out, I just do not enjoy returning things so I try them on to make sure I'll like it. I have never had a negative experience. I think it takes courage to go into any store, VS is actually a pretty easy choice since they have what we want and all they care about is the color of our money.

AllieBellema
12-29-2015, 06:33 PM
I can be pretty nervous about doing this. Although, just before Christmas, I finally swallowed the pride and shopped for a bra and panties for myself now that I was armed with the sizes I needed. Figured everybody was too busy with last minute shopping to pay attention to a guy wearing a football coat shopping for that type of stuff. Didn't have any run ins at all and it even took me a while to find my bra size as I shopped. To avoid further embarassment, I checked out at the self checkout so I could ring it up quickly without anybody noticing.

Amanda Monica
12-29-2015, 06:40 PM
Flatlander_48 --- interesting insight about context.

Darling Micki
01-02-2016, 01:19 AM
It depends on my mood, and what I am buying.

In the mall the other day at "Love Culture", I picked out a cute knee-length moleskin skirt and a white 3/4 sleeve top.
I also saw a matching moleskin sleeved drape but wasn't sure it would go with what I had. I actually asked another passing shopper her opinion and when she asked I told her it was for me.

Then this past weekend in Target there was a cute black dress with a lace overlay in my size. Zhooop into my cart it went. But when I got to the checker I didn't say anything about it except that I wanted to keep the hanger. I am hoping to wear it out to a local night club this weekend. I'll post pictures if I can

I talk very openly about my habit from time to time. Other times I am very closed lipped...

But my shopping is getting more open

Judy-Somthing
01-02-2016, 01:29 AM
I went into a Girdle Shop in Boston and said I was looking for something for my wife.

Well after I said she was a 38B they said "if it's for you don't be shy, lots of men come in here"

They were very friendly and measured me, which was a little embarrassing but, I ended up getting something that fit right.

Mandy_K
01-02-2016, 02:44 AM
I always shop in male mode, I used to be so petrified when i first started shopping but now a days i just go in with full confidence (it may be an act but feels real) try to shop as if i am truly and objectively buying for someone else, pay whilst in all business mode and leave casually, helps me keep the nerves at bay. when i am out shopping with the wife it is absolutely perfect :)

gabriella1964
01-21-2016, 11:17 PM
the last few bras and panties and a waist cincher I bought at walmart with my wife ....If someone is near where we are looking I just say honey do you like this one...hehehehehehe i need to bite the bullet and be brave like some of you on here. Its such a small town atmosphere where i live to many people know who everyone is and im not out yet so im a chicken still.

Teresa
01-22-2016, 02:02 AM
Trisha,
Just go for it, I asked for a colour check on my skin in Boots, the beautician sat me down and said she would just put a couple small tester patches on my skin and ended up doing the whole of the left side of my face, yes I did get some funny looks from customers !

Kimberley May
01-22-2016, 02:33 AM
I went into a few of my local charity shops last Saturday and finally had the courage to by this cute little purple cardigan with flared cuffs for £3.00. I'm wearing it right now. It's a Marks & Spencers brand too. Unfortunately I ran out of money at the next charity shop for this lovely cool tiny black jacket with zips on the shoulder which would have went perfect with my little black skirts, unfortunately it's now gone when I went back a few days later.

I have shopped in Peacocks before and bought a lovely dressing gown, a bra, croptop and strapless bras and a couple of t-shirts. I ended up giving the gown away though as it was quite big and was worried in case anyone found it. But I ordered a lighter satin one now which will be much easier to store. I do most of my shopping online now, but it is more difficult getting the sizes right. Hopefully in time I will memorise the correct sizes of all clothing items.

I so wish I had the confidence to just walk into a store, and ask to try some dresses on and even ask for assistance without anyone judging me. Even better to walk the streets at anytime anywhere wearing my female clothes. Unfortunately I feel that women would assume that I'm some sort of creep, because as a middle-aged guy with cleft palate, I feel I'm not that attractive looking to them anyway. Maybe it's partially why I feel the need to dress-up.

AnnaMarie
01-22-2016, 02:41 AM
Trisha,
Just go for it, I asked for a colour check on my skin in Boots, the beautician sat me down and said she would just put a couple small tester patches on my skin and ended up doing the whole of the left side of my face, yes I did get some funny looks from customers !

I did exactly the same in Boots to a bemused SA. I was in drab and quite embarrassed at the time so needless to say the match came back 'pink'.

nikkiwindsor
01-22-2016, 04:29 AM
Trisha, I purchase most of my makeup at Ulta for me! And the SAs are very helpful. As all us girls know, getting the right color of foundation is tough. Nikki

Teresa
01-22-2016, 06:13 AM
AnnaMarie,
I was in drab the only day I had spare was Sunday morning, I thought it would be too busy, but I still asked the floor manager and she took me to a booth to wait for a beautician . She checked my colour as wheat in No7 so she applied some samples and then did half my face and then applied powder to show me how it looked. After the clean down she acted like my personal shopper and went round the lipstick and mascara choices. it was the best Sunday morning I'd had in a while and she thanked me for relieving a normal boring Sunday.
I was nervous but won't hesitate again to get my makeup checked.

