PDA

View Full Version : "You're too perky"

Claire Cook
12-04-2015, 06:38 AM
Well, this is another of my coming out stories. Claire loves to garden, and our friend AnneMarie – who is our local native plant expert—is helping us with landscaping and gardening chores while I’ve been away in DC. She’s never met Claire, but probably has a hint or two – I’m forever complimenting her on her neat earrings. Anyway, she was scheduled to come yesterday and I thought it’s time she met Claire … so here I am, with one of my wife’s old blouses, boobs in, baggy femme jeans, old ratty wig and my fave floppy white hat (it was drizzling) … and little makeup. She pulls up in her SUV, and here I am … “I had to wear my gardening clothes today.” Double take and then .. “Well, you do look like a gardener.” We hug and she has some of the usual questions “Are you comfortable?” You bet!! “If you are, that’s all that matters. Have you done this for a while?” Yes!! Then .. “You know, you really look cute!” :o

So the three girls are busy at it in the front yard and my neighbor drives by … and waves. What could I do but wave back at him? Some of my neighbors know about me, and seem cool with it. We have a great morning and got a lot of work done. AnneMarie was very cool about the whole thing, other than using my male name at first (Sue corrected her). Finally she said “That was really fun – I’ll look forward to the next time.” (Guess who else will… :heehee:) Then: “Just one thing: you’re too perky. My boobs haven’t been that high in years.” We all have a laugh and lesson learned – I was wearing a bra with short straps, and there aren’t many women of my age with perky boobs.

All I can say is that I have been continually amazed by the acceptance – and encouragement – that I have been getting, especially from my GG friends. It has been really special, and I wanted to share this story – coming out is such a relief, at least for me.

Marcelle
12-04-2015, 06:48 AM
Hi Claire,

A very nice experience indeed and I am so glad you had a great time and your friend was supportive and just treated it like any other day. What's wrong with perky? :)

Cheers

Marcelle

BLUE ORCHID
12-04-2015, 07:46 AM
Hi Claire::hugs:, Real friends will always be there for you, The acceptance part is wonderful. ~~...:daydreaming:...

flatlander_48
12-04-2015, 07:56 AM
C C:

In part, I think it has to do with someone knowing your other persona fairly well and you have a good relationship established. She has a good sense of you already. Our male and female personas are not different people in terms of general likes/dislikes, moral compass, sense of humor, etc. So, my guess is that acceptance is a smaller hurdle.

DeeAnn

Karen RHT
12-04-2015, 08:19 AM
Glad to hear it all went well for you Claire. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Enjoy.

Karen

Claire Cook
12-04-2015, 08:31 AM
C C:

In part, I think it has to do with someone knowing your other persona fairly well and you have a good relationship established. She has a good sense of you already. Our male and female personas are not different people in terms of general likes/dislikes, moral compass, sense of humor, etc. So, my guess is that acceptance is a smaller hurdle.

DeeAnn

Hi DeeAnn,

I think you are quite right about this. My Claire side has always been with me no matter how I am dressed, and perhaps those who accept us already sense these things about us.

pamela7
12-04-2015, 08:47 AM
no point fighting nature - the experience must have perked you "up"!

kittie60
12-04-2015, 10:51 AM
Great story Claire. Its nice to make new friends and have a supporting wife.

Michelle 78
12-04-2015, 11:50 AM
Loved that story Claire:) both your wife and friend are really awesome.

Kate Simmons
12-04-2015, 12:17 PM
One nice thing about being a CD. With those forms our boobs are usually pretty dang perky for sure. :battingeyelashes::)

Allisa
12-04-2015, 12:37 PM
Acceptance by others is always a boost and makes for a more jovial attitude and relaxation. Thank-you for your story and yes coming out is a large burden lifted.