PDA

View Full Version : THE big question.

Krististeph
12-23-2015, 02:07 PM
2015:

Nano-Technology

Genetic analysis

Genetic engineering

Dark matter (note that in which in its current hypothesis I oppose)

But the thing that we want to know: do aliens also crossdress?

Well???

Seriously, if you can, think about this. Would crossdressing occur in alien societies too?

If you need to- go ahead and limit it to humaniod or mammalian types of life forms.

But in light of the new Star Wars movie, and recent sci fi such as Firefly, Guardians of the Galaxy, and Avatar, where do crossdressers fit in? Is is always a behind-the-scenes thing? A bedroom fetish?

NicoleScott
12-23-2015, 02:24 PM
While we're at it, do bigfoots (bigfeet?) crossdress? To know, we'd have to find some first. As with alien life, that hasn't happened yet. However, there is some good evidence that WE are alien life. So I guess the answer is yes.

Angie G
12-23-2015, 02:53 PM
Why wouldn't they if there an intelligent lifeform.:hugs:
Angie

JanePeterson
12-23-2015, 03:20 PM
well...

an intelligent life form would theoretically possess a brain at least as complex as ours... and the genetic benefits of having two or more genders would make it reasonable to assume they would differentiate somehow. With a noodle this complex, a few "crossed" wires from time to time wouldn't be that unexpected... so yeah sure why not??

xoxox

Jane

ClosetED
12-23-2015, 03:22 PM
If they are truly intelligent, then they moved beyond using clothing to distinguish gender and let each wear whatever they wish for that day.
Hugs, Ellen

Julie Denier
12-23-2015, 03:30 PM
While we're at it, do bigfoots (bigfeet?) crossdress?

Yes - I wear a size 15 :D

pamela7
12-23-2015, 03:47 PM
Why would aliens dress to segregate sexes? Surely, if aliens needed clothing (see "Earth Girls Are Easy" for reference), then why would they constrain dress codes?

Alien Species 1: the sperm of several "males" is taken in by the female and all contribute to the DNA of the offspring, making them a tribal family society

Alien Species 2: there are no males nor females, but the "eggs" released by them go into a communal cluster where the genetic transfer is mixed - everyone is a father and sa mother.

Alien Species 3: Hermaphorodites with cross-fertilisation - all are females who donate male sperm to the other females, thus ensuring genetic mutation and diversity.

Alien Species 4: one male supplies the spermatozoa to thousands of female receptors, if there is no male, one of the females can become male to fulfil the role

Alien Species 5: there are three parents - the surrogate who grows the new baby, and two (or more) dna-donor parents

and so on ...

Cheryl T
12-23-2015, 03:53 PM
So... there may be a "Trans-Yeti" ?

litangel
12-23-2015, 06:30 PM
Read Left Hand of Darkness? Alien societies may be so advanced around gender, that CD is not even an issue.

NicoleScott
12-23-2015, 07:21 PM
Pamela, earthworms tried a version of your #3, and look where it got them: impaled on fishhooks and then drowned.

Victoria Demeanor
12-23-2015, 07:32 PM
No.....no such things as aliens................now excuse me, I must call home......

Maryesther M.
12-23-2015, 07:39 PM
Mechanical monotone.......All Aliens are Sexless. What is Crossdressing? We All dress the Same!

M.

flatlander_48
12-23-2015, 08:00 PM
Thanks to the miracle of (or curse of, depending) genetically modified corn, everyone now has every variation of genitalia. While it sort of takes the fun out of being bisexual, it has been a boon to the clothing and closet system industries now that everyone has every variation of wardrobe. FINALLY everyone can dress every morning in the manner that they damn well please!!

Amen children, Amen...

DeeAnn

PS:

Please do not tell the aliens as they are in awe of our chameleon ways. They think that we are gods...

TrishaTX
12-23-2015, 08:51 PM
I am from NY there are plenty of aliens there...believe me they crossdress

AngelaYVR
12-23-2015, 09:05 PM
They just utilise "V" technology and can mimic whatever sex they want (until someone pulls the skin away from their cheek, the alien equivalent of losing your wig)

VAWyman
12-23-2015, 09:39 PM
I've often thought that if there were numerous other life forms out there, one of the HAD to be the most advanced. What if we humans are that one most advanced civilization in all the universe?

Robin414
12-23-2015, 10:06 PM
Great thought Kristin, I think all life is likely based on DNA and bound by the same laws of bio-physics...and there is a biological reason for why we are us even if it hasn't been clearly identified and published in JABS so I'd say heck yah!

Unless they've transcended! hmmm, a cross dressing AI robot...actually I can see that being big come Christmas 2050 😉

Lisa85
12-23-2015, 10:14 PM
cross dressing aliens. You've got to be kidding. Why dress at all? Why only two sexes? Why would you assume aliens have tactical or presentation senses. sorry,can't buy it.

Eryn
12-23-2015, 10:46 PM
...But in light of the new Star Wars movie, and recent sci fi such as Firefly, Guardians of the Galaxy, and Avatar, where do crossdressers fit in?

