PDA

View Full Version : Finding myself

AlleyKat
12-09-2015, 06:12 AM
When I finally acknowledged my feminine side was more than just me not being a manly man, there was a crack, and I felt years of of the emotional midden heap I've been dragging around start to open up and fall away.
At first, this was entirely euphoric, and I went full into trying to develop that side of me. But then I began to question who I really am. What parts of male me were cover, and what parts of female me were overcompensation.

At the same time, I discovered opening and facing that recently cracked nut of years of repressed emotional abuse (along with one horrific act of another kind of abuse) was affecting more than I realized.

I am starting down the road to therapy. And I am focussing other energies on getting my life back together. I'm not giving up cd altogether, but I will be putting it on a back burner for a little while. Also, many of you have recommended underdressing to help in the interim. I appreciate the advice, but after a little soul searching, have come to the conclusion that it is not for me.

I am going to go sub femme for a while, style my hair femme, gradually wear more makeup and femme out my jewelry. For me this will help me feel more myself. I'm not a girl, but I'm not a boy either. I'm a me. And it's time I started acting like it.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure how much of a fit I'll be here, as I have not noticed many people that are in that category, and many of your struggles will not be ones I have to deal with. I will still be in from time to time to read your stories and admire your strength, and be reminded that some boys really can be beautiful girls. Maybe once I'm on my feet I'll finish my journey to full dress, and I'll be back here full force. In the meantime know that if I'm not posting, that it's because I don't feel relevant, but you all will always have my respect and support.

*hugs*~Kat

erickka
12-09-2015, 07:00 AM
I fully understand your position. We all have to come to terms with this in our own unique ways. We all have been down (and some still going) down that path of the unknown, and rest assured, that all of us here will be here to support you in your journey.

Best of everything to you, and don't be a stranger!

Erickka

CarlaWestin
12-09-2015, 07:51 AM
Well, do check in from time to time. You are at an age of identity searching and many other forks in the road. Us older folks have generally already sorted it all out.
The main thing, shed off any unnecessary baggage and enjoy your life. And, don't let other people dump their stress on you. Best wishes.

kittie60
12-09-2015, 08:59 AM
Wish you the best of luck on your journey. I've done it and so have alot of others. Were here for you if you need us. Best wishes and hope you find the answers you're looking for.

St. Eve
12-09-2015, 09:28 AM
Hey Kat,

I appreciate your story so much and have lots of compassion for your journey.
I also resonate with your description:

"I'm not a girl, but I'm not a boy either. I'm a me. And it's time I started acting like it."

While I am fully biologically male, I self identify as gender fluid or twin spirited and feel that I connect with both genders and both sexes inside myself. It is really only in the last 6 months I have given myself permission to get to know the real me I have been mostly denying for decades....

I am glad to know I am not alone....

Therapy (lots of different kinds) has really helped me over the years. So has honest with safe people in my life. Connecting with this forum also helps me....

Peace
EvaLyn

Beverley Sims
12-09-2015, 12:25 PM
Kat,
I am sure your search will meet with success.

I wish you well.

AlleyKat
12-09-2015, 03:52 PM
Thank you all for the support.

It seems that anytime I come to check my pm's I see a topic that I have 2c for, so while my personal focus may be shifting, you all may be stuck with me.