PDA

View Full Version : Unnatural spending habits

Yinlingyen
12-09-2015, 01:23 AM
Hi Girls,

I had just looked back this year (as it is near year end) and discovered to my joy and horror that I had spent a small fortune buying girly stuff. No wonder real girls spend so much money every month.
I have more high heel sandals than I do ugly men's shoes (sports shoes included)
I have more strappy dresses than I have shirts and ties combined.
More perfume than aftershave ( I don;t use these anymore). I still shave (everything) but I dab on lotion and scented oils.
I have more nail varnish than all my toes and fingers added together.
The list goes on...............
Where does this end?
I find myself skimping on guy's items and spending it on girls items.
Clearly I am nuts!

MissDanielle
12-09-2015, 01:28 AM
I'm going to be dropping a fortune in a few months once I move and can build up my very girly wardrobe.

bridget thronton
12-09-2015, 01:28 AM
Not nuts - just evening things up a bit

Kara in CT
12-09-2015, 01:33 AM
I can surely relate. I bought some skinny jeans today at Macys for $60. I buy my guy jeans at Walmart for $20 and I only do that when I have to.

Karren H
12-09-2015, 01:37 AM
It ends when you run out of money, credit or die! Lol.

Teresa
12-09-2015, 02:00 AM
Yinglingyen,
No you're not nuts , maybe not careful enough with your spending habits.
My stash is growing quickly but I've not spent a fortune , most has come from charity shops, I've been trying to get a balanced wardrobe together since the possibility of my separation. To tell the truth I'm really enjoying going out and thinking outfits through and discussing with SAs .

ReineD
12-09-2015, 02:09 AM
...I had spent a small fortune buying girly stuff. No wonder real girls spend so much money every month.

Just to set the record straight, not all girls prioritize buying girly stuff. Most of my disposable income goes to travel, gifts for my children, electronics, dining out. I tend to wear things years on end (I buy wisely to begin with so my clothes don't tend to look dated), and I don't need a lot of makeup. The same holds true for my friends.

Sorry for butting into your thread, but I'm doing my bit to dispel the stereotypes. I'm happy that you're happy with all your new girly stuff though. :)

Tracii G
12-09-2015, 03:11 AM
I'm pretty frugal and hit sales and I don't buy what I don't absolutely need.

Tami Joy
12-09-2015, 04:05 AM
No your not nuts YinLingyen you just want to look your best when dress as a woman.

Claire Cook
12-09-2015, 06:35 AM
Clearly I am nuts!

No, clearly you are thinking more like many of us -- not to mention many women!

erickka
12-09-2015, 06:54 AM
Thrift stores are great and help keep you within a reasonable budget. You're surely not nuts, it's just a girl thing!

CarlaWestin
12-09-2015, 07:55 AM
Just think about how much money you could be spending on other frivolous things that some people get obsessed with.

Steph22
12-09-2015, 08:13 AM
I love going and spending money on girly thing for my self. Wish I could spend more.

kittie60
12-09-2015, 08:54 AM
No your not nuts. It comes with the territory. I don't even want to think what I have I spent through the decades. I buy what I need,of course I may not need it right now but I will. Sometime. It's a woman thing,we want to look nice so we spend. Addicting? Yes at times. Thats are prerogative as long as it doesn't take from other important things.

Erica Marie
12-09-2015, 09:02 AM
Well if you are nuts then sign me up for a straight jacket. I have purchased more womens cloths in the last few months than I did mens cloths in the last two years. Actually I have done my best to convert all the cloths I wear. It is quite a project finding, jeans, tees, hoodies, shoes (Im a very casual person by the way) that all blend in as my regular cloth without anyone noticing. Besides, hair stylist appointments, hair supplies, nail polish, moisturizer, the list goes on.

- - - Updated - - -

Just to set the record straight, not all girls prioritize buying girly stuff. Most of my disposable income goes to travel, gifts for my children, electronics, dining out. I tend to wear things years on end (I buy wisely to begin with so my clothes don't tend to look dated), and I don't need a lot of makeup. The same holds true for my friends.

Sorry for butting into your thread, but I'm doing my bit to dispel the stereotypes. I'm happy that you're happy with all your new girly stuff though. :)
Reine, I would never stereotype women EVER. For alot of cd/transgender it is like building a dual wardrobe. For me it is no more dual wear. If I cant wear it everyday then I just dont buy it anymore.

Jacqueline StGermain
12-09-2015, 09:08 AM
Unfortunately for me and my bank account ,it's second nature.

