PDA

View Full Version : Cross dressing is making me healthier!

prettytoes
12-11-2015, 06:22 AM
When the weather is nice, I generally ride my bike 7 miles every morning. I normally wear cycling capris, or spandex athletic capris, a sleeveless shirt, and of course a sports bra. I do not try to present as female, I am just more comfortable riding in capris.
When Winter rolls around, I switch to an indoor workout, usually the treadmill. This is when I break out the running skirts/skorts. I just love the way the nylon fabric feels brushing against my smooth legs with every step. It's also when my neon pink sneakers get some use. It makes for a great incentive to work out!

I haven't been working out much lately, due to back and leg problems. When my favorite skirt was too snug, I decided working out was a cheaper option than replacing my wardrobe with larger sizes (though not as fun!). I just keep moving through the pain.
I went for a back injection a few weeks ago, and my BP was sky-high. I decided then that I want to be around a bit longer to enjoy my 2 grandchildren.
I wonder what the results would be if I had my BP checked dressed in drab, the again with a comfortable skirt...maybe some cute leggings, and a comfy top?

Beverley Sims
12-11-2015, 11:20 AM
I would agree, give me a nice track suit and I want to show it off.

Jonni Lin
12-11-2015, 06:57 PM
I have notice that about myself also, just the fact that I am taking care of my skin and feet a lot more. I'm turning into my ex-wife, lol.

Allisa
12-11-2015, 09:16 PM
I hear ya.I also have been taking better care of myself since accepting my femme self through diet and a few other changes in my lifestyle. Everything fits better and now I have to bye new clothes.

Anita Lynn
12-11-2015, 09:25 PM
I let myself go for way too long, most of the time I wasn't dressing on on the site here...
But I'm back and hitting it hard, lost 14 pounds in the last 6 weeks and still going strong to my amazement.
It's hard work but darn it I want to drop a dress size!, or at least look good in the ones I have. Ok, I'd settle for just looking a little better.
I also quit the cigarettes and went to the E-cig and that added a few pounds so I have a few more to loose, in all I'm trying to drop another 30 pounds, then I'll be happy.
Keep it up and stay strong!

Janine cd
12-11-2015, 10:40 PM
I began exercising about a month ago and I'm amazed at how much healthier I feel. The main reason that got me motivated was the desire to fit into a size 10 skirt that I really love. Although I still have a way to go, I can see real improveeant in my waistline and thighs. Dreaming of wearing other beautiful things has kept me focused. I hope that I can keep going.

jjacobson
01-06-2016, 11:43 AM
I'm finding it's making me healthier too, the desire to stay toned and keep my figure manageable.

AmyVanessa
01-06-2016, 01:01 PM
Oh yes, same with me. I started closely watching what I eat, 'cause I wanted to look good in my leggings and smaller tops.
I miss my favorite junky foods sometimes, but I find my gym workouts are a lot easier for me since I'm down 120 pounds.
But yes, it is a great motivation, isn't it.

MissTee
01-07-2016, 12:09 AM
More about health than dressing: I've been dealing with serious back issues for about 6 months now. Injections, steroids, nerve blockers et al. One or all have an adverse effect on BP, so my goal was to keep utilization of these to a minimum and maintain a reasonable quality of life while I'm on them. Not doing many of my favorite things was/is terrible. Worse is not being able to function normally. I'm slowly getting better, but have had many unpleasant side effect of drugs (some I wrote about on this forum.) Dressing and appearance aside (let me say I have bulked up from steroid use) I am learning to accept what my body allow of me, and to not expect perfection. Also, being whole again is not an option and that is difficult for me to embrace. A fellow therapy patient put it in to perspective for me. Walking with a cane beats depending on a wheel chair any day. I am slowly coming to appreciate the wisdom in that, and to accept my limitations.

Helena J
01-07-2016, 05:02 AM
I'm extremely into skincare lately and going for facials and getting my eyebrows shaped since i started - also started exercising to get my waist smaller and I stopped smoking because of dressing too

lucy_miller
01-07-2016, 05:48 AM
I eat healthily and exercise a lot but have never thought to do so when I'm Lucy, she likes pretty clothes to much, however she does benefit from my being a size 8.

AmyB
01-12-2016, 10:28 PM
I eat healthy, but because I spend most of my day driving around (sales rep) I have developed a bit of a beer belly.

My wife just joined the gym to loose weight, so i'm going to join on the premise of loosing the belly & being her support.

MisterEgurl
01-13-2016, 02:31 PM
It's funny, but I only got serious about being healthy and losing weight when I put it in the context of looking better while crossdressing.

SHY KIM
01-13-2016, 03:25 PM
What a great thread to start! Thank you. Sooo interesting to read the responses!

Within the last three weeks I began an exercise/diet regimen primarily due to my desire to enhance my fem side.

I simply ignored my health and weight forever while being in drab.

Then after talking with my SO on a romantic getawy a few weeks ago, she said that "if cross dressing gives you the incentive to lose weight and get healthy go for it". Needless to say I jumped all over the opportunity and KIM is finally going out this Saturday! I think there will be no looking back

Have been taking care of my feet and toes, brows and moisturizing daily since then!:)

Very proud of all you girls that also found that inner strength!!!
Kim

docrobbysherry
01-14-2016, 01:08 AM
It's funny, but I only got serious about being healthy and losing weight when I put it in the context of looking better while crossdressing.

Exactly my story, Egurl. I quit gym work outs. Now, do a crunches and stretching program every morning, first thing.

Quit drinking beer, late snacks, and reduced my carbs. Dropped nearly 20 lbs. 5 years ago and it never came back! Most of it off my spare tire! :heehee:

The excersize program and weight loss has done wonders for my worn out back. Now, I can dance all nite in hi heels!:D

Pat
01-14-2016, 12:21 PM
Me too. When I decided I wanted to look better when I presented fem so I could go out and be me, I found that desire was stronger than the desire for pizza and I started losing weight. Then I started exercising. Then I started taking better care of my complexion, started caring about my clothing and on and on. Over 60 years of only presenting male in public I never cared a lick about my appearance and suddenly I found a reason to care. And as a side-effect I'm asymptomatic for diabetes. :) I never have desired to live a single day of my life over, but I do think that if I had started earlier I'd have benefited in both happiness and health.

Samantha Scott
01-14-2016, 10:22 PM
I just rode 20km's on the bike to keep in shape. I find it clears my mind and helps to give me great legs.

Matterhorn
01-16-2016, 03:09 AM
It's great to hear so may stories of you getting healthier, exercising more, eating better, etc. I am a bit of a health nut and always preaching the importance of diet and exercise. On the flip side, I'm still quite a CD novice (in secret) but you have provided some great exercise clothing and other ideas to motivate ME to go a little farther

DMichele
01-16-2016, 08:54 AM
I definitely take much better care of my health today than 10+ years ago. I am eating healthier foods, consuming less alcohol, and listening to body signals when it comes to things like rest.

I am striving to ascribe to the preventive medical approach for the last 10 years or so, which is definitely a change. I believe I am heading in a positive direction that has provided me with improved health and wellness.

My acceptance of being transgendered has played a part in my improved health; so being with TG has been beneficial to me.