PDA

View Full Version : Mind's eye view of yourself

CarlaWestin
12-04-2015, 07:25 PM
I've seen it written that when you get older, your mind's eye vision of how you look resembles a view from about 20-30. When I'm envisioning a look to go out en femme, it's always a smooth, blending, female version of myself. I know that on the verge of 60, even my best achievement is far from it. It's more like an older woman with younger tastes.

So, tell us about this parity. You younger babes, you probably pull it off unless you are extremely male emulating.

Helen_Highwater
12-04-2015, 08:17 PM
I recently went out socially in drab with, shall we say a mature group, of mainly female friends. I looked at what the females were wearing and realised that their attire wasn't that different from what I would wear when enfemme. So from that aspect I feel I'm not dressing young but age appropriate. Whether my makeup matches that I'm not sure. I do wonder whether my makeup skills make me look like mutton dressed as lamb but against that I know that without makeup I stand no chance of remotely passing. OK, night time restaurant/cinema/theatre heavier makeup isn't so out of place. My real issue is being out and about day time. Getting that balance between camouflage and clown is something I'm really uncertain with just how close I've come to mastering it.

Robin414
12-04-2015, 08:43 PM
Great topic Carla! I suppose if I were 30 yrs younger and engulfed in the pink fog like I am now (and am currently in my minds eye) I'd have longer hair...oh yah..and be totally freaking HOT 😀254178

sbay06
12-04-2015, 08:52 PM
I'm 27 years old and just now starting to venture out to buy my own clothing. Up to this point, I had just been trying on my 5' tall wife's clothing. I am finding though that I don't like to dress too outspoken. My fashion tastes are very much the indie dress type that you will find in Portland or Seattle, a mixture of hand-crafted/grunge clothing with light makeup emphasizing the eyes. I don't know if that's what you were looking for, but that's my style.

docrobbysherry
12-04-2015, 10:42 PM
I'll dress near my age when they pull my silicone prosthesis off my cold, dead body! :Angry3:

Meanwhile, if olderT's object to the way this 70 y/o dresses? They can hang out with the other "old ladies"!:tongueout

xNicolex
12-04-2015, 10:52 PM
Interesting topic carla, I'm 27 and I dress the way girls my age do. When I'm out I'll observe women in my age group in their natural habitat lol I don't really bother with fashion trends so much. I prefer to look at clothes that are appropriate for my age group and don't really have a ''style'' just whatever feels and looks good on me :battingeyelashes: I suppose it doesn't really matter how old you are if you feel good and look appropriately dressed then thats all that matters :)

kittie60
12-05-2015, 12:30 AM
I am 60 and it doesn't get easier to look younger. I dress fort my age,but once in awhile I'll dress like the younger crowd. I can pull it off if I use a trowel. Ihave found out that a different brand of makeupusually helps us older gals along with different hair styles or wigs. I guess its just that we don't wanna look our age thats all I can figure. Myself anyway. Oh by the way Carla I loved your pick a number pics. They were great.

Stephanie47
12-05-2015, 03:09 AM
My in my late sixties. I decided several years ago to change from a brunette wig, which was a change from a blond wig, to a grey wig. The primary reason was to make it easier to blend in with the grey sideburns I still have. The top of the head is somewhat sparse. For me it is strictly dresses. I keep my dresses from about two inches above the knee to two below with a wardrobe that include midi calf and maxi. There are many dresses with fabulous prints or solids that may be worn by a vast age group. A good indication that your dress may be wrong for your age is watching to see who all the comments are made about at a wedding or social function. Grannie may be having a great time, but, that micro mini with fishnet stockings and five inch heels may be a bit much. When in doubt stay with a knee length (+/-) LBD. They are timeless and ageless.

Krisi
12-05-2015, 09:23 AM
We would all like to look (and be) younger but it's not going to happen. I remember a friend of mine who brought his new "honey" to a dance and introduced me to her. From the back, she looked like a hot babe with her mini skirt and long blonde hair. Up close and from the front, she had a face that would stop a clock. She looked to be seventy to eighty years old and wrinkled.

Our choice is to dress our age and look like a classy woman or wear too short and too tight clothes and look like a fool.

JamieTG
12-05-2015, 03:40 PM
I'm 62, and although I don't dress to pass, I envision myself as a college girl. I shop and wear clothes from the junior department.

Jonni Lin
12-05-2015, 08:39 PM
Being 50 I see myself as 30 (friends even think I'm a lot younger then I am) as a woman or man but no way can I pull off a 30 year old woman 40 yes. As for dress it is simple in this area, jeans, hoodies or sweaters not much dresses around here which is great because jeans or legging cover my tattoos. I am just dying to get this yellow mini kilt but that is my younger self thinking.

S. Lisa Smith
12-05-2015, 08:55 PM
I see myself as a stylish woman of a certain age....

OCCarly
12-05-2015, 09:23 PM
I'm 52, but even my doctor (who sees me in drab) says I still look like I am in my thirties. In terms of dressing, I try to shoot for looking like a slightly geeky 35 year old woman. So far it's been a lot of skinny jeans and leggings, T shirts, sweaters and sweatshirts. I just ordered my first pair of heels -- 3.5 inchers from Nine West. My wife says a woman builds an outfit from the shoes up, so I am going to be shopping for an A line or mini skirt to go with the heels, and then a blouse...

MissDanielle
12-05-2015, 09:58 PM
I'm 31 and other than the skirts that are being sold on the TG/CD sites, most of the dresses just don't appeal to me. I want something that says elegant and class, not a drag queen! There was a pink floral dress that I found to be very pretty and cute!

Richelle
12-06-2015, 12:33 AM
I will turn 62 next week and I try to dress fashionable for a women in her late 40 early 50. Based on the response I get when I tell people my age, I think I am doing a good job. Most think I am younger than I am

Richelle

Anita Lynn
12-06-2015, 12:43 AM
In my mind's eye? I'm all that AND a ham sandwich!
Then reality sets in and I realize that if I ever came out of the closet I'd be shoved back in and the door barred and chained.
Oh well, gotta go with what I came with, and try not to scare the neighborhood kids... HEY! A big ugly witch next Halloween!

Gretchen_To_Be
12-06-2015, 12:47 AM
Hi Carla. I've found some role models on the web. I try to think that if I take care of my body, lose some weight, and gain some skills with makeup and feminine deportment, I might make it to their league one day:

1. Amanda Nicole: https://www.flickr.com/photos/msamandanicole/
2. Heidi Phox: https://www.flickr.com/photos/15418706@N03/
3. DonnaKelli: https://www.flickr.com/photos/8132331@N02/

These gorgeous gals may all be members of this site...I don't know. If they are and they read this, my hat's off to you--your presentation is remarkable. None of them are spring chickens, BTW. DonnaKelli is 60+. Maybe she won the genetic lottery, but I think half the battle is being slim.

At 220 lbs, looking like them remains in my mind's eye, and not in reality...but I have lost 28 lbs since my heaviest. If I can lose 30 or 40 more--not outside the realm of reality--and learn makeup techniques like they have, who knows? They are wonderful examples of femininity and I will strive to get to their level one day.

Cheers

Gretchen

Anita Lynn
12-06-2015, 12:57 AM
Wow, after reading Gretchen's post I think I might need to do a push-up or something.

AlleyKat
12-06-2015, 01:18 AM
I have trouble keeping a clear image in my head... But while looking at hairstyles (I love short feminin styles). I found a pic that just made me stop in awe. I keep it in my phone, mostly as a reference when I go to have my hair done, but also as a sort of goal.

The other side of it is that half of what makes the pic so good is her smile, and that's a great reminder for someone shy like me.