PDA

View Full Version : Fictional princesses as influence?

jessica_brink
12-21-2015, 01:06 PM
This might come of as a bit of a childish question to some, but where there any princesses from movies or TV who impressed you when you were younger and have had some kind of influence on your crossdressing, like maybe seeing them made you want to dress up? I'm thinking mainly Disney princesses but there are others as well of course. For me personally it was mostly Megara from Hercules and Odette from The Swan Princess who made a certain impression but at the time it was hard to say what it was exactly (although I figured later they made me feel more in touch with my feminine side), but it was Belle and later Rapunzel who really made me wanna go to my mom's closet and dress up.

bridget thronton
12-21-2015, 01:22 PM
Perhaps Aurora from Sleeping Beauty

MissDanielle
12-21-2015, 01:37 PM
Hard to say but I am definitely buying a princess shirt as soon as I move out. I also plan to decorate my room with a collage of Disney princesses. Every girl wants their day in the sun, including me :)

jessica_brink
12-21-2015, 01:39 PM
Hard to say but I am definitely buying a princess shirt as soon as I move out. I also plan to decorate my room with a collage of Disney princesses. Every girl wants their day in the sun, including me :)

Why noy immediately go for a princess dress? ;)

MissDanielle
12-21-2015, 02:04 PM
I'll get there eventually...

pamela7
12-21-2015, 02:08 PM
How about "Red Sonja" (Brigitte Nielson)? (film)
Or, Xena, Warrior Princess (Lucy Lawless)? (tv)

jessica_brink
12-21-2015, 02:11 PM
How about "Red Sonja" (Brigitte Nielson)? (film)
Or, Xena, Warrior Princess (Lucy Lawless)? (tv)

Not your typical princesses but sure. I prefer the girly ones personally

Amanda Monica
12-21-2015, 02:12 PM
Interesting question. I never felt that princesses (Disney or otherwise) compelled or even influenced me to dress, but I will admit to admiring the animated version of Cinderella. Mostly for the transformation aspects, discovering who you are or can be. While looking great too!

pamela7
12-21-2015, 02:25 PM
Or Altaira Morbius from The Forbidden Planet? She had awesome dresses.

reb.femme
12-21-2015, 03:42 PM
I'd like to be a real life Princess in the UK, simply because you don't have to work for a living. :heehee:

Unfortunately, I'm more Princess Fiona. :sad:

Becky

Lacy PJs
12-21-2015, 04:20 PM
I'm not sure that "inspired by..." would be the right term but my mind sure went to some familiar places when I saw the ball scene in the recent Cinderella movie.

Lacy PJs

Suzie Petersen
12-21-2015, 04:32 PM
Ha!! Xena Warrior Princess fits very well with both side of my personality. Look gorgeous and Kick ass! Yep yep!!

Speaking of that ...

Becky: Unfortunately, I'm more Princess Fiona.

Well at least Fiona's boyfriend has a nice .. Ass ... right ;)

- Suzie

Stephanie47
12-21-2015, 05:17 PM
Actually, it is June Cleaver of "Leave It to Beaver" fame.

Sky
12-21-2015, 07:09 PM
I'm a cross between Ursula (the Little Mermaid) and Cruella de Vil.

Midasgirl
12-21-2015, 07:41 PM
...but it was Belle and later Rapunzel who really made me wanna go to my mom's closet and dress up.

'Beauty & the Beast' was released around the same time as I started crossdressing in my early teens. While not a direct influence, I do recall looking at Belle's yellow gown and wishing I could wear it ( or even be turned into Belle ).
Rapunzel's dress from 'Tangled' is gorgeous. In fact, I was looking at various reproductions of it on eBay recently and pondering getting one. I've always loved the various Disney princess dresses but have never bought a cosplay version of any of them. A reproduction of Snow White's dress in satin would be sublime.

jessica_brink
12-21-2015, 11:36 PM
'Beauty & the Beast' was released around the same time as I started crossdressing in my early teens. While not a direct influence, I do recall looking at Belle's yellow gown and wishing I could wear it ( or even be turned into Belle ).
Rapunzel's dress from 'Tangled' is gorgeous. In fact, I was looking at various reproductions of it on eBay recently and pondering getting one. I've always loved the various Disney princess dresses but have never bought a cosplay version of any of them. A reproduction of Snow White's dress in satin would be sublime.

I know right? It's their gorgeous dresses that made wanna dress up. Belle's ball gown is the most feminine thing you could think of, and I love Rapunzel's pink dress too.

Lily Catherine
12-22-2015, 03:05 AM
I never could relate at all to any of the Disney animated films in the Disney Princess canon. Rewatching them when I got older and hopefully wiser didn't help.

Ironically, I would have rared for one of those dress-up costumes available in the department store. Just that I never said out loud at that point (and I imagine exaggerated disgust on the part of my parents!).

EllieMayxxx
12-22-2015, 04:05 AM
Cinderella was an influence thinking back. I used to watch a few disney movies and i was amazed by the dresses and how beautiful they were.

