PDA

View Full Version : Full time

Donnagirl
11-30-2015, 06:04 AM
So the last month has not been the most pleasurable... Serious doubt about my financial future, but I have taken the opportunity to go full time, and it's been three weeks now. So what have I learnt at this early stage?

1. Any and all fears are easily overcome. Now been everywhere 'boy' me used to shop, frequent or visit. Apart from a few shop assistants who think me and my 'twin brother' are playing a joke on then, acceptance has been 100%

2. An acceptable 'day face' makeup takes only 15 minutes. BB cream can't handle a little sweat from walking the dogs and (surprisingly) mascara is the most important thing to get right.

3. 'Passable' really is mostly a state of mind... I've worked on ' the walk' and 'the talk' and the other mannerisms but I'm far from perfect. But no one notices, no one says anything, no one has obviously clocked me. This includes a group of teenage skateboarders and girlfriends all interested in my 9 month old German shepherd puppy. Chatted for over fifteen minutes, never mis gendered, no comments... They were so polite...

4. Wigs in summer are hot!!! Wish my hair would grow quicker, and in some places just grow...

Overall I'm so glad I've leapt that hurdle. No going back now. I only need to gather the documents for a change of name and then that's it, no more boy!!!

EllieMayxxx
11-30-2015, 06:09 AM
It's great to hear that you have gotten over the hurdle. You go gurl!

Charlotte x

Marcelle
11-30-2015, 06:33 AM
Hi Donna,

Sorry to read about your month and the job front. However sometimes personal pitfalls lead to great personal growth and in your case it seems to such a move forward as you transition to full time. I hear you about wigs in he summer and working out with one is like wearing a big hat on your head. Still waiting for my hair to grow out a bit thicker before I take my first trip to a hairstylist for a more feminine cut (probably another three months given my slow growth). Passable . . . I agree very much a state of mind. When I used to go out for a few short hours and my make-up was fresh and smooth . . . I felt great! However, now that I am full-time and my make-up must eek out an existence in public for up to 12 hours by end of the day let's just say "not very fresh" and no amount of make-up powder touch-ups can bring back that fresh faced look. So I know I do not pass but most people are polite and treat me kindly and as a woman should I be out running errands at the end of the day.

Again, sorry to hear about the month but glad to read you demonstrate indomitable spirit of authenticity by pushing forward with just being Donna.

Cheers

Marcelle

Nikkilovesdresses
11-30-2015, 08:13 AM
Your progress continues to astound me Donna- I admire the hell out of you.

Hugs,

Nikki

mykell
11-30-2015, 08:15 AM
hi donna,
quite a lot of hurdles to jump, in my observances puppies are people magnets, everybody wants to pet them and ask questions about them.
hear ya with the hair growing in the wrong places, but what i did see was your photo thread and you seemed very satisfied and committed to be all in....
hope the financial part falls in line for you....

Heidi Stevens
11-30-2015, 08:32 AM
Push on, Donna! You've made great strides to be where you are now. You seem to have the tools to get a job you'll enjoy as Donna, I'm rooting for you! Your plan to move forward looks great, now go be yourself.

I Am Paula
11-30-2015, 10:28 AM
Thanks for the wonderfully optimistic post. You're doing great girl. I agree with everything you've said.

Beverley Sims
11-30-2015, 12:33 PM
Wearing a wig in Sydney over the last week would have been overpowering at least.

Remain optimistic, confident and enjoy yourself,.

Love Sydney at Christmas time for the atmosphere and summery beaches.

Trouble is the northern hemisphere gives a lot of competition and it is easy to wear a wig here, it keeps your head warm.

kittie60
11-30-2015, 08:30 PM
Glad to hear you made the leap.

CynthiaD
11-30-2015, 08:36 PM
Congratulations Donna! I envy you!

My employer is completely trans-intolerant, so I have to spend a significant portion of the day in drab. But someday ...

msniki48
11-30-2015, 09:26 PM
Donna,
You continue to astound with your great attitude and your drive to keep moving forward in your journey. i wish i had some of your drive...ok...ok all of your drive, as i am at a stand still. but enough about me, i'm just happy for you and wish you well in your journey of self discovery....uhhhh don't sell the 1300...nice bike

hugs

msniki48

MissDanielle
11-30-2015, 10:18 PM
Keep it up!

jenniferinsf
12-01-2015, 12:04 AM
well done donna...i am sure your apprehension has been eased tremendously by the positive results

wonderful