PDA

View Full Version : I think '15 was a good year... PLEASE respond: what were the 3 best years for CD/TG?

Krististeph
12-23-2015, 01:29 PM
So I think this has been a good year for CD/TG acceptance/tolerance (part of those words still make me so angry: thanks so much for the favor…), perhaps one of the better ones.

In fact, I think that in the past few years, CD/TG awareness has taken off geometrically. Both in personal and collected anecdotes, we are gaining acknowledgement in society.

I want to get a consensus of the rate of this however. The word “rate” brings in connotations of calculus, and I’ll be more than happy to accept help in this department as I have only figured out a few calculi on my own so far…

But more important is the data. SO:

What three (3) (III) years (Jan-Dec) do you think have been the most significant for CD/TG/TS acceptance/acknowledgement/rights/tolerance?

Feel free to explain or expound on your answer or answers.

Multiple answers should be numbered in order of importance or given a weighting (percentage). Please encourage your friends and non-CD.COM acquaintances to contribute, but do try to include some form of name or notation to eliminate any duplicates. The more responses, the better the data. I’ll do a stat analysis on this and disclose methods and data to make sure I am not messing up the analysis. This is totally for personal use, just for fun (and practice), as I will probably be diving into statistical science again soon.

I am assuming the range will start at year 2000 or so, but 1990 or 1980 might be appropriate depending on the responses, and of course- than you all for your participation!

Math is always more fun while wearing a tutu.

Meghan4now
12-23-2015, 03:04 PM
1996, when the internet was still free, and windows 95 opened the flood gates.
2004 when this forum started ???
And 1975 when the Rocky Horror Picture show was filmed

Helen_Highwater
12-23-2015, 08:27 PM
Probably the last 3.

Why? Because a transsexual won the European Song contest, a boxing promoter and an athletic champion won acceptance following gender change operations. Yep they drew some scepticism from certain parts of the media, even from members on the forum, but nevertheless it wasn't that long ago such that such things would have either never happened, gone unreported or been the source of mocking humour.

However we here should be under no illusion that we ride on the wings of the gay community who have pressed for their rights over many years. One negative of the growing acceptance of Trans people is that we a lumped together with the gay community. We have yet to break the tie that to be CD/Trans equates to being gay.

I'm not knocking it. I'll take what ever is pertinent at the time if it means the cause moves forward.

TrishaTX
12-23-2015, 08:50 PM
1) 2012- because my wife found out and we almost divorced BUT I told someone and that was the first time in 45 years
2) 2015- Because I am now comfortable with me and she is becoming comfortable as well
3) 1966- I was born and I was a crossdresser ....that is for sure...

Dana44
12-23-2015, 09:06 PM
2015 was a great year. The last two were also good for cding.

MissDanielle
12-23-2015, 09:18 PM
2015 was great because I was finally comfortable coming to terms with admitting to myself that I am trans.