PDA

View Full Version : Outfit Too Feminine

Heather Anne
12-25-2015, 12:32 PM
I have been crossdressing since 2004. I have an extensive wardrobe of woman's clothes. Dresses, skirts, blouses, skirt suits, etc. I would probably have to admit that I have gone overboard buying clothes. I have a couple of outfits that I am concerned about wearing out in public. So here is my question. Is an outfit too feminine for a crossdresser to wear in public?

Sandie70
12-25-2015, 12:42 PM
I think there are outfits that even a GG might hesitate wearing in public... unless maybe she was on her way to a square-dance (lol). However, I remember a time when I went shopping in a sexy, very short dress with high-heel boots and I got a lot of looks. It wasn't all bad though, as quite a few of the looks from men were quite obviously of a "turned on" nature. I have to admit that I enjoyed the idea that I was - even for a moment - an object of desire to the men I encountered. That can really give a girl confidence.

Cheryl T
12-25-2015, 01:01 PM
That depends on your purpose.
If you want to "blend in" and just be another woman (what most would call passing) then yes there are things too feminine, such as the dress in your Avatar.
If you want to attract attention to yourself and advertise you are CD then go for it.

Teresa
12-25-2015, 01:17 PM
Heather,
Sorry but it's yes and no !

It really does depend where and when you go out, you can see what the average woman wears in a given situation if you want to blend with them wear what they do ! If you want to be noticed then wear what you like, and to hell with the consequences ! I have a couple of maid outfits, one in PVC should I wear it to shop in my local High Street? Nice thought and the outcome might be interesting but no way ! If I was still doing charity work with my local Round Table I would consider most things for a good cause but not to make a point about being a CDer , it's not the way to do it !

jenniferinsf
12-25-2015, 02:17 PM
my take is that depending on the venue and what you are trying to achieve then anything is possible but generally i would be in "keep in low key"

Leslie Langford
12-25-2015, 02:27 PM
I guess the real question here is "feminine" as opposed to dressing provocatively sexy. "No" to the first; "yes" to the second unless the crossdresser consciously wants to make a fashion statement, and is actively seeking to draw attention to herself - be it positive or negative.

Jenniferathome
12-25-2015, 07:22 PM
Yes! If women in general are not wearing similar things at the same location, time and for the same occasion, then it is too much. That applies to makeup, shoes, jewelry, and clothing

LelaK
12-25-2015, 10:08 PM
If you have the courage, I favor dressing as feminine as possible, in order to encourage women to dress more femininely too. Women dress kind of drab these days. That needs to change, methinks. So be the trend-setter for all of us.

Lorileah
12-25-2015, 10:13 PM
too feminine? Please define.

Not decent, not appropriate, too exposing? Yes to all of those. But your fetish is probably not something you would show in most public venues. Too short a hem or too much cleavage would get you asked to leave in most places. Just because you are CD doesn't give you license to step over common decency

Jenniferathome
12-25-2015, 10:28 PM
If you have the courage, I favor dressing as feminine as possible, in order to encourage women to dress more femininely too. Women dress kind of drab these days. That needs to change, methinks. So be the trend-setter for all of us.

Yeah, all it takes is a cross dresser to convince genetic women to dress more femininely. Not.

Nadine Spirit
12-25-2015, 10:42 PM
I too wonder what "too feminine" means?

Is it okay to wear a skirt or dress when most other folks where blue jeans? Sure. I do it all of the time. But a cute cocktail dress to do a day of shopping at a CostCo? No, I don't dress up for those locales.

So..... Too short of a skirt or dress? Yeah some things can be too short. How about too much of a sexual look? Yeah that could be too much. Or maybe a costume sort of look? Yeah that could be too much.

But again it depends on what you are going for. Do you want to just be out and about being accepted as someone presenting as a woman? Or are you wanting to get out and get lots of attention?

Oh and as far as a cross dresser encouraging GGs to dress more femininely, that is laughable.

Leslie Langford
12-26-2015, 12:51 AM
Actually not all that funny... on a couple of occasions, I have had GG's compliment me on the outfits that I was wearing when I was out and about and half-jokingly tell me that I am raising the bar for them.

Rightly or wrongly, women are often quite insecure about their appearance and clothing choices, feel judged, and continuously seek affirmation from both men and women (actually - mainly the latter) that they are living up to others' expectations.

docrobbysherry
12-26-2015, 01:04 AM
I guess I'm the 3rd reader that wondered how any CD could be too feminine?

Unless u really mean inappropriately dressed?

Adriana Moretti
12-26-2015, 02:01 AM
yea lets see a pic of this outfit.....then we could let you know xoxo

Tracii G
12-26-2015, 02:08 AM
I would have to see the outfit in question.

prene
12-26-2015, 03:42 AM
I want to wear what the other gg's are wearing.

But yes I do not want to have the look of ... I forgot her name ... the girl with no talent related to Jenner.

I do not think she looks good at all.

BLUE ORCHID
12-26-2015, 07:48 AM
Hi Heather Anne:hugs:, Depending on where you are planning on going will make all the difference whether
you blend in or stand out. ~~...:daydreaming:...

Krisi
12-26-2015, 08:06 AM
Too feminine? That depends on how you are defining "feminine". The outfit in your avatar is too something to be worn in public except to a costume party (in my opinion).

Put on your men's clothing and walk outside. See what the women are wearing and take notes if necessary. Now come back in and dress like they are dressed and you will be fine.

And for LelaK, overdressing for the occasion (especially as a crossdresser) is not going to change fashion trends, it's going to make you look like a fool.