PDA

View Full Version : Gift of a bra fitting for my wife?

Mark/Rebecca
12-21-2015, 12:15 PM
I spoke with a certified fitter yesterday and decided to gift my wife a bra fitting for possibly Wacoal, basically the best bra they have. It is not of the same caliber as most of my bras but for various reasons I cant take her to see my consultant. Currently she wears the Olga tshirt bra and they are just rolling around in there. I personally feel it is an intimate and thoughtful gift.
So.... am I outing myself to her by getting her that for a gift??
Also how do I discuss with her proper bra care for luxury bras without exposing myself? (She knew before we were married many years ago and early on gave me an ultimatum which I foolishly accepted)

Katey888
12-21-2015, 01:39 PM
Tricky one, Rebecca... :thinking:

Let me start by affirming that it is, indeed, a thoughtful and intimate gift... :)

And while you may have a history of more intimate knowledge about these things than the average joe, there is no reason why that history (or truly your more current perambulations into our subculture) should be implicated by this type of gift. A guy can be interested and even knowledgeable without necessarily stepping into those shoes (as far as she is aware) - if you get my meaning... :D

Katey x

Laura912
12-21-2015, 04:29 PM
Perhaps when you make the appointment for the fitting, a nice gift, you can ask the consultant if she will offer a few tips to your wife.

Eryn
12-21-2015, 04:35 PM
Bras and bra fitting is a very personal thing and not all GGs would be thrilled by the gesture. Some might see it as a criticism of their current look or simply of someone getting too personal.

A gift of clothes or jewelry would be safer.

Now, if you want to do a shopping outing and you end up in a situation where you could each choose to have a fitting that would be OK, but the right of refusal is important.

Amanda Monica
12-21-2015, 04:47 PM
Bras and bra fitting is a very personal thing and not all GGs would be thrilled by the gesture. Some might see it as a criticism of their current look or simply of someone getting too personal.

A gift of clothes or jewelry would be safer.

Now, if you want to do a shopping outing and you end up in a situation where you could each choose to have a fitting that would be OK, but the right of refusal is important.

I agree with Eryn. It's indeed a personal matter and it can be quickly misinterpreted as a "you're doing it all wrong" manner. Probably applies to most unsolicited advice. An unsolicited jewelry or flower gift, well that's another matter!

Now if you're looking to bras and bra care as a way or theme to generate a discussion about your CDing, perhaps that can be something you can work into your coming out. Or returning out as it appears from your OP. Perhaps tread lightly if the latter is the case

Mark/Rebecca
12-21-2015, 07:08 PM
I think the bra care discussion will have to be done by the fitter. When I asked about her credentials, she suggested I come in for a fitting. She probably already suspects due to my interest and concern for my wife's fit. I am just going to ask her to educate her on proper care (hand washing, rotating, storage). I think they are like attorneys where they can't disclose our interaction to our wives. I am sure they take some kind of oath. My wife has been complaining about getting new bras for several weeks and did end up buying at least 1 new bra. I am sure she was wearing it one evening when I asked her if she was bra-less. She thought I was being randy, but it just looked like they were sagging and poorly supported. I think I am safe taking her for a fitting, but I know most shotgun toting beer guzzling husbands wouldn't approach it.