PDA

View Full Version : Dangers od CDing

DonnaP
12-11-2015, 10:56 AM
Well I thought I was Invincible now I know I'm not. Got Dresses the other felt really great cute Thong Black skirt Grey panty hose 5 in platform Heels bra new forms to try white sweater. Thought I looked so good I was going to take a few photos to post. Went to get coffee in kitchen well you guessed slipped in heels (over confidence) body went all direction now I'm in a brace and crutches bad knee. When I fell panic set in could feel pain real bad now I'm dressed have to get undressed put things away very painfully I might add. Then and only then could I call a friend to get me to ER so please be careful in heels. Imagine had I split my skull and was bleeding!!!!!!!!!! Well so my fellow members please be careful.

Hugs DonnaP:sad:

Tina_gm
12-11-2015, 12:24 PM
I was just running heavy loads of laundry up and down stairs, in 4 inch slim heeled boots. Why? almost as a challenge as to how good I am in them. Nothing bad happened. I was thinking to myself, damn, I am really getting pretty good in heels. Then I thought to myself, damn, I is pretty damn stupid. Good point about being over confident. How many GG's do this? They know better.

Sky
12-11-2015, 12:28 PM
Sorry to hear that, Donna... Helen Reddy used to sing "I am woman, I am invincible". She never said anything about cds. :D

Jaylyn
12-11-2015, 12:38 PM
Listen to Sky's advice .... Lol I love my heels and can do many things in them. I have stumbled many times but have never fallen but it takes lots of practice to get comfortable wearing them. I put on music and dance around in them and it has worked for me. Another thing and told every one on here several times is get your calves, knees and balls of your feet in shape by using a treadmill or even better an elliptical and work out on the balls of your feet, trying not to touch your heel down as you work out. It gives one great looking legs and helps in wearing the heels for longer periods of time. The right size heels are also very important.

Rachael Leigh
12-11-2015, 02:25 PM
So sorry this happened Donna hope your better soon

Tracii G
12-11-2015, 02:58 PM
Oh my so sorry to hear that I hope you heal up fast.

Carmen
12-11-2015, 05:08 PM
Wow! Donna rest and recover! I'm so sorry this happened to you.
Healing Hugs from Carmen.

kittie60
12-11-2015, 05:53 PM
Sorry to hear about you mishapand hope you get better soon. I've had a couple myself with heels on. Spilt some water on the floor and went to mopit up and down I went. Kerthud. Second time me and the wife were going shopping and the cat got out. So off I go to get the cat and not Eben thinking go to cross the lawn in a hurry heels sunk in the sod and stayed there,but I didnt. Yup bellywhopper time. My wife asked if I was ok and then started laughing so hard she had tears in her eyes. Needless to say I changed clothes and away we went. Damn cat was on the doorstep when we got back.

Brandy Mathews
12-11-2015, 06:08 PM
So sorry to hear that. Hope you get better soon. Thank God that I have never had any problems but I have been wearing heels over 20 years now. Love wearing heels, even stilettos, never has bothered my feet or legs at all.
Hugs,
Bree:)

LelaK
12-11-2015, 06:14 PM
I'm lucky I don't have high heels and ain't much interested in them. I don't want to look so tall anyway. Dumbest thing I did was try to bounce off a soccer ball in the bedroom. My feet bounced up without the rest of me and I landed on the hard floor on my tailbone. At least I didn't need to go to the emergency room. I hope your knee heals well. There's probably good advice somewhere online on how to work your knee back to health.

How come your mouth is blurred out? Were you nodding yes?

Robin414
12-11-2015, 11:34 PM
OMG Donna!!!

docrobbysherry
12-12-2015, 12:18 AM
Most of my heels r well over 4", Donna. I've learned to "classify" them. So, I write on the boxes or inside the sole:

Comfy
Fairly comfy
Uncomfy
Death

The "death" shoes I only wear for short periods at home. I wore a pair of 8" heeled "death" platforms the other day for a few pics. And, darn near went down! Luckily, I just ripped off one of the straps. :eek:

baldy1
12-12-2015, 02:00 AM
Well Donna on the flip side if you can get your heels on and not move you can just look at them and think how lovely they look especially if you have your nails painted?

Julie

DonnaP
12-12-2015, 10:30 AM
Thanks all you for the get well and some advice about heels but after I am walking again I will stick with 2 inch heel max until I get brave again.

Hugs DonnaP:battingeyelashes:

AmyVanessa
12-12-2015, 10:39 AM
Hi, Donna.
That happened to me once, I slipped and fell on the sidewalk in my four inch heels.
Enough about me, glad to hear you're walking again. Hope you feel better soon.
Hugs

CarlaWestin
12-12-2015, 11:29 AM
Really Donna. Be careful. I hope you recover soon. Oh, I've had my moments.

