PDA

View Full Version : anxiety

GabbiSophia
12-06-2015, 12:24 PM
so a question to those girls that have walked this path before me. I am having crazy anxiety now and it is over nothing. I can feel it all day long. Has anyone else had this experience? My therapist says I am letting things bug me but I feel it even when I am sitting still. I thought maybe the hormones have all of the sudden caused this but I have no clue where it is coming from as it has no point to it. Any thoughts?

VanTG
12-06-2015, 12:36 PM
I hear what your saying there, and have experienced the same thing. It could be a wide variety of things. I know that since starting HRT I am much more emotional "cried" a couple times in the past month. Your not alone with this one.

Kaitlyn Michele
12-06-2015, 12:56 PM
after all this time are you just not paying attention...

you have no clue where its coming from??

you mean a month ago you complain about needing to tell your children about your gender and living as yourself at home... you do nothing about it.. and then you don't know why you are anxious..

its not rocket science, its gender dysphoria.

LeaP
12-06-2015, 05:20 PM
Probably, but according to some, anxiety is one outcome of hormones not being suitable, too.

GabbiSophia
12-06-2015, 08:36 PM
@Kaitlyn ... ok So I get that and I deserve the obvious slab. Though I trying to do everything I can to press forward. My wife and I even know when we are going to tell the kid. If it is simple just GD then I get it but I didn't know it would take over to where the anxiety just doesn't end. Just for a point of fact I am moving on down the road.

@Lea ... That is what I am wondering too but I haven't had any problems for 2 years now. Actually I had issues with anxiety meds more than the hormones. lol ..

I was just trying to pick yalls brains since I have never understood the term "debilitating gender dysphoria". The anxiety now is pretty bad maybe this is what they mean.

Eringirl
12-07-2015, 08:59 AM
For me, dysphoria is not an all or nothing thing, i.e. you have it, then you start hormones and you're "cured"...it ebbs and flows, always there, but some times worse than others. I found hormones helped A LOT, but there are still times when it can get the better of me. Hence the anxiety. I just try to relax, and work through it, knowing that it will subside shortly (at least it always has in the past...) Now, it is happening less and less frequently and for shorter periods of time. Talking about it with my friends and my sister ALWAYS helps. So it may be the same for you?

I Am Paula
12-07-2015, 09:49 AM
Anxiety was one of the final signs that I knew I needed to do something about my gender issues, or the symptoms would take over my daily life. The day I decided to transition (yes, the decision only took moments) it took me six hours to get dressed in guy clothes.

PaulaQ
12-07-2015, 01:26 PM
Gabbi, there are three situations I've heard of where hormones are related to anxiety.
1. Estradiol makes the person anxious - this may mean medical transition isn't for them, they aren't trans
2. Progesterone makes the person anxious / depressed. I know women who don't tolerate progesterone. They are fine on estradiol, Spiro, but progesterone makes them emotionally unstable. If you are on progesterone, this is something to look into, maybe discontinue it for a time and see if your anxiety lessens.
3. Your estrogen level is too low / T is too high. You won't get much mitigation from GD. Have you had your levels checked? My anxiety didn't really go away until my estrogen levels were at the high normal range. I take less now, so they are probably half what they were, but I've had lots of stuff done at this point.

All that said, I agree with the others, there is plenty of real world world reasons for anxiety, and HRT won't likely kill all your GD. It takes a while to feel better.

Nicole Erin
12-07-2015, 02:47 PM
Hormones aside, anxiety over GD comes and goes.
Yeah in the beginning it is worse. We tend to hear more rude comments or get weird looks etc. We go through the "coming out".
One little comment can shatter us for days. We have a hard time getting out of the car or house because someone might say something.

The more you get out there and live your life, the easier it gets. It can take a few years. It gets to a point though that anxiety episodes become infrequent and very brief. For a moment it might just hit and you think, "what am I doing? why am I such a freak?" but then it vanishes just as quickly.

You just need to get out there and do this.