MAL: If your hand touches metal...

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you.

From the episode "Our Mrs. Reynolds." Later on in the episode, Mal is asked about his choice of dress:

INARA: So explain to me again why Zoe wasn't in the dress?

MAL: Tactics, woman. I needed her covering the back. Besides, them soft cotton dresses feel kind of nice. There's a whole air flow...

INARA: And you would know that because...

MAL: You can't open the book of my life and jump in the middle. Like woman, I am a mystery

Of course, in the Firefly 'verse, there are no aliens so the original question is kind of moot.

Dana44
12-23-2015, 10:48 PM
Yeah if they are DNA creatures like us. They might be similar. But many life forms out there may be reptile or silicon or some other form. Then it would be hard to distinguish. They would not even know we were crossdressing if they saw us.

Sandie70
12-23-2015, 10:54 PM
The true questions should be "are there alien Ross stores with cute boots on sale" and "do Dressbarns have outlets on Alpha Centauri?"

docrobbysherry
12-24-2015, 12:54 AM
Aren't we just pussyfooting around the REAL question here? Which is:

Do or did gods, Jesus, Buda, Mohamed, etc. CD?

Robin414
12-24-2015, 01:19 AM
If God created us in 'HIS image' I'll leave that one to the statistical relevance of my peeps 😯

Eryn
12-24-2015, 02:01 AM
I think that back then they all wore robes.

Except the FSM, who is clothed in delicious sauce.

CathyWallace
12-24-2015, 04:54 AM
I know that my dog cross dresses because I've seen him in a tutu. There is no credible evidence that aliens of the off planet variety exist so we can conclude that they all cross dress. However, that means that they all appear in clothing normative to all of their three genders, so we can conclude that none of the cross dress as well. So far, we humans have not mastered three way reproduction although it is possible with two DNA donors and one mitrocondial DNA donor. What would we then call the three particicants?

Krististeph
12-25-2015, 11:50 AM
Okay, maybe not just crossdress, but would they have gender dysphoric issues as well?

I say yes, given the that the more complex the brain, (I'm assuming aliens that are more "cerebrally" advanced than us) the more variation is likely: Dolphins, Orangs, Chimps, Ravens, Otters all these intelligent playful animals are know to be regularly or at least anecdotally homosexual, which suggests non-traditional role playing.

The most alien human groups (from a WASP-ish) point of view are native americans. A number of then treat transgender people or crossdressing people as those who are in contact with higher spirits.

I think the transgenderism comes as a complication of when the genetic sexual reproduction that has proven useful for evolution intersects with the evolution the intelligence of communication, of brains capable of processing higher order concepts.

The next logical question is HOW they deal with it. I'm assuming that homosexuality will run at 7-15% and transgenderism in all forms may run 1-3%. It is still a minority, but it is not a pathology.

How would an an advanced society like this work?

I'm asking everyone to go out on a limb- don't be afraid to take an idea a run with it even if it might not be correct- what we need is to exercise the imagination here- perfect for Christmas- this is our gift- our version of life- and what better way to celebrate it or appreciate it by using our imaginations we have to play with this unique viewpoint we have?

I have to admit- I just talked myself into a corner. The advanced society- i cannot see it as functioning any different than we are now (in terms of gender issues) except that it would incorporate all of the positive aspects, and the negative aspects- people who wig out (for lack of a better term) simply do not exist.

And here I though I would be the creative one... :straightface:

LelaK
12-25-2015, 10:51 PM
If AI or some aliens don't wipe us out first, I think in 20 years or so, it may be possible to develop genetically modified musculature etc that would allow us to change our facial appearances and other features in order to look more feminine or masculine. However, it would then become problematic to identify anyone, including criminals. I suppose technological advances might solve that problem too.

Does anyone want to invest in research on genetically modifying interested existing humans to become at least minimal allomorphs, or shape-shifters? I'm game.

Wen4cd
12-26-2015, 12:49 AM
Aren't we just pussyfooting around the REAL question here? Which is:

Do or did gods, Jesus, Buda, Mohamed, etc. CD?

Don't know about them, (well, Jesus and Buddha in various representations were both pretty obvious symbols of full gender
integration and alchemical completion, but that's a different story)

But for the original forced-fem fantasy, you need look no earlier than the history of Heracles (Hercules) and his year long imposed servitude to Omphale, where she made him wear her clothes and do all the feminine household chores while she wore his battle gear and weapons and ordered him around. Legend has it he enjoyed that year quite a lot.

Judy-Somthing
12-26-2015, 12:12 PM
I would say that a aliens do not cross-dress.

I've seen quite a few movies about aliens and it's clear to me that they don't wear clothes.

I think the real question is, where do they keep their wallets?

CathyWallace
12-27-2015, 10:51 PM
About native Americans. Some of the plains Indians had war leaders who wore female clothes and rode into battle sitting backwards on the horse. Worm did this, and when he got back to camp he was given his new name: Crazy Horse. He did not, however, do this wearing high heels.