PDA

View Full Version : Be Carful Underdressing

Heather Anne
12-21-2015, 07:49 PM
Back in September I was involved in a car accident and broke my left leg. Let's just say I wear a uniform and leave it go at that. I under dress a lot. Fortunately this particular day I did not. The only thing feminine I had on were knee high stockings. They make pulling a pair of boots on a lot easier. I have no memory of the actual accident. Some vague memories such as being on a helicopter, being in the emergency room, someone cutting off my clothes, my daughter being there, etc. I am very thankful that I was not wearing anything feminine under my uniform. I never ever expected to be in an accident. I probably will not be under dressing from now on. Too risky.

Teresa
12-21-2015, 08:07 PM
Heather ,
Does it really matter, we shouldn't feel ashamed of what we wear, the thing to be careful of is we didn't cause an accident because of wearing heels when driving. I've done it in 4" heeled boots and it felt someone had moved the pedals !
I hope you fully recovered from your accident.

JanePeterson
12-21-2015, 09:06 PM
Let's just say I wear a uniform and leave it go at that..

I totally understand... Wearing a uniform from time to time myself, it's difficult to bring the fem with you with all the potential hazards- makes me kinda angry having to be so sneaky, but ones livelihood weighs heavy against other considerations

Cdcdgirl
12-21-2015, 09:12 PM
I underdressed all the time and I don't care if I'm found out. The way I figure it is it's just panties it's not as if I'm breaking the law.

gokatiegirl
12-21-2015, 09:13 PM
If you're shaved smooth, you already brought the fem with you, an extra pair of panties isn't going to hurt anything.

jackie_p
12-21-2015, 09:17 PM
If you wear a uniform then there is obviously a dress code so the question is does the dress code or uniform standard say anything about what is worn underneath. If not, I don't think you need worry about being fired. Just the usual consequences should you be found out. My two cents. Personally I love underdressing, but I don't wear and kind of uniform,

Jackie

JanePeterson
12-21-2015, 09:23 PM
It does, but pretty much uninforceable - the real issue is the blowback from other folks in uniform finding out / dont want to speak for anyone else but the uniform services don't really enjoy the same freedoms as your average person, legal or not, it's an unwritten code of conformity that can take a heavy toll on ones career and life

reb.femme
12-22-2015, 06:36 AM
For anyone in the military or Police, getting caught in something sweet is the last thing needed, least of all for being the butt of all gags for the rest of time. Maybe a slight exaggeration, but it'll certainly feel like an eternity.

From what I hear in the States (not totally, but sufficiently high in likelihood), jobs can be snuffed out in the blink of an eye for minor infractions of code be they written/unwritten, so I can understand the cautious approach. I always wear my girl undies and quite often have my toenails painted, but I'm civilian IT these days.

Becky

Angela Marie
12-22-2015, 06:53 AM
Becky

Depends where in "the States" you are speaking of. The Northeast and West tends to be more liberal, especially as relates to government employment. Also many large corporations are TG friendly. Other parts of the country hit or miss. Of course as always there are exceptions to the above statements. I agree with you on a cautious approach though. Better to survey the scene before going forward.

AprilR
12-22-2015, 06:56 AM
I think it's one thing for a friend or co-worker to find you in fem but it's another if your family finds out. And I'm sure it can be hard explaining to your kids what's the whole deal.

CarlaWestin
12-22-2015, 07:23 AM
I also wear a uniform every day for employment but, my female coworkers wear the same thing.
Hmm, I wish they were cocktail servers.

:straightface:

Anyway, I would love to have full lingerie underneath but, it's just smooth and panties.
Once we had a wellness event where everyone was taking off their shoes and socks to get a BMI check.
I declined graciously. I think my toenails were red at the time.

Candice June Lee
12-22-2015, 08:05 AM
Under dressing is a daily thing for me. Both bra and panties. I don't worry what may happen in an accident. If all that is worried about is my toe nails, panties or what ever instead of my well being, then there is an issue. Losing my job over a pair of panties, that's Petty. I know it happens, but we'd have to be flaunting them. Anyway, if in a medical emergency the issue is more about your underpants than your well being, there is other issues at hand in my opinion.

JanePeterson
12-22-2015, 08:09 AM
If we're talking about the Military, it's important to note that most services still consider transgenderism to be a "disqualifying psychiatric condition" and can discharge you... While the winds feel to be shifting after don't ask don't tell, the policies remain on the books and enforcement is uncertain at best.

Laurana
12-22-2015, 08:30 AM
If I'm ever in an accident where they have to cut my clothes off the last thing I'm gonna worry about is what they think of what's underneath.

Sharon B.
12-22-2015, 08:37 AM
The same could said for going out fully dressed as a woman.