Dee-anna
01-22-2016, 10:47 AM
i was in male mode at the thrift shop yesterday looking for a pair of ladies leather shorts a man came up to me held up a pink denim skirt and asked if it would look ok on him i told him it would look lovely but go try it on in the change room off he went a near by SA said to me she tried to help him but he got all embarrassed and walked away latter saw him at the check out buying the skirt .

flatlander_48
01-22-2016, 02:02 PM
Sometimes all that is needed is a gentle nudge...

DeeAnn

Alicia Rae
01-22-2016, 02:20 PM
I am new to CD'ing and do most of my shopping at thrift stores. Do most of you shop in men's clothing or go out dressed? I want to get a bra but I have been so nervous to go to VS. I think I might have the courage now reading the good comments here about VS.

shawnsheila
01-22-2016, 02:43 PM
When I go buy make up, if it is at a place like MAC or Clinique, if I am in boy mode, I show them a femm pic of me and tell them I am TG/CD and they are super cool. I have also gone in girl mode as well and had them help me with make up too :)

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Alicia,
I have been in you heels (shoes) before and don't worry about it girl! Just go to VS, tell them you are TG/CD and ask if they can help you with a proper fitting... be sure to let them know if you want space for fake boobs too... depending on where you are from, they have probably seen it all... also don't get upset if they ask another woman to fit you and getting a bra that fits well is very important :)

CourtneyJamieson
01-22-2016, 02:47 PM
There is quite a variance regarding comfort in shopping on this site. I am in the camp that believes VS is the Mount Everest of shopping in Fem. I am comfortable going into most department stores (i.e. Penney's, Macy's, Bergner's, Sear's, etc) and perusing the women's department in Fem attire. I have even used fitting rooms and bought items from these stores in my Fem wear. But I cannot get up the courage to even walk into a VS in Fem attire. The SAs immediately come up to you and ask to help. I am not to the point yet that I am comfortable with that. So I NEVER venture into VS when in Fem mode. Now that being said, I have shopped in VS in male mode many times. Each time I was really (No really, I mean it) shopping for some items for my SO on her B-Day or V-Day. When shopping in guy mode for my SO I have never had any reservations about shopping at VS or any other women's store for that matter. I am just never embarrassed about it. A guy buying lingerie for his SO is perfectly normal. I have even asked VS sales agents for help on these occasions.

Janet Bern
01-22-2016, 03:07 PM
The more we admit what we buy is for us, the more SAs and sales people will know
that there are many of us.. besides it is so much easier to say "its for me"
as long as you aren't in your own neighborhood.

flatlander_48
01-22-2016, 03:19 PM
A R:

I frequent a SAVERS thrift store in Rochester. I'll be up that way early next week. What I wear when I go is largely a matter of convenience. Usually I go in male mode as it is one of 2 or 3 stops for the afternoon. For next week, my primary reason is going to have some work done on my car. They know Don. They do not know DeeAnn and there is no reason for them to know. On the other hand, I have gone early to the monthly GNO there and stopped at SAVERS while dressed.

The only difference is what I try on. With a wig and makeup, I do anything that goes on over the head. Makeup is the obvious reason, but if I knock the wig out of place, I cannot straighten it up. My wife helps me at home as I don't have sufficient elbow and shoulder flexibility.

DeeAnn

tallseeker49
02-20-2016, 12:30 PM
Mail order is slow but wait is worth it.

suzanne
02-20-2016, 02:32 PM
Once you get accustomed to "owning it" in a dress or lingerie shop, it gets waaaaaaay better. As many have stated, SAs don't judge. Not only that, they have a lot of very valuable knowledge about their products and a practiced eye, assets everyone should take advantage of. Use the fitting rooms and ask for their opinions. SAs are just as happy helping you as they are helping any female customer and, just like them, you greatly improve your chances of coming out with something you love AND looks right on you.

I don't believe going into a store and saying "It's for me" constitutes stirring things up. Yes, you get noticed, and definitely remembered by sales staff, but you're just being a customer, not putting on a drag show.

Jackie7
02-20-2016, 03:22 PM
In my experience, seasoned SAs, like good wait-persons and makeup counter girls, know that a crossdressing man who is treated nicely is the easiest sale of all. We are so grateful that we'll probably buy whatever they show us.

