PDA

View Full Version : Who do you turn to in times of need and support?

Bobbi46
12-16-2015, 06:38 PM
Sometimes family are the ones to go to but what if you have no family, like me only a son and daughter who I can not tell for various reasons? The answer to this is found quite readily. I turn to you my friends here. A trusted few I have told of my life's anguish (one in particular) and what I received back was just wonderful sympathy and support but also kindly advice on how to go forward and how to get over a particular problem.
I have been brought back from the very brink of life by you lovely people. I find here now all I need in life regarding warmth understanding and kind feelings. Who needs anything else? I have all I want right here amongst you all.
And by the way HAPPY CHRISTMAS and hugs to you all from the bottom of my heart.

Candice June Lee
12-16-2015, 06:56 PM
I'm glad to hear that your found some support here.. We are all here for that. I too thank the forums and the people here within for the advise I read daily.
Merry Christmas to all.

MissDanielle
12-16-2015, 06:59 PM
I have the forums that I turn to and some close friends and family who support and accept me for who I am. I'm pretty sure AlleyKat has quickly become one of my new besties :)

Rachael Leigh
12-16-2015, 07:31 PM
Glad you have found friendship here because we all know how hard this is on many of us.
I'm glad your here and Merry Christmas to you

BLUE ORCHID
12-16-2015, 09:01 PM
Hi Bobbi:hugs:, It's like I said ," When you are here , You are home" . ~~...:daydreaming:...

Tara Rushing
12-16-2015, 09:08 PM
You gals are all I have in regards to crossdressing. I consider it a godsend finding this place about 6+ months ago, and being brave enough to join about a month ago. It has been a tremendous source of help and inspiration to me. I have been doing this (crosdressing to some degree or another) for over 35 years and finding you girls and your stories that were so similar to mine has given me hope and the feeling of not being alone and not so strange after all. Thank you ALL so much!!! You are all my heroes!!

Maria 60
12-16-2015, 09:10 PM
Your right! and a great place to vent. Nothing like real life experience advice. You thanked us, I would like to thank you.

MissDanielle
12-16-2015, 09:50 PM
Could use some support right now as it is. It's really bad right now. Like VERY bad.

Tracii G
12-16-2015, 10:19 PM
Bobbi that is what we are all here for.
I'm glad you found help.
Danielle honey whats the matter?

Kevyn53
12-16-2015, 10:41 PM
Bobbi, a wise friend once pointed out to me that there is the family you are born into and the family you acquire. Hopefully we're the family you have acquired and we'll be there for you through everything. Have a Merry Christmas and a great and positive New Year.

MissDanielle
12-16-2015, 10:43 PM
Transphobic parents!!

bridget thronton
12-17-2015, 02:32 AM
Merry Christmas bobbi

Teresa
12-17-2015, 11:04 AM
Bobbi,
All my family know but my conversations are limited, I have some friends that know but you have to learn they have a limit too, the forum allows us to discuss, vent and have some fun. I totally share your view and would like to return your best wishes and hope the new year brings you closer to your family and better acceptance of your CDing .

bimini1
12-17-2015, 05:09 PM
Ain't no way in the world I could lean on family when down about this. First thing they'd do is have a prayer session and start laying hands on me to deliver me. And to be honest, there are times when I might welcome that. I'm convinced what one needs is a support network of others who have to deal with these gender issues whatever they may be. A friend of mine said once "we girls have got to stick together" and I haven't forgotten that. It's true. It really is us against the world.
If you can possibly meet some others in person and share yourself with them it will help a lot.

RADER
12-17-2015, 06:26 PM
Only my wife knew about my desires to dress, now that she passed on, I wish I had some one to talk to
once in a while. This forum helps, but a one on one conversation is still the best.
I have dated a few women, but I do not think I could be as close to anyone as I was with my wife.
When I try to hint to someone, all I get is a big negative response, So I do not go their.
Rader

sometimes_miss
12-18-2015, 08:56 AM
About crossdressing and transgender feelings, I have no one IRL to talk to about it. Just here. About 'normal' problems, I have two friends I can call at any time, day or night. And I'm not going to mess that up by dumping my crossdressing secret onto them, and making THEM deal with it. It's not their issue. And I won't force them to be responsible for keeping a secret that I do, just to make myself feel better.

Connie D50
12-18-2015, 09:01 AM
When I'm in need to support i turn to my daughter she is by far the most supported person in my life.

MisterEgurl
12-18-2015, 11:17 PM
Nobody. I am very much alone in life. I am unmarried, no kids and my family are all deceased. I have work colleagues and acquaintances with whom I socialize on occasion, but I have no one I would dare burden with my troubles. I must face every defeat and obstacle alone. I either triumph or I am finished. I wish I had people or institutions in my life to lean on occasionally for support. I have no faith and no hope, so even those delusional sources of strength are not available to me.

