PDA

View Full Version : Victoria's Secret fashion show.

Cdcdgirl
12-09-2015, 11:30 PM
What does it say about me? when I'm watching the Victoria's Secret fashion show last night. All I can think about is what size does that come in and how would I look in it.

RADER
12-09-2015, 11:37 PM
First of all, They all are a size 0, and the large size is maybe a 2 or 3.
I watched the show also, and to wear anything the girls where wearing,
You would have to be a size 0.
It was like looking at a candy store window, wishing that you could
enter and try some.
O'Well, A person can dream can't they.
Rader

Samantha2015
12-10-2015, 12:10 PM
Well, you can't wear any of those outfits to the grocery store that's for sure. :heehee:
I'd kill to have legs like they do, holey moley !!!

tanya_cd
12-10-2015, 04:58 PM
I had this crazy idea of going out on Halloween as a VS model. lol. Maybe with some angel wings. :heehee:

crystaltvco
12-10-2015, 06:19 PM
Actually, I didn't want to even watch it for the size 0 sticks.

IMHO, the sexiest woman was Selena Gomez. A woman with REAL curves!!

sometimes_miss
12-11-2015, 02:13 AM
size 0 sticks. IMHO, the sexiest woman was Selena Gomez.

BTW Selena, when she's in shape for photos, wears a size 2 http://celebrityinside.com/body-measurements/musicians/selena-gomez-body-measurements-height-weight-shoe-bra-size-stats/ so she's very, very close to being what you refer to as a 'stick', you're pretty much splitting hairs now. And for every one of you guys who likes those HUGE, FAT women who wear a HUGE size 2, there's one of us who like 'sticks' that wear a miniscule size 0 (like there's really that much difference in one dress size!). I like tall lean women (well, and short lean women too). You can keep the ones with the muffin tops and the unavoidable cellulite that comes with all that extra adipose tissue. Even Sophia Vergara only wears an 8. Remember, guys, that the average American woman now wears a size 14 and no longer has an identifiable waistline, just a gradual slope from the breast line to her thighs.

From this website:
http://www.modelmanagement.com/modeling-advice/can-i-be-a-model/
"High Fashion models. They are generally required to be between 172cm to 180cm (5”8 to 5”11), with a dress size of 4-6 US (6-8 UK), with a typical bust size of 34"
So much for the 'size zero' idea. Sure, some may be, but most aren't. They just look slimmer because of their height.

That said, I really do wish they'd get rid of all the nonsense 'vanity' sizing and use real measurements. But I understand western women's reluctance to switch over to the metric system and identfy themselves with much larger numbers; growing up and wearing a size 2 and then telling someone that you wear a size 86 would be unsettling I guess.

Beverley Sims
12-11-2015, 11:26 AM
My thoughts......

Now if I could look like that.... :-)

Only dreamin'.

Athena_
12-11-2015, 11:58 AM
Beautiful women in great outfits......What is not to like? It is all eye candy. mmmmm

MarciManseau
12-11-2015, 01:56 PM
Well, you can't wear any of those outfits to the grocery store that's for sure. :heehee:
I'd kill to have legs like they do, holey moley !!!

If you did, I bet your groceries would be free. Not a bad idea.

Mink
12-12-2015, 05:33 AM
More like you'd be eating said free groceries in JAIL!

haven't watched the latest Fashion Show but it got me looking up on the you tube the OLD old shows

I didn't realize they had some of the earliest ones (1995/96/97/98ish) ... I remember some features on the E! Network back in the day when I was a young lad watching them!

even the 99/00/01ish ones were quite different!

it is strange how they evolved...

it def. became less about the sophistication and the lingerie and more about the spectacle and glam and celebs and musical performers around 2005 or so ... maybe signs of it earlier!

still amuses me how there wasn't a 2004 show due to Janet Jackson nip-gate!

Steph_CD_62
12-13-2015, 11:30 AM
I have only watched the Victoria's Secret Fashion show once, the first year I think.

In my opinion what they are wearing is not make for most people (men or women).

Also it seems to have way too much other things besides the models walking the runway showing off the different styles.

Maybe things have changed, but now I just don't even bother about watching it.

lingerieLiz
12-13-2015, 10:58 PM
I've seen a few of the shows. Yep, I candy. I've never been a fan of 6' women. It has reached the point that the whole show is surrealistic. I'm also not a fan of VS lingerie. But then again I guess I'll put on by grantee panties and go to bed. lol

I like pretty lingerie, but VS bras look great in pictures and on tv, but I guess I don't like all the padding. Let's face it we all like different things.