PDA

View Full Version : What's your ideal feminine look?

LelaK
12-09-2015, 11:44 AM
Is there anything prettier than a Lolita outfit with a rainbow tutu or minipetticoat, long curly hair, big hair bows, a touch of organic makeup, glitter, white leggings, bikini top, transparent shawl, and lime green high-heel rollerskates? (Forget the little Lolita hat, please.)

For me feminine means small outfits, lot of skin, lot of ruffles, seethrough, and tomboy. I guess it comes partly from Mom in her early days, including the tomboy part, though she didn't wear ruffles or short clothing.

UPDATE: I just found this neat article about Lolita fashion: http://fyeahlolita.blogspot.com/2013/11/why-is-lolita-called-lolita-does-lolita.html.

cdterri
12-09-2015, 11:50 AM
Love the Lolita look, have several dresses,skirts and petties. I do prefer the real full petticoats and
the way they bounce and sway when walking

Krisi
12-09-2015, 11:54 AM
My ideal feminine look is that of a normal woman wearing normal clothes for the time of day and occasion. Usually a nice skirt and blouse.

Beverley Sims
12-09-2015, 12:17 PM
I like the 60s full skirt and petticoat look with bobby sox.

Jenniferathome
12-09-2015, 01:16 PM
Is there anything prettier than a Lolita outfit with a rainbow tutu or minipetticoat, long curly hair, big hair bows, a touch of organic makeup, glitter, white leggings, bikini top, transparent shawl, and lime green high-heel rollerskates? (Forget the little Lolita hat, please.)...

Yes, there is.

LelaK
12-09-2015, 01:22 PM
What's prettier than Lolita ruffles or frilly dresses etc, J at home?

Crissy Kay
12-09-2015, 01:30 PM
Love the Lolita look, have several dresses,skirts and petties. I do prefer the real full petticoats and
the way they bounce and sway when walking

Me too!!

Wen4cd
12-09-2015, 01:41 PM
The odd thing about having concrete ideals in appearance is that it narrows your vision. Sometimes this leads to being pleasantl̉y surprised when you 'discover' a new sphere of beauty that's always been there, but you were previously blind to, because you only has eyes for this and that particular frill.

All that being said, if I was of a much smaller frame and had a shapelier face I would definitely be on an airplane at least annually and crossdressing in Harajuku, and would be one of those girls strolling Takeshita Street in those fancy outfits.

Alice Torn
12-09-2015, 01:44 PM
Actually, a number of different type dresses, and skirt combos. and variety of colors and shoes, and wigs.

IamWren
12-09-2015, 02:28 PM
Is there anything prettier than a Lolita outfit with a rainbow tutu or minipetticoat, long curly hair, big hair bows, a touch of organic makeup, glitter, white leggings, bikini top, transparent shawl, and lime green high-heel rollerskates?

In a word.... yes.

MissDanielle
12-09-2015, 02:51 PM
I prefer class and elegance. Some skin, but not too much skin.

Sky
12-09-2015, 03:28 PM
Looks like this lady didn't care much for rainbow tutus.

NicoleScott
12-09-2015, 03:40 PM
LelaK, maybe you should have posed your question differently, such as "Does anybody else like Lolita outfits.......". Some people can't pass the opportunity to knock others' tastes in style, even if indirectly.
To answer your question, I'd love to have a pretty Lolita dress (but no rollerskates for me other than posing for pics in them).

JessieA
12-09-2015, 04:30 PM
I love classy evening wear was just the right amount of accessories. And reasonable high heels. But then actually my male self belongs to a group called over dressers anonymous and own 3 tuxedos. Someday hope to find the perfect evening gown.

Tracii G
12-09-2015, 05:01 PM
If you are into frilly outfits I guess you might be right but give me the look of an average woman any day.

Karren H
12-09-2015, 05:01 PM
My ideal feminine look is what I wear. Else I wouldn't wear it! Lol. And I doesn't include women's jeans!!!! Ever!

Tracii G
12-09-2015, 05:09 PM
We KNOW Karren LOLOLOL.

