PDA

View Full Version : Humph.. /swish

mechamoose
12-22-2015, 01:04 PM
I just ran a set of errands while wearing a pretty black ankle length skirt. It was so funny dealing with people who were trying really hard NOT to see me.

I'm sorry if I make our communal 'norm' folks uncomfortable. I'm an aberration, and I'd be insulted if you binned me in with all the others.

I like making mundanes uncomfortable. It isn't their fault, they have been fed lies for years.

Nobody left MY cake out in the rain. I am woman, HEAR ME ROAR.

(at least as far as these worn out male hips will allow)

/SWISH (ouch)

<3

- MM

Robin414
12-22-2015, 01:58 PM
Way to go MM, I've adopted a somewhat 'tween' look most of the time myself lately and I actually find in really works (I mean werks, I think) 😉

Dana44
12-22-2015, 02:07 PM
Yeah,I've been pushing it also. sometimes I wonder about myself. But hoot we only live once.

pamela7
12-22-2015, 02:20 PM
you only find the edge by crossing it ... go gurl!!

Robin414
12-22-2015, 02:33 PM
Excellent observation Pamela! I've often wondered (and posted) what's crossing the line (I walk on it all the time lately) and don't doubt I've crossed it more than a few times! 😉

mechamoose
12-22-2015, 03:01 PM
It is normal only when it doesn't seem strange.

We each have our parts to play. We each have risks we take.

I'm ME. I'm outside most folks comfort zone. We still have the right to be ourselves without getting Sh!t for it.

Katey888
12-22-2015, 04:12 PM
Good to hear you're still swishing around out there and keeping the muggles alert/ entertained/ confused* (*delete as applicable)

I do so hope you were lifting the rest of the outfit with a bit of magic & sparkle for the season though...? Glittery nails perhaps? My wife will get her Rudolph the Reindeer earrings out for Christmas Day, I'm sure... :)

Best wishes for the season to you and yours! :cheer:

Katey x

ReineD
12-22-2015, 05:14 PM
It was so funny dealing with people who were trying really hard NOT to see me.

Just curious ... why do you find this enjoyable?

mechamoose
12-22-2015, 07:36 PM
Because I'm just me, and people in general expect roles to be in a narrow channel.

I'm kind of wide in that regard.

Why should I limit myself to fit?

I'm a big bright neon sign. I don't quite get why I'm so odd. But I know that e being myself makes other people uncomfortable.

As far as people NOT seeing me.. it is like folks paying attention to the stage lights instead of the cast. I'm an easy target.

- MM

Sallee
12-22-2015, 07:42 PM
Interesting response to Reinee's question. I don't like to do that when I dress but I understand where you are coming from When I was a young hippie I liked going over the top long hair freakie clothing beads etc. It mad people uncomfortable at least back then it did so I enjoyed it. Maybe thats why we see so many tats today It upsets the norm. I guess I have out grown it now

Tracii G
12-22-2015, 07:45 PM
Enjoy being yourself MM I have no problem with it.
You don't have to be one thing or the other just have fun.

Tattoo's are the norm now so I have to beg to differ Sallee.