PDA

View Full Version : happy wig store drab outing

Sallee
12-22-2015, 03:48 PM
I went to the wig store today to pickup a wig I dropped off a w1.5 weeks ago. I dropped it off while dressed which is the way I planned on picking it up. But do to time constraints I went in guy mode. and asked for Sallee's wig. The owner, Maria looked at me and totally didn't recognize me at all not surprising. She asked if I was picking it up for my wife I said no for me. She looked again had a few questions and I said I show her a picture then it all came together. She said she has been doing wigs for 40 yrs and is familiar with the CD and DQ community and can usually tell who is and who isn't but she had no idea when she saw me as Sallee that I wasn't what I appeared to be and as a guy that I might be a CD.
I loved it needless to say she totally made my day. She also said the wig was ready if I needed it, I didn't, and that she would like to do some more work on it because it was a very good wig. So I left it, we had a little chat and she keep saying she couldn't believe it. I told her I would be back after the first of the year and wasn't sure how I might be dressed she laughed and said I look good both ways.
She really made my day I guess I passed totally with her that day. GREAT thats the plan
Thank you Maria

Amanda Monica
12-22-2015, 03:54 PM
Always great to hear a positive story!

Robin414
12-22-2015, 09:54 PM
Great to hear Sallee, I'm planning a trip to do a new do tomorrow myself but I think I'll go in my new 'tween' mode look ��

OK, seriously! I Googled Jason Statham wearing lipstick! WTF...wait a minute, is that Russian Red lipstick by MAC? ��

josrphine
12-22-2015, 10:10 PM
Hi Sallee , I have the same problem, only I am 75 an I have to show my Drivers lic. some times it make my day as they keep saying NO WAY. Don't you love it. JO

Tracii G
12-23-2015, 02:04 AM
Thats awesome!!
When you own the situation its just that much better.

Beverley Sims
12-23-2015, 04:32 AM
I have been to a couple of wig boutiques in drab, stated my case and they have suggested I come back as Beverley so as they can find the right style.

Most larger outlets are happy to fit you dressed, some even preferring it.

Claire Cook
12-23-2015, 05:14 AM
Sallee,

What a wonderful affirmation! Dontcha just love it that happens?

Stephanie Julianna
12-23-2015, 05:33 AM
That is a great experience . You must have been walking 3 feet off the ground for the rest of the day. I have had a similar experience and when I recall it I'm instantly in a good mood.