PDA

View Full Version : Trivial but happy post 😩

Robin414
12-04-2015, 02:12 PM
Nothing earth shattering but I just visited the local Long Tall Sally this morning to pick up a new pair of boots in 'en between' mode (a dude who totally looks like a chic 😲 ).

To make a long story short, I was treated like a complete woman! Not only did she ask if I'd like to try them on, she genuinely commented on how cute they were, and asked if I needed anything else...hmmm, some skinny jeans, a new purse, a Rickenbacker guitar...(Tom Petty - Christmas all over again reference... he sure loves his purses I guess ☺ ) I'm a huge TP fan BTW! 😃

pamela7
12-04-2015, 02:39 PM
they're a great store, the one in Bath, UK, is also very friendly.

Dana44
12-04-2015, 02:53 PM
That's great Robin. We don't have that store here. But I looked it up, seems like a ice place.

Beverley Sims
12-04-2015, 03:26 PM
A good "outing" for you.

It is nice to share such experiences, good for you Robin.

Nikkilovesdresses
12-05-2015, 02:38 AM
But they're expensive and I don't think their designs are very good. Glad you got good service though.

Molly James
12-05-2015, 05:06 AM
Good to hear you had an enjoyable experience Robin. I'm after some knee high boots myself.

GiGi

Claire Cook
12-05-2015, 05:39 AM
Hi Robin,

There's nothing trivial about expressing ourselves -- and when people accept us!

kittie60
12-05-2015, 06:49 AM
Glad you had a good day. Its always wonderful to be treated nicely By a sa. The fact that she really wanted to be helpful was great. Hope you have more of them. Happy holidays to you.

carrie001
12-05-2015, 07:47 AM
Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Karen RHT
12-05-2015, 09:46 AM
Glad you had a great experience at LTS Robin, but my experience at one of their stores was just the opposite. Nothing dramatic or insulting, just found the SA's disinterested in me as a customer. When I asked for help, I got less than enthusiastic or helpful replies. I had to drive almost an hour to get there, as they don't have a store in my area. Sad part is I was really hopefully their dresses would fit me better due to my 6 ft height. It was obvious the SA's really didn't want to bother with me, so at the price of the dresses I was interested in, I wasn't about to beg for service, or gift them a commission.

Karen

alwayshave
12-06-2015, 11:43 AM
Robin, I love their stuff. I have five pairs of shoes from LTS. I wish they had a store local to me.

Robin414
12-06-2015, 10:08 PM
Glad you had a great experience at LTS Robin, but my experience at one of their stores was just the opposite.
Karen

Sorry to hear that Karen, honestly I've had a less than ideal experience there once as well though...bought some flats completely en drab after work one evening. In their database I'm 'Miss Robin'...' and when the SA realized they were for ME she read the return policy followed by a snide 'as long as they're not WRECKED 😠'

I just smiled politely and thanked her and walked out ...but not before showing her fat ugly barf bag of a self a 'glam pic' of myself...just kidding but boy did I wanna 😠

Oh yah, the point! I find the part time staff are pretty weak, I only shop in the morning on week days when the 'A' team is working ☺