AllieBellema
12-28-2015, 05:37 PM
It was only slight at the time, but I would say Belle had the biggest influence out of them. Right to the point where I was able to obtain one for myself earlier in the year. Needs some minor tweaking, but it is so incredible to wear and I do feel like a princess in it!

Krisi
12-28-2015, 05:41 PM
Nope. The "princess" thing never impressed me.

Marianne T
12-28-2015, 06:09 PM
Nope. The "princess" thing never impressed me.

Me neither.

Superheroines, on the other hand, I loved, even if they tended to be a bit useless except as eye candy.

Eryn
12-29-2015, 01:53 AM
My main influence is Princess Vespa. She's self-rescuing!

jessica_brink
12-29-2015, 09:00 AM
It was only slight at the time, but I would say Belle had the biggest influence out of them. Right to the point where I was able to obtain one for myself earlier in the year. Needs some minor tweaking, but it is so incredible to wear and I do feel like a princess in it!

Ah so that's where your name comes from ;) Do you have a pic of that?

AllieBellema
12-29-2015, 08:59 PM
It's more related to my love for Southern Belle dresses actually, just coincidental that Belle is my favorite Disney princess as well. :)

Pic is with my black wig, I need to get new ones done with my brown wig. Once I get myself well situated in my new house. Sadly, the skirt has been a bit of an issue as it seems like it's too long for my hoop skirt, but it still looks good in posing though!

(And don't mind the bit of chest hair sticking out, I hadn't had a chance to shave that when I took those pics.)

docrobbysherry
12-29-2015, 10:08 PM
Classic Cinderella and Snow White several times. (Probably do SW again next year at Disneyland.) At clubs and Disneyland. Several other random princess looks. Did Elsa this year.:battingeyelashes:

I've been working on a sort of Xena look. More accurately, the princess in the John Carter on Mars movie. And, the ball scene in new Cinderella movie floored me! Gotta be her!:devil:

Elsa

Mona
12-29-2015, 10:15 PM
For me it was Alice (of Wonderland fame). At first I wanted a girlfriend like her, later I wanted to be her.

Rhian
12-29-2015, 11:00 PM

I love bikinis and Leia's is a great example.

Robin414
12-29-2015, 11:42 PM
Not really a princes type myself but I could rock an evil princess look:

Bring me my skinny jeans or off with your head or something nasty like that! 😉

Katey888
01-01-2016, 07:16 AM
Can I say "The Princess Bride" or would that be INCONCEIVABLE!!! :D

(Y'know, I think Cary Elwes might actually be prettier than Robin Wright... :thinking:)

Katey x

Vale
01-01-2016, 11:46 AM
For me it was the ballerina in the 2000 release of Fantasia. She was in the piano concerto #2. The animation captures the feminine elegance of the classic ballerina, through what clearly are the eyes of a true lover of femininity.

An excellent topic.

Vale

Eryn
01-03-2016, 02:52 AM
...(Y'know, I think Cary Elwes might actually be prettier than Robin Wright... :thinking:)...

I don't think so:

AussieJess
01-03-2016, 06:34 AM
Lol, I was actually thinking about this myself. I was just on eBay finding a Belle gown and Wig. And then came here to ask this very question! It's not childish at all. In fact, I was at Disneyland in LA only a few weeks ago, and stupid online to get my photo with Belle. So pretty. Now I have aspirations!! Back to jogging it all out now... :D

Katey888
01-03-2016, 06:39 AM
Not wishing to divert the thread, but Cary was quite a 'pretty' (femininely featured) young guy (no homo! :))

Kinda leads to an interesting perspective of what we perceive as feminine features... :thinking:

But not a Princess - I know... :)

Katey x

jessica_brink
01-03-2016, 08:29 AM
Not really a princes type myself but I could rock an evil princess look:

Bring me my skinny jeans or off with your head or something nasty like that! 😉

Yes I love that character too (Charlize in general actually), especially with long hair and the gold dress.

- - - Updated - - -

For me it was the ballerina in the 2000 release of Fantasia. She was in the piano concerto #2. The animation captures the feminine elegance of the classic ballerina, through what clearly are the eyes of a true lover of femininity.

An excellent topic.

Vale

glad you like it! Going to check out the ballerina now

- - - Updated - - -

Lol, I was actually thinking about this myself. I was just on eBay finding a Belle gown and Wig. And then came here to ask this very question! It's not childish at all. In fact, I was at Disneyland in LA only a few weeks ago, and stupid online to get my photo with Belle. So pretty. Now I have aspirations!! Back to jogging it all out now... :D

Nice to hear. Be sure to post ur pic as Belle here!

LaSirenaBella
01-03-2016, 11:49 AM
The Little Mermaid because I'm into mermaids. It says so in my name.

("Sirena" is the Spanish word for "mermaid.")

Leia Organa and Merida because they're self-rescuing and kickass.