PDA

View Full Version : make up application class round two

cdbrandi
12-11-2015, 12:57 PM
last week I had the lady that done my makeup for the photo shoot come to the house to give me a class on makeup application, I was a bit overwhelmed with the information and lack of my own good makeup. A few days later I talked to her to find out if she would go buy the majority of the stuff I needed, I had a few items that I had already gotten for myself, and then come back for a round 2 class where I done the majority of the work using the products she picked up for me and just watch to offer corrections and advice on application techniques. She agreed to it, so I sent her the money, she went and got everything I did not already have, and came back today. Round 1 was a little over 2 hours, round 2 was a little over an hour, and here is the results:

crobeson96
12-11-2015, 01:13 PM
You look beautiful and very, very natural. You'll be coaching all of us soon. The experience sounds wonderful, too, to have someone who is so helpful and friendly. I'm jealous!

cdbrandi
12-11-2015, 01:18 PM
It is nice to have someone who is helpful and friendly, but I am also paying for her time spent on the classes as that is one of her jobs. I think she is cutting me a deal on the cost of the classes, but I am still paying her for her time and expertise.

EnglishBeth
12-11-2015, 04:47 PM
You look very natural and feminine.

cdbrandi
12-11-2015, 10:31 PM
Thank you.

Janine cd
12-11-2015, 11:04 PM
Brandi, I think that is the most beautiful makeup application that I have ever seen. I'm so jealous. I wish that had been me .

cdbrandi
12-11-2015, 11:42 PM
Thank you! If you want to know what all products I used to get this look, I will make the list for you, but I do not know that I could explain the techniques for applying it all as I am still working on learning that!

Julie Denier
12-12-2015, 12:57 AM
Wow! Very pretty - a lovely natural look ;)

heatherdress
12-12-2015, 12:57 AM
Brandi - You look beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing your experience and helping us.

DanaR
12-12-2015, 01:13 AM
Brandi, I think that most people that sell makeup like to help people look pretty. I know that they are in it for the money, but they like the results too. When there is money changing hands, it seems like it is just for the money, but it sounds like she likes helping too. Just don't take advantage of her, you might make a good friend.

cdbrandi
12-12-2015, 06:39 AM
Just don't take advantage of her, you might make a good friend.

I agree, and I am doing my best not to take advantage of her. When talking with her about getting her help for stuff I always start the conversation with what would it cost to get your help with x,y,z? When she gives me a price I do not try to talk her down any at all.

BLUE ORCHID
12-12-2015, 06:58 AM
Hi Brandi:hugs:, It really looks like it was Time & Money very well spent, It sounds like you've found a good friend & teacher. ~~...:daydreaming:...

Shirley Anne
12-12-2015, 07:40 AM
very impressive, I wish I could make such a good job of my make up.

cdbrandi
12-12-2015, 08:05 AM
Blue, Thank you! I feel it was time and money well invested as well. And I do count Ashley (the lady helping me) as a friend, and she is an awesome teacher.

Shirley, once the techniques are learned, it takes a lot of practice to get good at it. Until yesterday, all I had was foundation, eye shadow, mascara and blush. Most days I applied those even if I was not able to wear them for more than an hour before having to wash it all off. Part of the 2nnd class was Ashley had went and got me a good selection of stuff to round out my products and then watched as I applied everything and offered corrections and application advice. Now I have to practice with everything now that I have it.

bridget thronton
12-12-2015, 10:25 AM
I have learned well - that is a very nice look

Karen RHT
12-12-2015, 10:42 AM
And wonderful results they are Brandi. Kudos to you for being determined, pro active, and cooperative. Enjoy the fruits of your labours and your new found friendship.

Karen

cdbrandi
12-12-2015, 10:51 AM
here are the results of today's solo, with the aid of a cheat sheet only, application:

alwayshave
12-12-2015, 11:05 AM
Brandi, that is a great story, your makeup application is excellent.

Sheila11
12-12-2015, 11:15 AM
Awesome job. Looking great.
Next step. Experimentation.
Day look. Evening look.
Bright eyes. Smoky eyes.
I want everyone to look, look.

cdbrandi
12-12-2015, 11:31 AM
Well, this would be my day look, and I have to get good at doing this before I get brave enough to experiment, and once I get comfortable with this, I am going to do another class to work on different looks.

Victoria Demeanor
12-12-2015, 12:01 PM
Wow Brandi how lucky are you. Judging by the picture of your personal attempt I believe you are getting the technique down pretty good. My wife has tried to show me a few things, and as grateful as I am I think hiring a professional is the way to go. Well maybe in my case a professional mason would be better.
I've got to say that you really look fantastic, very natural and very pretty.

Kim_Bitzflick
12-12-2015, 01:12 PM
Brandi,

You look great. I think you have a good handle on this.

Tracii G
12-12-2015, 05:27 PM
Really looking good Brandi.
Way better than I am at make up.

S. Lisa Smith
12-12-2015, 06:13 PM
You look very nice and your solo job looks great!!

cdbrandi
12-12-2015, 10:08 PM
this is after an entire day, 2 meals and a lot of beverages, with no touch ups what so ever.
I am surprised at how well the makeup lasted with as much as I touched my face without thinking about it.