PDA

View Full Version : Under dressers question

Mgreenva
12-10-2015, 08:48 AM
You put on your panties and pantyhose and are working on getting dressed and you feel it . Pants and shirt are on and you look down and there is a run from your foot to your ankle. Do you start all over or say screw it and throw them out later. I usually start over but had to say screw it today. Depressing knowing I have a run.

Teresa
12-10-2015, 10:27 AM
Mgreenva,
Only half a problem if you wear stockings, I buy triple packs so a spare is usually available, as I usually war skirts the run disappears up past the hem !

Stephanie47
12-10-2015, 10:29 AM
I'd say if the run in the hosiery is not going to be seen just wear them. Yes, you may feel in your mind set that everything is not perfect, but, hosiery costs money. There are times when I discover a snag or very minor run in my hosiery when en femme and I don't change them. If the run is far enough up the leg/thigh and I'm wearing a knee length dress or longer nobody is really going to see it.

docrobbysherry
12-10-2015, 01:05 PM
Interesting, Mgreen. Since know will see anything u r wearing under your drabs, why would a run in an unseen stocking bother u?

Of course, underdressing seems pointless to me for that very reason!:brolleyes:

kittie60
12-10-2015, 01:09 PM
If its a little run wear it wont be seen I use a dab of top coat on it. No more run. I then save them to wear under my jeans later on.

Cheryl T
12-10-2015, 03:27 PM
Depends...am I wearing a skirt/dress or slacks.
If my outfit is slacks I'll just curse under my breath and go with it. They will be tossed when I take them off. If it's a skirt and someone will be able to see the run, then it's an immediate change and toss with lots of cursing...not so much under my breath.

Chriscrossed
12-10-2015, 04:46 PM
If you are in a rush just grab an extra pair from your drawer and run out the door, you can change later when you get a chance. Underdressing is for you and it's important. The point is not how your hosiery looks but how you feel while you are wearing it. So if you get a run and your pantyhose are not up to the task in your opinion then they must be changed. If the run is in a place that is not important to you then don't change them.

Personally my budget can't accommodate tossing out a "workday" pair with a small blemish above the ankle. I will always fix them with nailpolish and carry on. Runs at the toes or ankle mean that pair goes straight into the trash. If for some reason it's an important event and I want to feel special then of course a run anywhere requires a full change because I'm worth it. :)

Chris Crossed.

wanabe-Leona
12-10-2015, 05:21 PM
Well I wear every day for medical reasons so I have a fue pairs with runs. I can live with it as long as I get the compression!

CynthiaD
12-10-2015, 06:46 PM
If I had a long run, I'd change immediately. A short mostly invisible run I wouldn't. I normally change to femme clothing as soon as I get home from work, so anything visible while wearing a skirt or dress has to go.

Janine cd
12-10-2015, 11:05 PM
I usually live with the run unless it"s visible below my skirt or dress hem. If I'm wearins hose under my male jeans, there's no problem.