Sheila11
12-12-2015, 11:39 AM
Sorry that didn't happen to someone other than you.
Tripped in heals and skidded down an entire flight of stairs. Don't know how I didn't break an ankle. Had to do a load of scrubbing to get the heel marks out of the carpet.

EileenW
12-13-2015, 11:20 PM
Thanks for the warning about the danger of falling when wearing high heels. I stumble in high heels on the stair just last week but did not think much about it. After your story, I realized it could have been real bad and will be more careful in the future.

BLUE ORCHID
12-14-2015, 08:46 AM
Hi Donna:hugs:, A short video of that just flashed in my mind as I was reading about your trip.

It's time to go back to your flats and work your way up to a pair of Kitten Heels. ~~...:daydreaming:...

Krisi
12-14-2015, 09:22 AM
Not only can you fall and hurt yourself while dressed, you could have a heart attack, a stroke or the house could catch on fire. We take risks every day. I had some sort of "mini-stroke" one day while dressed. I was trying to put on my earrings and my fingers wouldn't work right. I was able to go back to male mode and call my wife to take me to the ER. I'm OK now.

Get well soon and be careful.

jenniferinsf
12-14-2015, 09:51 AM
i guess 5" heels and a matching walker is out of the question

Amy Lynn3
12-14-2015, 10:08 AM
Feel better soon.

Judith96a
12-14-2015, 10:15 AM
Jennifer, that's exactly what my wife did on Saturday (OK hers were "only" 4" heels but...)

DonnaP
12-14-2015, 12:28 PM
Well again thank you all for your sweet thoughts. As per Jenniferinfs suggestion I may check into it crutches don't match either Hugs DonnaP:o

tanya_cd
12-14-2015, 12:43 PM
It's definitely a woman thing in general. I have known many woman over the years who have had similar accidents. Ive seen broken bones, ripped toes, etc, which brings me to the conclusion, it's not easy being a woman.

Hope you get better soon :)

Lexi Moralas
12-14-2015, 12:57 PM
Donna , I wish you a speedy recovery !
I've had my moments as well but never had to go to the ER thankfully

Dominique12
12-14-2015, 01:46 PM
Hi, this is my first post and I will introduce myself later. But, I had to respond. I have a rule when dressed. NO heels on the stairs.
I was actually in the ER for a non related, non dressed incident and there was an older woman next to me. Her daughter had brought her in and the other daughter rushed in to see mom. When asked what happened, the daughter replied, "mom fell, she was wearing "those" shoes." My wife and I laughed about that and agreed my rule is probably a good one.

vixenvicki
12-14-2015, 04:26 PM
OUCH! Wishing you a speedy recovery, Donna!

Like Dominique, I also avoid stairs, as I almost had a fall one time when I was younger. The worst I've done was twist an ankle once though (knock on wood!).

Krisi
12-15-2015, 07:52 AM
No heels on the stairs?

My wife and I were at a shopping mall a few years ago, sitting on a bench when a younger female came running down the hall and ran down the escalator in heels, at least 3". She appeared to be an employee of one of the clothing stores based on her outfit and might have been late coming back to work after lunch.

If you can wear heels, you should be able to walk up and down stairs wearing them and drive a car wearing them.

I was out with my wife and a friend of hers who is only about five feet tall. A woman walked by wearing 4" or so heels. My wife's friend turned and commented "Boy I would sure hate to fall off those heels." I said back to her "It would be no worse than if you were just that much taller." She thought a minute and said "I never thought of it that way."

DonnaP
12-15-2015, 09:53 AM
Thanks Dominique and welcome to CD.com the best site you could ever pick the Members are so sweet and helpful you will see and when you have time lets set up a friendship Hugs DonnaP:battingeyelashes:

Stephanie47
12-15-2015, 12:48 PM
Good choice. I think there is an obsession with some that the only way a woman really looks nice and sexy is to don the highest heal possible. I am very comfortable with a three inch heel. Higher than three inches puts too much strain on my tendons and ligaments. I also prefer a "chunky" heel over a thinner or spikier heel.

Get well soon. I know statistics are gathered by emergency rooms as to the cause of the visit. Too bad your visit is not going to be categorized as "slipped wearing high heels." I suspect there are actually more high heel falls than recorded.

Dana44
12-15-2015, 05:44 PM
Hope you feel better. Yep, but I love my high heels. Hope I'm not too over confidence. Hope you get better soon and have a nice Christmas.

Just4me
12-15-2015, 09:11 PM
Ok I got the memo thanks donna speedy recovery happy holidays

Alice_2014_B
02-11-2016, 04:56 PM
Hope you are doing better now Donna.
That is something I always imagine when I'm walking in heels.
Thanks for sharing.
:)