Bruce64
02-20-2016, 03:33 PM
Suddenly I got very brave and if asked or if someone ask me if I needed assistance my favourite lines are " I am looking for some thing for myself and if you can kindly assist me please" and I am impressed that the ladies in the stores are extremely helpful. I would have been embarassed and afraid several years ago, Today I am a purchasing Customer that's what the Sales Ladies see and for sure I have Money to buy their Merchandise.

Gari
02-20-2016, 06:03 PM
I get a thrill from shopping and interacting with the sales women. I really try hard to describe what I'm looking for so they can help me find something nice. The interaction is a big turn on for me.

RylieM
02-20-2016, 10:17 PM
You girls are inspiring me a bit and making me a bit jealous I don't know I have the courage to even buy anyong in guy mode let alone dress up first. Im single but the clerks dont have to know that :).

lingerieLiz
02-20-2016, 10:56 PM
I was in a Ross store one day going through the bras looking for a special one that I had found one of at another Ross. My size was on the bottom row and I was bent down engrossed in finding it (Ross always has their bras messed up). Being bent over I'm sure the bra I had on showed through my white top. A woman walked up behind me and said, Do you wear them every day? Without thinking I said yes. Then stood up, she backed away as I asked if it bothered her. She said, No I'm cool with it and backed away. I watched her as she walked around the store and think she was a loss prevention person.

Milly1410
02-21-2016, 01:51 AM
I envy you so much girls, i couldn't be able to go to a store and buy make up or something else on male mode. Any tips, for feeling less shy while buying stuff? Should i say it's for a present?

LydiaL
02-21-2016, 03:35 AM
I often buy ladies clothes now in stores without worrying about it.

But just a couple days ago, I had an uncomfortable experience. Went into a Kohl's looking for sale items and an opportunity to use a discount coupon. Almost immediately a store person, whom I concluded was on "theft watch". asked if I needed assistance and then kept an eagle eye on me for awhile after that.

WTF, even though in guy garb, I was not wearing a hoodie or wearing my jeans half way down my butt!!

Oh well, I just passed up browsing all those gorgeous dresses this time. Their loss.

Did find closeout athletic/walking shoes in just my size. Now have no excuse to get in some weight loss exercise.

Abbey11
02-21-2016, 07:24 AM
I envy you so much girls, i couldn't be able to go to a store and buy make up or something else on male mode. Any tips, for feeling less shy while buying stuff? Should i say it's for a present?
Hi Milly, you don't say where your from. In all stores you can go in and buy what you want if you feel more comfortable saying its a present that's cool, if you want to get a colour match however for foundation or discuss general makeup then better to say it's for you. I had the same reservations but just decided to reveal it was for me and there was no issue at all and apparently they get a lot a men asking, for the SA no big deal x

fly2188
02-21-2016, 07:24 AM
I want to get a bra but I have been so nervous to go to VS. I think I might have the courage now reading the good comments here about VS.

I can also vouch for the helpfulness of the staff at VS. Last time I went (dressed in male works clothes), when the SA came up to me. I said I was looking for a bra and asked for a fitting. She didn't even skip a beat. Walked me back to the dressing room, measured me, and brought a few styles for me to try. I was very impressed.

I've never been asked if I need help when shopping at other stores for CD clothes, but after my experiences at VS if/when it happens I'd like to think I would admit it was for me.

Abbey11
02-21-2016, 07:34 AM
Trisha,
Hi Teresa, I've had exactly the same experience at boots, the SA or I should say SAs, I had 3 at 1 point, were brilliant and very helpful. Only 1 customer, GG, looked over and kept wandering around the same display so they could look over again and again they weren't smirking or anything just seemed interested, was a very nice experience x

Leighcdmd
02-21-2016, 08:11 AM
Notwithstanding the temporary angst of shopping for oneself, the facts are immutable. Within seconds after completing the transaction, you are out of the SA's life forever. You are not doing anything illegal, immoral or unethical. It is a simple, straight forward commercial transaction where your money is just as good as the next person's. Life is too short to allow oneself to be intimidated by a hostile, nosy or officious salesperson or cashier. My silent mantra to myself is "Why would I care what you think??"

suchacutie
02-21-2016, 01:58 PM
This is yet again why this forum is just fantastic. I wish I had been reading a thread like this before the first time I went shopping.

My wife and I were together to buy Tina some heels. We were in Payless (me in drab) and having found the size for Tina, my wife said she was going to look for herself while I looked for Tina and tried some on saying as she left, "get what looks good as she needs to start somewhere". So, without thinking I'm just trying on size 11 and 12 heels, when from behind me I hear, "are those for you?". I turned and it was an SA. Well, of course I panicked for a second. I had just not thought about it and had no idea what to say. She finally just said that a second pair would be half off and to ask if I needed any help.