BLUE ORCHID
12-09-2015, 05:23 PM
Hi Ladies:hugs: , It's so great to have the ( DENIM POLICE ) back on the forum ! ~~...:daydreaming:...

Tami Joy
12-09-2015, 05:45 PM
For me it's long curly hair a nice red or black skirt and white blouse with my red high heels.

Heidi Stevens
12-09-2015, 06:03 PM
Believe it or not, classy soccer mom! I can do waaaaaaaaaay more things dressed in a nice top and capris or a skort than me trying to go somewhere in heels and fancy dress. But I wear high end soccer mom stuff, no cheaply made stuff, to come off as some one with taste, but not narcissistic or vain. Just your average lady down the block..

Jacqueline StGermain
12-09-2015, 06:57 PM
Between business attire (knee length black skirt, blouse or simple T, blazer, understated makeup and jewelry,heels) to casual ( leggings or capris, sometimes a skirt, V neck top to show the cleavage( I love my tape!), flats

Lori Kurtz
12-09-2015, 07:10 PM
My ideal look is not quite suitable for going out in public. High heels to enhance my posture and the shape of my legs, a short tight skirt that flirts with illegality, and a skin-tight top that leaves no doubt as to how lusciously my bra is filled.

LelaK
12-09-2015, 08:23 PM
Looks like this lady didn't care much for rainbow tutus.
Lauren Bacall here?
http://buckingtrends.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/applause670-21.jpg?w=238&h=300
http://buckingtrends.me/tag/one-singular-sensation/

or here?
http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/03004/Bacall-4_monroe_mi_3004395c.jpg

By the way, I was kidding about the high-heel rollerskates, but now I see they do exist:
http://www.hooping.org/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/11042966_1412858039024261_9127555592994500809_n-1.jpg

Deedee Skyblue
12-09-2015, 09:08 PM
I showed this to a friend of mine and said, "If I could look like anyone in the world, I would want to look like Louise Glover!" She said, "I'd prefer to be somewhat less buxom..." And me, "Just look at that awesome smile!" and her "Right, her smile..."

Deedee

"A man has needs. Sometimes he needs to dress as a woman."

Sara Jessica
12-09-2015, 09:08 PM
Yes, there is.

I'll answer.

Just about anything else.

But that is what happens when you ask about what is an individuals personal style preference and project yours as being at the top of the heap.

You might not like mine, or Jennifer's for that matter, and that's fine. Diversity is what makes the world go round.

Gretchen_To_Be
12-09-2015, 09:19 PM
Lela...I subscribe to the "live and let live" school espoused recently by our favorite resident GG, Reine...but I would rather dress as a man than the way you describe. Here are my ideal feminine looks:

Jenniferathome
12-09-2015, 09:47 PM
Classic and Timeless, Gretchen

Karren H
12-09-2015, 09:54 PM
We KNOW Karren LOLOLOL.

Don't want you to forget it! Lol

Janine cd
12-09-2015, 10:54 PM
Blouse, skirt, heels and a nice mid-length wig with soft curls.

Robin414
12-10-2015, 12:13 AM
I kinda like the 'bed head' look

Greenie
12-10-2015, 12:19 AM
but I would rather dress as a man than the way you describe. Here are my ideal feminine looks:

You are my soul twin. I love the elegant but sexy business look. I feel best in my professional wear. ♡ I subscribe to the idea that Lolita is reserved for people much tinier than myself.

OCCarly
12-10-2015, 12:36 AM
Just about anything Anne Hathaway ever wore in one of her movies. But especially the clothing she wore in "The Devil Wears Prada." That, folks, is femininity.

Megan b
12-10-2015, 12:40 AM
Gretchen to be, nailed it for me. I love classy.

Kevyn53
12-10-2015, 12:53 AM
I'm with Sky, Lauren Bacall had class.

litangel
12-10-2015, 02:33 AM
First of all my favorite look is variety, different versions of femme every day. Overall, slightly sexy cheerleader/disney girl, Look at the two dresses Kelli Berglund wears in last two thirds of the movie, How to Build a Better Boy, those are magic to me.

Also the more colorful outfits that AKB 48 dance in.