Sarah Beth
12-22-2015, 08:44 AM
Years ago I had a friend who was an emergency room nurse. She told me they saw a large number of men wearing women's undergarments come through the emergency. She also said while they saw what people had on or didn't have on when they cutting clothes off them that that wasn't what they were thinking about at the time. What she said always reminded her of what they were wearing was they seemed to make an issue of where what they had on at the time went.

happyallie
12-22-2015, 09:48 AM
Recently I had an X-ray. This had been done many times. This time they asked to remove more than before. Surprise. No big deal.

Krisi
12-22-2015, 10:12 AM
Wearing panties does mot equate to "transgenderism".

We all have different situations so one person's advice cannot be applied to everyone. If being caught wearing panties, a bra, makeup, etc. could cause you grief in your employment, you would be wise not to do it.

That's my advice. And it does apply to everyone.

marsha leanne
12-22-2015, 11:28 AM
[ I have no memory of the actual accident. being in the emergency room, someone cutting off my clothes, my daughter being there, etc. I am very thankful that I was not wearing anything feminine I never ever expected to be in an accident. I probably will not be under dressing from now on. Too risky.[/QUOTE]

i just had a scare myself.

Apparently i spiked the bp to over 225 and ended up in the e.r.. The wife picked me up and took me there, but i have no memory of the 12 hours i was there. This included ct scan, mri, ekg. robotic doctor unit etc. I say this because this is a day i usually dress while wife is away, and for whatever reason i did not that day.

The last memory i have is at 0845, when i said goodbye to the wife as she left, until 9"00pm when i regained lucidity in the e.r., daughter and wife sitting there, iv's in the arm, most of my clothes gone, and plugged into a machine. i was in total confusion as to why i was there, what was going on, and what happened.

i have been very skittish about dressing since then. So, no, i have not been under-dressing lately.

Stephanie47
12-22-2015, 11:50 AM
All I can say is each person has to decide for themselves as to whether or not to under dress or even go out en femme. There is always an inherent risk in life that there may be some accident or medical emergency that will have someone end up in the emergency room. If the purpose of wearing women's clothing is for some sort of stress relief, then perhaps limiting dressing to the relatively safe environment of the home may be the best way to enjoy oneself. If one wants to throw caution to the wind and venture forth attired as a woman then fine.

There are many people who are down right hostile to gays and lesbians and anyone on the transgender spectrum. Sure, there are many areas of the country that protect the rights of transgenders in employment, housing, etc. My State of Washington is very progressive when it comes to all the fine legalities. However, that does not confer acceptance by the general population. There is always the consequences a person has to deal with if cross dressing is exposed. How will family react? Or church members? Or co-workers? Or neighbors?

For people such as me it is a matter of comfort and stress relief. I did try under dressing on occasion since it seems to be the thing to do. I found it over rated. I really had no sense I was wearing women's clothing at all. I guess I've progressed far enough that the type of clothing I may wear has no effect on the man within or the woman within.

Wear what you want, when you want. It's always risk v reward.

CynthiaD
12-22-2015, 12:28 PM
I've been to the emergency room twice underdressed. I ended up in the hospital both times, so no secrets. It wasn't a big deal, but it's been a long time since I wore a uniform, and I imagine that would make a difference.

audreyinalbany
12-22-2015, 03:29 PM
It's just like Mom used to warn us about wearing clean underwear: "What if you're in an accident??"

sara.rafaela
12-22-2015, 04:04 PM
Regardless of whether you are protected by law or not, or the policies of the employer. I dress for fun, occasionally. This part of my life is something I would not want to share with my run of the mill coworkers and acquaintances. I served in the military some time ago; I could just imagine. I think Heather´s concerns are valid.

Sallee
12-22-2015, 04:09 PM
Heather you are right. Mother always said put on clean undies you might be in an accident, I guess she was right. But she didn't say what kind of undies LOL.
Hope you recovered well and in all honesty I don't think it is something that would come up after the accident but a bra might raise questions

sometimes_miss
12-22-2015, 05:21 PM
Mother always said put on clean undies you might be in an accident
But ole' Cosby told us that it won't matter. 'When you're in an accident, first you say it, then you do it. So it won't matter if they were clean when you left the house anyway.' AFA real life 'wear' marks, well, again we can thank comedians, Redd Foxx told us 30 years later to stop wearing white underwear!
That said, the underwear police don't work in emergency rooms. While they might think your choices of attire are crazy, no one will treat you any differently. They might giggle about it a little after you're gone, but that's about it.

lingerieLiz
12-23-2015, 12:16 AM
First of all you can not predict life so assume that at any moment something could happen. You could have a stroke, heart attack, or accident. Heather has to consider that while it may not get back to work, it could. You don't know who works at the hospital may be married to someone on base or what ever. While I have underdressed for years, I'm also pretty out there about it. Yet there are some people that I would rather not have them know. I accept that they may find out, but I avoid their direct knowledge. I would not recommend underdressing until out of uniform.

