PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ever been honk at

Tami Joy
12-01-2015, 07:19 AM
Was out yesterday an a car went by an honk at me made me feel good going out as a woman was a rush going out today to get some new outfits wish me luck.

kittie60
12-01-2015, 07:26 AM
Yes, I've been honked at while out walking and in a parking lot. I don't mind that but when they honk and make some lurid remark thats different. Alot of them are just youngsters. But I like to have a honk or two once in awhile

stacycoral
12-01-2015, 07:58 AM
Yes i have been honk at and whistle also, it does make you feel pretty to know someone out there thinks your looking cute,

Danitgirl1
12-01-2015, 08:42 AM
Yes when in my car I have been honked at a few times... But in all truthfulness that probably has more to do with my driving than the way I look!
:o

Beverley Sims
12-01-2015, 10:07 AM
I used to be honked at and whistled at a lot, then again I was with three other very good looking chicks as well. :-)

Mónica Meretriz
12-01-2015, 10:51 AM
One of the few times I've gone out alone in the day, I was honked at 3 times in just like 2 miles! Must have been the boobalicious breast plate :)

It was a very gratifying experience—I've never been honked at in drab! (Except for traffic mishaps...)

IamWren
12-01-2015, 11:12 AM
I was actually honked at in male mode once. I was riding my bike back during the summer, legs freshly shaved and I wear cycling shorts that are pretty short... maybe a little above mid-thigh. I wore them when I rode triathlons years and years ago. Well I was on the grass median crossing over to the other side of the street and a truck passed by... "honk honk honk".

I said to myself, "oh yeahhhh. stillllll got it." :D

Sheila11
12-01-2015, 11:57 AM
honked and whistled at. I assumed the sun was in their eyes.

Alice Torn
12-01-2015, 12:06 PM
Yes, back in 2005, my first full day out in public. Stopped to look in the storefront windows, in a downtown area of a suburb of Seattle, when i lived back there. It felt so nice! Actually had more attention paid to me riding my bicycle in guy mode, though!

Jenniferathome
12-01-2015, 01:49 PM
Funny how men take this as some sort of validation or compliment. It's not. Ask a woman what she thinks about this behavior. A honk does not mean that you passed. It means that a troglodyte behind the wheel of a car and at some distance from you, has no better way to communicate with other humans.

CynthiaD
12-01-2015, 03:41 PM
If you like this sort of thing, you might try putting on your shortest dress/skirt and walking past a few construction sites. :)

Heather1129
12-01-2015, 08:35 PM
I don't know if it counts or not but I was out for a walk on a nice summer eve in a white dress and heels and a guy on a motorcycle passed by and yelled "decent!!" I felt good!

suzanne
12-01-2015, 09:06 PM
I have, a couple of times. I was walking from the dress shop to my car. I got to the edge of the curb and waited for the cars to pass. The driver of one vehicle honked his horn. I don't usually acknowledge that, but I did turn my head to look. The driver, who appeared to be slightly older than me, gave a thumbs up sign. I nodded, but nothing else, and crossed in front of him. I didn't spend any energy on trying to figure out his meaning.

Robin414
12-01-2015, 11:58 PM
I was once. Back before my great purge about 25 yrs ago. I was studying at the local university and we had no money and the pink fog was...faint but compelling at the time. I decided to go for a walk kinda bush league so I grabbed my wife's ski jacket, picked up a hand full of cat litter for bra padding, and cleverly wrapped a binocular case in a black garbage bag to substitute for a CK purse...seriously (ok, so I used socks for boobs).

Bottom line, I looked like 《insert the most disgusting relevant item you can think of here》😨

I was strolling across the parking lot of a local sleezy strip mall after dark and a car load of of young guys start honking at me a yelling cat calls! After capping my pants I think that was the moment I initiated the 'great purge' 😲 All good though, I'm BACK! 😉

Edie Palmer
12-02-2015, 12:37 AM
Back when I was brave enough to go out, I once caused a bicycle accident. As in, "Hi there!" [crash]

I've also been honked at by geese.

sometimes_miss
12-02-2015, 01:04 AM
Sadly, the only times anyone honks at me is when they feel i'm impeding traffic, and it usually comes with a one finger salute!

MelanieAnne
12-02-2015, 01:20 AM
I was out walking down a main street one night, wearing heels, nylons and a short dress, wig, makeup, etc. A car went by and honked, then went around the block and came back by with some testosterone crazed kid hanging out the window yelling "I love you". :heehee:

GenieGirl
12-02-2015, 01:25 AM
I have had a few guys try to holler at me when driving beside me. One guy even hung out the window with a bunch of his friends in the car to try and holler at meh. It happened again this past Saturday on the drive home. It always makes me smile and blush :).

Danitgirl1
12-02-2015, 01:59 AM
Funny how men take this as some sort of validation or compliment. It's not. Ask a woman what she thinks about this behavior. A honk does not mean that you passed. It means that a troglodyte behind the wheel of a car and at some distance from you, has no better way to communicate with other humans.

