PDA

View Full Version : Do i go & have fun?????????

janelle
02-14-2006, 08:57 PM
Hi ladies, hope all is well with you. Talked with my sister about my cd's & she said come on up & we'll have fun. girl talk friday, mall shopping saturday, & maybe go out to eat with some of her girlfriends. Sounds like tons of fun, but i have not been in a mall on a saturday. Have no idea what she has in mind for sunday. I do know she asked if i had a swim suit,said no,so i think that is on her shopping list for me.
This would be about a hour from my town & there is a small chance people could show up at the mall, but not to likelly. I guess i need some encougement, or someone to say slow down. I'm torn both ways but am leaning towards going. If i go i need to get a chip for my camara so i can get some pics to share, whats a girl todo lol.
thanks for your advice.
Janelle

Jamie M
02-14-2006, 09:03 PM
you're absolutely right , there will no doubt be people saying go and some saying slow down depending on their own personal experiences and thoughts . You are the only one who knows if you are ready for this and only you know if you can chance the risk of being seen by someone you know whilst out .

however , i can resist having my two pennies worth so here's what i think ;)

if it was me , i'd go like a shot . you've got the company of a gg which i would imagine helps with your confidence and would reduce the "what if i'm being read" factor by a very wide margin . like you say though if you do go we need a full report afterwards for some of us can still only dream of being in such a position [envy]

Petrina CD
02-14-2006, 09:17 PM
I would be there in a hot minute! Maybe a chance to get a sexy swimsuit and go in a hot tub with a bunch of real girls,fun,fun,fun.

TGMarla
02-14-2006, 09:20 PM
I'd go if I were in your situation. It's your sister, right? She's unlikely to allow you to come to any harm. She likely wants to have a good time with you. I'd be careful of the whole swimsuit thing though. That's harder to pull off. (Not the suit, the situation!) But bottom line, you'll be in good company that cares about you and accepts you. Why not just do it then? Is this not just the kind of situation you'd want for an outing?

DonnaT
02-14-2006, 11:16 PM
I agree, go! You'll probably regret it for some time if you don't.

Shelby
02-14-2006, 11:50 PM
I wish I was you right now. The thought of parusing the mall as a girl, wearing a swimsuit (go for a one piece though). You wanna trade places for the weekend?

Phoebe Reece
02-15-2006, 12:13 AM
Go for it!
I go shopping in malls a lot, and believe me, you are less noticable in a Saturday crowd than you would be at some time when there are only a small number of people about.
Have fun!

Billijo49504
02-15-2006, 12:20 AM
If I were you, I go in a New York Minute!!! It's you sister and her friends, I really doubt they would let you have problems or get hurt. It does sound like she wants to share your fem experience. Good luck...BJ

stefanie
02-15-2006, 12:50 AM
For me, I am already in the car driving!

Have fun if you decide to go.

tara 24-7
02-15-2006, 02:38 AM
get the chip and go, whats the harm in it, kisses tara xxxx

swiss_susan
02-15-2006, 06:02 AM
Go for it. Your sister will look after you.

Susan

Shelly Preston
02-15-2006, 08:03 AM
Hi Janelle

If you decide to go to the mall with your sister, I would suggest that you let her advise you on what to wear.
I'm sure she will pick a suitable outfit to help you to blend in more with the girls
You can see if your ready for it then.

renee k
02-15-2006, 08:08 AM
I agree with all the others on this, if I were in your shoes. I'd be out the door in a New York minute. Malls are crowded on weekends. No ones going to pay attention to you. Just dress like any other women would, jeans and a top, you'll be fine. Have fun and enjoy the company.

Huggs, Renee

carol ann
02-15-2006, 08:13 AM
You are so lucky to have a sister you can talk to about about being a CD - and if she is willing to support you by going shopping with you and introducing you to her girl girl friends you just don't know how fortunate you are.

Go for it and buy her a little present as a 'thank you' to show her how much her support means to you

Jasmine Ellis
02-15-2006, 08:25 AM
Well, dear. GO GO GO GO!!!!!! Lets face it hun, you will be out with your sister people will know her as well. So, she's going to go out of her way to help herself as well as you. Go for it take lots of pictures enjoy yourself :thumbsup:

janelle
02-16-2006, 08:55 PM
Hi all, just got a call from my sister. She asked that i not come as she is sick and her kids will be there. Told her no problem but i am worried on how she is feeling. After all the encouragement i got i was all set to go, now i just get to stay home with the 8" of snow we got today. I'll try again soon with her and i know it will happen.

Sorry no ?, but for those who didn't read my post b4 this one,Do i go & have fun, this is the update.

you girls are just great & i think we all need hugs for being there for each other. Thanks and take care. love ya all.
Janelle

nancy58
02-16-2006, 09:23 PM
It sounds to me from your earlier post that your sister really is sick, or why would she have invited you up to go shopping? Don't let yourself get upset unless she lets you down several times, and by all means, talk to her!

HaleyPink2000
02-17-2006, 02:57 AM
I had a TriEss meeting. Thought who the heck will I know in this town. Two hours away one way. Also at a not real high end Hotel. But nice.

The sound guy, a DJ for a dinner that night knew me and we talked for a long time about our trade, things etc.

So leaving your home area is no promise that you won't see someone.

Haley:)

Sarah Rabbit
02-17-2006, 05:00 AM
Hi all, just got a call from my sister. She asked that i not come as she is sick and her kids will be there. Told her no problem but i am worried on how she is feeling. After all the encouragement i got i was all set to go, now i just get to stay home with the 8" of snow we got today. I'll try again soon with her and i know it will happen.

Quite possibly your sisters friends might be the one's who put the spanner in the works. Unlikely your sister would intentionally hurt

Hugs, Sarah

geegee2
02-17-2006, 07:40 AM
if you dont go you will never forgive yourself. When you get to the mall just ignore the comments and stares, be yourself. More then likely noone will notice anyway. My final suggestion is to have FUN FUN FUN. love hugs and kisses GeeGee2

Julia Cross
02-17-2006, 11:57 AM
How much more encouragement do you need. A loving sister who wants to allow you to be yourself in her presence and share that experience with you. You are so lucky to have a sister and even luckier to have her accept and encourage your unique self. Don't let this sort of opportunity pass you by.

Julia

janelle
02-17-2006, 02:32 PM
Hi ladies, called my sister this a.m.. she said she was up most of the night with her head in the stool. She said she feels alittle better but hasn't ate anything yet. Told her to try some dry toast & 7 up(warm) & hopefully she would fell better by saturday. Asked if she needed her brother(me in drab) come up,she said her daughter was there for the whole weekend,so i know she is taken care of. I will call her again tonight.
So to pick myself up i went shopping right here at home. Nothing big just to VS for panties and the freebees, than one other store for a red sweater top, kind of like Tammi's icon. It was a good day but lonely. Fun with my sis is coming so i have something to look forward too.
You all take care & love ya tons.
Janelle

uknowhoo
02-17-2006, 03:32 PM
imitation, the highest form of flattery (and they say it gets you nowhere, hah!) :bs: LOL

Well, Janelle, I surely do hope your sister feels better soon - for her sake and yours. ;) Keep us posted, hon. Take care, Tammi

linnea
02-17-2006, 03:52 PM
Well, I got in on this late, but I join those who expressed the wish that they had a sister like yours who would go out with you and bring her friends along too. I don't have a sister at all, just an older brother who has no idea that I am a CD. I would be thrilled to have any friendly GG to shop with, and the swimming or hot tubbing--that would be fabulous with friends.
Good luck, sweetie.