PDA

View Full Version : Salon or Spa Services

lela
02-15-2006, 09:34 AM
How many of you girls use the services of a beauty salon or spa? I have my hair colored, cut and styled at a local salon. I do think that spa's have much more to offer when it comes to being pampered, such as soothing facials, massages, and some offer microdermabrasion. The small town that I live in doesn't have a spa, just a few beauty salons.

Girly Sara
02-15-2006, 10:01 AM
Hi Lela, hope you're ok hun and i'm glad to hear you're enjoying the benefits of a salon.

I regularly use a local salon here in London and i love every minute of it. I started out with a very painful full body wax (OUCH!!! lol) I then progressed to eyebrow waxes, then onto manicures with clear polish and NOW! Well, i really go to town hehe I have french manicures with pretty pink varnish and white tips, eyebrow and lash tints and i even had a spray tan where the manageress of the salon sprayed me...the thing is i was only wearing my panties! That was an unforgettable experience. I'm very fortunate in the fact that the girls in the salon know about Sara and are actively encouraging me to go in there enfemme. Otherwise they said they would bar me! lol How can i resist?

Sara xxxx

DanaJ
02-15-2006, 05:45 PM
I have done just about every service they offer in a day spa :) I have a weekly appointment to get my nails done, I usually alternate between French and colors on my fingers, toes are always done bright with art. I also get brow waxes and a monthly makeover, and of course massages - mmmmmmmm! :)

SherriePall
02-15-2006, 06:17 PM
I've had four pedicures done at a day spa. This last time I went enfemme and had a makeover, too. The owner wants me to get a facial some day. She even tried to wax my upper lip one time, but the hair wasn't long enough.

cyndyw
02-15-2006, 06:31 PM
Once I went at Halloween to a salon in a dress and had make-up put on.

Three times I had a pedicure with polish.

Twice I had my arms, legs and underarms waxed.

Every time the ladies were very nice in making my visits very enjoyable.

S. Lisa Smith
02-15-2006, 06:53 PM
If Merle Norman counts, then yes. While it might seem like I'm on their payroll or something, I can't say enough good things about them. I went to a new one in Richmond (actually Midlotian) Virginia on an unexpected trip last Saturday. To say it was great would be an understatement. The owner, Kathy, treated me very, very well. She works at that store Fridays and Saturdays.

dianem
02-15-2006, 07:36 PM
I normally go to a spa or a skin care store for make up applications. With one exception I've always been treated very well. At one spa they were very uppety and didn't like to even talk.
When I first started going I made up excused such as I was a surprise guest at a reunion as an ex boyfriend of someone. Now I found a skin care store that loves to see me come in. We have lots of fun trying on different colors.
I've also been to nail salons for polish.

Laurie Ann
02-15-2006, 08:36 PM
I would love to go to a spa for a day of pampering skin, nails and makeup. What a great time I think that would be.

Jodi
02-15-2006, 09:22 PM
I get my manicure done every two weeks and my pedicure done once a month. The salon is very accomidating and welcomes my business. Today I got my hair cut. Told my stylist that I am interested in a new "do". While I was getting my cut, she brought out three of her wig catelogs for me to look through. We finally decided on one, after she gave me yeas and nays on several. I will probably order it next week. When it comes in, she will professionally trim and style it to fit me.

Jodi

PennieS
02-18-2006, 12:47 AM
I have often used the services of several salons, Almost always have been very satisfied with all of their services, except for the very first time I went to one to get my very first fem Long hair style. It was bad I went to another place an hour later and got a long perm and style and it was perfect. Most times I wear slacks, blouse and makeup when there and have always been treated with the most upmost professional curtesy. One stylist asks me advice about dealing with her nephew who comes to her to be styled like a girl but his mother (her sister) is against it. The kid is 15 and looks like a high school cheerleader with his long layered Blonde hair and makeup. Ohhhh to be young again and to know what i know now. It would have been panties and fem styles since school age.:cry:

Michelle2008
02-18-2006, 02:24 AM
I've had many positive experiences at my local salon and spa. I go in and make all my appts. under as Michelle. They are so accepting and understanding. Before I went on my Dignity Cruise last October, I spent the day at my salon and spa getting pampered. Full body wax, manicure, pedicure...the works. I was in heaven!
I would recommend anyone who is wanting to try out a salon and spa...to go for it. Most are very supportive and will pamper you as every woman should be pampered.

Take Care,
Michelle

Gail Evans
02-18-2006, 11:12 AM
Being papered at the spa is the gretest. - I go every second week for waxing, everthing including underarms. They have no problem with me stripped down to my panties. I always try to wear a different pair each time.

What heavan.

Gail