Stephanie47
12-10-2015, 02:42 AM
OK, Elizabeth Taylor in her white full slip in Cat On A Hot Tin Roof. If she could not get some guy's juices flowing, nothing could.

kittie60
12-10-2015, 07:01 AM
A nice swirly pleated skirt with spaghetti strap top and my dressy blazer with strappy heels and accessories.

Sky
12-10-2015, 10:17 AM
I'm with Sky, Lauren Bacall had class.

So sad we have to write in past tense... barely a year ago. :sad:

Lauren Bacall here?
http://buckingtrends.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/applause670-21.jpg?w=238&h=300
http://buckingtrends.me/tag/one-singular-sensation/

or here?
http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/03004/Bacall-4_monroe_mi_3004395c.jpg

Either! Or even here!

By the way, I was kidding about the high-heel rollerskates, but now I see they do exist:
http://www.hooping.org/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/11042966_1412858039024261_9127555592994500809_n-1.jpg

I tell you what, forget the heels, but if I was 20-something, toned legs and perfect curly hair (I'm not asking for much, right?) I'd go for Linda Ronstadt's look in the cover of "Living in the USA", rollerskates included.

prene
12-10-2015, 10:24 AM
Gretchen nailed for me.

Robin414
12-10-2015, 11:15 AM
OK, seriously, cuz I'm a guy, ummm...chic? 😉

Lily Catherine
12-10-2015, 11:19 AM
I especially like formal dresses - bonus points for full organza or tulle skirts (at knee or tea length) and corset styled bodices. Not that many occasions even call for such fashions in the first place. Usually found in the 'bridesmaid' and 'homecoming' dress sections apparently.

Whenever I get a chance to dress these days, usually a blouse, knee length skirt or a similar dress paired with hose. Something presentable yet pretty and practical.

I always associated Lolita fashion with long sleeved ruffled blouses, knee length bell skirts, chiffon petticoats and neck bows (rather than with Lela's description). As much as I like the aforementioned style it isn't very practical - even less than the flared miniskirts I enjoyed in excess at one point in time.

Misty Rae Pleasure
12-10-2015, 12:39 PM
The perfect look is many not one. That's one of the fun things about crossdressing. Depending how I feel or want to feel, I get to dress accordingly. To be honest since my crossdressing is behind closed doors, most of my dress is a bit on the ****ty side. As I sit writing this wearing satin leopard print bra and panties, black PVC corset, matching gloves, collar and thigh high black patent boots. I adore the ultra tight mini dresses and sexy corsets. One can never have too many high heeled shoes and boots. I do find myself as I continue to work on passing as a girl, the more conservative classy side is emerging. Suddenly Fem has this shimmering long sleeved blouse that Is beautiful. Pair it with one of my knee length dresses, some pearls and pumps. I love trying new looks. As far as the Lolita look. I think I would like to try that one too.

LelaK
12-10-2015, 06:25 PM
Hey, sisters, I wasn't claiming that my faves are superior. I honestly wanted to hear what everyone's faves are. And I do like those that have been mentioned. Almost anything, by the way, is better than drab. Ain't it? I like a lot of typical Lolita, but I like to add my own quirks. Check these out for example: https://www.google.com/search?site=&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1563&bih=704&q=lolita+tutu.

sometimes_miss
12-10-2015, 07:06 PM
Favorites? Cheerleader uniform. Close behind, what you see in my avatar & gothic lolita dresses. Next, school uniforms and the type (tartan and/or pleated skirt w/plain button down tops). I have several of all of these type outfits. What can I say, part of my personality is just stuck at around 14.

2B Natasha
12-10-2015, 08:25 PM
Brooke Shields is my style Icon if I have one. I especially like her in rhis series for V W

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xDZSxFLcMVg

Otherwise. Contemporary casual is my go to now a days.

Cheers

rachel de Corvus
12-10-2015, 09:49 PM
Yes, Gretchen, yes! I love the same--a bit too dressy for most work or social events, but you showed my ideal.