Tomara
12-23-2015, 10:22 AM
I have read all the comments and I can understand peoples reluctance to wear certain clothing for various reasons and I respect your decisions .

I'm a self employed mechanic so I wear a uniform every day and I also wear a minimum of a bra and panties or a thong every day and most days I'm wearing my medium breast forms as well , I started under-dressing full time right after seeing a therapist who specializes in gender related issues she helped me to accept my feminine side and my dressing as positive parts of who I am as a person and in the process I also accepted myself , I'm different than a lot of people and that's OK , what I wear is my choice and as long as my dressing doesn't affect anyone else negatively I don't see why I shouldn't wear the types of clothing that help me to feel happy and complete .
I have shared this part of my life with several friends and family members as well as my girlfriend so I'm not worried about the what ifs , I have been to the ER unexpectedly as well as my primary care doctor and massage appointments all without any problems or comments .
I believe that self confidence and self acceptance are a must to lead a happy and healthy life.

leotard fan
12-23-2015, 08:21 PM
yes, is too risky. i´m always afraid of been caught. i had been very lucky... until now...

Stephj
12-23-2015, 10:25 PM
I underdress everyday don't wear a uniform undressing helps me deal with all the stress of the day after going to a therapist a few years ago I realized this is who I am underdressing is my blood pressure Medicean and stress reducer

LindaAnne
12-27-2015, 08:11 AM
While I'm not in uniform each day (and a big thank you to those who are and help all of us!), I work in a very conservative, professional office and thus have my own type of "uniform" I wear each day. While underdressing at work occasionally in the past, a few months ago I wanted to start doing it daily. Now I wear panties everyday, no matter what or where. Sometimes I will have on a bralette at work but only when I am wearing a jacket or suit (there are some "backslappers" in my office and I'm sure they'd notice the bra straps!). I sometimes wear hose but that all depends on my mood. I've found that wearing each day, even though just a little, helps my mood so much. It's just another step in my journey to eventually dressing full time (a slow journey, but one I'm working towards).

I fully appreciate Stephj's comment about BP - I've had a recent scare and have found the more I dress the calmer I am. Also have been losing weight and exercising more which not only helps BP but also I'm starting to look better in my dresses now!

Sharon B.
12-27-2015, 08:26 AM
So instead of being under-dressed with drab clothes on a person should just go out fully dressed as a woman is what you are saying.

Michelle_G
12-27-2015, 05:37 PM
I also wear a uniform every day for work. It's total dude mode for me there. Never know when a con may make you fight for your life (medical and photos for evidence). You could also get any number of bodily fluids thrown on you resulting in a shower in the locker room (also photos for evidence). Not a fun way to be outed.

Robin777
12-27-2015, 05:57 PM
I wear panties every day to work and with my line of work I doubt I will ever get into an industrial accident. Even if I do the company promotes LGBT acceptance and there is a LGBT group also. So I doubt it would ever make it out of the on premise medical facility. I had more of a chance of getting a on the job injury at the last place I worked and I still wore panties.

Angie G
12-27-2015, 05:58 PM
I have no need to worry about a uniform. But just more then a year ago this past Thanksgiving That sent my wife to the ER thank god she was not hert injured I was fine the cad was D.O.A. I was underdressed in hose bra and panties. Hasn't stoped me from wearing such.:hugs:
Angie

Lena
12-27-2015, 05:59 PM
Sorry, but I was in uniform and knew the chances. You take the chances that you are willing to deal with. If you're afraid that family, coworkers, fellow soldiers are going to find out, don't do it. While I served, there was no way I would take the chance of clothes being found or being on me. But that was the priority at the time. now a days, I'm getting to the point where i don't care if my family knows (wife already knows). but again, it's a known risk and the factors should be considered before going out underdressed or full out dressed.

Vickie_CDTV
12-28-2015, 05:15 AM
From what I hear in the States (not totally, but sufficiently high in likelihood), jobs can be snuffed out in the blink of an eye for minor infractions of code be they written/unwritten, so I can understand the cautious approach. I always wear my girl undies and quite often have my toenails painted, but I'm civilian IT these days.

It depends on the state, more than the region. All states have different laws as to how/why you can fire someone, some are "at will", which means they can get rid of you for almost anything... or no reason at all, which makes all the so-called legal protections moot. Unless an employer is extremely dumb in an at-will state and makes it obvious they are firing someone for something that is illegal, they can just do it and say nothing.