PDA

View Full Version : shocking my SO

pamela7
12-08-2015, 08:33 AM
I was wearing some trousers ("male pants" in American) earlier - to avoid worrying the plumber who was coming round. My wonderful SO was not only shocked, she felt a cognitive dissonance - "that does not compute, somehow it feels wrong" were her words. What a year of progress. :-) The leggings were back on again as soon as he left.

kittie60
12-08-2015, 10:18 AM
Sounds like you have on special lady there. Thats great.

Nikkilovesdresses
12-08-2015, 11:02 AM
Pamela does!

I'm a plumber, among many other trades- perhaps you shouldn't be so hasty in your risk assessment...

carhill2mn
12-08-2015, 11:22 AM
I am curious as to why you felt the need to wear trousers just because a plumber was coming. I have had a plumber at my house twice and was totally en femme each time.

Candice June Lee
12-08-2015, 03:51 PM
Having to be concerned with weirdos, I would probably have done the same thing. Safety concern in my eyes at this time.

Beverley Sims
12-08-2015, 04:13 PM
I sometimes get an uneasy feel from my wife when I do drab for the convenience of others.

She is so used to seeing me dressed in a skirt.

pamela7
12-08-2015, 05:51 PM
Since the plumber first saw me dressed a few months ago - a bit femininely - he's actively avoided contact etc, so clearly his own comfort and job-doing is better for the trousers.

I've noticed some people are okay, and others are very not okay, like one doctor i visited. For them to be able to stay professional and focussed, seems better to be in drab. I don't see it as a big issue, I get to dress most of the time. Sometimes we can selfishly feel its our right to dress, to present as we wish, and sometimes we get a better result if we pace the reality of the other person.

OCCarly
12-08-2015, 06:33 PM
I had the same thing happen. I wore a male pair of Levi's and T shirt because my wife was out with a friend who had left her car parked out front, and when my wife got back and the friend left, my wife said, "I am not used to seeing you like that."

Maria 60
12-08-2015, 09:40 PM
Well I believe you did make it a more comfortable for him. i believe you made a good call.