It was a great lesson in "being prepared" but also in just owning what you are doing.

Another time a young man asked me if I was buying shoes for me (again trying them on) and he was delighted when I said yes because this was his first time and really needed help.

The worst I've ever had is a monitor of a male changing room ask me if I knew that the jeans I was brining into the room to try on were for women. I just looked her in the eye, smiled, and answered in the affirmative. I could see she was not pleased, but for the life of me I can't see what business is was of hers. I did buy one of the pairs I tried on :).

I must admit I've gotten to the point where I have started to enjoy shopping for Tina, and am eager for the comments. They can be just so much fun!

Eva Skarlatova
02-21-2016, 03:41 PM
Alicia, if you are uncertain about real shopping, there is an easy decision - online shopping, there are plenty of conversion charts, guides, explanations in addition, you know. Of course it's not the same. The feeling of touching of all you want, all you need can not be replaced with any. If you have a chance to meet a friendly SA the satisfaction jump to the roof :)

Judy-Somthing
02-21-2016, 04:16 PM
A long long time ago when there use to be Girdle Stores I wanted an All in One real bad.

I got up the nerve and I went in the store. I told the SA I was looking for an OB all in one for my wife.

Well for some reason they didn't believe it was for my wife.

The two women said "don't be embarrassed, if I wanted it to fit right we'll have to measure you".

Ended up buying something I wanted for a long time. Wish I still had it, must have lost it in a PURG!

ambigendrous
02-21-2016, 08:26 PM
I recently had a great experience at a Hanes Outlet store - I get regular emails from them for sales, etc. and they had a great-looking Bali bra on sale. Shipping would have made the cost too much for my budget so I went to my local outlet store in drab with a printout of what I wanted. I couldn't find it so I asked one of the SAs if she could help me. She acted as if it were an every day occurence - she looked at the printout and said that they didn't have that one but she wished they did because it was sure pretty! She showed me some others that she liked and I ended up buying 2 different ones - on sale! She never gave me any indication that she was uncomfortable with me shopping for bras, and even made sure that my frequent shopper card was up-to-date, and gave me a $10 off coupon for next month! And, as fate would have it, I got another email yesterday - the bra I wanted was still on sale, and they had free shipping yesterday only - so I spent some more money, although I'll have to wait a week or so for it to arrive!

Diversity
02-21-2016, 09:24 PM
It took me a long while to get here, but when SA's ask such questions or who are you shopping for, I almost always say that I am shopping for myself. If there is a puzzled look from the SA, I say that I have come to a point in my life where I found that I enjoy wearing women's clothes and makeup and learning more about my spirituality. If this makes you uncomfortable please let me know as I do not want to make you uncomfortable, and will certainly understand if you do not wish to work with me.
I usually get positive reactions and only once was declined service by an older SA. The younger SA's are much more accepting and willing to help.
Di

BLUE ORCHID
02-22-2016, 08:38 AM
Hi Trisha:hugs:, A couple weeks ago I got a couple makeup items at a Dollar General store and the girl at the register
said, These aren't for you are they, I just smiled and said, What that be a problem ??
and she just got that funny look on her face, The poor kid is probably still wondering. ~~...:daydreaming:...

Jessica S
02-22-2016, 09:07 AM
I was shopping in a DressBarn and a Avenue Store the other day. I always shop in guy mode(underdressed) as I don't go out dressed. The SA's were older women and they asked if I need help. I said I was just looking and their eyes got big. Then I found a couple of dresses I liked and wanted to make sure they fit. Since the dressing stalls are locked I have to ask to use them. At one store one of the SA's( the older of the two) asked how I was doing and did I need any help. I replied sure can I try these on. She had a look of surprise and said let me ask. Of course I was allowed and after that she was really helpful. I'm sure I was the talk of the store after I left. But the way I see it if we are kind and courteous when we shop( no matter how the SA's reactions are) the better it is for the next guy. It took me awhile to get the courage up to try the clothes on but after you do if a few times you see most SA's are great. When I asked if they get many in the store like me most say yes and quite often.

joansnix
02-23-2016, 07:08 AM
I have been buying and wearing panties for over 20 years. About 5 years ago I was in a shop and picked up a nice sexy thong and went to the checkout. The young assistant rang it up and I paid my money. Her parting remark, which was heard by the next couple of customers in the queue, was "Hope you enjoy wearing it". I was flabbergasted and had to think of a hasty reply. I replied "I will come back and show you it if you like." I don't know who was more embarrassed, her or me!

flatlander_48
02-23-2016, 12:52 PM
I usually get positive reactions and only once was declined service by an older SA. The younger SA's are much more accepting and willing to help.
Di

Sort of reinforces the idea that prejudice is learned.

DeeAnn