PDA

View Full Version : Out and about again

Sonny
12-12-2015, 05:03 PM
So Friday evening I got dressed and went shoe shopping. Been thinking about it all week and this is my 2nd time out. Going out again this evening dressed. Felt that I passed with flying colors and got discounts offered to me at one store. Problem is I didn't look all that pretty last night and that was a let down. I was down for a while and when I got home took off my make up and got on line. Had to remind self that this was only the second time that I have ever worn makeup let alone go out. Today I have watched hours of how to put on makeup and feel much more better.
I'm going to go do some more shopping and then attend a birthday party for a fellow I met last week, who doesn't know that I dress, but nothing to lose.
You ladies have a wonderful evening/day.
Love ya's
Sonny

Allisa
12-12-2015, 07:07 PM
Your skills will get better and soon you'll look "pretty". Second time out and still kicking, good luck with the party and be careful, shocking news some time goes awry.

kittie60
12-12-2015, 09:19 PM
Hi Sonny and welcome to the site. 2nd time out and your already to go out again. Its like we tell all first time liters it does get easier and you have found that out already. Thats a job well done Sonny,keep it up. Best wishes for you.

DeeArel
12-12-2015, 11:05 PM
...Felt that I passed with flying colors and got discounts offered to me at one store. Problem is I didn't look all that pretty last night and that was a let down...

You think you passed very well which is a strong positive. From my own experiences, you are most likely prettier than you give yourself credit.

I have been going out for over 44 years. Many times I have felt that I did not look that pretty.

You must remember that each individual is her own worst critic. We see all the flaws and rarely look at our overall presentation.

Last year I had an experience that cured me of thinking that I did not look “pretty” and allayed fears that I was easily read when out in public.

I was in Omaha, NE and was going out to a bar to which I had never been. As I was leaving my hotel, the final check in the mirror gave me reservations about my appearance. However, I decided to go anyway. The entrance to the bar was directly through the front of the building into a foyer with a ninety degree turn to the left with another door to pass through. As I entered the bar, I began to survey the interior to get the feel for its layout. My initial impression was that the bar was divided into two halves with a half wall between them and a path straight in front and slightly to my right to move between the two halves. As I continued forward, I noticed a lady on the far side of the other half of the bar that was standing alone and appeared to be attractive. My first thoughts were I would like to figure out a way to inconspicuously approach her and get a better look. But since she was by herself and the bar was fairly empty, it would by obvious that I was approaching her directly. I continued to enter the bar and survey the layout to the rear of the building. Then, I noticed that the bar was indeed divided into two halves but there was not a half wall between them but a full wall. The top half of the wall was mirrored. At this point I realized that I had been looking at my reflection which only 15 minutes before at the hotel I thought did not look very pretty. I had a good laugh at myself and then ordered my first drink of the evening. From that point forward, I have not worried what I thought about my appearance as I headed out the door into the real world.

Sonny
12-12-2015, 11:42 PM
Thank you all for your kind advise and thoughtful responses. The guy chuckled when I told him who I was, he didn't recognize me and was way cool about it.
I got dressed and put on my face and wig and headed out. Went and got a new wig which I think compliments me more than the other however, I will wear it still as it has its place. Feeling really good about tonight. Many looks and nice not WTF double looks and treated like a lady. Had a guy run out of one of the center sales thingy and had me try lotion, that was a win in my book. Here are a couple pics, I grabbed some glasses which i thought were cute. Thanks again!