Living like this is extremely difficult, but I am perpetually reminded that it is all my fault alone and alone I must correct all of it. If I don't tend to my own needs and well being, who will? So, I regain my composure, stuff the sorrow or disappointment, and go about lifting myself out of the pit again. If you do this enough and succeed enough, you realize that you don't need others. Not needing others makes you entirely unloveable. And that's fine if you know nothing different.

Karren H
12-18-2015, 11:45 PM
I don't need no stinking support! Lol. Pretty much self reliant and self sufficient.

Jazzy Jaz
12-19-2015, 02:54 AM
My wonderful girly friend and my momma! Im not out to my mom but as a teenager i was caught with my sisters clothes a few times and when i was resistant to talk about it she dropped it. I 100% know that she would be totally ok with it and I think I will probably tell her in the near future. I will wait for a good time such as when we're driving together so that we don't get half way through our conversation and then get interupted. I think its slipped her mind over the decade and a half but when I bring it up the memories of those times will come back to her. Oh yah, and definately all of you lovely ladies.

Sarasometimes
12-19-2015, 09:37 AM
I have a wonderful therapist when family isn't the best answer. Not cheap but very effective (NO, I'm not going to get cured, can't happen).

ChristinaK
12-19-2015, 10:22 AM
I turn to my panties for support.

Yeah, being real dudes, many of us don't play well with others, as in are social midgets.

Can't talk to my wife, I get called disgusting. Can't talk to anyone else as they don't know. I had one gg friend and I let that slip for fear that my wife would find out and get jealous.

This forum is a tremendous help in many ways. Foremost, I have found that I'm not alone in my lifelong desire to dress. There are too many other ways you all help me to list and I appreciate this forum greatly.

Merry Christmas all and I hope I didn't offend anyone by saying that.

Beverley Sims
12-19-2015, 12:15 PM
A bit like Karen here, maybe not so militant but I am my best support.

Lily Catherine
12-19-2015, 03:59 PM
This site at best. I don't have much human support proper offline. I say this as I have also tried to talk to God (let's leave it at that). Granted, a few of my friends don't mind but don't support it or even crossdress themselves. I'm faced with a NIMBY attitude within the family in the long term.

pamela7
12-19-2015, 05:01 PM
i have my wife, i have friends, i have colleagues, a strong network, and some friends here too. I don't consider the forum per se to be friendly due to the autocratic imperial nature that comes down from on high at times. More carrot and less stick would make this place friendlier. There's too many things considered taboo also. However, make friends here and discuss in PM's rather than in the open forum.

Ally 2112
12-19-2015, 07:59 PM
Reading the posts here helps a lot and once in awhile my x girlfriend .Other than that im pretty much on my own

Brandy Mathews
12-19-2015, 08:16 PM
MERRY CHRISTMAS to you too. And I am so glad that I joined this site too, thank you everyone. I think that we should have a big gathering from this site someday. That would be so fun.
Hugs,
Bree :)

Michelle Girl
12-19-2015, 09:17 PM
Reading this site has been a great source of support for me and has given me the knowledge and confidence to seek out other sources recently - going to my first CD event two months ago and having the chance to meet others in person and discuss matters and have a great laugh, too. And now, just three days ago, going out dressed for the first time in the street and to a bar, again meeting fellow dressers. Having so many of the points raised in this forum confirmed by others, enriching that support.

Outings will continue to be rare. So this wonderful forum and you, my new friends, will continue to be my greatest source of support. Support that I can access anytime I need it. Thank you. And have a merry one.

Love, Michelle

Karren H
12-20-2015, 09:06 AM
A bit like Karen here, maybe not so militant but I am my best support.

I always wanted to get a female dress militatary uniform! Lol

gokatiegirl
12-20-2015, 09:24 AM
I have a former male playmate that knows how I tick and will always listen. However, he doesn't understand cross dressing and it's the reason we no longer spend time together...but he is still there when I need somebody.

Sonny
12-21-2015, 09:15 PM
I have only myself on most everything. I have spoiled my wife and she doesn't understand the real world let alone the fun world. I don't have any friends, by choice. Last 2 great friends died early deaths and it is much easier not having than losing. Not a petty party for Sonny, just reality. I work a lot, my job is my hobby, which is a good thing cause I do enjoy it. Not so bad cause I am my biggest fan and most times truly happy with myself and life. Roll with the punches and strike back hard as needed. Looking forward in being a member in this group and would love to find a group of CD's in my area (NW Iowa). Looked but no luck. The one CD I have found only wants sex and I want to go shopping, dining, talk, gossip, etc., with other CD's not sex. Sorry for the long response I could've just said no one. :devil:

Bobbi46
12-22-2015, 06:15 AM
If I need face to face support on something apart from all you lovely people I have a very dear Transgender lesbian who knows all about me and in times of urgency I can turn to her for help. But for the rest of the time of all of you.
Who needs more? this forum gives me all I need.