PDA

View Full Version : what will you give for christmas this year....

mykell
12-22-2015, 08:03 AM
we always seem to post about our wants for christmas, gifts, wishes, ect...just wanted to get some perspective of what we will give this time.

things are slow and steady for myself this past year, im trying to be more patient with how things are progressing for my wife and I....

and of coarse wishing for world peace....

Merry Christmas and a Pinker New Year !

Meghan4now
12-22-2015, 08:10 AM
I'm giving lots of things, love, my time, lots of presents.

But since this is CD.com, I am giving my 25 YO niece at $25 gift card to Ulta. Dropped in on lunch break yesterday. It was so crowded, I didn't dare look around much, no time I had to get in line.

Sarah Beth
12-22-2015, 08:48 AM
Giving the grown up "kids" gift cards so they can get what they what since they can't seem to ever impart what it is they would like to have. The younger ones get toys and clothes and a Minions movie whatever a minion is. My wife and I don't get each other anything we would rather spend the money on the grand kids.

reb.femme
12-22-2015, 09:44 AM
...whatever a minion is....
A minion is what I am in real life, taking orders and not up to much! :heehee: Actually, I quite like me, so don't get worried anyone.

After a little whinge and feeling sorry for myself in someone else's post, I've bought my wife a Lenovo (Chinese IBM) Yoga 300 Convertible laptop. The old MACBook Pro screen has just about given up the ghost and I'm not spending the best part of £1000 on a replacement, even though they are fantastic bits of kit. I like to give to The Salvation Army, to be totally open. A very British institution for me and worthy of preservation, and that's from an old atheist / sceptic like me. There's a little bit of early family history in that one, but that's between me and family. :straightface:

Eldest granddaughter is getting clothes card for New Look etc and youngest is getting a Windows Lumia phone.

Plus some bits for our sons, but we don't go overboard there. We run a policy of buying for the kids in the family up and until 16 years old and thereafter, only for their 18th and 21st birthdays. We don't get presents from them either. We're not tight with money, just careful :devil: (read skinflint).

Becky

CynthiaD
12-22-2015, 12:09 PM
Gift cards! Jewelry for my wife. Toys for the grand kids. Food baskets for my siblings.

bridget thronton
12-22-2015, 12:15 PM
I am giving my time to my family (no university work till next week)

Michele14
12-24-2015, 09:28 AM
Gift cards, kitchen appliances, clothes, puzzles. Merry Christmas to all

kittie60
12-24-2015, 11:41 AM
Gift cards toys, clothes and a new pair of wedge shoes and a morganite necklace for the wife.

Raychel
12-24-2015, 11:50 AM
Gift Cards, Riding Socks, Car Floor Mats, Gaming Chair with Snack Table, and
for my wife, because she is the only one that gets to park in the garage.
a new garage door, It will be good for her to able to park in the garage again
without getting out of the car to open the old junk door.

Robin414
12-24-2015, 12:22 PM
Great post, my friend Carla Westin 'pays it forward' and I'm walking the talk, I have two $50 movie gift certificates in my pocket I plan to give to 'accepting' retail clerks (from US), might be after Christmas but that's OK!

Jacqueline StGermain
12-24-2015, 01:14 PM
Got the SO some of her favorite panties ( among a few other things )
I felt unusually at home in the lingerie section .

Katey888
12-24-2015, 03:55 PM
Good thoughts Mikell.. :)

A lot like Meghan, my love, my time and dedication to my wife are all top of the list... :love:

As to more material things, 'her indoors' also receives an OPI Infinite Shine starter pack (on account of a bad experience with gel nails, a UV lamp and raging contact dermatitis complete with weeping blisters... :eek:) and a bundle of bright, pastel summery colours to keep her nails cheerful through the next couple of dullest months... This has the added advantage that any colours she doesn't fancy may well come in the direction of yours truly... :daydreaming:

Katey x

reb.femme
12-24-2015, 05:55 PM
I'm sure Posh (aka Katey) will be spending thousands and thousands but doesn't like to say. How the rich live? Whilst Becks here will be begging on the streets and grateful for all she gets.

I'll give a big extra Xmas thanks to Katey for our night out in MK a month ago. A lovely wing girl, or was I the wing girl? Either way, thanks Katey.

Becky x