PDA

View Full Version : shaving body hair and dating

lucaluca
12-07-2015, 11:12 AM
hi!

this question is for all of you but especially for the younger ones. i am in my mid twentys and single. i am not very tall, 5,6 ft. i am gracefully built. and i love it. i love my height and my body. but most women like other body types (and behaviour, i behave not extremely manly). the only thing i really hate about my body is my bodyhair.
3 years ago i shaved my legs for the first time and it was amazing. i only did it for 3 month. i would love to shave my legs and arms or even to do ipl hair removal.
but i am "scared" what others might think. especially the women!

Rachael Leigh
12-07-2015, 11:48 AM
It for sure is a personal choice and one you have to decide if you really care what other girls think, I know for me Im like you I hate body hair and doubt I will ever go back to having any. I doubt I will do laser but its ok cause shaving isnt that bad.
Im sure Im not much help but if it were me just tell them the truth I like my body this way and that way if they dont care then there is no problem

IamWren
12-07-2015, 11:53 AM
When I was your age I became heavily devoted to going to the gym in an almost futile effort to try and add some kind of weight to my tiny 105 pound 5'2" frame. Copying my favorite bodybuilding heroes I shaved my legs, chest and arms and pits. Not one girlfriend I had said anything about it, except one who absolutely LOVED it.

I've been cycling for the past... I don't know... 20 years off and on and continued the practice of shaving off and on. I've been consistently shaving for the past five or six years and my wife, like that one girlfriend LOVES it.

Anyway, I'm not saying you have to take up cycling or bodybuilding but it did give me a reason if anyone asked, which now that I think about it, no one ever did.

Sallee
12-07-2015, 12:04 PM
Working out for riding or swimming is a great excuse to shave body hair of course the other reason is you like it. If the girl is serious about you and you her she won't mind and you'll have to tell her about your hobby anyway

Rhonda Jean
12-07-2015, 12:20 PM
I'm definitely not one of the younger ones, but I have been in the dating scene. In my opinion, there are certain things that you just have to own. I've been shaving my legs since my early teens, but I'll admit that when I entered the dating world again several years ago, for a while I chickened out and quit shaving for a while. I finally realized it was just crazy to pretend. Why not just get it over with in the very beginning. My experience is that some women are really weirded out by it, and those encounters are no fun. There's always that reveal that is a stomach churning event. In my case it was my brows and flat ironed hair that got noticed and questioned first. If they were still around after that, the legs,etc. might not be a big deal (sometimes it still was). I knew I'd never be happy not shaving, so there was no need starting off with something I wouldn't sustain. I'll say, too, I've never been with a woman who just loved it. Sorta liked it is about as close as I ever found, and I'm not sure she was being totally forthcoming. I do know a woman who absolutely insists that her husband have absolutely no body hair. She has a real aversion to it. I've never run onto one of those myself.

Heather1
12-07-2015, 12:35 PM
Lucaluca,
I have been shaving completely for an extremely long time, even in the summer, when I golf, no one cares no one notices, I feel good, my wife doesn't care, except when it grows out a bit and is prickly, I shave everything except the hair on my head. a clean feeling. I don't think girls mind a guy keeping himself clean and neat.
Heather

Beverley Sims
12-07-2015, 12:43 PM
When I was your age body hair was not the issue with girls, they were more interested in how intimate you could be either dressed or otherwise.

I would keep my body hairless and learn to live with it if I were you

I Am Paula
12-07-2015, 12:45 PM
Shave all you want. Watch a movie some time. With the exception of Sean Connery, males are shaved now.

lucaluca
12-07-2015, 12:53 PM
the "problem" is that i am gracefully built. this and shaving might be "too much" for most women.
manly men (like bodybuilders) are more accepted when they shave.
and i know from every girl that i talked to about that topic (and it have been a lot), that they think it is absoulutely stupid when men shave (no matter if bodybuilder, or skinny men).
maybe it is a cultural thing. in the us or spain it is mor familiar when men shave. but i am from germany. it is very, very rare that men shave

DanielleJean
12-07-2015, 01:34 PM
Go for it Luca. I've been keeping my body smooth for the last 3 year and only one person asked about it. When I told her, she thought it was cool. Fortunately for me the women who matter don't like body hair and were thrilled when I went smooth.