Julie Denier
12-09-2015, 12:55 PM
Funny thing -- at my size, I'm finding better deals on clothing for femme-me than guy-me ... except for shoes ;)

AmyVanessa
12-09-2015, 04:46 PM
I know how that is. I have more girl shoes than guys'.
I keep my eyes open for good prices, only buying girl shoes on clearance.
I have plenty of panties and bras, mostly on sale.
Buying some guy things is unavoidable though, like I have to pick up some new socks because the ones I have are getting worn out. But I do have to watch the budget though

Yinlingyen
12-09-2015, 11:45 PM
My biggest vice is the shoe department.
I linger there like a drooling dog. I am afraid to say that I only visit there during ugly male mode time.
I have not gone shopping en femme as yet.
One day I am sure the sales lady is going to kick me out (a pervert she would say).
I have this fetish for high heel sandals. I just keep buying them. And for a special day (such as birthday or xmas) I buy the most expensive pair I can afford. It's a present after all.
Jimmy Choo - here I come for Xmas.

Stephanie47
12-10-2015, 02:48 AM
Since I retired eight years ago I have not bought very much in the way of male clothing....two pairs of dress shoes. I have plenty of shirts, ties and slacks for most occasions. If I added up how much I spend on women's clothing I'd choke. I have a word document to track my dress purchases which now number 123. Who really needs 123 dresses???

gokatiegirl
12-10-2015, 11:22 AM
I too have more girly than guy shoes. About 3:1 and spend most of my time as a man

Beverley Sims
12-10-2015, 12:03 PM
Unnatural spending for me would be buying mens jockey shorts. :-)

docrobbysherry
12-10-2015, 01:01 PM
Since I only wear most outfits once, I can't spend a lot on each one. Thrifts stores help A LOT!:heehee:

However, I still spend a good amount on Sherry's things. Is it worth it?

Well, at times I look in the mirror at some fairly expensive new look she's trying on and think, "Priceless""!:D

Sharon B.
12-10-2015, 01:12 PM
I spend more on my feminine self then guy things, but hey they are more comfortable and I like wearing feminine attire even if I am only wearing panties under guy jeans. I do keep nail polish on my toenails most of the time and I keep my body hair free. I would rather wear perfume the male after shave, I also use woman's deodorant.

CourtneyBme
12-12-2015, 10:48 AM
I too have spent a small fortune this year on my feminine items. Now that the dust has settle I've got a closet and a half of womens clothes to a half of drab clothes, my own separate bra and panty drawer, jewelry box and makeup

EileenW
12-14-2015, 12:06 AM
When I started, thought that once I had all the basics (wig, breast forms, a couple of outfits, shoes and makeup) that there would not be much more to buy. Sure was wrong about that. As I dress more frequently, I want/need to expand my wardrobe for the different seasons. I can see it getting expensive if not careful but shopping and dressing sure is fun.

tanya_cd
12-14-2015, 04:19 AM
Buying girly things can be extremely addicting. I have just come to the realization that Tanya now needs her own room.

BLUE ORCHID
12-14-2015, 08:25 AM
Hi Yinlingyen:hugs:, I suppose I qualify with three closets full of clothes and 150+ pairs of heels and boots. ~~...:daydreaming:...

trishacd
12-14-2015, 09:32 AM
I have 2 drawers full of lingere, i use womans deodorant, i wear panties 24/7.
It seems all i think about is dressing totally when i can. Mayby i should have been born female.

sometimes_miss
12-14-2015, 08:44 PM
I'm definitely guilty of this too. For so many years, it was so hard to find ANYTHING in my size, that when I find something, I want to buy it in every color it comes in, because I don't know if I'll ever see it for sale again. So when Donald Seneca started making those cute plaid/tartan schoolgirl skirts, I HAD to buy one in every color. Bras are hard to come by that fit guys, too. So I have two of every color, and a few more still in the packages for when the ones I'm using wear out. Stockings, shoes, wigs, dresses, yup when I find something that feels especially good and fits, I gotta have it. In every color available. And I've been right; very often, right after I buy them, POOF! Gone! Discontinued, out of stock (forever), unavailable. So I have lots of duplicates. Almost enough to fill two closets with identical outfits.

Of course, women's shoes/boots are the worst when you wear a size 16 (mens). There are actually more fetish styles than normal ones.

Robin414
12-14-2015, 11:22 PM
I admit I don't even buy guy clothing anymore (SO does for me as absolutely nessesary) 😉 I'm actually saving money though, I used to spend a small fortune at Harry Rosen (Canadian high end men's wear) but given I'm not a size freaking 0 I don't 'fit' the high end women's wear places (Holt Renfrew) 😠 Long Tall Sally is higher priced than a lot of places but given I can rock the entire rack and knowing where I came from, it's not all that bad ☺

CynthiaD
12-14-2015, 11:59 PM
I did spend a lot for a while, but I have a lot if nice outfits now, so I'm not compelled to spend as much. These days I'm trying to get the most out of the stuff I've got. Besides, my closet is full.