You are 100% correct Jennifer most (genetic) women will not enjoy this attention. At best it is unpleasant and embarrassing at worst it is threatening.
But then for many of us it is a validation (at least in our own minds) that we look attractive/desirable and almost all of us want that.
It is a rare enough occurrence for us that it remains a novel, exciting and validating experience. I suspect that if we got out more regularly and after the nth time it happens to you that day/week/month/year one's opinion would change dramatically and be more in line with most (genetic) women's...

Krisi
12-02-2015, 08:45 AM
A "honk" doesn't necessarily mean that the person doing the honking thinks you are a good looking woman. More likely, they see you as a crossdresser and are honking to embarrass you or make fun of you.

Pat
12-02-2015, 09:51 AM
A "honk" doesn't necessarily mean that the person doing the honking thinks you are a good looking woman.

And it doesn't mean they don't. The fact is, if that's all you've got to go on, you have no idea what the honker is thinking so it's more a reflection of you than of them. If you think you're hot you'll assume they're honking because they think you're hot. If you think you're not, you'll assume they're honking because they're making fun of you. It could be they just hit the horn by accident when they dropped their beer. You just don't know.

Back in the spring I was out for a walk in my neighborhood -- fully dressed but not flashy -- and a black pickup truck with a couple of teens in it drove by me. Then they drove by me again, rubbernecking. And again. Four times they went by me. I still have no idea why. They may have thought I was cute, they may have thought I was a crossdresser, they may have been trying to decide if I was a woman or not. I don't know -- but to this day it amuses me. ;)

DaphneMiller
12-02-2015, 06:18 PM
I've been honked at - which made me feel warm and fuzzy.

I've also had some guy hanging out of his window waving and shouting something at me. I didn't know how to respond, so the car passed, then he started shouting something that included the word 'frigid'. I went full on emotional, my confidence took a knock, I was pretty upset and suddenly felt very emotional. On the plus side, I clearly passed...

Daphne
x

Patty Phose
12-03-2015, 10:44 AM
Yes. Lot's of times.

gokatiegirl
12-03-2015, 10:55 AM
Yes, I seem to piss somebody off at least once a week :)

joanna4
12-04-2015, 04:30 AM
Yes, it has happened when I'm in the parking lot or side walk.

heatherdress
12-04-2015, 05:23 AM
Yes - when the light changes and there is a jerk behind me.

Claire Cook
12-04-2015, 07:20 AM
Only when I am in guy mode and cut somebody off. Claire would never do that .....

Stephanie47
12-04-2015, 01:46 PM
Many years ago when I was in my thirties I took an evening stroll in the fall. I was wearing a blond wig back then...now grey. I was wearing a long sleeve knee length red dress, red strap on heels, and nude hosiery. My undergarments did not enter into the picture. Anyway, I was strolling down a residential street....not a major arterial. I pickup truck passed me from the rear and the driver honked his horn and gave an approving yell. I just hoped he would not stop. I decided then my evening strolls would be in a less traveled part of town. With hindsight although the street was not a major arterial, it was straight and paralleled a major arterial. I also decided to not wear a bright red dress.

Bethany38
12-04-2015, 02:06 PM
I have not been honked at, but one time when I was still driving for a living, I passed another truck and the driver said over the C.B. that a good looking blond had just passed him. I did'nt know who he was talking about until he called out my company name. He was a little taken aback when I answered him.

Sallee
12-04-2015, 02:32 PM
Its happened to me where I have been whistled at and cat called Kind of fun but not really I guess I was passing then

CindyT
12-04-2015, 10:56 PM
Years ago when I was much much skinnier, I went out dressed in one the larger Midwest cities, wearing very ****ty jean shorts, a blonde wig and fairly large water balloon boobs. I found a pedestrian foot bridge that crosses over a 6 lane freeway. I set my purse down on the bridge so I could bend over to pick it up... nearly caused a multi-car pileup! Yes I got honked at, so did the cars that slowed down to get a good look at my butt! LOL! Luckily, that was before everyone had a camera phone in their hand....

Vickie_CDTV
12-05-2015, 07:02 AM
Can't say it has ever happened to me, something for which I am grateful, I don't want any attention. I am the only man who would find me attractive en femme anyway.

mirima1992
12-06-2015, 02:31 AM
Yes, I've been honked at many times, but I dress pretty non conservative. Short skirts and high heels pretty much the rule. Only nervous moments were a couple times cars slowed and guy yelled "need a ride?", I just gave a little wave and kept walking.

AlleyKat
12-06-2015, 02:49 AM
A "honk" doesn't necessarily mean that the person doing the honking thinks you are a good looking woman. More likely, they see you as a crossdresser and are honking to embarrass you or make fun of you.

Why are you're post always so negative?
Is this the case sometimes? Yes.
Is it the deffenitive only thing someone would be honking for? No.

We all know passing is better done at a distance, and at a quick glance.

Guess what people driving by get. A quick glance from a distance. So if some douche honks at you on the way by, is it really so bad to think "Hey, that guys an idiot, but he thought I was a woman". I sure as hell will and be happy about it. And invite everyone here to focus on the happier side of the maybe with me.