Jennie2
12-07-2015, 02:18 PM
Hi Lucaluca
I have shaved my whole body for the past year or so, no body notices, on holiday my grown up children didn't even notice and before I came out to my wife she didn't notice (not sure if that's a good thing, though). I started with my arm pits, then legs, Body then arms, no one noticed at each stage so I continued. So I would say go for it.
Just to prove no one notices, I've also painted my toenails with a clear gloss nail varnish, no one in the family noticed, I told my wife, when I came out to her, she hadn't noticed. Just go for it bit by bit.

UNDERDRESSER
12-07-2015, 06:18 PM
Well, my view is that if they are not going to like you because of your lack of masculine mannerisms, then the hair is not going to make much difference. I say be true to yourself, and let the results work themselves out. Consider it a filter for the kind of girls you don't want anyway.

I'm surprised about your comment on German attitudes, it was some time ago, but most of the guys I saw strutting around on the beach were mostly hairless. Or seemed to be, maybe it was because they were mostly blond and it didn't show?

Jenny123
12-07-2015, 07:01 PM
Well, my view is that if they are not going to like you because of your lack of masculine mannerisms, then the hair is not going to make much difference. I say be true to yourself, and let the results work themselves out. Consider it a filter for the kind of girls you don't want anyway.

I definitely agree with this. I started shaving about 6 months ago and have no regrets about it. I'm sure people have noticed, but nobody has said anything to me about it. I thought it would be a big deal since I live in a not-so open minded area, but it really hasn't been.

Jenniferathome
12-07-2015, 07:13 PM
Woman talking to you: "You shave your body hair?"
You: "Yes."
Woman, "Why?"
You: "I prefer it."
Woman: "Oh. Where would you like to eat?"

next...

Tracii G
12-07-2015, 07:32 PM
So you are worried the girl will think you are gay?
Most gay men I know are hairy like a beast ewwwww.
Just tell her you prefer to shave off your body hair and if she doesn't like it date someone else.
If she IS interested it won't matter.
You don't tell her not to shave her legs do you?

AlleyKat
12-07-2015, 07:42 PM
Most gay men I know are hairy like a beast ewwwww.

This certainly can go both ways, I have known several hairless gay men.

Honestly though, unless you act like its something to hide, it's a common enough attribute that no one will really care. And if a girl is going to have a big problem with your hairlessness
Then she's probably not going to be very supportive/understanding of the rest of the cd lifestyle if you decide to settle down.

Candice June Lee
12-07-2015, 07:48 PM
Hi Luca,
I been shaving my legs and then add years went by my other body hair since I was in my twenties. Some women five it wierd others don't care. I will say that my body and the smells that are associated with body hair are less than when I didn't. It's not really an issue, I go out to Walmart, beach, everywhere and not a word or snide remarks. The only persons who said anything was my mother and my sister. My sister thinks it's gross. But it's not gross for a female. Go figure. So just do it, no one cares and those that might, well just wear pants.

Taragirl427
12-07-2015, 10:34 PM

margararet
12-08-2015, 12:50 AM
I was a swimmer in my youth and the coach made all of us remove body hair. I am still very smooth all over except for my head and have never had any negative comments about my appearance i feel much cleaner without hair and men I date seem to prefer no hair. Do what feels right for you and forget it. It isn't your problem. If someone doesn't like it is is their problem

bridget thronton
12-08-2015, 09:58 AM
I shave most visible body parts - no one seems to notice

Anne-Sofie
12-10-2015, 12:09 PM
Hi Luca,

I'm in the same thing as you! 5,6 slender/gracefully built and I also love it. I can buy girls clothes in my size easier than male clothes.
I have shaved my legs last summer and yes it is amazing, but I'm quit doing it because my mother knows about my dressing and hates it. I shave everything except my legs. It is totally acceptable around my friends and family, the only thing I can't do is shave my legs. So to do a in between situation, I shave my upper legs until above the knee. So when I go to the gym or where a short in the summer, no one will see that I shaved my upper legs. It is a partial solution and that besides shaving the rest of my body hair including my wirst, hands and ankles. A friend of mine noticed my shaven wrist, but I explained that I otherwise had hobbit hands and I didn't liked that so I shaved my hands until my wrist. She understood it completely.
But for my legs and arms I'm scared to fully shave and tend to not do it because when I start dating it doesn't look weird.