PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Phil nov. 30 bi gendered child

Jacqueline StGermain
11-30-2015, 06:07 PM
Interesting dr. Phil.
4 year old lives as girl with dad, lives as boy with mom.
Parents fighting on gender.
We'll see how this works out.

Saikotsu
11-30-2015, 06:20 PM
Ugh. The kid should be allowed to be who they are.

scarlett
12-02-2015, 01:37 PM
Don't forget that "Dr." Phil is not licensed to practice in any state. His Texas license was revoked due to an inappropriate relationship with a patient.

Tracii G
12-02-2015, 02:19 PM
Dr Phil if you want to call him that is on par with Maury Povich.
Makes money exploiting people and making them look like fools.

NicoleScott
12-02-2015, 03:31 PM
Scarlett and Tracii may be missing the point of the thread. It's not about Dr. Phil, but about the child and, unfortunately, the misguided parents. I saw the show.
First, let's get the Dr. Phil issue out of the way. He is a real PhD and highly qualified to do the counseling we see on his show. Also, he provides other resourses for his guests who will accept the help. While no longer certified, he is highly qualified but has traded in his psychology practice for the entertainment business. Heaven forbid that someone should make money for something they're good at. Shame on Oprah, Lebron, and Madonna for doing that, right?
About the show...the child is intersex. Dad says a girl, Mom says a boy and has suspicious video "proof" that child wants to be a boy. To a 4 year old, the boy/girl issue is only about clothes and toys. Asking a 4 year old "what do you want to be?" shows how clueless the parents are. Dr. Phil offered help to the parents to raise their CHILD and help for the parents to drop their personal boy or girl agenda. The additional help was accepted. I suspect there will be a better outcome for the child because of the show and help after than without. Who cares if Dr. Phil makes money from it?

scarlett
12-03-2015, 05:40 PM
If he was "highly qualified" his license would not have been revoked. He has demonstrated that he does not have the judgement to advise others and has been disqualified from it.

xNicolex
12-03-2015, 06:01 PM
''Dr phil'' :brolleyes: shouldn't be the leading expert on this as he isn't really much of an expert on anything except making money from other peoples shortcomings :straightface:

Jacqueline StGermain
12-03-2015, 06:06 PM
I totally agree about Dr. Phil. Can't really stand the guy. It's on when I get home from work, and this caught my eye.
I say let the kid be whatever , as he/she goes through life, it'll all work out without the parents "help"
My personal opinion is Dr. Phil is heading down the Jerry Springer highway.

NicoleScott
12-03-2015, 06:19 PM
Texas officially considers his license retired. His violation was hiring a former client, and the state's reprimand included the requirement that certain coursework be completed, which he declined to do. He would not argue that he is no longer a practicing psychologist, but a very successful entertainer ($$$). No longer certified, but still a highly qualified PhD in psychology.
To the OP: bigendered may not be accurate. Whatever the child is cannot be revealed unless/until the parents stop pushing and pulling in opposite directions for their own purposes.
I still think the child will be better off because of the show, that is, if the parents get their act together with the help the show has offered.

Tracii G
12-03-2015, 06:31 PM
It shows bad judgement on the parents for taking their dirty laundry on national TV and not seeking counseling privately.
I think both parents don't have any idea what gender identity is.
I'm all for getting trans issues out there in the media but not on a show of that nature where the people are put on parade and made out to be idiots.
Maybe the parents are looking for their 30 min of fame who knows?

Nikki Elle
12-04-2015, 05:54 AM
Not sure about the 30 minutes of fame, but money is a great motivator. I will agree 100% this should have been kept private as the child will face untold issues in the coming years because the internet never forgets.

Jacqueline StGermain
12-04-2015, 01:07 PM
Nicole, You are absolutely right, intersexed is different than bi-gendered, I know better.
Thanks for clarifying that

docrobbysherry
12-04-2015, 01:51 PM
As an interesting side note. Apparently there's some disagreement about Dr. Phil's qualifications.

My feeling is: U watch him because u like him and u watch him if u don't like him. That's why he's still doing his shtick.

I have no opinion on Dr. Phil because I don't care for "reality television" and I've never seen his show.:straightface:

Beverley Sims
12-04-2015, 03:41 PM
One, the parents should come to some agreement with the child, it seems like a tug of war.

Airing your problems on national TV is not good for the child's welfare either.