Gretchen_To_Be
12-10-2015, 10:03 PM
Brooke Shields is my style Icon if I have one. I especially like her in rhis series for V W

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xDZSxFLcMVg

Otherwise. Contemporary casual is my go to now a days.

Cheers

Natasha, that video was hysterical! LMAO! I hadn't seen that but loved it, thank you! I agree her clothes/style are gorgeous.

Jamiegirl1
12-10-2015, 10:05 PM
I try and look as feminine and pretty as I can whatever I wear, I wear what suits my mood at the time, sometimes naughty, sometimes nice and alot in between!

Tina_gm
12-11-2015, 10:18 AM
I hate game shows, but I am addicted to the price is right models. Typically elegant, never trashy, always way up there with a distinct feminine look.

Jonni Lin
12-13-2015, 07:15 AM
For me the ideal look is that of the 20s, long tight flowing dress and of course the long cigarette holder (I smoke). Wish I had the slim body and the curves for one of those dresses.

Angela Marie
12-13-2015, 07:46 AM
At 61 I try to dress more age appropriate now to blend in. I do love leggings/tights and love wearing them; not only outside but around the house. When going out I generally pair them with a nice sweater or top. As I said age appropriate.

Jill_cd
12-13-2015, 08:40 AM
Just a simple and elegant look. I prefer a pencil skirt and blouse with heels. The pictures that Gretchen posted are great! That's the look I like.

Georgina
12-13-2015, 08:56 AM
I'm with Gretchen on this one.

AllieBellema
12-13-2015, 10:53 AM
I love the look of dresses that poof out, especially with petticoats. It's why I gravitated towards the southern belle style dresses. Also have a poodle skirt that I poof out with a couple petticoats. I would love to add a lolita dress. Sad part is that I don't fully have the right body for alot of these, but I still make it work out. It's about how you feel with each outfit, everybody has different tastes.

CarlaWestin
12-13-2015, 12:05 PM
My ideal look is not quite suitable for going out in public. High heels to enhance my posture and the shape of my legs, a short tight skirt that flirts with illegality, and a skin-tight top that leaves no doubt as to how lusciously my bra is filled.
Yeah, something like that except, I'd probably go out.

Windy
12-13-2015, 12:58 PM
Usually something feminine and vintage, bordering on slightly old-fashioned. I'm a huge fan of floral dresses, cardigans, pleated and circle skirts and long wavy hair. I really love Nigella Lawson's style (though I wish I had her curves!). For people from the past I really admire Ava Gardner.

ClosetED
12-13-2015, 02:17 PM
I also agree with Gretchen - classy, feminine, not meant to blend in with crowd but proud to be pretty
Ellen

Brandy Mathews
12-13-2015, 03:29 PM
I agree with Lily, I think that the most feminine for me is a long formal black dress. Don't get to wear it for many occasions but when I do, I feel so good in it and look very pretty in it too.
Hugs,
Bree :)

Wen4cd
12-13-2015, 03:46 PM
'Feminine' to me these days has devolved and unraveled into something odd, of course.

So many mentioned Gretchen's pictures and I couldn't even remember what she'd posted so I had to go back and look, and saw why. It's a look my brain instantly labels as 'boring and generic' and moves on looking for something else to attract my attention.

Now I've gone back and looked at the post three times and still can't recall what they look like very well. My brain just goes "meh, next" and seeks out what it wants to see i guess, and it's obviously not that mainstream ideal. I never was thy type as a kid to have posters of swimsuit models posing in front of flashy cars hanging in my bedroom either, as so many of my friends did.

I'm still looking for my ideal feminine look, I'll get back to you in another 100 years or so if I get closer in my search. :)

I tend to like brightly dressed people and a lot of contrast, or at least that's what gets my attention. They type of dresser who stands out at a thousand yards in a crowd because her hair is dyed in red and white candy stripes and she's sporting the wetlook in an Amish church congregation . I'm a magpie to the max, and "classic beauty" makes me yawn.

Gretchen_To_Be
12-13-2015, 05:43 PM
@Wen4cd...variety is the spice of life! Your post made me laugh. You do your thing, I'll do mine!

Thanks to all those that liked my suggestions.